PDA

View Full Version : Bob Newhart

Insomniac
03-29-2012, 02:19 AM
Was flipping the channels and ran across the Bob Newhart show on the Hallmark channel. Had me laughing in no time.

Insomniac
03-29-2012, 02:26 AM
I forgot to mentnion that suzanne Pleschette was freakin' hot.

Giuseppe
03-29-2012, 06:00 AM
But, the additional characters were maddening. His next door neighbor (the airline pilot) made the show unwatchable. His secretary as well. And Peter Bonerz (the dentist) was almost as bad.

Though his patients were enjoyable.

cantthinkofanything
03-29-2012, 07:36 AM
But, the additional characters were maddening. His next door neighbor (the airline pilot) made the show unwatchable. His secretary as well. And Peter Bonerz (the dentist) was almost as bad.

Though his patients were enjoyable.

must not have been that unwatchable

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-29-2012, 08:50 AM
Clicked on this thread in a panic because I figured the only reason someone would start a thread about Bob out of the blue was unless he died.

Definitely a guy whose work stands the test of time, imo. My U.S. history teacher in high school played some of his old records on a few occasions. They would have at least 40 years old at that point, and still managed to both make her and a room full of 17 year olds laugh.

leemajors
03-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Clicked on this thread in a panic because I figured the only reason someone would start a thread about Bob out of the blue was unless he died.

Definitely a guy whose work stands the test of time, imo. My U.S. history teacher in high school played some of his old records on a few occasions. They would have at least 40 years old at that point, and still managed to both make her and a room full of 17 year olds laugh.

Comedy has changed a hell of a lot, but dude has some damn funny bits still.

RaZon
03-29-2012, 12:29 PM
If one thing has regressed it's television programming. The best shows are long gone.

Giuseppe
03-29-2012, 02:26 PM
If one thing has regressed it's television programming. The best shows are long gone.

We peaked early, 60 years ago.

OBI6R1mxipg

There was nowhere go but down.

JoeChalupa
03-29-2012, 02:53 PM
I like watching the old sitcoms. ^Classic!

cantthinkofanything
03-29-2012, 02:56 PM
I like watching old Mexicans. ^

Giuseppe
03-29-2012, 03:12 PM
I like watching the old sitcoms. ^Classic!

There is an episode of "The Honeymooners" where Ralph & Ed are moving the dresser (chest of drawers there in the kitchen). To make it lighter they remove the drawers, but, put them on top. It's done so naturally that it is arguably one of the funniest moments in television history.

There's another one where Ralph and Ed are at the kitchen table getting drunk on a bottle of wine. Turns out the wine is just grape juice swapped out by Alice. But, they pull it off so superbly that its a stunning moment.

RaZon
03-29-2012, 05:02 PM
We peaked early, 60 years ago.

OBI6R1mxipg

There was nowhere go but down.

Imagine a day with....

I Love Lucy
The Real McCoy's
Our Miss Brooks
Gunsmoke
Cheyenne
The Moonlighters
Flash Gordon
Bonanza
Have Gun Will Travel
Wanted Dead or Alive
The Twilight Zone
Ozzie & Harriet
Amos & Andy
The Three Stooges
Maverick
The Ed Sullivan Show
My Little Margie
The Rifleman

JoeChalupa
03-29-2012, 05:27 PM
I like watching old Mexicans. ^

Chico and the man?

RaZon
03-29-2012, 05:36 PM
Chico and the man?

The Cisco Kid

Giuseppe
03-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Imagine a day with....

I Love Lucy
The Real McCoy's
Our Miss Brooks
Gunsmoke
Cheyenne
The Moonlighters
Flash Gordon
Bonanza
Have Gun Will Travel
Wanted Dead or Alive
The Twilight Zone
Ozzie & Harriet
Amos & Andy
The Three Stooges
Maverick
The Ed Sullivan Show
My Little Margie
The Rifleman

Absolutely astounding.

And we thought it would just go on forever.