PDA

View Full Version : In Retrospect Everyone That Wanted Parker Traded Last Year Was Wrong

VivaPopovich
03-26-2012, 03:40 AM
Many of you wanted Parker gone last year for Troy Murphy and draft picks and now even you would admit that you were wrong. Horribly wrong. You should seriously re-examine yourself if you thought that was gonna be a good deal.

Those that did were acting like a bunch of immature Laker fans. Sessions is better than Fisher but the team as a whole is way worse without him, now nobody is there to keep Kobe calm, and he blew up today. Don't start acting like a bunch of Mark Cubans, stick to making this the team of teamwork, defense, and family values.

I suppose those same people are now making the case to trade Ginobili for someone like Enes Kanter or Derrick Williams but both those teams would probably also ask for Tiago and/or Blair in return, and that would be a bad trade. Let's just stick with what we got, screw it. What's important now moving forward is not getting a top seed but making the playoffs 100% healthy. Parker and Gino need to quit falling on their butt, that's why they get injured so often. Just as long as it's not the 8th seed, we have a pretty good chance of getting past the 1st round with the guys we got now.

This team now is good enough to win a championship. Believe.

:flag:

And thank you to everyone that joined me last year in calling/e-mailing management in asking them not to trade Tony Parker. It's partially because of you we're having the success we're now having.

100%duncan
03-26-2012, 03:48 AM
Link or didn't happen

jason1301
03-26-2012, 04:03 AM
It's our depth that makes us contenders, not TP. Do you think that Tony will outplay Rose, CP3, or Westbrook in a seven games series?

100%duncan
03-26-2012, 04:21 AM
It's our depth that makes us contenders, not TP. Do you think that Tony will outplay Rose, CP3, or Westbrook in a seven games series?

Fucking Yes

jason1301
03-26-2012, 04:33 AM
Fucking Yes

so you wouldn't trade TP for CP3?

100%duncan
03-26-2012, 04:47 AM

Who said I would?

freetiago
03-26-2012, 04:51 AM
cp360 been overated for a while
been on a decline ever since he injured himself around 08
also gives the spurs an even worse reputation for flopping
rose is a glorified allen iverson
westbrook is not a point guard and cant run the offense like parker
would get eaten alive by popovich for his shot selection and carelessness

parker is the best guard in the nba for the spurs since hes done it for so long and he can do what they need as good as any other guard in the league which is drive kick and score in the paint so help defense collapses and opens up the shooters
maybe only deron williams would be better

le13
03-26-2012, 04:55 AM
lol@Jason!

Fucking no.. I will never trade TP for CP3, DRose...etc...

We obviously did not watch the same games this year so far.... DRose and CP3 are below parker in term of MVP race. It says a lot for a guy that normally does not get any love from Fans...

And by the way, put these guys in the spurs system and you will see that their stats will be far away from what they get today!!!

TP is the man and Pop build him to fit his system

TDMVPDPOY
03-26-2012, 08:25 AM
fkn OP talkin shit out of shit, quote the link of any trade proposal of parker for murphy?

yes we all want that scrub traded, but for the package you propose lmao, go get me a toilet roll come taste my ass clown

CitizenDwayne
03-26-2012, 08:37 AM
Paul and Rose notwithstanding...TP>>>>>>>>Westbrook. I'd take Tony any day of the week.

TwelveGs210
03-26-2012, 08:44 AM
Link or didn't happen

Lmao.

Seriously though, I was up for a Parker trade, but based on his comments he made to the French media, and the fact we stood pat in the offseason, why not?

I didnt expect things to play out like they have this season. Glad they did though.

Keepin' it real
03-26-2012, 08:48 AM
You must be a woman ... pointing out that you were right about something that happened A YEAR AGO.

Many of you wanted Parker gone last year for Troy Murphy and draft picks and now even you would admit that you were wrong. Horribly wrong. You should seriously re-examine yourself if you thought that was gonna be a good deal.

Those that did were acting like a bunch of immature Laker fans. Sessions is better than Fisher but the team as a whole is way worse without him, now nobody is there to keep Kobe calm, and he blew up today. Don't start acting like a bunch of Mark Cubans, stick to making this the team of teamwork, defense, and family values.

I suppose those same people are now making the case to trade Ginobili for someone like Enes Kanter or Derrick Williams but both those teams would probably also ask for Tiago and/or Blair in return, and that would be a bad trade. Let's just stick with what we got, screw it. What's important now moving forward is not getting a top seed but making the playoffs 100% healthy. Parker and Gino need to quit falling on their butt, that's why they get injured so often. Just as long as it's not the 8th seed, we have a pretty good chance of getting past the 1st round with the guys we got now.

