PDA

View Full Version : Corey Joseph's 1st Triple Double

Twisted_Dawg
03-25-2012, 12:05 AM
http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20120323/MNEAUS/gameinfo.html#nbaGIboxscore

Dude is tearing it up. Pulls down 17 Rebs.

chazley
03-25-2012, 12:25 AM
I'm one of the select few people who believe in this kid. Doesn't surprise me.

Spurs151
03-25-2012, 12:28 AM
I'm one of the select few people who believe in this kid. Doesn't surprise me.

I believe in this kid to

freetiago
03-25-2012, 12:53 AM
I think jeremy lin was averaging a triple double and hes not very good

Ditty
03-25-2012, 01:01 AM
It would be beyond idiotic to give up on a kid who hasn't played in a summer league, or training camp, and is not even able to buy alcohol.

DMC
03-25-2012, 01:04 AM
Give up on him? No. We sent Danny Green away for awhile and now he's back. Joseph might be a good player, but I don't think the D league polishes players to be NBA level players. Only the NBA does that. It's happened, but not often.

TDMVPDPOY
03-25-2012, 01:18 AM
dude is a draft bust, what was stopping him crashing the boards in the nba?

DMC
03-25-2012, 01:27 AM
Other NBA players.

lefty
03-25-2012, 03:37 AM

Bonner

benfti
03-25-2012, 03:40 AM
Mills played a game of D-League coming off injury before he made his Nba debut and got 38 and 12 (assists)

I think CJ has been upgraded. But I still say we keep developing him.

Robz4000
03-25-2012, 04:08 AM
CJ has talent and potential, but isn't close to being NBA ready. Let him play out the season in Austin and put him through Summer league/training camp and see how he looks.

ChumpDumper
03-25-2012, 04:47 AM
I think jeremy lin was averaging a triple double and hes not very goodWhen you play one game and get a triple double, you average a triple double.

ChumpDumper
03-25-2012, 04:48 AM
U guys just dont get it...what part of B-U-S-T you guys dont understand? D-league is nothing like the NBA.... its like highschool. Triples doubles and crazy stat lines happen in the NBDL all the time. Keep in he got a triple double against one of the worst teams in the NBDL.You're a little psycho about this.

I don't think you've sniffed enough boxscores to make a judgment.

mosdef17
03-25-2012, 04:54 AM
For what it's worth, Patty Mills D-League averages in 5 games last season:

MIN: 35.2
PPG: 25.6
RPG: 1.8
APG: 5.4
SPG: 1.6
FG%: 43.8%
3PT%: 50% (21/42 in 5 games!)
FT%: 85.2%

TheSkeptic
03-25-2012, 05:01 AM
to be honest i'm not sold on him either.

You again?

Based on what? Those numbers look pretty solid to me.

ChumpDumper
03-25-2012, 05:04 AM
Wanna bet?OK, how many boxscores have you sniffed?

TheSkeptic
03-25-2012, 05:09 AM
Come on bro (and yea its me again dammit) do u really hold players to a high standard coming from or playing in the D-league? Have you ever been to a D-league game?

If not save your money cause you are not missing anything.... ball hog after ball hog...

I'm a woman.

I've seen a couple of them and I would agree that a lot of those guards are ball hogs but Patty wasn't too bad when he played for the Blazers either.

ChumpDumper
03-25-2012, 05:14 AM
Whats your question?If you can't tell what the question was when you just quoted it, you need to give up on the internets.

TheSkeptic
03-25-2012, 05:16 AM
I got respect for the ladies... My name is Tex..lol I see what your saying tho.

And I have respect for old school fans. :)

Really? Tex is a nice name.

It's nice to meet you. :toast

Edit: Sorry. Really stupid question.

Biggems
03-25-2012, 09:43 AM
a fan since Willie Anderson and you are calling that old school?......I have been a fan since I was a fetus, back in the ABA days. I sat behind the pole at Hemisphere.....I was too small to remember the Bruise Bros.....but I do remember Ice, Mitch, A-Train, Moore, Paxson, and Paultz.....I remember the lean years when all we really had was A-Rob, The Weasel (Bob Weiss), and a bunch of nothing....then I remember drafting D-Rob, Willie, Sean, trading for TC, and getting that POS no look passing Strickland.

