PDA

View Full Version : MLB sucks at Opening Day

Spurminator
03-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Tomorrow's A's/Mariners game in Tokyo is a regular season game, so technically tomorrow is "Opening Day." The next game is Cards/Marlins on Wednesday the 4th. All of this is happening while Spring Training is still going on for most teams.

The day currently being labelled "Opening Day" is April 5th, but even on that day, there are only 7 games. Fewer than half of the teams in baseball are playing on Opening Day.

Why doesn't MLB have a true Opening Day where every team plays? Make it a freaking national holiday. It should be a much bigger deal than it is right now.

lefty
03-27-2012, 03:41 PM
lol baseball

Boring sport

:lol national pasttime
:lol 10 day games
:lol 1200 regular season games
:lol fat "athletes"
:lol spitting
:lol steroids
:lol overpaid douchebags
:lol overpromotion of "ummmmuuuurikaaaa" during the playoffs
:lol "God bless America"
:lol Joe Buck
:lol People going bezerk because some fat elephant finally hit a ball, as if was the 2nd coming of the Christ

Nice hats though :tu

Reck
03-27-2012, 03:49 PM
lol baseball

Boring sport

:lol national pasttime
:lol 10 day games
:lol 1200 game regular seasons
:lol fat "athletes"
:lol spitting
:lol steroids
:lol overpaid douchebags
:lol overpromotion of "ummmmuuuurikaaaa" during the playoffs
:lol "God bless America"
:lol Joe Buck
:lol People going bezerk because some fat elephant finally hit a ball, as if was the 2nd coming of the Christ

Nice hats though :tu

100% Canadian certified. :lol

Anyway, that is pretty strange that they're going to play a game that's not even anywhere close to the US.

lefty
03-27-2012, 03:50 PM
100% Canadian certified. :lol

Anyway, that is pretty strange that they're going to play a game that's not even anywhere close to the US.
Yeah but baseball is huge is Japan

Do the Marines or A's have japanese players ?

Reck
03-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Yeah but baseball is huge is Japan

Do the Marines or A's have japanese players ?

Cant say about the As but Mariners have Ichiro so yes.

lefty
03-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Cant say about the As but Mariners have Ichiro so yes.
Ah yes, forgot about Ichiro

crc21209
03-27-2012, 07:25 PM
You'd figure MLB would TRY and go all-out on Opening Day at least. If I were them, I would have Yankees-Red Sox, Rangers-Angels, Cubs-White Sox, and some other good rivalry games on Opening Day.

Reck
03-27-2012, 07:37 PM
You'd figure MLB would TRY and go all-out on Opening Day at least. If I were them, I would have Yankees-Red Sox, Rangers-Angels, Cubs-White Sox, and some other good rivalry games on Opening Day.

That's usually what happens most of the time.

This year's opening day is pretty weak.

Jacob1983
03-27-2012, 11:20 PM
How about last year when the Mariners and Marlins played in Seattle and the Marlins were the home team? Only in baseball. :lol