And thank you to everyone that joined me last year in calling/e-mailing management in asking them not to trade Tony Parker. It's partially because of you we're having the success we're now having.

silverblackfan
03-26-2012, 08:50 AM
TP can out play or match both Westbrook or Paul. Rose is on another level, but mostly due to his uncanny athletic ability.
Honestly, only Rondo and Rose worry me against Parker and I believe the team is deep enough to handle those match ups.

le13
03-26-2012, 08:52 AM
Rondo????????????:downspin:

Are you serious?????:rollin

CitizenDwayne
03-26-2012, 08:55 AM
Rondo????????????:downspin:

Are you serious?????:rollin
I think it was last year when Parker kept underestimating Rondo, sagged off him, got medium range jumper after medium range jumper dropped in his face.

le13
03-26-2012, 09:00 AM
Ok last year....:toast

But Rondo rely on lot on his teamates..(not to mention Garnett, Bass, Pierce, Allen)... and if you remember well tony used to own Rondo Ass many times as well... Season to season TP>>>>>>>Rondo!

And one big thing that Rondo is not able to do.. create for his ownself....

CitizenDwayne
03-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Certainly not saying Rondo>Parker, but give the guy some credit. He's pretty much kept the Celtics on life support for most of the season.

le13
03-26-2012, 09:22 AM
No problem, i give credit to Rondo, this guy know for sure how to make play for his guys!..

But back to the main the subject i will not switch Parker for Rondo....

hater
03-26-2012, 09:25 AM
getting swept by the Suns and the next year bukkaked by the Griz in round 1 does that to you

swaggerjackson
03-26-2012, 09:26 AM
I certainly wanted TP traded this past offseason. Not for Troy Murphy and picks but I did think he was a playoff no show guy. And while I think I am wrong, he still has to prove that he can do this in the playoffs. I always said he was a great regular season guy but I wondered if he could carry a team deep into the playoffs. This year I think we are a better team and hopefully will be a healthier team come playoff time. But in my eyes TP still has to prove himself this May. He is a very good player but I will not value him as much as Duncan or Ginobili until he takes us deep into the playoffs as the number one guy. And closes playoff games for us.

shraediggz
03-26-2012, 09:39 AM
Ya'll need to stop being a$$hole$.

Tony Parker has carried a truckload for us this year. Take him away, how are the Spurs even in the playoff picture let alone trailing OKC in the standings.

And to all those people bringing up Rose, Westbrook and Paul into the question... don't be idiots. I mean, might as well flop Bonner for Ryan Anderson. And Tim Duncan for Dwight Howard. And Manu Ginobili for Dwyane Wade. And Dejuan Blair for Amar'e Stourdamire.

Be real. No one's offering Rose or Paul for TP. Westbrook ain't the answer. And TP is by far the best option for this team, case in point; watch a fukking game and you'll see as much!

Pulling the trigger on any legitimate TP trade would murder our teams chances for success over the next few years. That's a fact. There's not one trade out there which would bring back as much value as TP added this season.

Ya'll also need to realize Tony has been a beast creating his own shot this year... And his assists are up while maintaining a low turn over rate....(long been a point of criticism in his game). That not only means the man can create his own shot, he can create for others-- both at a highly efficient clip.

Most unassisted field goals, 2011-12
Player FGM Assisted Unassisted % Unassisted
Russell Westbrook 438 97 341 77.9%
Kobe Bryant 485 205 280 57.7%
LeBron James 447 179 268 60.0%
Tony Parker 316 67 249 78.8%
Kevin Durant 468 220 248 53.0%
Chris Paul 295 50 245 83.1%
John Wall 282 53 229 81.2%
Derrick Rose 276 67 209 75.7%
Brandon Jennings 325 117 208 64.0%
Deron Williams 325 119 206 63.4%

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/03/24/film-study-thunder-stars-do-it-alone/

In other words.... BE KIND. DON'T WHINE.
It makes you sound like a b!tch. We've got a heck of a point guard on our hands here.

urunobili
03-26-2012, 09:47 AM
getting swept by the Suns and the next year bukkaked by the Griz in round 1 does that to you

:nutkick::nutkick:

:fight

Obstructed_View
03-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Murphy was a free agent. You don't have to trade your best player for a free agent.

