PDA

View Full Version : Shaving your head

Spurtacus
03-29-2012, 09:48 PM
So I'm balding and hate myself when I look in the mirror. Any tips on the best razor/cream/lotion?

Spurtacus
03-29-2012, 09:52 PM
http://compare.ebay.com/like/190651324118?_lwgsi=y&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

I'm white.

Frenzy
03-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Do men losing their hair envy men with a full head of hair?

DeadlyDynasty
03-29-2012, 09:58 PM
Unless you have an oddly shaped head or you're really fat and pasty white, you should be able to pull it off.

Spurtacus
03-29-2012, 10:00 PM
Unless you have an oddly shaped head or you're really fat and pasty white, you should be able to pull it off.

Friends and coworkers say I could pull it off but I've been hesistant. With summer coming around I figure now is a good time to try it.

RaZon
03-29-2012, 10:02 PM
I have been doing this for about the last 10 years. I shave my head then let it grow until it's so long it bugs me, then shave it again then let it grow.................

Spurtacus
03-29-2012, 10:08 PM
racist ass honky

it's shaving powder to shave your HEAD with cracka

it don't matter if you're black or white HOOOO

then why does the ebay seller state for black men? Maybe he doesn't want white people buying his shit.

TDMVPDPOY
03-29-2012, 11:08 PM
hey man im in the same seat as you OP

either you shave it off or cut it real short...

leaving ur hair long, everytime u comb it...just pulls out the hair more losing more

Slydragon
03-30-2012, 05:10 AM
So I'm balding and hate myself when I look in the mirror. Any tips on the best razor/cream/lotion?

I'm white.

Manu?

benefactor
03-30-2012, 05:47 AM
I actually use an electric and it works great...but not all electrics are created equal. I use a Braun Series 3 and it gets it all the way to the skin.

If you want to kinda get an idea about how it will look start by buzzing it off with a 1 or 2 guard.

lebomb
03-30-2012, 07:29 AM
Meh, its not a big deal. Ive been bald for years. I either use a razor every 2-3 days, or use my balding clippers......which does not go completely bald. It kinda leaves an after 5 shadow. I can tell ya one thing......its low maintenance

The girls love it QF...........they always rub on my dome. :hat

Cane
03-30-2012, 10:27 AM
Wear some suntan lotion on your head for the first week so your pale head doesn't burn up

lebomb
03-30-2012, 11:14 AM
And mix any excess lotion with your tears to :jack on the couch when you are lonely at home................... :cry

lefty
03-30-2012, 12:34 PM
Some fucking Nivea for Men shave gel
Some fucking l'Oreal Men Max aftershave balm, shit has SPF 15

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-30-2012, 01:20 PM
ZUG9qYTJMsI

Call these guys.

leemajors
03-30-2012, 02:15 PM
I actually use an electric and it works great...but not all electrics are created equal. I use a Braun Series 3 and it gets it all the way to the skin.

If you want to kinda get an idea about how it will look start by buzzing it off with a 1 or 2 guard.

Every electric I have ever had pulled the hairs under my chin and they came back ingrown, I hated it. I just hate shaving, period, and haven't done it at all for 7 months.

As far as the OP goes, buy yourself a pair of clippers and use the one guard or no guard. Then shave it down with a razor if you're comfortable with it. Just make sure and sunscreen your head if you're gonna be out in the sun, sunburned skull sucks ass. I have a full head of hair but usually go with a 1-2 guard at all times cause it's fucking hot with more than an inch of hair on my head. Strangely enough, the beard that reaches my collarbone has no effect on how hot I feel.

Spurtacus
04-01-2012, 12:23 AM
Manu?

Black hair, yes. But I've lost hair on the front but hair thinning all over.

Nathan Explosion
04-01-2012, 08:02 AM
I'd give you some advice, but my hair reaches my chin. Also, the poster talking about how his dad has a full head of hair, that doesn't matter. Look at the men on your mom's side because she's carrying the baldness gene.

In my family, my older brother has a thick head of hair, mine thinned out a bit but seems to have stopped, and my younger brother has the thinnest hair of us all.

benefactor
04-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Every electric I have ever had pulled the hairs under my chin and they came back ingrown, I hated it. I just hate shaving, period, and haven't done it at all for 7 months.

I've had them that did this too...but that's why I said all are not created equal. I hate having to shave with a razor so after doing a little research I went ahead and dropped some cash on the Braun. Well worth the investment. Goes all the way to the skin on both my head and face and the only time it starts pulling is when it's time to change the blades, which I do once a year.

