PDA

View Full Version : Ric Rinner

Solid D
03-29-2012, 12:21 AM
Gotta give Fox Sports Southwest studio host RicRinner props. Even though he's a long-time Dallas/FW metroplex sports personality...and even though he gets paid to do what he does...and regardless of the dead hedgehog on his head, dude at least acts the part well. That of being a Spurs advocate and admirer. He even uses the "we" word. Goofy as he is, at least he is omni-effervescent and positive. I kind of like the guy.

:toast

crc21209
03-29-2012, 12:23 AM
I don't know what to think of the guy sometimes. I mean yeah you're right at least he acts the part. But I can't help but think in the back of my mind that he secretly hates the shit out of the Spurs....:lol

ElNono
03-29-2012, 12:30 AM
lol his hair

bigfan
03-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Reminds me of that goof Joe Fowler

Solid D
03-29-2012, 12:42 AM
And speaking of FoxSports SW...by no real fault of my own other than not hitting the mute button enough...I find that I have memorized the following:

"Rate hikes, the environment, it's a total mess. Then you got traffic, fast food.
But why eat fast food when you can roll with Genghis Kahn. Back in the day, one of the first things we'd do when we rolled into town was confiscate the best livestock...build our own bowl...in fact I've eaten children bigger than you. That's why we also go to The Brown Hand Center. As someone that has 47 wives, I can tell you that women like a guy that calls his own shots and at Genghis Grill, you do. That's where you get Salmonella...bubble wrap...puppy breath...awwww............and my cute neighbor Sarah. Sarah isn't really a girl. Its bacon. So, that's why, if you love bacon, make it official!"

Spurtacus
03-29-2012, 12:43 AM
And speaking of FoxSports SW...by no real fault of my own other than not hitting the mute button enough...I find that I have memorized the following:

"Rate hikes, the environment, it's a total mess. Then you got traffic, fast food.
But why eat fast food when you can roll with Genghis Kahn. Back in the day, one of the first things we'd do when we rolled into town was confiscate the best livestock...build our own bowl...in fact I've eaten children bigger than you. That's why we also go to The Brown Hand Center. As someone that has 47 wives, I can tell you that women like a guy that calls his own shots and at Genghis Grill, you do. That's where you get Salmonella...bubble wrap...puppy breath...awwww............and my cute neighbor Sarah. Sarah isn't really a girl. Its bacon. So, that's why, if you love bacon, make it official!"

:lol

crc21209
03-29-2012, 12:44 AM

:lol FSSW really needs to switch up the commercials. Awesome remix though! :tu :lol

timvp
03-29-2012, 12:47 AM
Ric is entertaining. He's obviously a Mavs fan but he's good for a grin if you don't take him too seriously. Yeah they're homers but I love the trio of Elliott, Land and Hedgehog Head.

joeyjfive
03-29-2012, 12:48 AM

Haha I remember one of the Browns hand center commercial had a white guy talking instead of the normal mexican dude. I was like wait a minute, something is wrong here. Those commercials have been beaten into my head.

Beanzamillion21
03-29-2012, 12:48 AM

That Budweiser commercial is the worst. :lmao

Solid D
03-29-2012, 12:52 AM
:lol FSSW really needs to switch up the commercials. Awesome remix though! :tu :lol

Thanks. I was in one of my creative moods.

TwelveGs210
03-29-2012, 01:19 AM
Do you guys remember Rick back when he was like three hundred lbs?

Solid D
03-29-2012, 01:54 AM
According to Ric's fb bio:

Fox Sports Southwest
Sports Anchor/Reporter
■WEAR, Pensacola,FLSports Director
■WRGB ALBANY, NYSports Director
■WJXX Jacksonville,FLsports Director
■WNAB NashvilleSports Anchor/Reporter
■KTVN Reno,NVSports Anchor/Reporter
■WLAJ Lansing,MISports Anchor/Reporter
■KATC Lafayette,LASports Anchor/Reporter
■KLAX Alexandria,LASports Director
■KLMG Longview,TXSports Director
■ESPN Blooper ShowHosted "Out of Bounds"

xtremesteven33
03-29-2012, 02:01 AM
Ric Renner is great. I love his over the top shtick. He over exaggerates and its hilarious. Him and Sean Elliott always try and get the best of each other on air.

Andrew monoco is the odd dude.

TheChillFactor
03-29-2012, 05:50 AM

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/citizen_cane.gif

Darkwaters
03-29-2012, 07:03 AM
Gotta give Fox Sports Southwest studio host RicRinner props. Even though he's a long-time Dallas/FW metroplex sports personality...and even though he gets paid to do what he does...and regardless of the dead hedgehog on his head, dude at least acts the part well. That of being a Spurs advocate and admirer. He even uses the "we" word. Goofy as he is, at least he is omni-effervescent and positive. I kind of like the guy.

