PDA

View Full Version : Another B2B2B?

Reck
03-29-2012, 03:47 PM
So I was checking the schedule and I saw that teh Spurs are going to have to play 3 games in 3 nights again starting April 16.

Are every other team getting the same treatment as well?

Spurs schedule is grueling. They play a bunch of back to back with just 1 day rest.

3 2 back-to-backs with and just 7 days of rest in between from the Indiana game to the second back to back to back.

I guess the good side of this is that most of these games will be played at home so travel will be limited. Except for the 3 straight games.

DesignatedT
03-29-2012, 03:55 PM
I think the Lakers only had 1 b2b2b and it was the first three games of the season. I assume the rest of the league has had some tough stretches as well though.

jjktkk
03-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Thank god for the better depth this year. Definitely comes in handy with this crappy lockout schedule.

spectator
03-29-2012, 04:03 PM
i would choose the rest, instead of the wins

for instance, i would rest the starters on the 2nd b2b @uta and in the middle of the b2b2b @lal.

it is highly unlikely that the spurs would catch the bulls for the best record in the league, or the thunder for the best record in the west - even though they are just 2 losses away. just rest them pop.

Spursfan092120
03-29-2012, 05:53 PM
I think the Lakers only had 1 b2b2b and it was the first three games of the season. I assume the rest of the league has had some tough stretches as well though.

Yeah..I thought it was crap that LA got their's on the first 3 games...nice and healthy, no injuries, and not that important, considering there's still 63 games to overcome.

Dex
03-29-2012, 06:34 PM
IIRC, all teams were scheduled with one to three B2B2Bs. So yes...this is something that most the teams are dealing with...some even have it worse.

I'm sure it's a complete coincidence that the Lakers only got one and it was the first three games of the season. :rolleyes

FromWayDowntown
03-29-2012, 07:13 PM
Everyone has at least one back-to-back-to-back this season. Along with the Spurs, 11 other teams had two: Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indiana, LA Clippers, Minnesota, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland, and Washington.

Almost everyone has had at least one set of 5-in-6, but Utah, Houston, Indiana, Orlando, Golden State, LA Lakers, Miami, New York, Phoenix, Minnesota, and New Orleans did avoid that gauntlet in any form.

MB3//
03-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Sean was saying on the broadcast that it's actually beneficial to have the b2b2bs late in the season as opposed to the beginning of the season when the team hadn't had much time to play together.
The Lakers went 1-2 in their b2b2b so even if the league was trying to do them a favor, it backfired.

IronMaxipad
03-29-2012, 07:29 PM
Sean was saying on the broadcast that it's actually beneficial to have the b2b2bs late in the season as opposed to the beginning of the season when the team hadn't had much time to play together.
The Lakers went 1-2 in their b2b2b so even if the league was trying to do them a favor, it backfired.

Bynum was suspended for the first 4 games. League definitely did us a favor. :rolleyes