PDA

View Full Version : DHS Buying 450 MILLION NEW BULLETS!

GSH
03-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Don't you feel a lot more secure knowing that the Department of Homeland Security feels like they need 450 Million additional bullets? I know I do. (Of course, that doesn't count their open order for 175 Million additional rounds of .223 rifle ammunition.) And not just any bullets - these are specifically designed to pass through a car door and then expand when they hit a body. Good times. http://www.businessinsider.com/us-immigration-agents-are-loading-up-on-as-many-as-450-million-new-rounds-of-ammo-2012-3

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and its Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) office is getting an "indefinite delivery" of an "indefinite quantity" of .40 caliber ammunition from defense contractor ATK.

U.S. agents will receive a maximum of 450 million rounds over five years, according to a press release on the deal.

The high performance HST bullets are designed for law enforcement and ATK says they offer "optimum penetration for terminal performance."

This refers to the the bullet's hollow-point tip that passes through barriers and expands for a bigger impact without the rest of the bullet getting warped out of shape: "this bullet holds its jacket in the toughest conditions."

Before he was elected, Obama said, "We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded." At the time, I didn't know he was talking about DHS. I wonder what color their shirts will be?

Can you imagine how loudly the wingnuts would be screaming if a Republican President was arming the DHS with 450 Million additional bullets? The cries of "police state" and "stormtroopers" would be all over the social media and network news. But this? This they won't even acknowledge. Move along, folks. Nothing to see here. DHS is just expecting 20 million terrorists, and they want to be able to shoot them 20 times each. It's arms proliferation vs the Russians or Chinese you should be worried about.

Sec24Row7
03-29-2012, 09:23 PM
1 for each of us with about 70% accuracy.

GSH
03-29-2012, 09:55 PM
What, no chorus from the moonbats about how this is really no big deal? Nobody wants to tell me how it's really necessary for DHS to have an extra half a billion bullets, if Obama says so?

Everybody's bitching about budget cuts, but DHS seems to have plenty of money. That's okay with you, too?

Spurminator
03-29-2012, 10:26 PM
What, no chorus from the moonbats about how this is really no big deal? Nobody wants to tell me how it's really necessary for DHS to have an extra half a billion bullets, if Obama says so?

Everybody's bitching about budget cuts, but DHS seems to have plenty of money. That's okay with you, too?

You're right, I can't think of a single time anyone on this board has argued that we spend too much on weapons.

GSH
03-29-2012, 10:34 PM
You're right, I can't think of a single time anyone on this board has argued that we spend too much on weapons.

I don't see anybody bitching about THIS weapon purchase. You managed to deflect, rather than comment directly.

Spurminator
03-29-2012, 10:39 PM
What do you expect?

This isn't Reddit or Facebook. You're not going to get a bunch of "likes." If you don't get many responses, it's probably because not many people find what you posted to be disagreeable.

It's a ridiculous investment.

Spurminator
03-29-2012, 10:39 PM
double post

coyotes_geek
03-29-2012, 10:41 PM
Meh. They probably went to Costco where shit like that just happens. I'm still working on a 5 gallon tub of mayonnaise I bought back in 2004.

jack sommerset
03-30-2012, 12:03 AM
I'm pretty sure if gun powder stays dry in bullets it does not have a expiration date. Buying in bulk saves, good purchase. God bless.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2012, 03:08 AM
Had GSH railed against the DHS when it was formed, he may have a point.

Winehole23
03-30-2012, 03:50 AM
bullets for (hypothetical, right?) imperial stormtroopers; hedging against *foreseeable* contingencies, such as massive social breakdown?

GSH
03-30-2012, 08:54 AM
Had GSH railed against the DHS when it was formed, he may have a point.

DHS and the Patriot Act. I railed against both. And I do have a point.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2012, 10:23 AM
DHS and the Patriot Act.Link to your railing against DHS?

Thanks in advance.

Spurminator
03-30-2012, 11:15 AM
They're just stocking up in preparation for Obama's ban on bullet sales, really.

TeyshaBlue
03-30-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm still working on a 5 gallon tub of mayonnaise I bought back in 2004.

This explains alot.

coyotes_geek
03-30-2012, 11:51 AM
This explains alot.

What's a little dain bramage when you're saving money?

Sec24Row7
03-30-2012, 12:29 PM
Maybe 70% accuracy was a little optimistic... our highly trained military soldiers apparently need 250,000 rounds to kill 1 insurgent...

http://jonathanturley.org/2011/01/10/gao-u-s-has-fired-250000-rounds-for-every-insurgent-killed/

We just better hope we aren't attacked by more than 1800 people.

TeyshaBlue
03-30-2012, 01:17 PM
What's a little dain bramage when you're saving money?

Prerequisite for a senatorial campaign, tbh.

GSH
03-30-2012, 01:40 PM
Link to your railing against DHS?

Thanks in advance.

I never posted on this political forum until a few weeks ago. Said so in my first post. I know it's hard for you to understand, Chump, but ST isn't the center of the rest of our lives.

Stop being such a logicphobe.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2012, 01:49 PM
I never posted on this political forum until a few weeks ago. Said so in my first post. I know it's hard for you to understand, Chump, but ST isn't the center of the rest of our lives.

