PDA

View Full Version : Big problems in NY

wanggi
03-27-2012, 04:34 AM
The team announced, Amare Stoudemire (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1727/amare-stoudemire) is out "indefinitely" after an MRI revealed a bulging disk in his lower back.
Carmelo Anthony (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1975/carmelo-anthony) tweaked his groin.

Backup center Jared Jeffries is out approximately two weeks due to inflammation of his right knee.

The Knicks have classified Chandler’s injury as “a bone bruise’’ but he said he is dealing with multiple injuries, including indications he has ligament damage.

Maybe those are good things for Lin.
He has chance to lead the Knicks to 6 consecutive wins again.

Scrub
03-27-2012, 05:18 AM
:lol Amare is the next Rashard Lewis of the NBA, nothing to see here really. Overrated scrub with the most untradeable contract in the league...and Dolan used the amnesty on Billups:lol Sarver might be a retard but not resigning this clown is probably the best move he's made as Suns owner.

Fully guaranted $100 mil for this bum :lmao

wanggi
03-27-2012, 05:22 AM
:lol Sarver might be a retard but not resigning this clown is probably the best move he's made as Suns owner.

Agreed.

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Sarver might be a retard but not resigning this clown is probably the best move he's made as Suns owner.

Instead, he gave the money to Hakim Warrick, Josh Childress and Channing Frye and went from WCF to the lottery :lmao

100%duncan
03-27-2012, 08:01 AM
Well, here goes Linsanity the next game.

Giuseppe
03-27-2012, 08:01 AM
Instead, he gave the money to Hakim Warrick, Josh Childress and Channing Frye and went from WCF to the lottery :lmao

It's an unfortified postion for sure.

tee, hee.

Goran Dragic
03-27-2012, 10:28 AM
:lol Amare is the next Rashard Lewis of the NBA, nothing to see here really. Overrated scrub with the most untradeable contract in the league...and Dolan used the amnesty on Billups:lol Sarver might be a retard but not resigning this clown is probably the best move he's made as Suns owner.

Amare didn't have any back issues whatsoever at the time he signed with New York, Sarver claimed he didn't want to guarantee Amare the last two years because of his knee and eye. It's revisionist history to say Amare's back injury justifies Sarver's decision. The two reasons Sarver gave have yet to cause problems for New York. If Amare's back turns into a real issue then Sarver simply got lucky and New York got unlucky.

Meanwhile, the Suns are about to miss the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 seasons. Yeah, letting Amare leave was brilliant :tu

Scrub
03-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Amare didn't have any back issues whatsoever at the time he signed with New York, Sarver claimed he didn't want to guarantee Amare the last two years because of his knee and eye. It's revisionist history to say Amare's back injury justifies Sarver's decision. The two reasons Sarver gave have yet to cause problems for New York. If Amare's back turns into a real issue then Sarver simply got lucky and New York got unlucky.

Meanwhile, the Suns are about to miss the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 seasons. Yeah, letting Amare leave was brilliant :tu

I've said it before, I'll say it again just for u Goran...Letting Amare leave was brilliant indeed, spending "Amare's" $20 mil on Childress,Warrick, and Hedo was retarded.

Giuseppe
03-27-2012, 10:40 AM

Not to mention the "newspapers", wampum and brick-a-brak that they lost when Amare left.

wanggi
03-27-2012, 10:55 AM
If back spasm can be contagious, Amare's back spasm was probably from Nash.

Giuseppe
03-27-2012, 11:00 AM
^Just act like somebody tonite.

Savvy?

lefty
03-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Reggie Miller is the Devil

He has cursed this franchise for the next 50 years

http://wwwai.wu-wien.ac.at/%7Efranz/Startrek/gifs/Personen/quark.gif

cheguevara
03-27-2012, 11:31 AM
:lmao D'antoni jumped ship at the right time

Goran Dragic
03-27-2012, 11:51 AM
I've said it before, I'll say it again just for u Goran...Letting Amare leave was brilliant indeed, spending "Amare's" $20 mil on Childress,Warrick, and Hedo was retarded.
Amare never had any kind of back issues whatsoever when Sarver decided to let him leave, you're revising history by acting like Sarver knew Amare was gonna have disk problems in his back 2 years later.