BTW, in 85, when we drafted our biggest bust in franchise history, Alfrederick Hughes, we could have drafted Joe Dumars. Had we done so, we don't waste a pick on Dawkins, who never really played for us because of injury. Also, we have a great one-two punch with Dumars and A-Rob.....but then again, we probably don't end up with D-Rob and Sean......So I am glad it worked out the way it did. Plus, Dumars went to Detroit and gave the Celtics, Lakers, and Bulls all kinds of hell, so that makes me happy. The Bad Boys were my second favorite team cause of Zeke, Dumars, Laimbeer, Rodman, and Daly.

TJastal
03-25-2012, 09:51 AM
good lord how 'effing terrible is this league???? No wonder cumdumpster loves it.

pgardn
03-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Dont think Pop is that interested in D-league stats.

Especially a PG that is supposed to be bringing the ball up and running a team getting 17 rebounds.

That said he is still very young and has athletic ability. We must wait. Or maybe he catches on with another team, it has happened to other guys we have had in D-league. Strange Pop does not mind seeing success from players he likes who he could not use. He does have some heart. Joseph seems like a good kid. And its pretty clear the other Spurs wanted to see him do well and liked him.

ChumpDumper
03-25-2012, 11:06 AM
good lord how 'effing terrible is this league???? No wonder cumdumpster loves it.lol You don't even watch Spurs games.

dbestpro
03-25-2012, 11:24 AM
To get that many rebounds someone must have told him to quit hunching over and pretending he's 5-5.

ChumpDumper
03-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Better yet you need to stop posting here.

Who sniffs box scores thats nasty!If you are too stupid to know what an expression is....

my2sons
03-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Wow!!! ALL THE WAY BACK TO WILLIE ANDERSON AND SEAN ... I bet They didnt have flat screens back then did they??? OMG...Some of us only go back as far as James Silas, Goo Kennedy and the original voice of the Spurs Terry Stembridge.... I bet you've even seen pics of the old Hemisphair Arena

Beaverfuzz
03-25-2012, 03:03 PM
If CJ wants to make it in the NBA, he either steps his game up as a PG or sticks with being a shooting guard.

BackHome
03-25-2012, 03:28 PM
He is going to get a little better in the D-Leauge but I don't see that making him NBA ready. To me he is like a European pick in that he needs to get A LOT better and I think we should allow him to go overseas and maybe Tony can get him on his team?

admiralfats
03-25-2012, 05:28 PM
i've always thought we may have drafted joseph where we did thinking if he had come out when he should've he would've been a lottery pick, and since we never draft in the lottery it was a chance to get a lottery PG for the future. And since i trust the FO and its track record, I think it is worth giving Joseph some time to actually fill out with his potential. So keep it up, CJ and let's hope he becomes a player for us.

dbestpro
03-25-2012, 05:35 PM
My wayback machine.........Before I became a fan of the Spurs I use to cheer for a team called the Cincinnati Royals until they moved and became the Kansas City/Omaha Kings.

pgardn
03-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Wow!!! ALL THE WAY BACK TO WILLIE ANDERSON AND SEAN ... I bet They didnt have flat screens back then did they??? OMG...Some of us only go back as far as James Silas, Goo Kennedy and the original voice of the Spurs Terry Stembridge.... I bet you've even seen pics of the old Hemisphair Arena

Stembridge was great. On away games I can remember him describing the Cow Palace, jersey colors, etc. on the radio. Goo Kennedy... he could rebound. I will never forget Darnell Hillman's (Indiana) fro... Huge. And God some of those guys could just flat out dunk. I remember George Karl almost getting killed when George McGinnis ran over him. I remember Larry Kenon literally grab a ball with one hand before it dropped out of bounds. Palmed a ball from the top right before it hit the ground... never forget that right in front of my face.

