PDA

View Full Version : City of Detroit Preparing for Finals too!

Clandestino
06-21-2005, 12:28 AM
http://www.handlebarandgrille.com/images/boarding%20up.jpg
http://www.redcross.org/static/file_cont1633_lang0_729.jpg
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/510000/images/_514368_riot_police150.jpg

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-21-2005, 12:33 AM
I didn't know hurricanes hit this far inland...

What do pics of Florida and the UK have to do with Detroit?

T Park
06-21-2005, 12:36 AM
^^ the epitomy of acting dumb.

06-21-2005, 12:37 AM
^^ the epitomy of acting dumb.

^^^^

The epitomy of fair weather fan...

constantstate
06-21-2005, 12:38 AM
ouch

Dex
06-21-2005, 12:39 AM
The epitome of people who don't know how to spell epitome. :lol

Experiment2100
06-21-2005, 12:39 AM
ouch

Ouch is right.

06-21-2005, 12:41 AM
The epitome of people who don't know how to spell epitome. :lol

Oh the ironing*
:lol :lol

*I know

Dex
06-21-2005, 12:42 AM
:lol

At least you pwnd T Park.

:tu

constantstate
06-21-2005, 12:44 AM
yeah i think everyone got the gist of it.

shyne
06-21-2005, 12:58 AM
lol

xcoriate
06-21-2005, 12:59 AM
sweet thread fellas

ZappaFan
06-21-2005, 08:06 AM
The line of riot police is such an old stereotype. Why not post of picture of last year's celebration when a million people peacably congregated in Detroit?

ballhog
06-21-2005, 08:15 AM
We don't get French benefits?

SpursWoman
06-21-2005, 08:15 AM
:)

nkdlunch
06-21-2005, 08:37 AM
The line of riot police is such an old stereotype. Why not post of picture of last year's celebration when a million people peacably congregated in Detroit?

because u gonna lose, and ppl gonna be pissed and probably drunk too :)

ObiwanGinobili
06-21-2005, 08:42 AM
inagoddadavida baby

WayDowntownBang
06-21-2005, 08:44 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/waydowntownbang/parade1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/waydowntownbang/parade2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/waydowntownbang/parade3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/waydowntownbang/gaydancer.gif

pache100
06-21-2005, 08:46 AM
Well, we don't have to do that kind of crap down here in San Antonio. The fans here (like the Spurs players) have CLASS. We just party, we don't riot. No cop-smacking, no car-burning, no looting, no killing (what the hell kind of a way is that to CELEBRATE?????). Just pure, unadulterated joy here. and nobody gets hurt.

coz
06-21-2005, 08:55 AM
I've got to admit it, that top pic is bad ass.

WayDowntownBang
06-21-2005, 08:59 AM
Well, we don't have to do that kind of crap down here in San Antonio. The fans here (like the Spurs players) have CLASS. We just party, we don't riot. No cop-smacking, no car-burning, no looting, no killing (what the hell kind of a way is that to CELEBRATE?????). Just pure, unadulterated joy here. and nobody gets hurt.

I am so incredibly tired of people here saying that San Antonio has class, and Detroit doesn't have class. What kind of way is WHAT to celebrate?

When the Red Wings won their Stanley Cups, there were over 1.2 million people in the streets cheering and celebrating, with no problems. When the Pistons did it in 89 and 90, and again last year.. no problems.

What is this 'no looting, no killing' crap? Last time I checked, in 2004 the city of San Antonio had 95 homicides, 677 forcible rapes, 2132 robberies, 4948 aggravated assaults, 14,720 burglaries, 60,868 larcenies, 5667 motor vehicle crimes, 7852 total crimes against persons, 81,255 total crimes against property, and 89,107 total crimes (excluding arson). 69.5 people out of every 1000 committed a crime.

You want to dig on Detroit and the fans of Detroit, so let's go to Auburn Hills, where the team plays.

1 Murder, 14 forcible rapes, 12 robberies, 47 aggravated assaults, 136 burglaries, 1091 larcenies, 77 motor vehicle thefts, and 2 arsons in 2002. I couldn't seem to find 2004 in the books.

It's apples and apples, moron. You see "Detroit" on TV and that's all you can come up with is your typical, non-original rips on the city.

You want to compare facts about where the teams play? There you go. I hate having to actually bring TRUTH into a thread, but for you to say something this stupid about my city.. it's rediculous. I have *NO* problem with the city of San Antonio, and it seems like a great place to visit.. but enough Detroit Pistons (and their fans) bashing already.