What should Phoenix have done with the $20M if they didn't use it to resign Amare? What better options were out there?

Goran Dragic
03-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Not to mention the "newspapers", wampum and brick-a-brak that they lost when Amare left.
Not sure what you're referring to with "wampum and brick-a-brack" :lol

Giuseppe
03-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Not sure what you're referring to with "wampum and brick-a-brack" :lol

The souvenir concession: ashtrays, t-shirts, bobbleheads, those giant pencils, etc.

Bill_Brasky
03-27-2012, 11:56 AM

Amare has already done more than Lewis ever did, so your comparison is already a fail right there.

Giuseppe
03-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Amare has already done more than Lewis ever did, so your comparison is already a fail right there.

What more?

Goran Dragic
03-27-2012, 12:08 PM
The souvenir concession: ashtrays, t-shirts, bobbleheads, those giant pencils, etc.
Oh ok now I see what you're saying and I agree. Letting Amare leave probably cost Sarver money when you look at all things it affected.

Goran Dragic
03-27-2012, 12:10 PM
What more?
Take a team to the conference finals.

Have a career that's actually relevant :lol

Kai
03-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Ran into Rashard Lewis at a Texans game this year. Dude is a total clown.

BUMP
03-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Take a team to the conference finals.

Have a career that's actually relevant :lol

according to Giuseppe I'm just as good as McGrady since we're even on the rings count

Scrub
03-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Amare never had any kind of back issues whatsoever when Sarver decided to let him leave, you're revising history by acting like Sarver knew Amare was gonna have disk problems in his back 2 years later.

What should Phoenix have done with the $20M if they didn't use it to resign Amare? What better options were out there?

Sarver knew about his knee and eye issues...made a decision not to pay 100 mil for a guy with that much health issues and it's turned out to be a good decision. And, imho, it will turn out this was a brilliant fucking decision two years from now.

I don't know what Phoenix should have done with the $20 mil but I know a guy like Kupchak (or maybe Spurs/Pop) would have spent it better. That's why Sarver isn't a good owner/gm...he nailed the first call but fucked everything up few days later.

Giuseppe
03-27-2012, 03:08 PM
Vecsey is reporting in NYC that the back is potentially career ending. The Knicks owe him $65 million after this season and they used their Amnesty Card on Billups.

ElNono
03-27-2012, 03:10 PM
If it's career ending, the Knicks can use the Disabled Player exception. That instantly gives them basically the full MLE to sign a new player.

Giuseppe
03-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Gambo & (Ashe's replacement) are also claiming the back is directedly attributed to his knee problems.

Mel_13
03-27-2012, 03:36 PM
If it's career ending, the Knicks can use the Disabled Player exception. That instantly gives them basically the full MLE to sign a new player.

DPE couldn't be used this season.

Giuseppe
03-27-2012, 03:39 PM
& that contract is not insured.

ElNono
03-27-2012, 03:48 PM
DPE couldn't be used this season.

Right, but the Knicks cap won't necessarily suffer because "they owe him $65 million after this season".

Mel_13
03-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Right, but the Knicks cap won't necessarily suffer because "they owe him $65 million after this season".

True. If the injury is career-ending, it will just affect Dolan's bottom line. The Knicks, however, will not be prevented from making stupid basketball decisions in the future

SpursRulez4eVeR
03-27-2012, 05:13 PM
knicks are fucked regardless

Goran Dragic
03-27-2012, 06:22 PM
Sarver knew about his knee and eye issues...made a decision not to pay 100 mil for a guy with that much health issues and it's turned out to be a good decision. And, imho, it will turn out this was a brilliant fucking decision two years from now.
Sarver didn't pay him because of his knee and eye issue. So far, his knee and eye have been fine. Amare developing a back problem Sarver knew nothing about at the time doesn't make Sarver's decision brilliant.