Stop being such a logicphobe.So you never posted anywhere else?

Was your railing just an internal monologue? Idle bitching? Strongly worded email? March on Washington?

Let us know.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2012, 01:49 PM
And what ultimately do you think is the result of all this you have been railing against for a full decade?

GSH
03-30-2012, 02:02 PM
So you never posted anywhere else?

Was your railing just an internal monologue? Idle bitching? Strongly worded email? March on Washington?

Let us know.

Make sit up, and then shoot it down. It's called a "straw man" argument. You're like an encyclopedia of logical fallacies (or logical phallusies).

You also like to deflect, when you know you're on the wrong side of the original argument. Maybe that works to keep mom from kicking you out of her basement. But it's not much value in the grownup world.

DHS doesn't need to be buying half a billion bullets. Your bullshit is just smoke and mirrors.

Now... dance, puppet, dance.

clambake
03-30-2012, 02:06 PM
hey, you're the one who said you knew all along.

i can tell you the winner of the superbowl.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2012, 02:08 PM
Make sit up, and then shoot it down. It's called a "straw man" argument. You're like an encyclopedia of logical fallacies (or logical phallusies).

You also like to deflect, when you know you're on the wrong side of the original argument. Maybe that works to keep mom from kicking you out of her basement. But it's not much value in the grownup world.

DHS doesn't need to be buying half a billion bullets. Your bullshit is just smoke and mirrors.

Now... dance, puppet, dance.No, I asked you rather direct questions about your past railing and what you think the end game is, if any. You brought this up for a reason -- what is it? Just to say they don't need that many bullets? Seems like a waste of time.

My mother is dead btw, but thanks for the personal attack. Seems like you're the puppet now.

GSH
03-30-2012, 02:28 PM
No, I asked you rather direct questions about your past railing and what you think the end game is, if any. You brought this up for a reason -- what is it? Just to say they don't need that many bullets? Seems like a waste of time.

My mother is dead btw, but thanks for the personal attack. Seems like you're the puppet now.

So what is your point for posting any of the things you post on here? Are you changing the world, one infantile post at a time? Shouldn't you be out protesting, or campaigning?

Don't deflect. Tell me what your point is. Becasue nearly every one of your posts sound like a sixth grader in a cutdown contest. I've heard that you're just not capable of writing anything longer than a couple of sentences, without boring people to death, so you stick to short, juvenile cliches. But I think there must be some other reason.

Jump, puppet, jump.

clambake
03-30-2012, 02:31 PM
talk about deflect.

GSH
03-30-2012, 02:37 PM
hey, you're the one who said you knew all along.

i can tell you the winner of the superbowl.

Ummm.... what?

ChumpDumper
03-30-2012, 03:23 PM
So what is your point for posting any of the things you post on here? Are you changing the world, one infantile post at a time? Shouldn't you be out protesting, or campaigning?

Don't deflect. Tell me what your point is. Becasue nearly every one of your posts sound like a sixth grader in a cutdown contest. I've heard that you're just not capable of writing anything longer than a couple of sentences, without boring people to death, so you stick to short, juvenile cliches. But I think there must be some other reason.

I'm a jumping puppet!I asked you direct questions in plain English.

Why are you deflecting? If you are afraid to answer, just say so.

Or do your deflection dance, puppet. Whatever.

MannyIsGod
03-30-2012, 03:39 PM

I don't see anybody bitching about THIS weapon purchase. You managed to deflect, rather than comment directly.

Stop being such a logicphobe.

:lol

Sometimes Spurstalk really delivers.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2012, 03:46 PM
:lol

Sometimes Spurstalk really delivers.Oh shit, he's going to dance for you now.

Winehole23
03-30-2012, 04:16 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost...7&postcount=45 (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=78197&postcount=45)

just a lil historygreat thread, hemann82 :tu

(FWD was the regulator in chief by my reading...)

GSH
04-01-2012, 12:43 AM
I was at a charity gala tonight, and a guy brought this up. I mentioned that it was strange that the people on the left don't seem to have a problem with it. His comment - "If they found out that the Army was buying half a billion paper clips, they would have a fit. Or half a billion rolls of toilet paper. But a half billion bullets for DHS they don't question. It's the ultimate cult of personality." I thought - shit, he's right.

The funny thing? He's a big Democrat. And probably every one of you from SA knows who he is.

Blake
04-01-2012, 02:02 AM
did it not occur to you there is no uproar because they understand the majority of those bullets will probably be fired off in practice rounds?

There is also no guarantee that they will purchase the max order of 450 million.

TDMVPDPOY
04-01-2012, 02:31 AM
whats the chances of DHS directors owning shares in tha ATK company?...

ChumpDumper
04-01-2012, 03:00 AM
I was at a charity gala tonight, and a guy brought this up. I mentioned that it was strange that the people on the left don't seem to have a problem with it. His comment - "If they found out that the Army was buying half a billion paper clips, they would have a fit. Or half a billion rolls of toilet paper. But a half billion bullets for DHS they don't question. It's the ultimate cult of personality." I thought - shit, he's right.Whose personality?

Winehole23
04-01-2012, 03:10 AM
http://riverbend2000.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/JanetNapolitano-480x250.jpg