PDA

View Full Version : One great thing about bonner

freetiago
03-26-2012, 02:37 AM
I know how mad spurs fans are that this guy gets to play even when he helps us win
but you dont know how mad other teams fans get when bonner shits on them

some quotes from 76ers forum today

"When Matt Boner is killing us you know it's gonna be a loss."

"Matt Bonner blowing by Hawes. Thats flat out sad..."

fanofthe76 wrote:Sorely missing Iggy man....

"Lol he wouldn't be guarding boner"

"No one can guard the Red Rocket! LOL"

"That shot by Boner looked like it was going down."

"Matt Boner is rock hard solid tonight"

"Imagine a team of Matt Boner, Rudy Gay, Ramon Sessions, Kevin Love, and Luther Head"

TDMVPDPOY
03-26-2012, 02:52 AM
thank you for posting shit from realgm 76s team section thread game against the sperms

whats ur username bitch?

100%duncan
03-26-2012, 02:55 AM
I don't fucking care if those *^@#% praising Matty B.

dunkman
03-26-2012, 11:10 AM
There is a trade potential there . . .

Obstructed_View
03-26-2012, 11:21 AM
Name one person who's not happy when he helps the team win. You should at least be able to name people who are annoyed when he gets minutes or even a start when both Duncan and Splitter are out.

Blake
03-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Another great thing about Bonner is that he spreads the floor

Borosai
03-26-2012, 11:42 AM
There aren't enough bytes in the Internets to describe the great things about Bonner.

T Park
03-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Bonner's D last was shockingly good. His defense while still atrocious, is better this year.
Still, 10 mins, Max, should be his mins in the. Playoffs, the rest going to splitter Duncan Diaw.

Dex
03-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Bonner, honestly.....has been playing pretty well lately.

Excuse me while I go wash my mouth out with soap.

Still, I'm onto his tricks. Rope you in with a decent regular season, give you the comfort that maybe, just maybe he's starting to get it....then fail terribly once the second season starts.

I'll gladly take the goods during the regular season if its helping us win ballgames, but I refuse to let that guy fool me again. Once the playoffs come, I'll still be expecting epic disaster, and Bonner can just try to prove me (and most of the haters / realists) wrong.

Obstructed_View
03-26-2012, 12:26 PM
I love that Bonner has gotten at least three or four blocks in the last week where he just throws his hands straight up in the air at the exact wrong time for the shooter he's guarding. A couple of those Bonner didn't even know the ball was near him, he was looking around for a whistle.

T Park
03-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Lol @ dex "I'm onto him"

Bill_Brasky
03-26-2012, 12:32 PM
In all honesty Bonner has his most value during the regular season when we're forced to sit our important bigs. Helps us compile a few W's when we're not at full force.

Just needs to sit in the playoffs and watch the best players perform.

TJastal
03-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Bonner, honestly.....has been playing pretty well lately.

Excuse me while I go wash my mouth out with soap.

Still, I'm onto his tricks. Rope you in with a decent regular season, give you the comfort that maybe, just maybe he's starting to get it....then fail terribly once the second season starts.

I'll gladly take the goods during the regular season if its helping us win ballgames, but I refuse to let that guy fool me again. Once the playoffs come, I'll still be expecting epic disaster, and Bonner can just try to prove me (and most of the haters / realists) wrong.

I think Bonner could be effective this year (in the playoffs) because of all the new weapons in the 2nd unit (a more experienced Neal, Manu, Splitter, Jack) but the big key here is Pop keeps Manu in the 2nd unit. Manu is the key IMO because teams will be so busy trying to stop the Manu/Splitter P&R combo they will frequently be unable to close out on the shooters like Bonner out by his lonesome on the perimeter. And I'm very confident that if teams try to clog the paint Manu will find those open shooters out on the perimeter (much moreso than Bonner actually hitting those wide open shots however).
Bonner should (in theory) get better looks in this year's playoffs. So all he'll have to do is knock in wide open 3's as opposed to previous years when he was very closely guarded.

T Park
03-26-2012, 12:36 PM
The starting five for the playoffs should be

Leonard
Diaw
Duncan
Jackson
Parker.

Leave many on the bench. Play matchups.

Damn good team defensively and offensively and lose nothing when the bench comes in.

The ADMIRAL 50
03-26-2012, 12:42 PM
I love that Bonner has gotten at least three or four blocks in the last week where he just throws his hands straight up in the air at the exact wrong time for the shooter he's guarding. A couple of those Bonner didn't even know the ball was near him, he was looking around for a whistle.

:lol

he has a pretty regimented post-block reaction at this point:
1) Act confused that it seems as though he might have gotten a block
2) Follow that with an entirely clueless and bewildered attempt to locate the ball
3) Display pleasantly surprised but entirely tempered satisfaction upon heading back up the floor

Proxy
03-26-2012, 12:44 PM
The starting five for the playoffs should be

Leonard
Diaw
Duncan
Jackson
Parker.

Leave many on the bench. Play matchups.

Damn good team defensively and offensively and lose nothing when the bench comes in.

That's what I was thinking too.... but do you see Pop starting two SFs?

TJastal
03-26-2012, 12:56 PM
That's what I was thinking too.... but do you see Pop starting two SFs?

Chemistry is rolling good with Green and Leonard in the starting lineup, I have no idea why ppl keep wanting to change it.

It's like people just have to see Manu and Jack in the starting lineup or they get all butthurt about it.

Obstructed_View
03-26-2012, 01:33 PM

he has a pretty regimented post-block reaction at this point:
1) Act confused that it seems as though he might have gotten a block
2) Follow that with an entirely clueless and bewildered attempt to locate the ball
3) Display pleasantly surprised but entirely tempered satisfaction upon heading back up the floor

LMAO. That's perfectly summed up.