Clandestino
06-21-2005, 09:00 AM
2004 Most Dangerous Cities

1 Camden, NJ
2 Detroit, MI suprise, suprise!
3 Atlanta, GA
4 St. Louis, MO
5 Gary, IN
6 Washington, DC
7 Hartford, CT
8 New Orleans, LA
9 Richmond, VA
10 Birmingham, AL
11 Baltimore, MD
12 Richmond, CA
13 Memphis, TN
14 Jackson, MS
15 Tampa, FL
16 San Bernardino, CA
17 Compton, CA
18 Springfield, MA
19 Miami, FL
20 Cleveland, OH
21 Dayton, OH
22 North Charleston, SC
23 Little Rock, AR
24 Oakland, CA
25 Cincinnati, OH

http://www.governmentguide.com/community_and_home/morganmostdangerouscities.adp

WayDowntownBang
06-21-2005, 09:05 AM
I think I just proved that stats can be altered to make ANYTHING seem ok.

For instance, that "AOL" guide that you just put up.. has HARTFORD, CT at #7, Birmingham, AL at 11 and Dayton, OH at 21.

Ever been to any of those cities? I've been to all three. If you think they're dangerous, I'm not sure what bubble you live in. I'm not going to sit here and tell you Detroit is the equivalent to heaven, but the point was he was trashing the FANS.

Clandestino
06-21-2005, 09:10 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2004-11-22-dangerous-cities_x.htm

usatoday more your style?

"TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — Camden has been named the nation's most-dangerous city, snatching the top spot from Detroit, according to a company's annual ranking based on crime statistics."

"The rankings look at the rate for six crime categories: Murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary and auto theft. It compares 350 cities with populations of 75,000 or more that reported crime data to the FBI. Final 2003 statistics, released by the FBI in October, were used to determine the rankings. "

MadDog73
You want to dig on Detroit and the fans of Detroit, so let's go to Auburn Hills, where the team plays.

1 Murder, 14 forcible rapes, 12 robberies, 47 aggravated assaults, 136 burglaries, 1091 larcenies, 77 motor vehicle thefts, and 2 arsons in 2002. I couldn't seem to find 2004 in the books.

It's apples and apples, moron. You see "Detroit" on TV and that's all you can come up with is your typical, non-original rips on the city.

Dude, that's not comparing apples to apples! :lol

San Antonio is not Auburn Hills. Auborn Hills has 19,837 people. Basically, the whole population fits in the Palace! :lol

Here's Detroit's 2002 stats:

Murders: 402
Rapes: 708
Robberies: 6288
Agg. Assault: 12,542

So, unless Detroit crime has gone DOWN in the last 2 years, yeah, San Antonio is better.

(I didn't want to go here, but you're the one bringing up the stats)

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
I am so incredibly tired of people here saying that San Antonio has class, and Detroit doesn't have class. What kind of way is WHAT to celebrate?

When the Red Wings won their Stanley Cups, there were over 1.2 million people in the streets cheering and celebrating, with no problems. When the Pistons did it in 89 and 90, and again last year.. no problems.

What is this 'no looting, no killing' crap? Last time I checked, in 2004 the city of San Antonio had 95 homicides, 677 forcible rapes, 2132 robberies, 4948 aggravated assaults, 14,720 burglaries, 60,868 larcenies, 5667 motor vehicle crimes, 7852 total crimes against persons, 81,255 total crimes against property, and 89,107 total crimes (excluding arson). 69.5 people out of every 1000 committed a crime.

You want to compare facts about where the teams play? There you go. I hate having to actually bring TRUTH into a thread, but for you to say something this stupid about my city.. it's rediculous. I have *NO* problem with the city of San Antonio, and it seems like a great place to visit.. but enough Detroit Pistons (and their fans) bashing already.

Way to represent, my brotha.

