PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi Woman Beaten to Death in California

RandomGuy
03-26-2012, 10:17 AM
Hate Crime Suspected

A woman from Iraq who was found beaten, lying in a pool of blood in her in El Cajon, Calif., home next to a note saying "go back to your country," has died and police are investigating her death as a possible a hate crime.

Shaima Alawadi's 17-year-old daughter found her unconscious on the dining room floor of her home Wednesday. She was taken to the hospital and put on life support, but she was taken off life around 3 p.m. Saturday.

"Our understanding is that she was beaten and she was hit with some kind of a tool about 8 times in the head. She was knocked on the floor and was found in a pool of blood," said Hanif Mohebi, the director of the San Diego chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

Alawadi was a 32-year-old mother of five children, ranging in age from eight to 17.

"A week ago they left a letter saying this is our country not yours you terrorist, and so my mom ignored that thinking it was just kids playing a prank," Alawadi's daughter, Fatima Al Himidi, told ABC News affiliate KGTV. "But the day they hit her, they left another note again, and it said the same thing."

Al Himidi told KGTV the intruders did not steal anything from their home, and the only motive must have been hate.

"A hate crime is one of the possibilities, and we will be looking at that," Lt. Mark Coit said, according to The Associated Press. "We don't want to focus on only one issue and miss something else."

Al Awadi immigrated to the United States from Iraq in the mid-1990s.

There is a large Iraqi population in El Cajon, Mohebi said, and its members often face "discriminatory hate incidents."

"Our ultimate goal is that whoever did this is brought to justice," Mohebi said.

http://news.yahoo.com/iraqi-woman-beaten-death-california-hate-crime-suspected-181803495--abc-news.html

----------------------------------------

Not a lot of details.

ChumpDumper
03-26-2012, 10:19 AM
I guess the note is the only thing pointing towards that for now.

clambake
03-26-2012, 10:23 AM
maybe the murderer was standing their ground.

cheguevara
03-26-2012, 10:23 AM
this has 1000x more chance of being a legit hate crime than Treyvon case tbh. When will Obama weigh in on this case?

boutons_deux
03-26-2012, 10:31 AM
the note could be a red herring by, eg, an Iraqi or spurned lover, not by an All-American nativist, racist asshole.

ChumpDumper
03-26-2012, 10:53 AM
the note could be a red herring by, eg, an Iraqi or spurned lover, not by an All-American nativist, racist asshole.That was a suspicion of mine.

RandomGuy
03-26-2012, 11:00 AM
That was a suspicion of mine.

My thoughts exactly. I backspaced over saying that, for the sake of simplicity.

My understanding:
This kind of violence is rare in the home.
Such attacks are usually with fists or something, not with weapons.

The body is being flown back to Iraq. Oddly enough this means that an autopsy will not be possible, although this does fit with Shia burial customs. (there is a holy graveyard in Iraq)

ChumpDumper
03-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Yeah, that stuff makes it a mess. I've watched too many precess shows with that kind of plot line.

DarrinS
03-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Hate crime perps usually leave behind notes or call 911 operators.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-26-2012, 11:18 AM
My thoughts exactly. I backspaced over saying that, for the sake of simplicity.

My understanding:
This kind of violence is rare in the home.
Such attacks are usually with fists or something, not with weapons.

The body is being flown back to Iraq. Oddly enough this means that an autopsy will not be possible, although this does fit with Shia burial customs. (there is a holy graveyard in Iraq)

Could've been a homeless person.......

cheguevara
03-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Hate crime perps usually leave behind notes or call 911 operators.

it all depends on whether which victim looks more like the current president

cheguevara
03-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Still waiting on Obama's statement on this crime. Also the black panthers'

lefty
03-27-2012, 02:36 PM
The murderer was "protecting his country"

ChumpDumper
03-27-2012, 02:55 PM
Still waiting on Obama's statement on this crime. Also the black panthers'Of course you are.

Spurminator
03-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Still waiting on Obama's statement on this crime. Also the black panthers'

Then get a press badge and ask him.

The_Worlds_finest
03-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Being that this is totally acceptable in Iraq, the irony of the murderer actually being the husband would be almost side splitting.

cheguevara
03-28-2012, 08:46 AM
Husband of Iraqi woman murdered in US demands to know killer's motive

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/About/General/2012/3/28/1332920759117/Kassim-Alhimidi-008.jpg

Kassim Alhimidi, standing next to his son Mohammed, left, speaks to reporters at a memorial service for his murdered wife, Shaima Alawadi, in Lakeside, California.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/mar/28/husband-iraqi-woman-murdered-motives

paging Mr. Obama, paging Mr. Obama to the podium... Do you see any resemblance of you in any of these people?

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2012-03/69073185.jpg

guess this is not a racial tragedy since the black panthers are not involved

ChumpDumper
03-28-2012, 10:01 AM
Guess we don't know who actually killed her yet -- unless you already know. Do you?

Kind of goes against the theory of many Ron Paul supporters that Obama is Muslim, though. Thanks for shedding light on that.

Winehole23
03-28-2012, 10:12 AM
guess this is not a racial tragedy since the black panthers are not involvedwe don't really need the president to chime in on every notorious crime, do we? the president's job isn't to console us after every terrible local tragedy, but it's hardly unreasonable for him to respond when asked. whenever reporters get around to asking Obama about about the Iraqi lady beaten to death in California or the guy who got set on fire in KC, he'll probably have something to say about those too.

cheguevara
03-28-2012, 11:05 AM
we don't really need the president to chime in on every notorious crime, do we? the president's job isn't to console us after every terrible local tragedy, but it's hardly unreasonable for him to respond when asked. whenever reporters get around to asking Obama about about the Iraqi lady beaten to death in California or the guy who got set on fire in KC, he'll probably have something to say about those too.

got it.

2 questions. Why has he not been asked about either yet? and will he use any physical resemblance to the victims to make a connection with the grieving families?

ChumpDumper
03-28-2012, 11:07 AM
got it.

2 questions. Why has he not been asked about either yet?He's not a member of the White house press corps.
and will he use any physical resemblance to the victims to make a connection with the grieving families?No, he'll use his religion.

Blake
03-28-2012, 11:08 AM
got it.

2 questions. Why has he not been asked about either yet? and will he use any physical resemblance to the victims to make a connection with the grieving families?

Why should anyone care if neither of those two questions get answered?

ChumpDumper
03-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Why should anyone care if neither of those two questions get answered?che thinks he has a point.

It happens.

cheguevara
03-28-2012, 11:11 AM
Why should anyone care if neither of those two questions get answered?

great question. Why did they care in the other case?

Blake
03-28-2012, 12:54 PM

I don't know, why?

Spurminator
03-28-2012, 01:04 PM

:lmao

The only person on this board who seems to care is YOU.

No one else gives a shit.

cheguevara
03-28-2012, 01:11 PM
:lmao

The only person on this board who seems to care is YOU.

No one else gives a shit.

I only cared that he brought up race within his answer in a case that based on the current evidence seems far from being racially motivated

ChumpDumper
03-28-2012, 04:31 PM
I only cared that he brought up race within his answer in a case that based on the current evidence seems far from being racially motivatedExcept he didn't bring up race.

RaZon
03-28-2012, 09:13 PM
We have always killed people because of what they are not who they are. It will always be that way, what a fucked up deal.