PDA

View Full Version : Geeks, I need your help with Webdisk

apalisoc_9
03-26-2012, 11:29 PM
I'm trying to make my own site just for learning purposes and hopefully make money out of it but thats something that i am not really concerned about for now. I just want to learn. Unfortunaley, I am a complete Dummy with computers and internet stuff. I am wiling to learn though. I am trying to access webdisk trhu my computer and use webdisk as means to transfer files to my site but i cant seem to open it. Everytime i try to open my webdisk an error message occurs, saying that portals 2077 and 2078 arnt open. I have read that it has something to do with the firewall, ive bee trying to look for those specific ports in firewall windows but cant find them so i tried turning off firewall but this time it just hangs whenever i try to open webdisk and gives an error message after it.

I've Contacted my ISP as told by others to check if they had those ports restricted and it does not seem to be the case. I Configured my router to make those ports available though i'm not sure if i made them available correctly.

I am Using Windows 7.

I tried checking my anti-virus if it had its own firewall but negative.

What Do I do? have had this problem for two days now. :(

PM5K
03-27-2012, 06:14 PM
Try bypassing your router, and turning off Windows Firewall, just to rule things out.