Beaverfuzz
03-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Fuck this guy, go home Holmes!

Gagnrath
03-26-2012, 10:16 AM
1. I think Parker can outplay Westbrook in a 7 game series. Then again I think if you could successfully teach Westbrook passing and shot selection he would be an mvp canidate year in and year out. Something isn't right with that guys head, and I'm not sure it ever will be. Guy thinks he's Kobe Bryant and his team will win if he puts up 25 points no matter how many shots it takes.

I was willing to entertain the idea of trading Parker and still am in the next 2 to 4 years. Especially when Duncan retires. He's young enough he is still a valuable trade asset and trading him for an unprotected likely high lottery pick, or a young raw big with all star potential is very much worth considering, especially if you can set-up a 3 team deal with a potential win now team needing a top point guard. I'm not seeing it for this season as I think the spurs have a legitimate if outside shot at the ring, and will want to see next year as well. Once the spurs aren't legit contenders as they weren't last year (and I wasn't expecting Duncan to plateau on his decline.) If this plateau holds and Splitter improves as well as a bit more help inside, or Manu gains Grant Hill health (how the hell is he always broken and badly throughout his 20s yet plays at a high level large minutes and stays healthy in his mid to late 30s?) then don't blow it up. Once it is certain Manu and Duncan are done and gone why keep Parker instead of trading him for young players or picks to rebuild to contention?

Hoops Czar
03-26-2012, 10:39 AM

First off, Fisher's departure has nothing to do with The lakers losing. It's going to take more than a week for the Lakers to find some chemistry after changing pg's. And yes, the Lakers are beter now than they were with Fisher and it's not even close.

:rollin Derek Fisher since the trade: 3/16, 4 assists in 73 minutes. And people actually wanted him as a backup.

As far as wanting to trade Parker, don't ever take this forum seriously. Many of those whom wanted Parker traded also wanted Pop ousted, wanted Ian Mahimni to get starter minutes, and wanted James Anderson starting.

Obstructed_View
03-26-2012, 11:14 AM
:rollin Derek Fisher since the trade: 3/16, 4 assists in 73 minutes. And people actually wanted him as a backup.

The complaint about Derek Fisher was that he couldn't play defense. Look at the shooting and the assists of his opponents.

Hoops Czar
03-26-2012, 11:27 AM
The complaint about Derek Fisher was that he couldn't play defense. Look at the shooting and the assists of his opponents.

Exactly. However, many saw him as somewhat viable on offense and thought he could help the team in limited minutes. The guy is done.

Obstructed_View
03-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Exactly. However, many saw him as somewhat viable on offense and thought he could help the team in limited minutes. The guy is done.

Not sure who saw him as viable on offense, but there's no doubt he could help the Spurs if he were here. He's a far better point guard at this stage than Gary Neal is, and there's absolutely no way he could be any worse on defense.

And my suggestion to look at the production of opposing backcourts against him was serious. They don't do particularly well. Not exactly a sign that he's incapable of defense. One would think the Lakers' defense would have taken a huge leap forward if he were really that bad.

Hoops Czar
03-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Not sure who saw him as viable on offense, but there's no doubt he could help the Spurs if he were here. He's a far better point guard at this stage than Gary Neal is, and there's absolutely no way he could be any worse on defense.

And my suggestion to look at the production of opposing backcourts against him was serious. They don't do particularly well. Not exactly a sign that he's incapable of defense. One would think the Lakers' defense would have taken a huge leap forward if he were really that bad.

He's your last resort, bottom of the barrel, last bullet in the chamber option and you woudn't go around comparing him to non-pg's like Gary Neal. Gary is a trainwreck on defense and only substituting for the often injured Manu, who is more than capable of holding down the pg position. Patty mills is more than acceptable and should supply ample resolve backing up TP. And i wouldn't have thought twice about signing mills over Fisher.

Statistically, he's one of the worst pg's in the league. His lateral quickness is mind bogglingly slow and he's constantly struggling to close out on shooters. I haven't found any defensive metrics that shows he's even halfway decent defensively. Maybe he's some of sort of statistical anomaly. For me, I woud rather have anybody but fisher.

I will ask you like I did GSH, if you're the lakers, why would you dump Fisher over Blake if Fisher is all that and a bag of chips. And don't tell me it was a youth movement because blake isn't long for that rotation. I give Blake approximately 22-28 more games in a Laker uniform.

lefty
03-26-2012, 12:43 PM
We still could use him for a decent C

tmtcsc
03-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Tony Parker has elevated his game this year, which has been great. The Spurs needed him to do so to be competitive. We need to see him close this thing out before any statements can be said about not trading him.