:toast

?????????
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-PCVud1rr1Z8/Ti899JeLSoI/AAAAAAAAABA/fqpBvhXo5yQ/s1600/hedgehog.jpg

Dr. John R. Brinkley
03-29-2012, 07:15 AM
Renner is a genius. His schtick is transparent and you know what you're getting. Monaco weirds me out. He tries too hard. He actually seems faker than Renner. I find him creepy.

pgardn
03-29-2012, 07:18 AM
"My cute neighbor Sarah"

*Cue canned approval and whooping*

If I ever try to kill myself, it will be during this commercial.

And it will... feel good.

Obstructed_View
03-29-2012, 08:00 AM
Thanks to DVR and the mute button, I haven't had to sit through a commercial in years.

Phenomanul
03-29-2012, 08:06 AM
Thanks to DVR and the mute button, I haven't had to sit through a commercial in years.

This...

I was just telling my wife last night that I can't sit through a live game anymore... I keep wanting to press the "fast-forward" button through commercials, foul shots, and other "dead-ball" situations... I end up watching something else on my DVR queue and then speed through the fully recorded game...

Dex
03-29-2012, 08:16 AM

http://i.imgur.com/r7kXF.gif

Dex
03-29-2012, 08:19 AM
I think I'm gonna start a drinking game where I take a shot every time "My cute neighbor Sarah" airs during a Spurs game.

It was nice knowing all of you.

foodie2
03-29-2012, 08:25 AM

:rollin:rollin
OMG this is classic. I have my finger on the mute button at all times.

SKINNYPIMP210
03-29-2012, 08:33 AM

OMG! :lol :lmao

I just hit the mute button now during commercials.

Dr Cox
03-29-2012, 08:37 AM
Bill Land- "Ohhh Mamma!"

rude1_79
03-29-2012, 09:41 AM
what is the idea behind that bud commercial anyway. random bar chatter? i dont get it, its horrible.

Spurminator
03-29-2012, 09:46 AM
I couldn't stand Ric Renner, but I met him for a work thing and he was incredibly nice.

But, yeah, the hair.

Hooks
03-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Tbh the most annoying thing is that gay ass panic at the disco song that is ANNOYING, they play it during every damn spurs commercial meaning I've heard it at least a couple hundred times.

sa_butta
03-29-2012, 10:52 AM
what is the idea behind that bud commercial anyway. random bar chatter? i dont get it, its horrible.
Since when does everybody in one bar enter a conversation with one guy from across the room. Can't stand that commercial and it comes on way too much.

Spur|n|Austin
03-29-2012, 11:29 AM
Bill Land- "Ohhh Mamma!"

:lol

Spur|n|Austin
03-29-2012, 11:36 AM
I couldn't stand Ric Renner, but I met him for a work thing and he was incredibly nice.

But, yeah, the hair.

Not even just the hair, his watches, ties and all around get up is just plain cheesy. We get a good laugh watching him, but really he seems nice enough. Though like someone said earlier, I feel like deep down he's a big Mav's fan.

Dex
03-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Since when does everybody in one bar enter a conversation with one guy from across the room. Can't stand that commercial and it comes on way too much.

Since when does a bar serve NOTHING but Budweiser. Seems like a pretty shitty bar...

pgardn
03-29-2012, 06:17 PM

After the first 35,000 viewings this is what I got:

One older guy in the bar has swallowed a lime tree whole.
Random bar patrons follow his soured takes on life with youthful hopefulness.

cynic: Taxes
random optimist: the first kiss
cynic: maimed walruses bleeding internally
random optimist: clouds used as currency
cynic: getting your eyelid caught under the leg of a chair
random optimist: blue pools of water pixies
cynic: violent raping in dolphin pods

and on and on until the cynic finally breaks down and admits to some optimism. The entire bar, because they are bored pinheads, break into cheering and a nude parade ensues.

I just vomited up into my nose. Excuse me.

thispego
03-29-2012, 08:26 PM
I wanna punch the dude who says "facebook" in the face

TIMMYD!
03-29-2012, 08:49 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/409551_10150486051264674_505869673_8440659_2344823 00_n.jpg

Definitely a Mavs fan and not doing too bad in the wife department.

pgardn
03-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Wifey looks fairly exotic.

I will be nice and say cat-like.

The offspring... a hedgehog/lynx mix. Dont wanna think about it.