PDA

View Full Version : Nash "would definitely listen" if LeBron called

CubanMustGo
03-29-2012, 04:43 PM
Sigh ... can't blame the guy for wanting out of that situation in PHX, but even so ...

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/7752775/steve-nash-listen-miami-heat-free-agent

Phoenix Suns (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/phx/phoenix-suns) point guard Steve Nash (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/592/steve-nash), one of the top free agents this summer (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7695876/nba-early-look-top-free-agents-2012), joined the Dan Patrick Show (http://www.danpatrick.com/2012/03/29/steve-nash-talks-about-free-agency-kentucky-vs-nba-team/) this afternoon and made some comments that probably made ripples around the league.

"I'm not coming back to the Suns if there isn't improvement," Nash told Patrick.

Nash explained he's expecting the Suns to try to make those improvements, but that he's looking forward to becoming a free agent and deciding where to continue his career.

The hypothetical of LeBron James (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1966/lebron-james) asking Nash to join up in Miami for one last push at a championship was brought up.

"I would listen," Nash said. "He's phenomenal. I love what they're doing there. A lot of people don't like them because they put all that talent there. But they're professional, they play hard, they play together. Their coaching staff has done a great job, so I have a tremendous amount of respect for them.

"I would definitely listen."

It shouldn't surprise anyone the 38-year-old point guard without a world championship might be enticed by the idea of joining a contender that has, what many consider, a relative hole at the point guard slot.

Keeping the Heat in the conversation could be used as leverage in negotiations with other teams. But joining the Heat would mean that Nash would be leaving millions of dollars on the table.

The Heat won't have any salary-cap space next summer, so Nash would have to settle for the mid-level exception if he wanted to join the club.
Plenty of teams, including the Suns, could offer much more money than the Heat.

But for someone who has earned about $120 million during his career, sacrificing some money for winning a title might be palatable to Nash.

The 38-year-old Nash is averaging 12 points and 11 assists with a true shooting percentage (which incorporates 2-point shots, 3-point shots and free throw percentage together) of 62.7.

HarlemHeat37
03-29-2012, 05:52 PM
I don't completely buy the notion that Nash is currently a 100% driven on winning titles, tbh..I'd be surprised if he leaves Phoenix..I'll believe it when I see it..

Hopefully he has bigger balls than Grant Hill, tbh..

Goran Dragic
03-29-2012, 05:54 PM
I don't completely buy the notion that Nash is currently a 100% driven on winning titles
:lol don't buy the notion? Nash has done countless things to completely disprove the notion yet people still say stuff like :cryNash deserves a contender:cry

DMC
03-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Nash in Miami would be a huge problem for the rest of the NBA. However, he's happy just trotting along in Phoenix, having mediocre team seasons, but getting paid.

DPG21920
03-29-2012, 06:02 PM
:lol don't buy the notion? Nash has done countless things to completely disprove the notion yet people still say stuff like :cryNash deserves a contender:cry

:lol You don't even like basketball or the team you chose to root for so why does it make you mad?

Sure, he has made a lot of money, but he hasn't bitched or moaned or held his team hostage like a lot of other stars. Just because he didn't jump ship doesn't mean he hates winning.

NRHector
03-29-2012, 06:04 PM
is too late for Nash, if Nash calls would Lebron pick up the phone or just let the answering machine take the message?

DeadlyDynasty
03-29-2012, 06:09 PM
:lol You don't even like basketball or the team you chose to root for so why does it make you mad?

Sure, he has made a lot of money, but he hasn't bitched or moaned or held his team hostage like a lot of other stars. Just because he didn't jump ship doesn't mean he hates winning.

It doesn't mean he loves it, either...

coachmac87
03-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Not sure if that would work....Nash is a pick and roll pg. Don't see how him going to Miami makes basketball since. Honestly the Knicks make more since than Miami....

Giuseppe
03-29-2012, 06:13 PM
He's O & Career!!!

DMC
03-29-2012, 06:13 PM
I compare Nash to Kevin Love: Two talented players on teams where they find comfort is more important than winning a ring. They treat it like a career job, no reason to move for the same or less money just to be a piece of a championship team when they can be the franchise where they are, get crazy playing time and numbers and not be held to high standards.

DPG21920
03-29-2012, 06:15 PM
I agree he hasn't shown "he wants to win and that's all he cares about" but just because everyone now has a jaded sense of what "caring about winning" looks like, does not make it right.

Pulling a Kobe and saying you quit and you demand a trade and blah blah blah and living in a market where you can trade rape doesn't mean Kobe is so much more of a guy who loves winning. Kobe wasn't taking less money to help lure more people in, he had his cake and could eat it too.

Many others can't do that. Nash very well could take less money next year to play with a contender. I'm just saying I don't agree with hating on him like he's a bad dude because he didn't do what other shitty people have done and held his franchise hostage.

