PDA

View Full Version : Spurs go 15-4 on the road

GSH
03-28-2012, 11:22 PM
The Spurs got off to that terrible 0-6 start on the road this year. But since then, they have snapped off a 15-4 road record. Tonight was a sloppy win against Sacramento, but it was also the end of 5 games in 6 nights, and a road win is a road win. And 15-4 is a pretty awesome road streak in anybody's book.

With the playoffs coming up quickly, I like the fact that this team can win on the road. People make a lot of the home record, but it sure takes the pressure off of a playoff series if you can get it done in the other team's arena.

DieMrBond
03-28-2012, 11:27 PM
What was the strength of schedule like tho?
Not meaning to be a Debbie Downer, but don't we have the easiest remaining schedule, in terms of teams under .500?

Either way, bloody exciting :D

TDMVPDPOY
03-28-2012, 11:33 PM
oi timvp get ur ass in here

has our defense improve from:
-start of the season to start of 12 game win streak
-what was the defensive rating during the 12 win streak
-what is the defensive rating for the last 14 games....

pop finished the kings with a good defensive lineup of our strongest lineup of td, kl, jax, ginoboli, tp for the last 5 mins....

GSH
03-28-2012, 11:39 PM
Not meaning to be a Debbie Downer, but don't we have the easiest remaining schedule, in terms of teams under .500?

In that stretch we beat:

PHX - playing good ball since ASB
OKC
DEN
POR
UTA
LAC
PHI
MEM (x2)

That's almost half playoff (or playoff caliber in PHX) teams. And the losses include the forfeit in Portland, and a 1 point loss in Dallas.

DieMrBond
03-28-2012, 11:46 PM
Shit, thats not too shabby - although, apart from OKC there isnt really an elite team which sucks.

I don't remember being this excited about a Spurs team in a long time... actually, yes I do - it was when we traded for RJ and I thought AWESOME! Worst basketball mistake ever.

TDMVPDPOY
03-28-2012, 11:50 PM
imagine if this was a 82 game season, we be peaking at the right time now

GSH
03-28-2012, 11:53 PM
Shit, thats not too shabby - although, apart from OKC there isnt really an elite team which sucks.

I don't remember being this excited about a Spurs team in a long time... actually, yes I do - it was when we traded for RJ and I thought AWESOME! Worst basketball mistake ever.

Winning road games, in general, is a lot tougher. (Even the best teams are going to drop some road games against inferior teams.) Winning road games against any playoff-bound team is just that much tougher. If you win 2/3 of your road games (.666) overall, you're doing pretty good. The Spurs are .789 on the road after that start.

I'm not arguing with you - they aren't elite teams except OKC. But 15-4 is still pretty impressive.

NRHector
03-28-2012, 11:55 PM

I might be wrong but I think there's 7 more games against teams below .500

Dr. John R. Brinkley
03-28-2012, 11:55 PM
How many elite teams are there in the league? 3? The Spurs are getting the job done. In fact, the lack of elite teams, one could argue, makes this season very wide open. At least in the West.

letmk
03-29-2012, 12:00 AM
We are 3rd best on road games behind Bulls and Thunder. Actually only 3 other Eastern teams have winning road record, and none in Western Conference. Considering that we started 0-6, this is more than amazing.

Splits
03-29-2012, 12:00 AM
We shot 49/91 or 54% from the field, including 10/20 from 3, on the road in the 5th game in 6 nights. And won all of them. This team is solid, I didn't feel at any point tonight did the Kings have a chance to beat us, despite them shooting lights out and a midget putting up a career high

rascal
03-29-2012, 04:48 AM
The Spurs are proving like last year to be a great regular season team.

GSH
03-29-2012, 11:08 AM

Last year the Spurs were 25-16 on the road (.609).

Worse, the 10-11 Spurs were just 4-8 on the road after February. This is not the same Spurs team as last year, by any means. They're playing better on the road, and they are improving going into the playoffs, rather than falling apart.

And they don't have Richard Jefferson.

