PDA

View Full Version : Details on the Mills and Diaw deals

Splits
03-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Linky (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/03/28/rookie-leonard-still-believes-in-kings%E2%80%99-fredette/)

Deal details: Specifics have emerged about the contracts signed by the two newest Spurs, Boris Diaw and Patrick Mills.

Diaw, a 6-foot-8 forward, is signed through the end of the season and will earn the pro-rated league minimum. Mills’ contract is also a minimum deal and has a player option for the 2012-13 season as well. If Mills opts in, the 6-foot guard would be fully guaranteed $885,120 next season.

Kinda surprised Diaw agreed to play for league minimum, he could have probably squeezed more out of another team but wants to win a 'chip with his BFF.

Didn't see it posted, please merge if it was.

Spurtacus
03-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Diaw wants to win a championship. I approve of players who value titles over money.

HeroSquad
03-29-2012, 02:55 PM
This has got to say something about Diaw's motivation issues that people brought up before we signed him, no?

timvp
03-29-2012, 03:05 PM
I'm guessing Diaw lost money between the buyout and only getting a minimum contract. In fact, I'd be pretty shocked if he didn't. Gotta like a guy even more who gave up money to join the Spurs :tu

As for Mills, it's good news that his deal is the minimum and not part of the MLE.

coachmac87
03-29-2012, 03:34 PM
What are the chances Diaw is re-signed this summer????

Blake
03-29-2012, 03:34 PM
No doubt he lost some cash in the move, but who the hell wants to miserably sit on the bench on one of the worst teams in basketball......especially when you know you still have game left in you and you have a shit at signing with a playoff team.

Blake
03-29-2012, 03:40 PM
What are the chances Diaw is re-signed this summer????

My guess is anywhere from decent to very good, but if I've read right, a lot of the contract dominoes will start to fall faster after Duncan gets re-signed..... ($12+ million?)

hater
03-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Dude is crashing at Parker's bachelor pad. Hopefully these fools are mature enough to not party too much as playoffs come along.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-29-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm beginning to think our best shot at retaining Boris IS to introduce him to whataburger and taqueria.breakfast tacos. Perhaps by giving him a taste of what makes SA so world renown fat will get him to stay, talking to him in a way that money cannot.

angelbelow
03-29-2012, 04:21 PM
Good for Boris. He appears to be a somewhere between a good/great/excellent fit and by the end of the season if he ends up being a great fit.. do we:
-Resign him and forsake Lorbek?
-Pursue Lorbek first and Diaw as a backup?
-Attempt to resign both with equal priority? (Risky because of limited money.)

Blake
03-29-2012, 04:21 PM
I'm beginning to think our best shot at retaining Boris IS to introduce him to whataburger and taqueria.breakfast tacos. Perhaps by giving him a taste of what makes SA so world renown fat will get him to stay, talking to him in a way that money cannot.

So we get him to stay by turning him into last years Dejuan.

Catch 22

sharkenleo
03-29-2012, 04:29 PM
Tony and Diaw have a better bromance than Lebron And Dwyane. :P