PDA

View Full Version : Play everyone tomorrow Pop

roycrikside
03-27-2012, 11:47 PM
We're one game behind Miami, but really two since they own tiebreaker. We should do whatever we can to finish with a better record, as they're the best home team in the league.

I know all the arguments for resting Manu or Tim, but if there's ever a time to play them back-to-back, it's this game. There will be plenty of rest afterward. Two days off, a home game, and then another two days off.

Give them each 20 mins. Play Tiago some and Jackson and Mills too. Everyone. Do whatever you have to win this totally winnable game.

Also, it'll send a message to the league. "Old-ass Spurs just swept 5 game in 6 stretch, look the fuck out."

:lobt2:

Sense
03-27-2012, 11:49 PM
Oh yeah.. he'll listen to you.

timtonymanu
03-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Sending a message against the Kings. Doubt Pop would go for it.

timvp
Just my guess but I think Manu sits. It would be four games in five nights for Parker, so Pop might sit him too if his hamstring isn't 100%. I don't see why Pop would sit Duncan ... although if he's not playing Manu or TP, Pop might sit Duncan to make sure he doesn't waste too much energy trying to carry the team.

Personally, I'm fine with whatever Pop decides. He's been great in the last few games in figuring out who to sit and how to adjust the rotations.

DMC
Sure sent that message last season.

benfti
03-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Its the kings

Ditty
03-27-2012, 11:54 PM
I'm pretty sure everyone plays besides Manu, even Splitter will play.

roycrikside
03-27-2012, 11:55 PM
Just my guess but I think Manu sits. It would be four games in five nights for Parker, so Pop might sit him too if his hamstring isn't 100%. I don't see why Pop would sit Duncan ... although if he's not playing Manu or TP, Pop might sit Duncan to make sure he doesn't waste too much energy trying to carry the team.

Personally, I'm fine with whatever Pop decides. He's been great in the last few games in figuring out who to sit and how to adjust the rotations.

I think he's got the kind of depth where the team can go for every win and still not tax anyone. That's my whole point. They should go for the best record they can and still not play certain guys more than 20 or 22 mins in back-to-backs.

100%duncan
03-28-2012, 12:03 AM
Oh yeah, sending a message to the league by beating the Kings.

T Park
03-28-2012, 12:04 AM
Sit Manu sit Parker sit Duncan.

Play Tiago and Jackson.

Mugen
03-28-2012, 12:06 AM
We should do whatever we can to finish with a better record, as they're the best home team in the league.

Pop thought like this about catching Chicago last year. And then Manu broke his arm in the last game of the regular season :toast

Ginobleed20
The only message we are going to send is by winning in the playoffs. Period.

Pop knows what he is doing.

spurs10
It's a mystery for sure. More than anything I'm hoping Tiago is good to go....

Mugen
We can't afford to take the pride shot of losing twice to them.

yeah we wouldnt want the powerhouse Kings to have the mental edge over us when we meet them in the playoffs in 2019

roycrikside
03-28-2012, 12:07 AM
Oh yeah, sending a message to the league by beating the Kings.

It wouldn't be about beating the Kings. It'd be sweeping a 5 games in 6 stretch for a team everyone thinks is too old to survive such a thing.

roycrikside
03-28-2012, 12:08 AM
Pop thought like this about catching Chicago last year. And then Manu broke his arm in the last game of the regular season :toast

Second-to-last game. And it wasn't a fatigue-related injury. It was a freak play that could've happened on literally any play of any game.

TDMVPDPOY
03-28-2012, 12:09 AM
NO NEED to play splitter when you have too

you dont want his back injury to end up like amare rubbed out for the rest fo the season

DAF86
03-28-2012, 12:09 AM
Do whatever you want but get the W. I'm going to be pissed if we lose the streak against the Kings.

timtonymanu
03-28-2012, 12:10 AM
Even if the Spurs won the next 20 games, the media won't give them any praises. I prefer saving them for more important games, tbh.

timtonymanu
03-28-2012, 12:10 AM
That being said, I still want them to win tomorrow.

crc21209
03-28-2012, 12:11 AM
Sacramento's been playing some good ball lately, so whoever does end up playing tomorrow night needs to bring some energy to match the Kings, or it might get ugly.........

crc21209
03-28-2012, 12:12 AM
Even if the Spurs won the next 20 games, the media won't give them any praises. I prefer saving them for more important games, tbh.