The Spurs were in a world of hurt after getting bounced in round 1 last year. Tim looked finished and Manu was hurt again.

In Tony's last playoff series, he was outplayed by a serviceable pg in Mike friggin Conley. That's still fresh in my memory.

SPURadic
03-26-2012, 01:12 PM
TP has been really good for us this season, but seriously, if Chicago offers D. Rose for Parker (if the numbers were aligned) then it would be stupid if the FO declines that.

Cmon seriously. I love the Spurs, been a fan since they drafted Tim Duncan in 97, but I sure as hell know that Rose would be a lot more dangerous in a Silver and Black uniform than Tony is. They both can create havoc in the paint with their penetration, but Rose is a bigger threat that can open up our shooters better and I believe that Rose can play as the playmaker without consciously looking to pass, otoh, Tony has to mentally prepare himself to be a playmaker, that it takes away his aggressiveness to score the ball.

Just my 2 cents. (I'm a lurker in this forum for a while now)

Obstructed_View
03-26-2012, 01:47 PM
I will ask you like I did GSH, if you're the lakers, why would you dump Fisher over Blake if Fisher is all that and a bag of chips. And don't tell me it was a youth movement because blake isn't long for that rotation. I give Blake approximately 22-28 more games in a Laker uniform.
Well, let's not start out with a strawman, because I've yet to see anyone defending Fisher saying that Blake is worth a shit. You can form your opinions to fit any explanation you like, but the rest of us don't have to agree.

Youth movement? No. Endurance movement? Absolutely. Your prediction about Blake fits right into it. Look at the minutes. Mike Brown is going to run six or seven guys into the ground between now and the end of the season, and they're praying that Sessions is going to be able to step up and play 43 minutes a night before it's over. He's already up to 36 minutes a game since he became the starter. The Lakers rolled the dice that Fish wouldn't be able to take that kind of punishment. Kupchak admitted that he has reservations about getting rid of Fisher, so that was pretty clearly a factor.

If the Lakers thought they were going nowhere and they needed a home run of a trade to salvage any chance of contending for a championship, then they didn't dump Fisher in favor of Blake, they dumped Fisher in favor of Sessions and Hill. Blake simply has no value. If he did, he'd have been able to take the starting spot if Fisher is so "done".

vander
03-26-2012, 02:42 PM
"In Retrospect" :lol

Spurs haven't even gotten out of the first round of the playoffs yet.

Hoops Czar
03-26-2012, 03:00 PM
Well, let's not start out with a strawman, because I've yet to see anyone defending Fisher saying that Blake is worth a shit. You can form your opinions to fit any explanation you like, but the rest of us don't have to agree.

Youth movement? No. Endurance movement? Absolutely. Your prediction about Blake fits right into it. Look at the minutes. Mike Brown is going to run six or seven guys into the ground between now and the end of the season, and they're praying that Sessions is going to be able to step up and play 43 minutes a night before it's over. He's already up to 36 minutes a game since he became the starter. The Lakers rolled the dice that Fish wouldn't be able to take that kind of punishment. Kupchak admitted that he has reservations about getting rid of Fisher, so that was pretty clearly a factor.

If the Lakers thought they were going nowhere and they needed a home run of a trade to salvage any chance of contending for a championship, then they didn't dump Fisher in favor of Blake, they dumped Fisher in favor of Sessions and Hill. Blake simply has no value. If he did, he'd have been able to take the starting spot if Fisher is so "done".

My opinions are that of many and I'm not running for office so I can assure you, I don't care about public perception.

Endurance movement? There are a ton of players floating around the D-league with high endurance. I'd find it very difficult to throw away all that playoff experience and Kobe's very own "in house" psychiatrist for a little endurance.... don't you? And if Kupchak had reservations about the trade, then he's lying through his teeth in favor of massaging Derek's morale. I do recall him making an outlandish statement of trading Fisher so he could receive more playing time as opposed to coming off the bench in limited minutes. That's just called politicing and saving face. And if he did have reservations about the trade at all, it was probably because he didn't clear it with Bryant beforehand.

And yes, the Lakers needed to make a change at Pg, and session's will no doubt fill that role like a king in contrast. But, it should tell you something that the Lakers chose style (endurance? Blake) over substance (Fisher).

And to the point, I'm not arguing against the sessions trade, just that Fisher's leadership role and playoff experience trump that of Blake's endurance though Kupchak didn't think so.

