PDA

View Full Version : Is Diaw the New RJ?

Calispursfan11
03-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Someone has to get the short end of the stick here and fill the highly talented yet underachieving role. It's not going to be Capn' Jack.

Mel_13
03-24-2012, 10:01 PM
no

TheSkeptic
03-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Can't the team look forward to having no talented underachievers on the roster?

Calispursfan11
03-24-2012, 10:05 PM
RJ set perfect screens and played defense?

No, but someone is going to have to be a scapegoat when things go badly. The biggest targets are players whose numbers and minutes are way below their potential. I think Diaw is the best candidate for this kind of criticism of any Spur at the moment.

Calispursfan11
03-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Can't the team look forward to having no talented underachievers on the roster?

Perhaps the term "underachiever" shouldn't be used to describe someone who is just doing his job within the system, whose numbers don't reflect his true value, but some fans won't see it that way.

100%duncan
03-24-2012, 10:08 PM
yeah.

maverick1948
03-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Diaw has a role to play on the court. He will have another 20 games to learn the full system. Jax knows the system, it has not changed that much. I dont think we have a new RJ, Diaw can play if he is motivated and being on a team with an excellent chance to go all the way, he will be motivated.

I dont expect to see huge numbers from Diaw, just solid play when he is out there. Jackson on the other hand should put up far better numbers than RJ ever did.

MR.SILVER&BLack
03-24-2012, 10:12 PM
diaw doing what he was brought in to do. play defense & be a playmaker.

NRHector
03-24-2012, 10:13 PM
Someone has to get the short end of the stick here and fill the highly talented yet underachieving role. It's not going to be Capn' Jack.

Hell NO!!!!!!! :bang Diaw is way better

TheSkeptic
03-24-2012, 10:19 PM
Perhaps the term "underachiever" shouldn't be used to describe someone who is just doing his job within the system, whose numbers don't reflect his true value, but some fans won't see it that way.

To be fair, I never thought RJ was that bad. He wasn't good or anything but the Spurs system wasn't really suited to his strengths.

I was just using the terms I had assumed were being used in this thread.

Paranoid Pop
03-24-2012, 10:19 PM
No, but someone is going to have to be a scapegoat when things go badly. The biggest targets are players whose numbers and minutes are way below their potential. I think Diaw is the best candidate for this kind of criticism of any Spur at the moment.

You're wrong and this is a terrible thread.

Sense
03-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Diaw is not the scapegoat at all, I've been impressed with these 2 games, his defense and passing is making him stand out, RJ stood out for all the wrong reasons.

Nathan89
03-24-2012, 10:22 PM
no.

I do kinda hate when he drives to the rim and then passes the ball. I mean sometime that's alright but put up a shot/get fouled. Don't just look to pass.

TheSkeptic
03-24-2012, 10:22 PM
The only thing that matters in essence.

On offense though, whenever he passes up a layup someone else usually gets a decent look at a 3 and if we miss we usually get a decent shot at an offensive rebound. We'll make enough of those threes/get enough put backs to overwhelmingly qualify using Diaw instead of Blair.

Start Diaw, bench Blair. No, fuck that, start Tiago, set the tone on defense, bring in Diaw for Tiago then Bonner for Tim. Plenty of defense. Fuck Blair's "confidence", he can go find confidence on another team next year when we trade him for a first-round draft pick.

:hat

Now if only Pop could see it the way the fans do. Every possession counts in the play-offs and as such you have to play your best players. If he can't handle being benched for the good of the team than he needs to go.

MR.SILVER&BLack
03-24-2012, 10:26 PM
The only thing that matters in essence.

On offense though, whenever he passes up a layup someone else usually gets a decent look at a 3 and if we miss we usually get a decent shot at an offensive rebound. We'll make enough of those threes/get enough put backs to overwhelmingly qualify using Diaw instead of Blair.

Start Diaw, bench Blair. No, fuck that, start Tiago, set the tone on defense, bring in Diaw for Tiago then Bonner for Tim. Plenty of defense. Fuck Blair's "confidence", he can go find confidence on another team next year when we trade him for a first-round draft pick.
Diaw prob wont start till the playoffs(same for Jackson) but Blair is a headcase & if pop wants to get the best team effort he wont bench blair. like last year he will lose all confidence & be even worse then he is now. let blair start & play for a good 6 mins then dont let him see any play time till end of 2nd & start of 3rd.

