PDA

View Full Version : Pop gets rid of the women

Kori Ellis
06-21-2005, 05:40 AM
First Popovich got his players' attention, put burrs under their saddles, by ordering the Spurs' womenfolk out of the team's posh suburban hotel following the team's Game 4 embarrassment.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2005/06/21/SPGKHDBVI31.DTL

I hadn't read that anywhere in the Express-News, so it's weird that it's in a San Francisco paper. But I think it's kind of funny that he threw all the wives/girlfriends out of the hotel between games four and five.

Slo spurs fan
06-21-2005, 05:47 AM
Pop: No sex before games :makemyday

:lmao :lmao :lmao

RobinsontoDuncan
06-21-2005, 06:29 AM
Hey, in boxing that's a superstion

MaNuMaNiAc
06-21-2005, 07:12 AM
Its like Bull Durnham LOL, Its a chakras thing! they're breething through the wrong eyelid! :lmao

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
06-21-2005, 07:23 AM
Similar article by Mike Wise in today's Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/20/AR2005062001491.html)
.Apparently, he used the weekend as sort of a 'corporate retreat,' where the players could bond without the distractions of family, etc.

Just another reason why Pop is always underrated as a coach.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-21-2005, 07:23 AM
Didnt avery johnson refuse to see his wife during the entire playoffs??

Taco
06-21-2005, 07:34 AM
That was Funny!!!!

But it Worked!!!!!

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
06-21-2005, 07:45 AM
It's also possible Pop didn't want to see this happen, after Game 4:

Ham's wife gets probation: Pistons forward Darvin Ham's wife was sentenced Monday to a year's probation for hitting him on the head with a wine bottle in March, the Associated Press reported.

Deneitra Ham also was sentenced to 30 hours of community service and an anger management program.

:lmao

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-21-2005, 07:58 AM
Let's hope Pop cockblocked the team last night too.

SpursWoman
06-21-2005, 08:02 AM
Let's hope Pop cockblocked the team last night too.

:lol

I was gonna say....I hope he sent a bus around for them yesterday. :lol

ObiwanGinobili
06-21-2005, 08:06 AM
Spurs fans often wonder what center Nazr Mohammed would do if he were to take off the oven mitts. I'm thinking the Spurs would gladly trade Nazr straight up for Adonal Foyle...

uhm. no. not me. I'm fine with Nazr, and I want ot give him training camp and a summer to really fit in with the team nad gain his confidence. Trading was nowhere in hte vicinity of this fans thoughts.
Anyone else?

nkdlunch
06-21-2005, 08:35 AM
Spurs better wrap this up tonight, or it's gonna be a few more days w/no boomboom

easjer
06-21-2005, 08:48 AM
OK. So. . . are Eva and Tony together or not? She's not under any professional obligation to show up and act like his girlfriend . . . so are they dating or not? According to the rumor mill (my fiance's sister-in-law's hairdresser also does Eva's hair on occassion or something), she and Tony Sr do not get along at all.

spurschick
06-21-2005, 08:51 AM
OK. So. . . are Eva and Tony together or not? She's not under any professional obligation to show up and act like his girlfriend . . . so are they dating or not? According to the rumor mill (my fiance's sister-in-law's hairdresser also does Eva's hair on occassion or something), she and Tony Sr do not get along at all.

She got in the car with him at the airport... that's all I'm saying.

easjer
06-21-2005, 09:04 AM
She got in the car with him at the airport... that's all I'm saying.

Good enough for me! It's so ridiculous for me to even care, but clearly, with game 6, finals elimination game, on the looming horizon, this is the most important thing I can focus hound.

God, I'm such a gossip whore.

Old School Chic
06-21-2005, 09:34 AM
I personally would be embarrased to hang around with Tony and the team knowing I'm just a piece of Ass...

Have some dignity Eva!

diego
06-21-2005, 09:45 AM
they ran the same story in the argentine sports paper Ole. they also said tony had been recording a rap album at the hotel with some french friends and pop kicked those guys out too, and, that tony's brother got into some trouble over renting a stolen car in detroit.

haven't seen that anywhere else though

samikeyp
06-21-2005, 09:54 AM
"How much for the weemen?"

http://www.hotrodscustomstuff.com/HUMOR/blues-brothers.jpg