PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather have from the dleague, Dawson, dentmon, Thomas or joesph?

Spurs151
03-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Which one of these dleague players would you rather have?

TimmehC
03-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Does "Thomas" mean Lance or Malcolm? I'd like the Spurs to give Malcolm another chance, similar to how they did with Danny G at the end of last season.

ChumpDumper
03-27-2012, 01:18 PM
It's not like any of these guys would break into the rotation. At this point I might call up Gadzuric for big man insurance, though there are other free agents available.

Spurs151
03-27-2012, 01:23 PM
I mean malcom. Not necessarily for this season but I know pop always looks ahead for the future. I really like the way joesph and Dawson play together. I could see that in pops future plan

Hooks
03-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Dentmon, he's actually been playing some very solid defense IMO. He does a great job of staying in front of his man and does a good job of not getting picked off on screens. Spurs are also thin at PG.

Spurs151
03-27-2012, 01:26 PM
How are they thin a pg? We now have three with mills. And dentmon never ever played defense in the dleague, surprised he is playing it now. Mightnot last long

Arcadian
03-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Dawson

Hooks
03-27-2012, 01:39 PM
How are they thin a pg? We now have three with mills. And dentmon never ever played defense in the dleague, surprised he is playing it now. Mightnot last long

Mills is the only backup Pg on the roster, Neal has been pretty terrible especially on defense where he's been getting destroyed by other PG's. Dentmon hasn't been running the offense well either but his defense has been 100x better.

We also don't know how good Mills will be either, I do hope he can do what TJ did though.

The Spurs are just way too stacked at every other position. At SG they've got Green/Manu/Neal SF they've got Leonard/Jackson, those positions are pretty interchangeable.

Big men they've got Duncan/Diaw/Splitter/Blair/Bonner and they also run a lot of small ball.

Sense
03-27-2012, 01:41 PM
None.

Darkwaters
03-27-2012, 02:07 PM
The Spurs are just way too stacked at every other position. At SG they've got Green/Manu/Neal SF they've got Leonard/Jackson, those positions are pretty interchangeable.

Big men they've got Duncan/Diaw/Splitter/Blair/Bonner and they also run a lot of small ball.

That 15th signing is probably a signing for the future - not this season.

ChumpDumper
03-27-2012, 02:23 PM
I would've considered signing Leo Lyons late as a potential future Bonner replacement, but he requested a trade to Golden State's D-League team so they could have a look at him.

It might be good to sign a shot blocker like Hamady N'Diaye or Sean Williams to keep through summer league and training camp to see if they can be taught how to play basketball.

Darkwaters
03-27-2012, 02:31 PM
I think thats the first time I've ever heard of a D-Leaguer requesting a trade.

ChumpDumper
03-27-2012, 02:44 PM
I think thats the first time I've ever heard of a D-Leaguer requesting a trade.Well, GS had apparently been asking the Toros about him for most of the season. Leo asked the Toros to go along with it. I like the fact they don't stand in the way of a potential opportunity like that.

Spurs151
03-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Well, GS had apparently been asking the Toros about him for most of the season. Leo asked the Toros to go along with it. I like the fact they don't stand in the way of a potential opportunity like that.

Yea golden state asked for the trade and Lyons thought it was best. Dentmon from what I hear asked for a trade, but only because he was throwing a tantrum one game when he was 5 for 25

Texas_Ranger
03-27-2012, 03:04 PM
Malcolm signed with Houston.

Darkwaters
03-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Malcolm signed with Houston.

Yep, I saw that a couple of days ago. I was kind of upset as I wanted the Spurs to bring him bring him back for the rest of the season and training camp next year.

timvp
03-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Dawson. His jumper is the most NBA-ready skill of the four players mentioned. A number of bigs have been able to make it in the NBA just because they can bang and hit an open jumper.

Spurs151
03-27-2012, 03:21 PM
Yeah and Dawson is the number big man in th dleague, with the most double doubles. He would be a good investment for next season

Darkwaters
03-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Yeah and Dawson is the number big man in th dleague, with the most double doubles. He would be a good investment for next season

I like Dawson a lot. But I do have a few concerns:

1) Hes 27. While not old (Splitters 27) it does mean that his upside is very limited. What you see is basically what you get.
2) Injury prone. Hasn't he been hurt repeatedly over the last few years?

All and all, if you're only looking for some help for THIS seaon then Dawson would be fine. But if you're looking for help in future seasons (which has been the trend with our late season D-league call-ups) then he doesn't fit the bill as well.

Still, if the Spurs went with Dawson I couldn't complain too much. Plus, I like his story.

Spurs151
03-27-2012, 03:54 PM

1) Hes 27. While not old (Splitters 27) it does mean that his upside is very limited. What you see is basically what you get.

All and all, if you're only looking for some help for THIS seaon then Dawson would be fine. But if you're looking for help in future seasons (which has been the trend with our late season D-league call-ups) then he doesn't fit the bill as well.

Still, if the Spurs went with Dawson I couldn't complain too much. Plus, I like his story.

Yea he had a few injurys in the past season, that's because I think he wasn't in shape at all. His body seems to look more NBA like so I think his injurys might be past him

Mel_13
03-27-2012, 04:01 PM

I'd be fine with signing Dawson after the Toros are done. Even as a practice big, it would be great for him to be with the Spurs all the way through the playoffs.