SamoanTD
03-24-2012, 10:28 PM
Can the guy at least get a couple of spurs practices and games under his belt with the team before judgement is passed on this cat?

timmike2
03-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Salary wise, I think not

MR.SILVER&BLack
03-24-2012, 10:34 PM
So in essence, Blair is a cancer. Bench him, don't even play him except for in garbage time. If he bitches, put him on the IL. The faggot thinks his mistakes are fucking funny. Cuntface needs to be given the truth straight up to his face and if he doesn't like it he can get the fuck off my team for good.
im talking about the reg season. i trust pop to insert Diaw in the playoff rotation & send blair to the end of the bench like he did with McDyess last year.

MR.SILVER&BLack
03-24-2012, 10:39 PM
...The fuck? McDyess played the second most minutes at the center position in the first round last year.
Mcdyess took the starting spot last year.

MR.SILVER&BLack
03-24-2012, 10:41 PM
...The fuck? McDyess played the second most minutes at the center position in the first round last year.
think you took what i said the wrong way. i was saying that be will send blair to the end of the bench for diaw like he sent blair to the end of the bench for McDyess last year.

TheSkeptic
03-24-2012, 10:43 PM
Idk. I think it's in the team's best interests to start off strong defensively. I won't believe that Pop is serious about winning the Championship until he starts Splitter and pulls Blair.

Putting Diaw in the line-up would be an upgrade but what we're looking for is defense to start the game.

Calispursfan11
03-24-2012, 10:44 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

And at center, standing tall at 6'6", from Pittsburgh University, number forty-five, ...

More like 6'4"...

T Park
03-24-2012, 10:52 PM
:hat

Now if only Pop could see it the way the fans do. Every possession counts in the play-offs and as such you have to play your best players. If he can't handle being benched for the good of the team than he needs to go.

Yeah if only pop bowed to the whims of people on a message board....

gospursgojas
03-24-2012, 11:02 PM
WTF? lol.

2nd game as a spur ever. Stupid thread.

TheSkeptic
03-24-2012, 11:03 PM
Yeah if only pop bowed to the whims of people on a message board....

Hey, it's not like we're the only ones who agree that Pop needs to start giving his best players the majority of the minutes.

Sean Elliott, Smith, -heck- Marc Gasol have all agreed that the Spurs are getting high end production out of Splitter. Most of the fans agree. The stats agree. Sometime last year I think there was a poster, Acehol1 (or something?) who stated that even RC wanted Tiago getting more minutes but Pop was being stubborn.

For the most part our good wing players are getting about the amount of minutes they should be getting: Parker, Manu, Leonard, SJax, etc. Yet our frontline continues to be a problem because the coach is playing people like Bonner ahead of better players on a regular basis.

Put simply, we don't want to see the team burn out like last time yet it looks like that's exactly where things are headed. Especially when the pieces are all there to do some damage.

Fans have every right to be concerned/offering suggestions when the coach is making decisions that seemingly fly in the face of reason.

anakha
03-24-2012, 11:05 PM
WTF? lol.

2nd game as a spur ever. Stupid thread.

ST posters jumping to conclusions after a limited sample size of games? You don't say!

Slutter McGee
03-24-2012, 11:09 PM
ST posters jumping to conclusions after a limited sample size of games? You don't say!

Blair > Diaw

Or I could just be a brand new poster attempting to troll.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

DMC
03-24-2012, 11:10 PM
4/10

gospursgojas
03-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Is Dawson the new Tim Duncan?

3 for 3 on jumpers last night...

Pop gives him the night off to keep him fresh for playoffs...

HarlemHeat37
03-24-2012, 11:17 PM
Jefferson was expected to be the #4 option on a championship team..

Diaw isn't expected to play even a top 6 or 7 role on this team..

Even if Diaw struggles and contributes nothing(which hasn't been the case, he has looked fine, so far), he still wouldn't be comparable to Jefferson..

Texas_Ranger
03-24-2012, 11:20 PM
I just expect to see him play good defense, don't even care if he scores 2 or 10 points. We have a lot of other offensive weapons.

Aztecfan03
03-24-2012, 11:36 PM

you are making the assumption RJ had value.

gambit1990
03-24-2012, 11:53 PM
what a stupid thread. i vote to lock this.

Kurik
03-24-2012, 11:58 PM
The defense Diaw played on Dirk yesterday was more encouraging than anything RJ ever did for the Spurs.

gambit1990
03-25-2012, 12:06 AM
The defense Diaw played on Dirk yesterday was more encouraging than anything RJ ever did for the Spurs.

/thread.