DMC
03-29-2012, 06:15 PM
Not sure if that would work....Nash is a pick and roll pg. Don't see how him going to Miami makes basketball since. Honestly the Knicks make more since than Miami....
You think Miami cannot run the pick and roll if they had Nash? They could run the fuck out of it. Imagine a pick and roll with that line up, who do you stop?

Giuseppe
03-29-2012, 06:17 PM
I agree he hasn't shown "he wants to win and that's all he cares about" but just because everyone now has a jaded sense of what "caring about winning" looks like, does not make it right.

Pulling a Kobe and saying you quit and you demand a trade and blah blah blah and living in a market where you can trade rape doesn't mean Kobe is so much more of a guy who loves winning. Kobe wasn't taking less money to help lure more people in, he had his cake and could eat it too.

Many others can't do that. Nash very well could take less money next year to play with a contender. I'm just saying I don't agree with hating on him like he's a bad dude because he didn't do what other shitty people have done and held his franchise hostage.

You got no room. Your Neal raped. Your Rodman quit.

Nash quit on Porter. Murdered him.

Jackson & Diaw quit and murdered their coaches. Pop rushed right over.

We're all in the same line now.

DPG21920
03-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Point is I am not going to sit here and act like Kobe cares so much more about winning than Nash. I don't think it's true. You bet your ass Kobe wasn't taking less money even if it meant losing.

The only guys right now that I think you can say cared more about winning than money are Lebron/Wade/Bosh/Tim/Dirk as they all took less money to either join up or help their teams add too.

Kobe just so happened to be able to get fully maxed out and still get assets to help win. Nash was doing the same thing but didn't have the market or owner that a guy like Kobe or most other super stars had.

Giuseppe
03-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Kobe just so happened to be able to get fully maxed out and still get assets to help win.

Stings, don't it?

coachmac87
03-29-2012, 06:20 PM
You think Miami cannot run the pick and roll if they had Nash? They could run the fuck out of it. Imagine a pick and roll with that line up, who do you stop?

You run pick and roll with Dwayne Wade and LeBron James??? Those guys need the ball in their hands to be effective.

Nash pick and roll with Amare&Chandler is more appealing IMO. Let's not forget when they are running that pick and roll you can't leave Melo on the wing....

DeadlyDynasty
03-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Point is I am not going to sit here and act like Kobe cares so much more about winning than Nash. I don't think it's true. You bet your ass Kobe wasn't taking less money even if it meant losing.

The only guys right now that I think you can say cared more about winning than money are Lebron/Wade/Bosh/Tim/Dirk as they all took less money to either join up or help their teams add too.

Kobe just so happened to be able to get fully maxed out and still get assets to help win. Nash was doing the same thing but didn't have the market or owner that a guy like Kobe or most other super stars had.

0 state income tax in FL:lmao

Goran Dragic
03-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Who said anything about money or Kobe? Nash is in a complete no pressure situation. He literally never gets blamed for losses. He gets to go out and shoot it around for 48 minutes every night without a care in the world. I'm not faulting him as he lives a great life, I'm faulting people for saying he cares about winning.

Giuseppe
03-29-2012, 06:29 PM
I'm not faulting him

Chickenshit.

Goran Dragic
03-29-2012, 06:41 PM
I'll change that.

I'm not faulting him as a human being, I am faulting him as a basketball player and competitor.

Giuseppe
03-29-2012, 06:48 PM
I'll change that.

I'm not faulting him as a human being, I am faulting him as a basketball player and competitor.

Father knows best.

Signed,

- Daddy

BUMP
03-29-2012, 06:51 PM
I compare Nash to Kevin Love: Two talented players on teams where they find comfort is more important than winning a ring. They treat it like a career job, no reason to move for the same or less money just to be a piece of a championship team when they can be the franchise where they are, get crazy playing time and numbers and not be held to high standards.

What makes you think that about Kevin Love?

ElNono
03-29-2012, 06:51 PM
Nash would fit great on the Spurs as a backup, tbh.. we use pick & roll 75% of the plays and he can't run like crazy for 48 mins anymore anyways....

Giuseppe
03-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Good to see Nash down in the caca.

NRHector
03-29-2012, 07:00 PM
Good to see Nash down in the caca.

that's Arizona for you nothing but caca

Latarian Milton
03-29-2012, 07:36 PM
Nash in Miami would be a huge problem for the rest of the NBA. However, he's happy just trotting along in Phoenix, having mediocre team seasons, but getting paid.

but im happy with what we've already got @ backcourt. we have chalmers and cole who're capable of getting shit well done @ PG so why the fuck do we need/want a TOSB that plays no D at all?

Killakobe81
03-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Nash will be in Dallas if Dwill doesnt go there.

Miami is not a bad fit and Im sure they would make it work. But adding another player that needs the ball makes little sense. Heat just need a serviceable offensive big man. Lebron is pretty much the PG anyways ...

100%duncan
03-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Take the Money Nash! Don't go to dem scumbag team.