T Park
03-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Yeah why would you want a championship pedigree un flappable backup point guard for 10-15 mins a night..

romain.star
03-26-2012, 03:11 PM
1. I think Parker can outplay Westbrook in a 7 game series. Then again I think if you could successfully teach Westbrook passing and shot selection he would be an mvp canidate year in and year out. Something isn't right with that guys head, and I'm not sure it ever will be. Guy thinks he's Kobe Bryant and his team will win if he puts up 25 points no matter how many shots it takes.

I was willing to entertain the idea of trading Parker and still am in the next 2 to 4 years. Especially when Duncan retires. He's young enough he is still a valuable trade asset and trading him for an unprotected likely high lottery pick, or a young raw big with all star potential is very much worth considering, especially if you can set-up a 3 team deal with a potential win now team needing a top point guard. I'm not seeing it for this season as I think the spurs have a legitimate if outside shot at the ring, and will want to see next year as well. Once the spurs aren't legit contenders as they weren't last year (and I wasn't expecting Duncan to plateau on his decline.) If this plateau holds and Splitter improves as well as a bit more help inside, or Manu gains Grant Hill health (how the hell is he always broken and badly throughout his 20s yet plays at a high level large minutes and stays healthy in his mid to late 30s?) then don't blow it up. Once it is certain Manu and Duncan are done and gone why keep Parker instead of trading him for young players or picks to rebuild to contention?

Yeah well if my mom had balls, she'd be my dad

Good post though

Cry Havoc
03-26-2012, 04:17 PM
It's unbelievable how many years Tony has put up top tier PG stats for the Spurs and only THIS year are people finally coming to the conclusion that maybe we shouldn't trade away the guy who got our last Finals MVP and has 3 rings to go with it. :pctoss

MannyIsGod
03-26-2012, 04:24 PM

:lmao

T Park
03-26-2012, 05:19 PM
It's unbelievable how many years Tony has put up top tier PG stats for the Spurs and only THIS year are people finally coming to the conclusion that maybe we shouldn't trade away the guy who got our last Finals MVP and has 3 rings to go with it. :pctoss

It wasn't till after the third ring did the majority of people not want Pop fired....

therealtruth
03-26-2012, 05:31 PM

Fisher can't defend super quick point guards. He's better at defending bigger point guards and smaller two guards. Outside of that he's good at hitting clutch shots. The guy can miss shots all game and then hit them when they count.

therealtruth
03-26-2012, 05:35 PM

Parker's Finals MVP is overrated. He was going against a hobbled Larry Hughes and a rookie Daniel Gibson. There was no reason for him not to dominate that matchup.

TheSkeptic
03-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Fisher can't defend super quick point guards. He's better at defending bigger point guards and smaller two guards. Outside of that he's good at hitting clutch shots. The guy can miss shots all game and then hit them when they count.

Although if he'd hit shots earlier his late-game heroics wouldn't be needed...

For myself, I get that being clutch is important but I'm not a fan of regularly winning by the skin on my teeth if it can be avoided.

Right now Fisher doesn't provide more than late game 3 point shooting and veteran leadership. Neither of which the Spurs really need at this juncture.

Obstructed_View
03-26-2012, 05:54 PM
Fisher can't defend super quick point guards.

Since nobody in the entire league can, that's a fellacious argument.

He's better at defending bigger point guards and smaller two guards. Outside of that he's good at hitting clutch shots. The guy can miss shots all game and then hit them when they count.
He can also play smart team defense, gets into passing lanes, draws charges, physically harrasses people, and disrupts the other team's flow. All reasons he'd have done fine as a backup for the Spurs. Can't wait to see Patty get some run, and I hope he makes us forget all about Fish.

LoneStarState'sPride
03-26-2012, 06:23 PM

Nope

Cry Havoc
03-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Parker's Finals MVP is overrated. He was going against a hobbled Larry Hughes and a rookie Daniel Gibson. There was no reason for him not to dominate that matchup.

Do you want me to go through the Spurs playoff history and show you every series where TP has completely dominated the other team? Because it wasn't just against Cleveland. But do continue to discount DOMINANT FINALS PERFORMANCES because the circumstances were merely favorable.

rascal
03-26-2012, 06:30 PM
I din't want to trade Parker but I did want to trade Manu.

Now that is the one the Spurs should have traded. The Spurs are winning with very little input from Manu this year.

