03-25-2012, 08:44 PM
The improvement of Westbrook & Ibaka and more consistency from Harden

If you rank the Top 5 players in the matchup
1a)James
1b)Durant
3)Westbrook
4)Wade
5)Harden

I personally stated in the past that only the Heat can beat the Heat (mental issues) but I think the Thunder are just better. Unless Westbrook vs Durant drama heats up, is anyone can beat these guys over 7 games?

lefty
03-25-2012, 08:45 PM
They are deep

Spursfan092120
03-25-2012, 09:25 PM
They aren't the only ones. Several teams are more talented than the Heat, top to bottom.

NewcastleKEG
03-25-2012, 09:34 PM
They aren't the only ones. Several teams are more talented than the Heat, top to bottom.
It really depends where you put Wade. I put Westbrook above him and I would honestly put Deng almost on par at this point of his career.

But if you buy into the Wade is a TOP5 player then the Heat still beat out Chicago. That is the only other team in the discussion and I still put the Heat at another level in terms of talent/athleticism.

Mal
03-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Westbrook sucks. OKC will regret franchising him

NewcastleKEG
03-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Westbrook sucks. OKC will regret franchising him
I've changed my opinion this season.

100%duncan
03-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Heat>Bulls

DMC
03-25-2012, 10:19 PM
On any given night, either of these guys can beat the other. They are all about the same. We will see how they handle a series though.

Mal
03-25-2012, 10:22 PM
i've changed my opinion this season.

4/16

NewcastleKEG
03-25-2012, 10:24 PM
On any given night, either of these guys can beat the other. They are all about the same. We will see how they handle a series though.
Not quite

Westbrook & Harden are still players on the rise. Durant, James & Bosh can't get much better & Wade is already declining

It's the fact the Thunder have depth in the post that should scare Miami. Because not only are the Thunder guards/forwards better (Durant, Westbrook, Harden vs James, Wade & Mario) but Perkins & Ibaka are just as good as Bosh & Anthony. X factors are Battier & Collison

NewcastleKEG
03-25-2012, 10:26 PM
4/16
- More PPG
- Less TOV per game
- Higher Shooting %

This season

100%duncan
03-25-2012, 10:30 PM
:lol at kissing Chuckbrooks stat ass

Hoops Czar
03-25-2012, 10:56 PM
The thunder will have a more difficult time getting to the finals than actually winning the finals if they get there. The Heat still have to beat a very good Chicago Bulls team and its not given they will.

TIMMYtoZO
03-25-2012, 11:31 PM
:lol Good luck beating this Heat 4 times this year. Again, :lol@ a team with Boozer/Korver capable of eliminating Miami in a 7 game series.

jjktkk
03-26-2012, 01:57 AM
I was shocked that HH's favorite player got his shit pushed in by KD. Maybe LeHype needs to get acne. :lol

Goran Dragic
03-26-2012, 02:34 AM
The improvement of Westbrook & Ibaka and more consistency from Harden

If you rank the Top 5 players in the matchup
1a)James
1b)Durant
3)Westbrook
4)Wade
5)Harden

I personally stated in the past that only the Heat can beat the Heat (mental issues) but I think the Thunder are just better. Unless Westbrook vs Durant drama heats up, is anyone can beat these guys over 7 games?

Harden > Bosh....? :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
Westbrook > Wade.....? :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

100%duncan
03-26-2012, 02:57 AM

Would take Harden any day over Bosh.
But. :lmao :rolling @ Westbrook>Wade

Goran Dragic
03-26-2012, 04:06 AM
Would take Harden any day over Bosh.

You won't find someone who's criticized Bosh more than I have, but that's ridiculous. James Harden was unknown by most people prior to this year when people discovered that among Harden, Westbrook and Durant, Harden was the one who didn't have a chimp brain. Chris Bosh still puts up 18 and 8 having to play almost entirely off Wade and Bron (while Harden puts up a lot of points as the 6th man when Westbrook and Durant are off the court). Bosh also being 6'11" gives him more of an edge, I don't think it's close between the two.

rayjayjohnson
03-26-2012, 04:19 AM
:lol lauding westbrick

100%duncan
03-26-2012, 07:59 AM
You won't find someone who's criticized Bosh more than I have, but that's ridiculous. James Harden was unknown by most people prior to this year when people discovered that among Harden, Westbrook and Durant, Harden was the one who didn't have a chimp brain. Chris Bosh still puts up 18 and 8 having to play almost entirely off Wade and Bron (while Harden puts up a lot of points as the 6th man when Westbrook and Durant are off the court). Bosh also being 6'11" gives him more of an edge, I don't think it's close between the two.