I don't know what Phoenix should have done with the $20 mil
Thanks for playing.

Goran Dragic
03-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Gambo & (Ashe's replacement) are also claiming the back is directedly attributed to his knee problems.
:lol of course they are

If Amare was diagnosed with HIV tomorrow, Gambo find a way to connect it to Amare's knee.

I've heard of back injuries causing someone to start favoring one side and developing knee problems (Ralph Sampson), I've never heard of knee problems causing back problems.

Giuseppe
03-27-2012, 06:51 PM
:lol of course they are

If Amare was diagnosed with HIV tomorrow, Gambo find a way to connect it to Amare's knee.

I've heard of back injuries causing someone to start favoring one side and developing knee problems (Ralph Sampson), I've never heard of knee problems causing back problems.

No, dude, they're right. You start compensating in your legs and it affects your back. It's all connected in there.

Scrub
03-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Sarver didn't pay him because of his knee and eye issue. So far, his knee and eye have been fine. Amare developing a back problem Sarver knew nothing about at the time doesn't make Sarver's decision brilliant.

Thanks for playing.

Anyway, it doesn't matter what Sarver knew or didn't know. All that matters is - Does his decision on letting Amare go look right in March, 2012? It does. It looks good, it will look even better in 2013/2014. And that's all there is in business...the end result, not how you got there.

Now go warm up for the Mavs.

Goran Dragic
03-27-2012, 07:15 PM
No, dude, they're right. You start compensating in your legs and it affects your back. It's all connected in there.
It's not like his knee was in constant pain, there's no reason to think he ever compensated in his legs. His knee hasn't been an issue since the 2005-2006 season.

Goran Dragic
03-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Anyway, it doesn't matter what Sarver knew or didn't know. All that matters is - Does his decision on letting Amare go look right in March, 2012? It does. It looks good, it will look even better in 2013/2014. And that's all there is in business...the end result, not how you got there.

Now go warm up for the Mavs.
I don't play for the Suns, so I'm not sure what "go warm up for the Mavs" means. I'll just assume it's a retarded GNSF comment after he thinks he won an argument.

And now you're switching lanes. I never denied that the decision might end up good. My only argument was that it wasn't some brilliant well thought out decision AT THE TIME from Sarver to let Amare leave.

And I'd still rather have Amare on the Suns right now than I would Childress, Warrick and Frye. They could amnesty 1 bad contract if it's a career ender, they can't amnesty all 3 of those.

Mel_13
03-27-2012, 07:22 PM
I don't play for the Suns, so I'm not sure what "go warm up for the Mavs" means.

Rox play the Mavs tonight. You start for Houston.

Goran Dragic
03-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Rox play the Mavs tonight. You start for Houston.
Well, since your post is obviously sarcastic and I misread his post, I should probably let him know that I'm NOT goran dragic.

wanggi
03-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Let's make the things clear here.
With the Amare's season ending back issue, did Sarver make the right decision on letting Amare go?
Yes, he did.
Did Sarver make the right deals after Amare signing with the Knicks?
No, he didn't.
Did Amare's back spasm matter with Sarver's decision?
No, it didn't.
Does your knee's problem affect your back?
Our lower/upper body are interactive, specifically when we move, stand or exercise. But I think Amare's Knees ain't matter with his back issue.

Giuseppe
03-27-2012, 07:44 PM
Let's make the things clear here.
Does your knee's problem affect your back?
Our lower/upper body are interactive, specifically when we move, stand or exercise.
Am I a zipperhead?
Yes.

Gambo was right.

Mel_13
03-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Well, since your post is obviously sarcastic and I misread his post, I should probably let him know that I'm NOT goran dragic.

Well, you might have let him know that the retarded comment was a mistake.

wanggi
03-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Am I a wife beater and child abuser?
Yes.

redzero is right.:wow

Giuseppe
03-27-2012, 08:31 PM
^:rolleyes

Sybok
03-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Reggie Miller is the Devil

He has cursed this franchise for the next 50 years