TheSkeptic
03-25-2012, 12:21 AM
Diaw has played hard-nosed defense both games so far. Don't expect that to change. Blair has played 4th grade girl scout defense his entire career. Don't expect that to change, either.

Yeah, but that was against Dirk (who I would think would be a decent match up for him) and New Orleans.

I don't question his effort but we don't know what he'll do against the Lakers for example. If he keeps it up I'll change my position.

Ice009
03-25-2012, 12:47 AM
[QUOTE=TheSkeptic;5727169]Sometime last year I think there was a poster, Acehol1 (or something?) who stated that even RC wanted Tiago getting more minutes but Pop was being stubborn./QUOTE]

Yes, I do recall this. I'd like to get that quote from that poster again. I think he said RC wanted Splitter to get more court time, but Pop didn't want to do it. I can't remember the reason he said Pop wouldn't do it though.

Rapper
03-25-2012, 12:54 AM
Hell No

tomtom
03-25-2012, 01:07 AM
:td

TDMVPDPOY
03-25-2012, 01:18 AM
lol clowns in here who expect diaw to post up his bobcat or suns stats are delusional,

not ont this team, not in this system

he has a role now, which isnt around padding stats, its the shit he does on the court that helps win games that never appears on statsheet

now if some of you clowns bother watching the game, then looking at the statsheet to base ur assumptions....

Spurs da champs
03-25-2012, 01:19 AM
Damn man RJ is no longer on the damn team, but yet everybody posts thread about him nonstop, hop off his sack!

TheSkeptic
03-25-2012, 01:30 AM
Yes, I do recall this. I'd like to get that quote from that poster again. I think he said RC wanted Splitter to get more court time, but Pop didn't want to do it. I can't remember the reason he said Pop wouldn't do it though.

AceProfits is the name. :lol

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175832&highlight=wanted+scola

This seems to be the thread I'm recalling...I'm not seeing a precise reason though.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177839

Someone else mentions the same rumor.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5102323#post5102323

Passing mention of attempting to justify Bonner's contract? I must apologize for the links because I haven't figured out to link to specific replies but none of these threads are that long.

BadOne
03-25-2012, 01:37 AM
RJ couldn't cover Dirk as well as Diaw did in his own fantasies. I won't crown Diaw our defensive answer to Dirk , but for God's sake he gave some effort. [I]And man did it work. I also gotta agree wit HarlemHeat37:

Jefferson was expected to be the #4 option on a championship team..

Diaw isn't expected to play even a top 6 or 7 role on this team..

Even more, I gotta agree wit "Spurs da champs":

Damn man RJ is no longer on the damn team, but yet everybody posts thread about him nonstop, hop off his sack!

GO SPURS GO!

TheSkeptic
03-25-2012, 01:41 AM
^^ Fair play. I just need to see more than 2 games before I come to a conclusion. Simply because I've been watching Tiago longer this season, I'd prefer him in the starting line-up because I've seen what he can do defensively.

Give it another few games and I might say the same about Diaw although I'd already start him over Blair. RJ was never going to be more than a solid defender even at his best. Never mind guarding Dirk.

crc21209
03-25-2012, 01:47 AM
:lol At this thread. Really? After 2 games? :lol

G-Dawgg
03-25-2012, 02:10 AM
Oh f*ck....if you guys hate RJ and Bonner, wait until Diaw starts passing up shots in the playoffs.........lmao

You wanted him....you got him......

HazeGray
03-25-2012, 02:22 AM
if he gets a big contract and lacks aggresiveness.

Beanzamillion21
03-25-2012, 02:32 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

And at center, standing tall at 6'6", from Pittsburgh University, number forty-five, ...

Screw you hater, Blair had a great game tonight.

Bambililos
03-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Diaw plays again in a team that wants a championship, he plays with his best friend TP and former teammate Jack, he plays for a contract and to showcase himself and to get in shape for the Olympic Games. He's got plenty of motivation, he won't be another RJ.

Russ
03-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Diaw may have a breakout game tonight.

(Especially if both Splitter and Duncan are out.)

ginobilized
03-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Diaw is getting several million dollars less that RJ. No way he's another RJ.
RJ would've been alright for what Diaw is likely getting.

moisaenz
03-25-2012, 05:00 PM
He should start to take shots he is suppose to be taking, I know he wants to fit in but we need his offense.

TE
03-25-2012, 05:37 PM
He should start to take shots he is suppose to be taking, I know he wants to fit in but we need his offense.

That's not his game.

DMC
06-15-2014, 06:10 PM
lol gnsf shitty takes per par