-Harden was shining last year in the playoffs, in fact he was the only reason OKC challenged the Mavs in crunch time.
-You just complimented Harden on the second bolded sentence.
- Since you are the first one to state the comparisons, it's unfair that you include size in the pro's and con's because they don't play the same position. All we can argue about is who is more efficient and who is more helpful to the team and I think Harden wins that. Hell, if Scott Brooks will just let Harden hold the ball in crunch time, whether he shoots it or pass to an open player(which is most likely he'll do, because he has high IQ), then the West is Fucked.

Latarian Milton
03-26-2012, 07:59 AM
still too early to say OKC will come out of the west this year tbh niggas definitely have a chance but they're facing serious challenges from teams who're more experienced & consistent

Goran Dragic
03-26-2012, 08:56 AM
-Harden was shining last year in the playoffs, in fact he was the only reason OKC challenged the Mavs in crunch time.
Bosh averaged 18.6 points, 8.5 boards, and 1.1 assists in the playoffs last year. Harden averaged 13.0 points, 3.6 boards, and 5.4 assists. Not sure how last year's playoffs are proof that Harden > Bosh when Bosh put up better numbers on a team that went further.

-You just complimented Harden on the second bolded sentence.
I know. I'm saying the fact the other two members of OKC's "big 3" if you will have the bball IQ of an ape, so it makes Harden stand out that much more when he's the only one of the three making plays in crunch time. I'm not denying the fact Harden is OKC's best ball handler/decision maker in crunch time or the fact he's a smart player. He is, but he hasn't been consistently putting good numbers up consistently for years the way Bosh has as both the Raptors' best player and Heat's 3rd best player.

- Since you are the first one to state the comparisons, it's unfair that you include size in the pro's and con's because they don't play the same position. All we can argue about is who is more efficient and who is more helpful to the team and I think Harden wins that.
Given how much more Bosh does in the rebounding department, I'd say height is an extremely important factor when comparing the two. Bosh's height enables him to do things Harden can't, which is a big reason why I'd take him. a 6'11" guy capable of 20 10 every night who finds ways to get 18 and 8 as the 3rd wheel is a lot harder to come by than a 6'5" SG who's a good scorer, a decent creator off the dribble, and not much else.

Chris Bosh carried a team with TJ Ford and Anthony Parker as the 2nd and 3rd leading scorer to 47 wins. I don't see James Harden ever being capable of doing that. Like I said, I'm a fan of Harden, but you're comparing a 3rd year player having a semi-breakout year to a guy who's been considered one of the top players at his position for years with multiple all star births. Harden is an easy player to like and Bosh is an easy player to hate, but Bosh is still better. He's become underrated because of how much criticism he took last year.

Hell, if Scott Brooks will just let Harden hold the ball in crunch time, whether he shoots it or pass to an open player(which is most likely he'll do, because he has high IQ), then the West is Fucked.
But he doesn't because it's still more or less Durant and Westbrook's team, just like the Heat are still Lebron and Wade's team. Bosh has settled into a role where he's a productive scorer without getting tons of plays run through him. I don't see Harden as good when he has to play off Westbrook/Durant.

Rummpd
03-26-2012, 10:19 AM
Problem for the Thunder is that the Spurs own them and have toyed with them in 2 games this year despite missing stars. If they meet in the playoffs the methodical and deeper Spurs will take them out as Parker will make Westbrooke his b*&^ again and now with Leonard, Jackson and others Durant and Mr. Beard will not be able to sustain enough to win a series.

ChrisRichards
03-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Agree, Thunder is deep. Like Lexington Steele balls deep.

ChrisRichards
03-26-2012, 10:35 AM
But Miami has the best closer (Wade). As long as Wade and Bron are healthy, I like Miami's chances.

Giuseppe
03-26-2012, 10:52 AM
As long as Wade and Bron are healthy

You too?

:rolleyes

Bill_Brasky
03-26-2012, 12:19 PM

:lmao having a PG avg 5.4 apg and thinking he's one of the best

mavsfan1000
03-26-2012, 12:27 PM
I hate both teams but Miami is definitely more talented.