PDA

View Full Version : Championship Meter

coachmac87
03-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Tim Legler gave his "championship meter" on ESPN this morning. It pretty much rates the odds of teams winning the title 1-10. The segment I saw didn't even rate Chicago or the Spurs...not sure if they had another segment for them or what, but overall pretty surprising how these 2 teams get ZERO love by ESPN..even tho they have played very well with core pieces missing. But the teams he did rate were....

Dallas-2
Lakers-4
Heat-7
Thunder-8

If anyone saw the rating for the Spurs please post..if not what rating would you give??

Bartleby
03-29-2012, 02:56 PM
The Spurs go to 11

hater
03-29-2012, 02:57 PM
:lmao Tim Legler? seriously?

jestersmash
03-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Here's an 11 minute segment where Legler, Bayless, SAS discuss championship hopes as a whole -

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7746943

Skip is the only one to really defend the Spurs' chances of winning the west (although Skip things we'll lose in the finals to Miami).

Stephen A Smith thinks OKC will beat the Spurs to win the west but will lose to Miami in the Finals.

Tim Legler thinks Miami is being vastly overrated and is really a "top heavy" heavy team with 3 stars and a bunch of scrub players. I think he has OKC winning it all.

Sausage
03-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Yeah I saw that too. 5 wins in 6 nights, and no love from ESPN..

Oh well, that's just how the Spurs like it :)

jestersmash
03-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Oh, and Tim Legler's feels that James Harden is pretty much vastly underrated among the league. I'm somewhat inclined to agree.

Am I the only one who sees strong similarities between Harden and Ginobili? He's a 2-guard that can run the pick and roll at point beautifully. He can finishes around the rim well. He has knack for getting to the free throw line. He's a 3rd option on OKC coming off the bench in a "6th man role," even though he really plays starter minutes.

coachmac87
03-29-2012, 03:31 PM
How can you not mention the Bulls or Spurs??? I don't care if you give them each a 1. But to completely leave them out of the equation is bullshit...

DesignatedT
03-29-2012, 03:40 PM
They only did those 4 teams because those are the teams that are playing tonight on TNT. It was like a preview for tonights games to some degree.

coachmac87
03-29-2012, 03:46 PM
Here's an 11 minute segment where Legler, Bayless, SAS discuss championship hopes as a whole -

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7746943

Skip is the only one to really defend the Spurs' chances of winning the west (although Skip things we'll lose in the finals to Miami).

Stephen A Smith thinks OKC will beat the Spurs to win the west but will lose to Miami in the Finals.

Tim Legler thinks Miami is being vastly overrated and is really a "top heavy" heavy team with 3 stars and a bunch of scrub players. I think he has OKC winning it all.

Tim Legler asked are the Heat top 3 players better than they were year ago??? Has he not seen LeBron stats this season...*cough cough* MVP

ffadicted
03-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Oh, and Tim Legler's feels that James Harden is pretty much vastly underrated among the league. I'm somewhat inclined to agree.

Am I the only one who sees strong similarities between Harden and Ginobili? He's a 2-guard that can run the pick and roll at point beautifully. He can finishes around the rim well. He has knack for getting to the free throw line. He's a 3rd option on OKC coming off the bench in a "6th man role," even though he really plays starter minutes.

No, people have been making comparisons even before he was drafted

ex: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/James-Harden-1241/

Spur|n|Austin
03-29-2012, 04:04 PM

I don't think your the only one, considering I've heard that comparison on a couple of occasions.

HeroSquad
03-29-2012, 04:13 PM
No, people have been making comparisons even before he was drafted

ex: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/James-Harden-1241/

Haha, I love the "Worst Case: Jason Terry" bit.

Solid D
03-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Outside of FT shooting, the Bulls are the most complete team and they've got a bonafide super star closer (when healthy). They're scary good.

T Park
03-29-2012, 05:25 PM
Outside of FT shooting, the Bulls are the most complete team and they've got a bonafide super star closer (when healthy). They're scary good.

Agreed and the spurs almost beat them sans Diaw Parker Jackson and mills.

Would be IMO a 05 esque series...

jrodriguez.Nb.Tx
03-29-2012, 05:29 PM
tim legler is an idiot.

roycrikside
03-29-2012, 05:33 PM

Actually, Parker played. Manu was out (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=320229024).

As for the Harden-Manu comparison, I remember a pre-draft interview where Harden himself said he compares his game most to Manu's because they're both left-handed shooting guards and not quite as athletic as some of the other 2-guards out there. I do think, like Manu, Harden's athleticism is underrated. He surprises people with his quickness and leaping ability because he looks like an old man with that ridiculous beard. I think he does it on purpose. :lol

roycrikside
03-29-2012, 05:35 PM

Agree. The thing that makes them a nightmare is they're like the only team, besides Dallas, whose bench can compete with ours. Their second five is actually their best defensive unit, and if you remember that's why they beat us when we played head-to-head.

Miami, isn't as good, especially with their bench, however, they have a more imposing home-court advantage than Chicago.

roycrikside
03-29-2012, 05:39 PM
They only did those 4 teams because those are the teams that are playing tonight on TNT. It was like a preview for tonights games to some degree.

I think you have the right of it. As for the perceived "Spurs bashing," on ESPN, it's been discussed ad nauseam: They ignore/disrespect the Spurs because that's what Pop and Tim want. No NBA team makes it harder on the national media to get any access than the Spurs. They also get shitty ratings on TV. We don't cooperate with those guys and we don't exactly have to twist their arms to get them to not talk about us, so why would they?

And it's perfectly reasonable to expect Jon Barry to hate the Spurs. Blood is thicker than water. If I was in his situation, I would too.

Robz4000
03-29-2012, 05:39 PM

Leonard was also out for that game