ObiwanGinobili
06-21-2005, 09:13 AM
2004 Most Dangerous Cities

1 Camden, NJ
2 Detroit, MI suprise, suprise!
3 Atlanta, GA
4 St. Louis, MO
5 Gary, IN
6 Washington, DC
7 Hartford, CT
8 New Orleans, LA
9 Richmond, VA
10 Birmingham, AL
11 Baltimore, MD
12 Richmond, CA
13 Memphis, TN
14 Jackson, MS
15 Tampa, FL
16 San Bernardino, CA
17 Compton, CA
18 Springfield, MA
19 Miami, FL
20 Cleveland, OH
21 Dayton, OH
22 North Charleston, SC
23 Little Rock, AR
24 Oakland, CA
25 Cincinnati, OH

http://www.governmentguide.com/community_and_home/morganmostdangerouscities.adp

WDB:
Let's not debate a town you havn't actually lived in.
I grew up in Hartford. It is fucking dangerous. I had been to 3 friends funerals by the 9th grade. Including an ex-boyfirend who was gunned down infront of the highscool ina a driveby at 7am , and Monica who was stabbed to death i nthe nathroom becasue she wouldn't give up her leather 8-ball jacket.
Thast just the school system. Major reason why i was homeschooled the rest of high school. Major reason I moved to Texas.

samikeyp
06-21-2005, 09:16 AM
I am so incredibly tired of people here saying that San Antonio has class, and Detroit doesn't have class

Nobody here said that. All Pache said is that people here don't celebrate in a negative way. That IS the way to celebrate, what was not mentioned, until you said something, is that Detroit fans celebrate the same way. I do agree though...the whole "city vs. city" thing is stupid....its basketball, let's stick to that.

ObiwanGinobili
06-21-2005, 09:17 AM
Just wanted to add hat the year I left 35 hartford Police Officers and 12New Britian Police officers were indicted on organized crime charges including: drug dealing, stealing drugs from evidence room for sale, intimidation, forcible rape, money laundering etc etc.

Clandestino
06-21-2005, 09:20 AM
and this thread was a JOKE... didn't mean to ruffle all the piston's fan's panties so much...

if you guys had posted some lazy sombrero wearing mexicans saying it was sa, then most of us would've just laughed our ass off...

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-21-2005, 09:22 AM
and this thread was a JOKE... didn't mean to ruffle all the piston's fan's panties so much...

if you guys had posted some lazy sombrero wearing mexicans saying it was sa, then most of us would've just laughed our ass off...

We wouldn't do that. We have too much class.

:fro

Clandestino
06-21-2005, 09:23 AM
We wouldn't do that. We have too much class.

:fro

but not too much to destroy the city! :lmao

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-21-2005, 09:24 AM
but not too much to destroy the city! :lmao

STOP! You're killing yourself, aren't you?

MannyIsGod
06-21-2005, 09:49 AM
:lmao

Damn, I never realized Detroit was so anal. Blah Blah Blah we have class too Blah Blah Blah. I take it Detroit is the largest market in the US for pacifier sales?

WayDowntownBang
06-21-2005, 10:12 AM

Damn, I never realized Detroit was so anal. Blah Blah Blah we have class too Blah Blah Blah. I take it Detroit is the largest market in the US for pacifier sales?

Says the guy flipping the bird in his avatar.

I guess I need to remember what I said when I first joined this board.

Detroit fans are separated into good fans and stupid fans. San Antonio is no different.

I'm headed to work, see you in a few hours.

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-21-2005, 10:15 AM

Right behind Texas.

pache100
06-21-2005, 10:18 AM

Just for the record, I did not say anything negative or bad about Detroit. If you have read ANY of my messages (apparently not), you would know that I like Detroit and admire the Pistons (their fans? not so much, anymore, based on that response to me). I saw the news reports and film coverage last year after the Pistons won the Championship. I know what happened up there. All I said, and I repeat...is that we do not RIOT when we win something. Period. The end. If you want to whine on and put words in my mouth and make something more out of it, so be it. I'm done with you.

pooh
06-21-2005, 10:22 AM

You know...it's all a bunch of shit.

First off you have this...Delaine Matteau or whatever her name is on WOAI-TV. She was up in Detroit last week and all that time she kept whinning and bitching about the Detroit fans and how they were loud and obnoxious. Then she said when the series comes back here, show Detroit how much "class" the fans here have, etc...give me a break.

Then she had the nerve last night or so to say on the newscast. "I was so scared what would happen to me if Detroit would've won game five." C'mon lady...it's not like they're going to take you over to the corner of a building and "Have it their way". It's a basketball game for Christs' sake. Lighten up your chasity belt. She made herself look like a real snob if you ask me.

Fans are fans...period. Some celebrations get out of hand yes, and unfortunately it's a part of life, deal with it. You'll sleep better at night. I'm glad that yeah...San Antonio knows how to celebrate responsibly and all that, but please lay off putting our way of celebrating on that high pedestal and looking down at the other cities that have problems with it.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2005, 10:24 AM
Right behind Texas.
Well, thats an entire state up against a city. :lol

MannyIsGod
06-21-2005, 10:25 AM
Says the guy flipping the bird in his avatar.