That arena got so loud my ears almost bled. After they raised the roof, it was still loud. That was a great time. Getting tickets in the cheap seats and trying to move down. ABA days not so loud, but getting close enough to hear all the swearing go on was great.

my2sons
03-25-2012, 06:04 PM
My wayback machine.........Before I became a fan of the Spurs I use to cheer for a team called the Cincinnati Royals until they moved and became the Kansas City/Omaha Kings.
Love that poster!!!

my2sons
03-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Stembridge was great. On away games I can remember him describing the Cow Palace, jersey colors, etc. on the radio. Goo Kennedy... he could rebound. I will never forget Darnell Hillman's (Indiana) fro... Huge. And God some of those guys could just flat out dunk. I remember George Karl almost getting killed when George McGinnis ran over him. I remember Larry Kenon literally grab a ball with one hand before it dropped out of bounds. Palmed a ball from the top right before it hit the ground... never forget that right in front of my face.

That arena got so loud my ears almost bled. After they raised the roof, it was still loud. That was a great time. Getting tickets in the cheap seats and trying to move down. ABA days not so loud, but getting close enough to hear all the swearing go on was great.

That may be why I am a fan of kawhi...Kennon had some monster mitts...The Arena is still my favorite venue...It was so very loud...moving down was an art form, the ushers were kool...not only the player swearing, but the crowd intimidating opposing players...Semi pro movie although exaggerated wasn't really that far off....great times...

pgardn
03-25-2012, 06:13 PM

All I remember about that team was Cotton Fitz somehow making them halfway decent. Kansas City meant Cotton to me.

pgardn
03-25-2012, 06:15 PM
That may be why I am a fan of kawhi...Kennon had some monster mitts...The Arena is still my favorite venue...It was so very loud...moving down was an art form, the ushers were kool...not only the player swearing, but the crowd intimidating opposing players...Semi pro movie although exaggerated wasn't really that far off....great times...

I remember people chucking stuff at the Pacers during a playoff I believe. It was wild.

my2sons
03-25-2012, 06:34 PM
Being fans back then was so different. Players hung out with fans, it was personal. Even the anger was different, it was directed at the enemy, not so much at players on our team. Now the hatred for players like bonner, jefferson etc, floors me. Even in the lean years we were always fans of our team...Ed nealy hitting the game winner was exciting and nobody hated him...the closest thing back then was the hatred for cotton ball, and that was more cuz he moved ice....the trophy's have spoiled folks, I guess

pgardn
03-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Being fans back then was so different. Players hung out with fans, it was personal. Even the anger was different, it was directed at the enemy, not so much at players on our team. Now the hatred for players like bonner, jefferson etc, floors me. Even in the lean years we were always fans of our team...Ed nealy hitting the game winner was exciting and nobody hated him...the closest thing back then was the hatred for cotton ball, and that was more cuz he moved ice....the trophy's have spoiled folks, I guess

When we lost to the Bullets after being up 3-1 in the playoffs...
We learned humility. Damned Elvin Hayes killing us and that blocking foul called on Billy Paultz while setting a screen.

Small salaries and smaller egos.

Obstructed_View
03-25-2012, 06:49 PM

Nope, fans haven't changed. There were no message boards. People are as critical of the teams they root for then as now, they just couldn't resort to hyperbole in printed form a dozen times a day.

my2sons
03-25-2012, 06:59 PM
maybe I drowned my sorrow with nickel beer, and I was always happy

my2sons
03-25-2012, 07:01 PM
When we lost to the Bullets after being up 3-1 in the playoffs...
We learned humility. Damned Elvin Hayes killing us and that blocking foul called on Billy Paultz while setting a screen.

Small salaries and smaller egos.

Was a teenager then, that is the only series that literally brought me to tears, that was a great spurs team.. GREAT spurs team

TheSkeptic
03-25-2012, 07:04 PM
maybe I drowned my sorrow with nickel beer, and I was always happy

Ok, this line was poetic.

For the record I don't know that anyone hated Bonner or Jefferson in the sense of wanting them to fail. Most people just want the team to perform the best it can.

So, was it any different watching games live back in the day?

pgardn
03-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Was a teenager then, that is the only series that literally brought me to tears, that was a great spurs team.. GREAT spurs team

I guess we were young so we got disappointed for a day or so. Now you want the Spurs to win of course. But its not as acidic.

