PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Bench Mob

Calispursfan11
03-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Whose bench is better than ours? If someone has a logical argument that there is a better bench in the NBA, I want to hear it. With the FO's recent moves, this team has been assembled so that while there may not be any one Ultra-Star on the roster, it is so deep that Pop can rest anyone he wants from game to game while still sending waves of talent at an opponent with almost no dropoff in production.

You can see other teams, even the really young teams, wearing down against us recently because of this. The Spurs literally have a Bench Mob that has the ability to overwhelm any team right up through OKC, LA and Miami. My only question is the Bulls, but the Bulls haven't seen THIS version of the Spurs yet and I don't think they're going to like it.

pgardn
03-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Chicago is very good as you stated.

They have a really nice ability to mix and match depending on the opponent.

Russ
03-28-2012, 10:05 PM
You can see other teams, even the really young teams, wearing down against us recently because of this.

And a good bench allows you more than to just wear down the other team.

It allows you to match up with the other team, no matter what their personnel and style may dictate.

Solid D
03-28-2012, 10:14 PM
The Greeks have 5 PGs who are better than any Spurs bench player. If you don't agree you are lying!!!

SequSpur
03-28-2012, 10:16 PM
you can only play 5 guys, wgaf...the lakers, the heat, the bulls, the mavs and the grizzlies can put 5 better players on the floor all night long...

pgardn
03-28-2012, 10:22 PM
you can only play 5 guys, wgaf...the lakers, the heat, the bulls, the mavs and the grizzlies can put 5 better players on the floor all night long...

No actually you can play 4. The Lakers could do just fine without Minor World War.

5 really? Even if one is missing a limb?

SequSpur
03-28-2012, 10:24 PM
spurs are fools gold..go buy a ticket.