And the Lakers, Knicks, and Heat could all lose 10 in a row, and still lead off on Sportscenter...:lol

Mugen
03-28-2012, 12:12 AM
Second-to-last game. And it wasn't a fatigue-related injury. It was a freak play that could've happened on literally any play of any game.

Nope. Last Game. He rested them second to last game against the Lakers but then inexplicably played them against the Suns.

Dummies on the board said the same thing about how it wasn't a meaningless game cuz they were trying to get the best overall record in case they meet the Bulls.

Manu breaks his arm cuz he has a habit of getting injured on "freak plays".

The Spurs get steamrolled by the Grizzlies.

The Bulls never even made it to the Finals.

roycrikside
03-28-2012, 12:13 AM
That being said, I still want them to win tomorrow.

I think home court matters against two teams: Lakers and Heat. Desperately want to have a better record than both. I don't care as much about OKC or Bulls.

Spur|n|Austin
03-28-2012, 12:16 AM
It wouldn't be about beating the Kings. It'd be sweeping a 5 games in 6 stretch for a team everyone thinks is too old to survive such a thing.

Screw "everyone". When has Pop or the Spurs organization ever given a hoot about what "everyone" thinks?

100%duncan
03-28-2012, 12:18 AM
Sitting the big 3 ain't an automatic loss, providing that all the other guys can play,and I mean ALL. We have the depth to do it. I trust Pop, let us all, please?

SpursNextRomanEmpire
03-28-2012, 12:21 AM

Play Tiago and Jackson.

Don't forget that some peoples pussies get tangled up when Pop decides to sit the big 3. We wouldn't want that to happen now would we.

T Park
03-28-2012, 12:22 AM
Don't forget that some peoples pussies get tangled up when Pop decides to sit the big 3. We wouldn't want that to happen now would we.

Could care less.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
03-28-2012, 12:28 AM
Could care less.

I would hope so.

jiggy_55
03-28-2012, 12:34 AM
We don't need to sit everyone wtf. Maybe rest manu, play everyone else. No reason for anyone else to get a rest tonight these are professional athletes.

ducks
03-28-2012, 12:35 AM
blair may need to rest

Sean Cagney
03-28-2012, 12:43 AM
The only message we are going to send is by winning in the playoffs. Period.

Pop knows what he is doing.

100%duncan
03-28-2012, 12:46 AM
blair may need to rest

C'mon, he's your boy right?

spurs10
03-28-2012, 12:49 AM
I know I need some rest.....

Texas_Ranger
03-28-2012, 12:52 AM
The Kings this month look pretty good.

Spur|n|Austin
03-28-2012, 12:56 AM
The Kings this month look pretty good.

If Thompson's ankle is good and he plays along with Cousin's, their inside is tough.

SnakeBoy
03-28-2012, 12:57 AM
Op might have a point...

LeBron James ‏ @KingJames
Gonna be watching spurs v. kings close. We all better look the fuck out if the spurs dominate the kings.

jestersmash
03-28-2012, 01:16 AM
Op might have a point...

LeBron James ‏ @KingJames
Gonna be watching spurs v. kings close. We all better look the fuck out if the spurs dominate the kings.

Did Lebron just delete this tweet, or is there some inside joke here that I'm not getting?

He said nothing of the sort on his twitter page: http://twitter.com/#!/KingJames

roycrikside
03-28-2012, 01:21 AM
:rolleyes

therealtruth
03-28-2012, 01:58 AM

Pop wasn't trying to catch Chicago. He was trying to keep the team from getting rusty.

Sean Cagney
03-28-2012, 02:08 AM
Did Lebron just delete this tweet, or is there some inside joke here that I'm not getting?

He said nothing of the sort on his twitter page: http://twitter.com/#!/KingJames

LOL come on bro, it was funny but.. Well lets put it this way that was a joke all in all!

Hoops Czar
03-28-2012, 02:10 AM

Play Tiago and Jackson.

After tomorrow, the Spurs play 2 times in 6 days. Get your rest then. Players don't need to be coddled and babied and you can't prevent them from getting injured.

Absolutely no reason to sit Parker and Duncan.

jiggy_55
03-28-2012, 02:11 AM
Again, there really is no need for any rest tomorrow night, and it might be time to push Manu to start getting healthy. If he can't play back to back's for the rest of the season, what does that say about his health? I'm not impressed, he needs to eventually do it.