Obstructed_View
03-26-2012, 06:45 PM
No single player has been more pivotal to the Spurs' playoff success or failure since his arrival than Tony Parker. When Parker plays well and is able to break down defenses, they win. When Parker is stopped up and unable to penetrate, they lose. The '03 team was able to count on a miraculous game from the backup to overcome Parker's bad play, and Pop was able to swap defensive assignments in '05 against the Pistons to make the matchups work in their favor.

therealtruth
03-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Being able to trade Parker for a talented bigman would have helped but at the same time he was at least able to bring Diaw.

Cry Havoc
03-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Being able to trade Parker for a talented bigman would have helped but at the same time he was at least able to bring Diaw.

Great logic. Then we could have had SIX bigs and ZERO point guards.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-26-2012, 07:33 PM
I will own up - as right as I was about the Jefferson contract, I was dead wrong about blowing up the team, which I thought was a good idea last off-season.

The FO have done an incredible job of rebuilding on-the-fly, and we now have a solid core of rapidly growing young role players to support the ageing Big 3.

Furthermore, the trade deadline moves were superb, and we now have a deep, flexible, high-chemistry squad with a real shot at winning this year and for the next one or two years, which is well worth the shot given that Timmy can still play (he looked done last year, which was one of the reasons I wanted to blow it up).

Anyway, I was dead wrong, as were those who underestimated the brilliance of our Front Office in their ability to scrounge together a winning team.

Agloco
03-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Tony Parker has elevated his game this year, which has been great. The Spurs needed him to do so to be competitive. We need to see him close this thing out before any statements can be said about not trading him.

The Spurs were in a world of hurt after getting bounced in round 1 last year. Tim looked finished and Manu was hurt again.

In Tony's last playoff series, he was outplayed by a serviceable pg in Mike friggin Conley. That's still fresh in my memory.

This.

Tony and Timmy are both playing much better than in previous years. That's a large part of the reason that the Spurs are doing so well right now.

I still say they are missing one thing.

Hoops Czar
03-26-2012, 09:17 PM
This.

Tony and Timmy are both playing much better than in previous years. That's a large part of the reason that the Spurs are doing so well right now.

I still say they are missing one thing.

What has Timmy done better this year than in previous years? I think you'll find that actual data disagrees with you.

Agloco
03-26-2012, 09:34 PM
What has Timmy done better this year than in previous years? I think you'll find that actual data disagrees with you.

What data would that be?

Proxy
03-26-2012, 09:35 PM
Yes... I'd like to see this data... because just from observation, Duncan has had more of an impact this season than last.

angelbelow
03-26-2012, 09:43 PM
I would do Parker for Rose.

With that said, I actually don't watch Rose that much but its not hard to see that he has size, skill, speed, athleticism, and all that good stuff. He would probably bring a difference brand of exposure to SA that would surely make the ownership happy.

Beyond Rose, I'm not sure I would trade Parker straight up for anyone else. Maybe Deron Williams.

100%duncan
03-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Parker will beat any guard in a game 7 series, yes, including Dick Rose.

Hoops Czar
03-26-2012, 10:34 PM
What data would that be?

Yes... I'd like to see this data... because just from observation, Duncan has had more of an impact this season than last.

His .465 fg% is the lowest of his career. His ppg have increased but so has his shots per game. Probably the most telling is his win shares 3.9 and ws/48 .149 which have floored this season, by far the worst of his career.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duncati01.html?mobile=false

TheSkeptic
03-26-2012, 10:38 PM
His .465 fg% is the lowest of his career. His ppg have increased but so has his shots per game. Probably the most telling is his win shares 3.9 and ws/48 .149 which have floored this season, by far the worst of his career.

But he's been looking so much better as of late. Hm. You think maybe the low field goal percentage is the result of him taking more jumpers than he has in the past?

Though the win shares are tough to explain...

Hoops Czar
03-26-2012, 10:48 PM
But he's been looking so much better as of late. Hm. You think maybe the low field goal percentage is the result of him taking more jumpers than he has in the past?

Though the win shares are tough to explain...

He has looked better. Part of it is lockout related. He started the season in a funk and it took him nearly a month to break out. As for the outside jumpers, its probably a very reasonable explanation for why he's shooting a low percentage. He seemd to be settling for a lot of 10-15 footers this year.

Beanzamillion21
03-26-2012, 10:49 PM

Probably, and your avatar is douche btw.

TDMVPDPOY
03-26-2012, 10:58 PM
td is still the same player if you adjust his stats to 36min, per or advance stats....i still reckon his a scrub