Young fans liked the entire team because they dont know any better. You have your favorites but I never disliked any of the players primarily because we just did not take it as seriously. And because we were not nearly as sophisticated as real fans today. Damn peons with the gray letters we are.

my2sons
03-25-2012, 07:13 PM

For the record I don't know that anyone hated Bonner or Jefferson in the sense of wanting them to fail. Most people just want the team to perform the best it can.

It was much louder...different game, different era

pgardn
03-25-2012, 07:22 PM

It was loud and one had leg room. ATT today is a sardine can and the food and libations are so overpriced I get sick to the stomach so I dont have to eat or drink.

Read the posts about Jefferson being gay. If one does not like a player you can find something else to hate him for. Its quite strange. Part of it is also probably the amount of money a player can make without appearing to care much. So naturally players that get visibly upset with performances care more. Duncan is about the only guy that can get away with this. When he was younger and did not change expressions people questioned the Spurs and if he cared. It was clear that when the Spurs won in 99 you could win with big guys that actually had some self control. We were considered soft with Robinson. Memories are selective.

my2sons
03-25-2012, 07:33 PM
not that all the negativitiy is completely bad, the photoshops of nash still bring me to tears of laughter....but ya, may be it was the innoncense of being young and naive. I think affordability makes a huge difference in fandom

pgardn
03-25-2012, 07:39 PM
not that all the negativitiy is completely bad, the photoshops of nash still bring me to tears of laughter....but ya, may be it was the innoncense of being young and naive. I think affordability makes a huge difference in fandom

Oh the gifs and little framed snapshots of D. Wade and Lebron rubbing on each other? are indeed hilarious. One was sucking the others thumb or something. I gotta find that again.

TheSkeptic
03-25-2012, 07:50 PM
It was loud and one had leg room. ATT today is a sardine can and the food and libations are so overpriced I get sick to the stomach so I dont have to eat or drink.

Read the posts about Jefferson being gay. If one does not like a player you can find something else to hate him for. Its quite strange. Part of it is also probably the amount of money a player can make without appearing to care much. So naturally players that get visibly upset with performances care more. Duncan is about the only guy that can get away with this. When he was younger and did not change expressions people questioned the Spurs and if he cared. It was clear that when the Spurs won in 99 you could win with big guys that actually had some self control. We were considered soft with Robinson. Memories are selective.

Oh right. Yeah that was pretty bad. I can filter stuff as I read so I might not have noticed it as much as I would have otherwise. I still maintain that Jefferson wasn't a bad player he just wasn't a very good fit for San Antonio's system.

Once an idea like that takes hold though it seems like everyone starts to agree and then piles on. I've actually seen fans make stuff up based on subjective things like facial expressions or demeanour and then start believing it to the point of running players out of town. So honestly I get where you guys are coming from and I hope that doesn't happen here.

Of course. If we could remember the good and the bad in equal measures, I think most people would have a hard time reconciling themselves to their mistakes as they grow older.

TheSkeptic
03-25-2012, 08:01 PM
]not that all the negativitiy is completely bad, the photoshops of nash still bring me to tears of laughter[/B]....but ya, may be it was the innoncense of being young and naive. I think affordability makes a huge difference in fandom

Ha ha.

Actually that's so true. The Raptors are my other team and one time we had an unpopular coach that we all wanted to get rid of. It was to the point where you couldn't open the Realgm board without someone talking about firing Sam Mitchell. One of the beat writers even mentioned how the team would be better off if he broke into Pop's office and stole his playbook and his system.

So to release some pressure, the fans took a clipboard and did a series of photoshops of Mitchell's plays. We were bitter but that thread was really therapeutic until the good news came out. :lol

Oh fair enough. I didn't want to go off-topic.

Do you think growing up is significantly different now or are the differences more superficial in your opinion?

Spurtacus
03-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Good for Cory. Still a long ways off from being a NBA point guard. But improving is improving.

Cry Havoc
03-25-2012, 08:44 PM
This thread is incomprehensibly bad.

Cry Havoc
03-25-2012, 09:04 PM
I got respect for the ladies... My name is Tex

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/4db77_ORIG-look_at_all_the_fucks_i_give.jpg

:lmao :lmao :lmao

GrandeDavid
03-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Too bad he can't go back to college for at least two more years