Leetonidas
03-29-2012, 11:27 AM
Yeah the 2011 Spurs started to blow majorly after the ASB. I remember we were the first to 50 wins with like 10 losses or something last season and around February it all fell apart. Now it's almost April and the Spurs are rolling. I think they are peaking at the right time. Great teams can win on the road and the Spurs have show that opposing team's crowds don't bother them none.

benefactor
03-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Here's an interesting stat that should make home court even more valuable. There are only two teams in the WC that are above .500 on the road...the Thunder and the Spurs. Biggest road home disparity? The Lakers...15 of their 19 losses have been on the road.

benefactor
03-29-2012, 11:58 AM
You are reaching Fabbs/KBP/lebomb levels of dumbass. Please at least make an attempt at thinking about shit before you type it.

T Park
03-29-2012, 12:27 PM
You are reaching Fabbs/KBP/lebomb levels of dumbass. Please at least make an attempt at thinking about shit before you type it.

He's been at the level since 2004.

rascal
03-29-2012, 04:00 PM
We shot 49/91 or 54% from the field, including 10/20 from 3, on the road in the 5th game in 6 nights. And won all of them. This team is solid, I didn't feel at any point tonight did the Kings have a chance to beat us, despite them shooting lights out and a midget putting up a career high

Can't be taking 3 pt shots at that rate in the playoffs and expect to go very far.

rascal
03-29-2012, 04:02 PM

And you thought the Spurs were winning last year because they won 60+ games.

rascal
03-29-2012, 04:05 PM
Here's an interesting stat that should make home court even more valuable. There are only two teams in the WC that are above .500 on the road...the Thunder and the Spurs. Biggest road home disparity? The Lakers...15 of their 19 losses have been on the road.

The Playoffs are a different season. The Spurs are a great regular season team. The last two years have shown they are not built for playoff success.

And they still aren't. The frontline holes are still there( the same core frontline as last year) and will be exposed in the playoffs.

rascal
03-29-2012, 04:07 PM
He's been at the level since 2004.

I was posting since 2001 at the other spurs site.

hater
03-29-2012, 04:08 PM
The Playoffs are a different season. The Spurs are a great regular season team. The last two years have shown they are not built for playoff success.

And they still aren't. The frontline holes are still there( the same core frontline as last year) and will be exposed in the playoffs.

I have to agree that vs. teams like the Lakers, Grizz our frontline will get exposed. That is basic logic.

But the difference between now and last year is that we have immensely better role players (kawhi, jax, green) Hopefully vs. those teams our wings, guards and role players will balance it out.

Splits
03-29-2012, 04:44 PM
Can't be taking 3 pt shots at that rate in the playoffs and expect to go very far.

What? In the 2007 playoffs we averaged 19.7 3-point attempts per game.

Robz4000
03-29-2012, 05:35 PM
If it helps, against the Mavs and 76ers, the only true playoff teams among the win streak, the Spurs scored a majority of their points in the paint, and that was against top league defenses with a large amount of length (albeit Dallas was without Stevenson). I agree, though, that the front line depth may get exposed, but Diaw is showing to be a better defender than previously believed and a chance that Splitter may get back to where he was before his injuries.

benefactor
03-29-2012, 08:52 PM
And you thought the Spurs were winning last year because they won 60+ games.
Link to where I said that? I never once said I thought the Spurs could win the championship last season, Fabbillpanabomb.

maverick1948
03-29-2012, 10:01 PM
Actually we were 2-8 in the first 10 road games. 0-5 before taking down Orlando in OT. Since then, we are 13 - 2. Those 2 loses were to Portland in the give away game and to Dallas when Kidd and Terry were 7 of 9 from 3 pt line. Six days after that loss in Dallas, we destroyed the Mavericks in SA.

We have the 3rd best road record in the LEAGUE. If someone had told you, we would be 35 - 14 after starting 12 - 9, what would you have said? That is a record of 24-5 since Jan 29. Does anyone remember the 99 season? We started 6-8 and finished 31 - 5. Could this season be anymore more like that?

Mel_13
03-29-2012, 10:05 PM
Another remarkable road record fact:

The Spurs are on a streak of 14 consecutive seasons with a winning record on the road.

Second best?

Lakers, Celtics, and Magic tied with four.

Agloco
03-29-2012, 10:20 PM
Another remarkable road record fact:

The Spurs are on a streak of 14 consecutive seasons with a winning record on the road.

Second best?

Lakers, Celtics, and Magic tied with four.

Wow. Amazing.