All players will be with the team in Sacramento anyways, and we get 2 days off before playing Indiana and then another 2 days off before playing in Cleveland. There will be ample rest and practice time in those upcoming 4 days off.

jestersmash
03-28-2012, 02:11 AM
LOL come on bro, it was funny but.. Well lets put it this way that was a joke all in all!

:lol I fell for it, not gonna lie. Using bron's name in particular kind of threw me off.

Proxy
03-28-2012, 02:19 AM
After tomorrow, the Spurs play 2 times in 6 days. Get your rest then. Players don't need to be coddled and babied and you can't prevent them from getting injured.

Absolutely no reason to sit Parker and Duncan.

You are ridiculous about this. You've bitched about sitting players in nearly every related thread. Parker even said in the interview that the players enjoyed the games off. What is it exactly that you feel like gives you entitlement to knowing more than Pop or any of the players? The Spurs are winning. There are no chemistry issues. If anything, the new players are getting more pt to get acclimated to the system they were already familiar with.

jiggy_55
03-28-2012, 02:26 AM
You know if anyone needs a rest tomorrow it might be Danny Green. Dude looked awful on offense tonight, a few days off could be great for him. Remember this is his first season playing big minutes, he's not accustomed to this because the past 2 years he got used to playing 5 or 10 mins a game in something like 10 games all season lol.

Darkwaters
03-28-2012, 02:28 AM
After tonight's game the Spurs play 1 game in 5 days. If the team is committed to no back-to-backs for Manu then I'd sit him and nobody else. Otherwise, might as well go strong.

Hoops Czar
03-28-2012, 03:43 AM
You are ridiculous about this. You've bitched about sitting players in nearly every related thread. Parker even said in the interview that the players enjoyed the games off. What is it exactly that you feel like gives you entitlement to knowing more than Pop or any of the players? The Spurs are winning. There are no chemistry issues. If anything, the new players are getting more pt to get acclimated to the system they were already familiar with.

Last four NBA champions:

2008 Boston Celtics
2009 Las Angeles Lakers
2010 Las Angeles Lakers
2011 Dallas Maverickss

The Spurs haven't advanced out of the second round in 4 years while 4 older teams won championships. How can that be?

The principle thought behind resting one's players hasn't proven to be anymore successful than those teams that chose to play them.

Resting players in February and March won't impact play in April and May and certainly won't prevent injuries from occurring.

TheSkeptic
03-28-2012, 03:59 AM
Last four NBA champions:

2008 Boston Celtics
2009 Las Angeles Lakers
2010 Las Angeles Lakers
2011 Dallas Maverickss

The Spurs haven't advanced out of the second round in 4 years while 4 older teams won championships. How can that be?

The principle thought behind resting one's players hasn't proven to be anymore successful than those teams that chose to play them.

Resting players in February and March won't impact play in April and May and certainly won't prevent injuries from occurring.

100% agreed. In fact I'd argue that giving guys too much rest can throw off their rhythm and make them more likely to get hurt. The old "work prevents injuries" theory. I'm fine with giving Manu a break and even Tim from time to time but this is getting a little bit out of control imo.

It's not like any of the players (besides Parker) really play heavy minutes anyway.

jiggy_55
03-28-2012, 04:14 AM
100% agreed. In fact I'd argue that giving guys too much rest can throw off their rhythm and make them more likely to get hurt. The old "work prevents injuries" theory. I'm fine with giving Manu a break and even Tim from time to time but this is getting a little bit out of control imo.

It's not like any of the players (besides Parker) really play heavy minutes anyway.

Yeah, I thought that resting Jackson today was kinda ridiculous. Every team in the league has played all its players without any rest, and while we can accept the occasional night off for Duncan or Manu, resting a bench player like Jackson is just ridiculous. Popovich is taking this to a whole other level, using complete advantage of our depth although which is smart but I can't say I'm happy with it all.

therealtruth
03-28-2012, 04:44 AM

Last year partially supports that theory. Duncan sits out one game and sprains his ankle the next game. Ginobili sits out one game and then gets injured the next game.

therealtruth
03-28-2012, 04:46 AM
Again, there really is no need for any rest tomorrow night, and it might be time to push Manu to start getting healthy. If he can't play back to back's for the rest of the season, what does that say about his health? I'm not impressed, he needs to eventually do it.