Does that make you any less anal?

I guess I need to remember what I said when I first joined this board.

Detroit fans are separated into good fans and stupid fans. San Antonio is no different.

I'm headed to work, see you in a few hours.
I take it comedy central doesn't do too well in Detroit?

samikeyp
06-21-2005, 10:26 AM
Well it sounds like Detroit knows how to celebrate as well. Apparently it is the people in Lansing that have a hard time with it! :lol

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-21-2005, 10:26 AM
We have a high birth rate here. :spin

Yeah, I should of said SA, but I wanted to include the whole state. Didn't want anyone to feel left out.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2005, 10:31 AM
We have a high birth rate here. :spin

Yeah, I should of said SA, but I wanted to include the whole state. Didn't want anyone to feel left out.
But when you include the whole state, you include Dallas. And we all know how much Cowboy and Maverick fans need pacifiers. :lol

Vashner
06-21-2005, 10:34 AM
That would be like use quoting Alamo Heights stats .. Auburn Hills is a subdivision lol.

samikeyp
06-21-2005, 10:35 AM
And we all know how much Cowboy and Maverick fans need pacifiers

:flipoff hey some of us Cowboy fans don't need pacifiers!

notice how I said some! :)

Dingle Barry
06-21-2005, 11:19 AM
selecting auburn hills to make the comparison cements you as a veritable ass hat in my opinion

cmc$purs
06-21-2005, 11:25 AM
detroit halloween list

gas
zippo
mask
gun
bag
more gas
matches :devil

guaransheed
06-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Can someone please explain to me what makes Spurs fans more classy than Piston fans?

MainEvent
06-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Wow, Detroit's going to riot jokes. Those are original. It's funny, in 1984 a small riot breaks out outside the stadium and a few cars get set on fire after the Tigers win the world series and Detroit gets branded for life. THere have been 6 consecutive world championshp celebrations in this city without major incident since that time. Meanwhile, 2 people have been killed during celebrations after the Patriots have won Super Bowls and nobody really pays attention to it. LA has seen much worse in recent years following Lakers victories as well.

Detroit isn't some shiny new city and the downtown has just started over the last few year to really enjoy a renaissance. It's a gritty, urban, industrial city that has a lot of work ahead of itself. But it's certainly safe to be in and around the central downtown area, which isn't any worse than most large cities in the country. In fact, Detroit crime statistics are often very skewed because there is a very small population that lives within the immidiate downtown area.

bdubya
06-21-2005, 12:31 PM
Wow, Detroit's going to riot jokes. Those are original.

I try not to sweat it; the more they do it, the more it sounds like whistling past the graveyard. And give 'em a break; if the defining event in your history was a pack of frontier drunkards and slave-profiteers with their pants full of sh!t, pleading for mercy as they died on their knees, you'd be a little prickly too.

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-21-2005, 12:37 PM
I try not to sweat it; the more they do it, the more it sounds like whistling past the graveyard. And give 'em a break; if the defining event in your history was a pack of frontier drunkards and slave-profiteers with their pants full of sh!t, pleading for mercy as they died on their knees, you'd be a little prickly too.

Okay, any notion I had of myself having "class" just went right out the window. I must admit I laughed at this. Thanks for the chuckle, bdubya, I needed that.

samikeyp
06-21-2005, 12:39 PM
Can someone please explain to me what makes Spurs fans more classy than Piston fans?

its not an entire fan base vs. another. This forum has shown that there are good Spurs fans and Pistons fans as well as bad ones. The good ones talk basketball, the bad ones drop insults about the other city and its people and has nothing to do with basketball.

like riot smack or this...

And give 'em a break; if the defining event in your history was a pack of frontier drunkards and slave-profiteers with their pants full of sh!t, pleading for mercy as they died on their knees,

Hook Dem
06-21-2005, 12:52 PM
My dog is bigger than your dog! :lol

06-21-2005, 03:27 PM
City smack is weak. City smack that revolves around things that happened 20+ years ago is plain ghey.

This thread lives on...

bdubya
06-21-2005, 03:44 PM
City smack is weak. City smack that revolves around things that happened 20+ years ago is plain ghey.

This thread lives on...

I was kinda hoping I had killed it with the Alamo thing...thanks for the bump..NOT.
:wtf