DMC
04-01-2012, 08:15 PM
I have been doing this for about the last 10 years. I shave my head then let it grow until it's so long it bugs me, then shave it again then let it grow.................
Do you keep a lock of it with a yellow ribbon around it so you can look back in a few years and have a good cry? You're such a sensitive troll fuck.

mavs>spurs
04-01-2012, 08:32 PM
I'd give you some advice, but my hair reaches my chin. Also, the poster talking about how his dad has a full head of hair, that doesn't matter. Look at the men on your mom's side because she's carrying the baldness gene.

In my family, my older brother has a thick head of hair, mine thinned out a bit but seems to have stopped, and my younger brother has the thinnest hair of us all.

the bullshit about the moms father is a myth, look it up. many factors actually go into it and the father and fathers father are some of the factors. my moms dad is bald and passed it on to one of his sons but not the other. if the moms dad thing were true, then my uncle would have a full head of hair but he inherited the baldness from his father. they also say that lefthanded people rarely go bald for some reason.

DMC
04-01-2012, 10:26 PM
the bullshit about the moms father is a myth, look it up. many factors actually go into it and the father and fathers father are some of the factors. my moms dad is bald and passed it on to one of his sons but not the other. if the moms dad thing were true, then my uncle would have a full head of hair but he inherited the baldness from his father. they also say that lefthanded people rarely go bald for some reason.

All people rarely go bald. Most only do it once in their lifetime tbh.

dirk4mvp
04-01-2012, 11:38 PM
white dudes going bald should be rocking the horseshoe. Slick bald heads are for negros.

Sisk
04-02-2012, 12:01 AM
http://www.headblade.com/

Spurtacus
04-02-2012, 07:56 PM
http://www.headblade.com/

I've read mixed results.

benefactor
04-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Yup...a guy at my work used a headblade and came in with a huge cut on his head. He'd been shaving his head with a regular razor for years before that.

Soul_Patch
04-04-2012, 09:50 AM
I have been shaving my remaining hair for almost a decade now. Started with the mach3 now my wife recently bought me that 5 bladed vibrating battery powered razor. Thing is awesome. I usually do it every other day in the shower before work.

BlairForceDejuan
04-04-2012, 12:51 PM
If you are over 13 you need to step up your game sons.

http://i2.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/250/draft_lens1895127module150726893photo_1321474129be stsafetyrazor.jpg

lefty
04-04-2012, 12:54 PM
If you are over 13 you need to step up your game sons.

http://i2.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/250/draft_lens1895127module150726893photo_1321474129be stsafetyrazor.jpg
That's for 80 y/o people TBH

BlairForceDejuan
04-04-2012, 01:32 PM
That's for 80 y/o people TBH

That's what I thought! until I saw the light two years ago at the age of 23. You spend ~$40 on a good stainless steel double edge safety blade and it last you an entire lifetime. It does a much better job than those ridiculous marketing gimmick 4, no 5, no 6, no 7, no 8, no 25 blade Mach plastic throwaway blades. Not to mention pressurized chemical heavy shaving "cream" in a can is weaksauce compared to legit shaving cream/soap used with a badger hair brush.

Once you get the $40 blade, the $10 badger hair brush, $5 dollar cream/soap that's been around for 50+ years because it's proven, a soap bowl (cheap), and a razor/brush stand (cheap) you are good to go FOR LIFE. Just replace the brush and buy new razor blades (cents/ea).

These old man razors shave close, never cut you if you have brain cells, and the brush + cream/soap helps lift up the hairs to prevent irritation/ingrowns. I never found an electric that would cut close but I never bought the $100+ ones.

Seriously, those ridiculous multiblade plastic razors are 100% gimmick contrived by companies to get you buying new razors every few weeks.

Spurtacus
04-04-2012, 02:34 PM
So I did it. I'm liking the results. Luckily I don't have sensitive skin and with my hair being black I don't seem fully bald or shaved.

I did some research and found that Schick Hydro 5 was just as good as the Gilette Fusion but cheaper replacement blades (like half the cost). The Hydro razor blade has aloe vera.

So my HEB run was...

Schick Hydro 5 Power Select razor with one cartridge
8 count cartridges
Nivea Post Shave Balm

$36 for everything. Sure beats paying $10-15 for a haircut every two weeks to a month.