All players will be with the team in Sacramento anyways, and we get 2 days off before playing Indiana and then another 2 days off before playing in Cleveland. There will be ample rest and practice time in those upcoming 4 days off.

What happened to blowing teams out and resting later on in the game?

100%duncan
03-28-2012, 04:49 AM
^
It didn't exist

Dingle Barry
03-28-2012, 05:06 AM
Rest em. "Work prevents injury"=hogwash.

jiggy_55
03-28-2012, 05:16 AM
What happened to blowing teams out and resting later on in the game?

Agreed. The only real need for rest comes on situations like the recent 5 games in 6 nights, and on back-to-back-to-backs. And in those cases, I really would only understand resting injured players and Manu/Duncan once. Otherwise it's being overdone and taken to a different and imho an unacceptable level.

benefactor
03-28-2012, 05:58 AM
If he wanted to be cautious with Manu I'd understand that, but everyone else can probably play. They only play one game in the next 5 days so there will be some rest time coming up for everyone.

OZspurs
03-28-2012, 06:41 AM
want to see how Mills rests TP.

100%duncan
03-28-2012, 07:08 AM
^ how can that happen?

Mel_13
03-28-2012, 07:45 AM
Manu will rest. I don't see any other "healthy" rests. Hope to see Tiago get a few minutes to start knocking off the rust.

Bartleby
03-28-2012, 08:34 AM
MrTsuvykUZk

SilverSpur
03-28-2012, 08:35 AM
Give Splitter, Anderson, Diaw and Mills as much playing time as possible. Use Parker, Duncan, and Manu if needed, but don't give them the night off.

SpursRulez4eVeR
03-28-2012, 08:44 AM
If any of the big 3 were to play, i personally don't buy into playing them limited minutes, play them normal minutes, or if not, don't play them at all. not bullshit like having timmy play for 15 mins and sit him the rest the game..

Proxy
03-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Last four NBA champions:

2008 Boston Celtics
2009 Las Angeles Lakers
2010 Las Angeles Lakers
2011 Dallas Maverickss

08, Lose to LA, Ginobili playing on a bum ankle
09, Lose to DAL, Ginobili out entirely
10, Lose to PHX, Ginobili broken nose
11, Lose to MEM, Ginobili broken arm

If it has no effect, then what is the point of complaining about it? It's only done good this year for a deep team that has the luxury to do so.

ManuTastic
03-28-2012, 11:04 AM

Agreed. Don't really care about the W here, as keeping the big 3 healthy is more important, and actually getting more break-in time for Diaw, Jackson, Mills, etc. would be more valuable still.

Although, I do hate those f--ing cowbells...

TampaDude
03-28-2012, 11:11 AM
Nope. Last Game. He rested them second to last game against the Lakers but then inexplicably played them against the Suns.

Dummies on the board said the same thing about how it wasn't a meaningless game cuz they were trying to get the best overall record in case they meet the Bulls.

Manu breaks his arm cuz he has a habit of getting injured on "freak plays".

The Spurs get steamrolled by the Grizzlies.

The Bulls never even made it to the Finals.

Yup...and none of that matters...NOBODY was getting by the Mavs last year...NOBODY.

YoMamaIsCallin
03-28-2012, 11:11 AM
For the 853rd time...

THE SPURS DON'T CARE ABOUT REGULAR SEASON RECORDS OR PLAYOFF SEEDINGS.

There entire goal is to get to the playoffs in as good a shape as they can.

Please, God, stop these whiny threads about resting players.

therealtruth
03-28-2012, 01:29 PM
The goal should be to get into the playoffs playing well as a team and healthy. You can't play well if you're team never plays together.

T Park
03-28-2012, 01:53 PM
Yup...and none of that matters...NOBODY was getting by the Mavs last year...NOBODY.

Not necessarily true...

TampaDude
03-28-2012, 02:37 PM
Not necessarily true...

Well, the Spurs sure as hell weren't gonna take 4 of 7 from the Mavs.

Dirk was on a mission last year. They weren't going to be denied.

NickiRasgo
03-28-2012, 09:59 PM
:o

roycrikside
03-28-2012, 11:23 PM
Well, everybody but Bonner, I guess. This was an L without Manu.

anakha
03-28-2012, 11:43 PM
Well, everybody but Bonner, I guess.

For quite a few people, that's more than good enough.