Sean Cagney
03-26-2012, 01:35 PM
There aren't enough bytes in the Internets to describe the great things about Bonner.

The sad thing is a blank page could describe the great things Matt Bonner does.

Blake
03-26-2012, 01:42 PM

Bonner spreads the internets.

Spurs9
03-26-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm willing to trade Bonner for Igoudala

MR.SILVER&BLack
03-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Chemistry is rolling good with Green and Leonard in the starting lineup, I have no idea why ppl keep wanting to change it.

It's like people just have to see Manu and Jack in the starting lineup or they get all butthurt about it.
doubt pop starts Leanord. Most likely see Jackson starting at the 3.

tmtcsc
03-26-2012, 01:58 PM
Matt Bonner plays to the best of his abilities. That's all you can ask of someone.

You can't blame him for the amount of minutes he plays. That's Pop's call. In a perfect world, he'd come off the bench for about 12-15 minutes a game.

Obstructed_View
03-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Matt Bonner plays to the best of his abilities. That's all you can ask of someone.

You can't blame him for the amount of minutes he plays. That's Pop's call. In a perfect world, he'd come off the bench for about 12-15 minutes a game.

Well put.

cantthinkofanything
03-26-2012, 02:33 PM

That's your perfect world???? smh

will_spurs
03-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Bonner spreads the internets.

:lmao

freetiago
03-26-2012, 02:37 PM
matt bonner is a good 4th big, even third depending on the matchups and if he plays well
if he plays well duncan or splitter could also get rest
he also plays hard all the time
one of the hardest workers in the nba even if he isnt the most talented
blairs the exact opposite

i dont mind bonner if hes not stealing minutes that splitter should be getting or closing out games

Obstructed_View
03-26-2012, 02:47 PM
That's your perfect world???? smh

With Bonner's shooting percentage? Absolutely for me. Bonner just in long enough to hit three or four three pointers and not allow the other team's post players to beat him up would result in the highest +/- per minute in the history of the league.

therealtruth
03-26-2012, 05:11 PM

You can't have two inexperienced guys starting when the playoffs start. Manu eventually has to start. He has the unique ability to really change the game from the tip. There was a game earlier where he had like a 10-0 run at the start of the game. I also like Kawhi starting because it allows him to fill that Bowen role.

DAF86
03-26-2012, 05:12 PM
The greatest thing about Bonner is that he's due a good playoffs run.

T Park
03-26-2012, 05:20 PM

Agreed 1000%

ElNono
03-26-2012, 05:29 PM
In a perfect world he would be playing somewhere else...

TheSkeptic
03-26-2012, 05:34 PM

From your lips to Holt's ears ElNono.

I have to say though, if Bonner could play like this in the playoffs and Pop wouldn't be so prone to overusing him I'd be cool with him staying on the roster.

therealtruth
03-26-2012, 06:00 PM
The greatest thing about Bonner is that he's due a good playoffs run.

It doesn't work like that. The reason Bonner struggles is because of playoff defense.

vander
03-26-2012, 07:12 PM

in a perfect world Manu could stay healthy.

and Manu fans wouldn't have infected ST pretending to be Spurs fans

Obstructed_View
03-26-2012, 07:27 PM
It doesn't work like that. The reason Bonner struggles is because of playoff defense.

To some extent, it's also been the Spurs' offense since he became a part of the rotation. They spent way too much time trying to gameplan for threes instead of trying to break down defenses, which results in no open three pointers. This year's team seems to be returning to form of trying to score inside and punishing defenses for doubling or cheating. If Bonner's going to have a decent postseason before it's all over, this could be the year.

100%duncan
03-26-2012, 10:25 PM
What I like about Bonner is his improved D. We all know those 3's won't fall come playoffs, so might as well get some quality D from him.

ElNono
03-26-2012, 11:36 PM
in a perfect world Manu could stay healthy.

Sure

and Manu fans wouldn't have infected ST pretending to be Spurs fans

and maybe Lakers fans should hang out in Lakersground...

Borosai
03-26-2012, 11:52 PM
Bonner's dribble penetration deserves some praise. First, it works: he gets into the paint easily with his awkwardly quick dribble. Second, he rarely turns it over. He'll take a shot, such as his mesmerizing sky hook, or he'll pass it while the stunned defenders are unsure of what they are witnessing.

Yeah, it ain't pretty, but his +/- is.

100%duncan
03-26-2012, 11:56 PM
Bonner's dribble penetration deserves some praise. First, it works: he gets into the paint easily with his awkwardly quick dribble. Second, he rarely turns it over. He'll take a shot, such as his mesmerizing sky hook, or he'll pass it while the stunned defenders are unsure of what they are witnessing.

+1, tbh

ElNono
03-27-2012, 12:14 AM

playoffs, playoffs, playoffs...

Borosai
03-27-2012, 01:53 AM
I can't wait!

BoricuaSpursFan
03-27-2012, 01:59 AM
Matty is still shit to me until he can make at least 2 consecutives threes in the playoffs. Everybody knows Ginger doesn't show up in the postseason.

therealtruth
03-27-2012, 02:39 AM
Matty is still shit to me until he can make at least 2 consecutives threes in the playoffs. Everybody knows Ginger doesn't show up in the postseason.

He did in game 1 against the Grizzlies.

eric365
03-27-2012, 03:45 AM
Bonner is better every year in the playoff for the last 3 years.

He started at a very low standart in 2009 but at this pace he will be OK this year and very good next year