PDA

View Full Version : Injury Update: Ginobili (rest), Splitter (back) and Neal (foot) out, Parker playing

timvp
03-24-2012, 06:28 PM
Neal with a sprained foot. Damn, the injuries never stop...

Duncan is a go but is supposedly on a minute restriction. Bonner was stiff after the last game but will give it a go tonight.

Parker's playing, at least :tu

Sense
03-24-2012, 06:31 PM
:lol you have to be kidding me..

This shit's starting to not seem believable.

Stalin
03-24-2012, 06:33 PM
fucking spurs are so deep this season, tbh

Thompson
03-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Bonner (inadvertently) hurt Neal, I remember both of them trying to cut off a baseline drive and Neal looking down at his foot after Bonner loped off.

HazeGray
03-24-2012, 06:34 PM
pop is in full roster evaluation mode.

seriously doubt these injuries are significant.

common used term applies "CIA POP"

Mel_13
03-24-2012, 06:36 PM
Neal with a sprained foot. Damn, the injuries never stop...

This compressed schedule is just stupid. These nagging injuries are going to continue. Let's just hope they avoid any serious injuries.

Anonymous Cowherd
03-24-2012, 06:37 PM
good news for Justin Dentmon...

Proxy
03-24-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm not sure why anyone gets pissed about this if but for anything other than establishing chemistry. Even then, it gives Boris and Jack more time to get acclimated, so the chemistry argument could go either way. The majority of this team has been together for a while now anyways.

If the team is capable depth-wise, then it's a smart move to keep the players fresh. Why risk the two most fragile players on the team against NOH?

benefactor
03-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Makes sense why they called up Dentmon now. Feels like it's going to take a miracle to have everyone ready for the playoffs.

Kuestmaster
03-24-2012, 06:43 PM
It was fucking dumb from the nba to lose 2 months of competition and only play 16 less games than in a normal season. It's killing a lot of teams.

eric365
03-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Parker's injury was not serious at all. Seems like pop plan for this B2B2B was to rest 1 of the big 3 at each game and let play the other 2:
- Manu/TD against Dallas
- TP/TD against NO
- TP/Manu tomorrow

This is better than resting all of them in one of the 3 games.

Hope it was something pop wanted and not forced by the injuries and he will do the same for the other B2B2B

jag
03-24-2012, 06:56 PM
This is expected. A surprise to me would be a completely healthy Spurs team.

spectator
03-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Parker's injury was not serious at all. Seems like pop plan for this B2B2B was to rest 1 of the big 3 at each game and let play the other 2:
- Manu/TD against Dallas
- TP/TD against NO
- TP/Manu tomorrow

This is better than resting all of them in one of the 3 games.

Hope it was something pop wanted and not forced by the injuries and he will do the same for the other B2B2B

i think that he rested tony as a preventative measure vs. dallas.

sucks about neal. have they set a timetable for his return?

Stalin
03-24-2012, 06:59 PM
This is expected. A surprise to me would be a completely healthy Spurs team.

as much chance as leCrab not choking in the fourth, tbh

FuzzyLumpkins
03-24-2012, 07:00 PM
Parker, Leonard, Duncan, Jackson, Green, Diaw, Blair, Bonner, and Anderson is your 9 man rotation.

We need Mills badly. Dentmon I guess is going to have to play.

Spur|n|Austin
03-24-2012, 07:02 PM
Makes sense why they called up Dentmon now. Feels like it's going to take a miracle to have everyone ready for the playoffs.

Indeed. I think if Pop continues to limit Manu and TD's minutes and we can ride our depth, we should be ok barring any new injuries.

loveforthegame
03-24-2012, 07:04 PM
The injuries never stop.

Do we know how long Neal could be out?

Mel_13
03-24-2012, 07:06 PM
The other side is in worse shape. They're missing three guys who started their most recent game (their entire frontcourt of Kaman, Smith, and Ariza) as well as Okafor and Gordon.

benefactor
03-24-2012, 07:09 PM
The other side is in worse shape. They're missing three guys who started their most recent game (their entire frontcourt of Kaman, Smith, and Ariza) as well as Okafor and Gordon.
Yup...the Spurs should destroy them on the boards and win this game handily even without Manu/Splitter/Neal.

siraulo23
03-24-2012, 07:17 PM
what was that? point blanked layup missed by green

edit: oops thought its the game blog thread :lol

pgardn
03-24-2012, 07:18 PM
Parker, Leonard, Duncan, Jackson, Green, Diaw, Blair, Bonner, and Anderson is your 9 man rotation.

We need Mills badly. Dentmon I guess is going to have to play.

We do need Mills. If we could just keep a competent player to bring the ball up the court healthy we would not have to overuse Neal and Parker.

Other posters are correct as well. Lots of teams suffering. How is it that Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum have stayed relatively healthy.. (cept for the Wade face slap during the allstar sham). Actually I think Bynum might be due for a knee problem.

ffadicted
03-24-2012, 07:21 PM
If we lose in the playoffs due to injuries, I wonder how many "Would the spurs be :lobt2: if it was a regular 82 game season?" threads we'd get

maverick1948
03-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Help Help the sky is falling. Manu is resting NOT hurt. Splitter will likely go Sunday. Neal injury is something to watch tomorrow night when he comes back from his day of REST.

Stop trying to make something out of nothing.

DJB
03-24-2012, 07:56 PM
Spurs have gone from looking like the best team I've seen in years to the worst in 24 hrs.

DJB
03-24-2012, 09:08 PM
efghtrbfegtrnfdbgrnfdvrfrvfrbr

03-24-2012, 10:18 PM
a completely healthy spurs team would actually make me uncomfortable, like another season ending injury was around the corner..

Mel_13
03-24-2012, 11:19 PM
Parker says his hamstring still feels weak. "I can’t really push off, so I looked a little bit slow today," he says.

Parker figures it will take him a week or so to get back to normal. Plans to spend extra rehab time with strength coach Matt Herring.

Gary Neal said he sprained his foot while chasing Jason Terry on Friday. He stepped on DeJuan Blair's foot. Unsure if he'll play tomorrow.

http://twitter.com/#!/JMcDonald_SAEN

They're gonna get run out the building by a young, rested Philly team.

Spurs da champs
03-24-2012, 11:21 PM
I understand that injuries happen but I just get the feeling that some these guys just don't have the will to play.

TheSkeptic
03-24-2012, 11:23 PM
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I mean, the medical staff is involved which would suggest that these injuries are legit...

Let's just be glad that nobody's dealing with anything too serious and let's hope the team can hold on a little bit longer and win tomorrow.

loveforthegame
03-24-2012, 11:27 PM
The injuries suck for sure but thankfully we have the depth to cover for them. No need to rush someone back.

Spurs da champs
03-24-2012, 11:29 PM
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I mean, the medical staff is involved which would suggest that these injuries are legit...

Let's just be glad that nobody's dealing with anything too serious and let's hope the team can hold on a little bit longer and win tomorrow.

Yeah but giving yourself your own analysis, I mean c'mon!

TheSkeptic
03-24-2012, 11:33 PM
Yeah but giving yourself your own analysis, I mean c'mon!

:lol

Touché.

SpursRock20
03-24-2012, 11:37 PM
Can't miss too many more games. We can only lose two more games if we want to keep that 50+ win season streak alive!