View Full Version : Dennis Lindsey on the Ticket

Solid D
03-29-2012, 04:51 PM
On now

Solid D
03-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Summary:
Short interview by "Mike Taylor". Subjects discussed were:
Stephen Jackson - The Jax trade came together and happened late in the deadline. Although Stephen has had some issues, most coaches would love to have Jack on their team.

Boris Diaw - Spurs were able to get Boris because Charlotte is at a much different place than the Spurs in where they are and where they are going. Boris has a long history with TP and that relationship was key to signing Boris. Most personnel guys in NBA front offices always want more talent but some coaches aren't necessarily that way in wanting more, more, more. Pop was willing to add more talent.

Pop - What about the theory that Pop hates rookies. Lindsey says that theory is one of the greatest misnomers out there. Dennis says Pop DOES play young players. He may not give the young player all of the opportunities that the player wants but TP, Manu, Tim, DeJuan and others all received plenty of playing time in their first years. Playing time is determined by the players who mean the most to the team. (I assume Dennis meant that their level of play determines PT).

Coach of the Year candidate in Pop? - Dennis said he works with 2 HOFers in Pop and RC. Lots of years RC and Pop have been the best.

Then the interview abruptly took a left turn and went Mike started talking about personal stuff like Lindsey marrying the daughter of former TCU football coach FA Dry. Baylor football and finally another Ft. Worth area football player and mutual acquaintance, Matt Pantho of Ft. Worth area Crowley H.S.

Not much said...R.C. must be so proud.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-29-2012, 06:07 PM
So Mike Taylor preferred to spend half of the interview talking about something other than the Spurs. How unusual. :rolleyes

Beanzamillion21
03-29-2012, 06:08 PM
I don't get why Taylor gets so much bash in this town. I know he gets carried away with his Cowboys segments but I think he does good work. By far best talk radio in SA. He has also been doing a lot more 5 o'clock Spurs segments, which makes the drive home much easier.

housious
03-29-2012, 06:48 PM
I don't get why Taylor gets so much bash in this town. I know he gets carried away with his Cowboys segments but I think he does good work. By far best talk radio in SA. He has also been doing a lot more 5 o'clock Spurs segments, which makes the drive home much easier.

This. His show is much more entertaining than the snoozefest on 1250.

TDMVPDPOY
03-29-2012, 07:39 PM

his better then that other clown mcdonald

Spursfan092120
03-29-2012, 08:02 PM
So Mike Taylor preferred to spend half of the interview talking about something other than the Spurs. How unusual. :rolleyes
Not sure where in the OP you get that he spent half the interview talking about something other than the Spurs. I heard it as well. Almost all of it was about the Spurs..just in the end did the subject get changed, because Mike happened to read the guy's bio. If you've been listening to Taylor at all, you'd know he's pretty stoked about the Spurs right now. Very confident, but trying not to be overconfident.

Agreed 100%. I'm really starting to like him.

This. His show is much more entertaining than the snoozefest on 1250.
Not the same without Duel, tbh. Taylor is still better than Duel/Minnix, though.

my2sons
03-29-2012, 09:23 PM
...and he manages to talk about the dallas ftworth area....

Mark in Austin
03-29-2012, 09:51 PM
I can't believe that the talent level is so thin that Taylor is the best they can do. But apparently it is.

It wouldn't bother me if he spent time talking about other SA sports stories. But the amount of time he spends talking about himself and the metroplex is unacceptable to me. I'd rather listen to the national guys.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-30-2012, 12:28 AM
So what you guys think hes funny? You like that drawl and constant commentary of the Dallas area? Sometimes the jokes on you.

gospursgojas
03-30-2012, 03:00 AM
"yeah spurs an stuff...4 world champion ....Tim, Tony......Manu......but fort worth, fort worth....ain't it something?..........puro holmes"

-taylor

timvp
03-30-2012, 09:01 AM
Dennis said he works with 2 HOFers in Pop and RC.

I had never thought of RC being a Hall of Famer. I don't really know the precedence off the top of my head. To make it, I would think RC would need to successfully rebuild the Spurs after Duncan/Pop are gone. But if he sticks around ~15 more years and there's anything resembling a rebuilt championship core, then yeah I can see the case for RC.

Solid D
03-30-2012, 09:45 AM
I had never thought of RC being a Hall of Famer. I don't really know the precedence off the top of my head. To make it, I would think RC would need to successfully rebuild the Spurs after Duncan/Pop are gone. But if he sticks around ~15 more years and there's anything resembling a rebuilt championship core, then yeah I can see the case for RC.

I would agree. You don't typically see the business and personnel side, those not directly influencing the games played on the court, in the Basketball HOF. It's not the NBA HOF.

With that said, RC deserves credit for his role in the success of the Spurs franchise. Pushing Pop to look at TP for that second workout. Deciding to keep Ginobili and dumping Gordan Giricek (drafted 17 picks earlier) when there was only room for one of them on the roster. Those are examples of decisions he got "right" that have had a lasting effect. (***cough***Scola***cough***).

SenorSpur
03-30-2012, 10:18 AM
Then the interview abruptly took a left turn and went Mike started talking about personal stuff like Lindsey marrying the daughter of former TCU football coach FA Dry. Baylor football and finally another Ft. Worth area football player and mutual acquaintance, Matt Pantho of Ft. Worth area Crowley H.S.

Not much said...R.C. must be so proud.

This is EXACTLY why Mike Taylor is the D-Bag of San Antonio Sports Talk radio - and the reason I no longer punch up his show. The guy should never be allowed to do interviews.

bigfan
03-30-2012, 10:24 AM
As a hardcore lifelong Spurs fan I have to say there is only one "Ticket" and that is KTCK in Dallas.