PDA

View Full Version : Shaq says Spurs

maverick1948
03-30-2012, 12:19 AM
are #1 in the West ahead of OKC because of experience.

VBM
03-30-2012, 12:21 AM
He's jinxing them. Doesn't want Timmy to hit 5.

Fpoonsie
03-30-2012, 12:22 AM
He's an idiot.

It means absolutely nothing.

hater
I think he'd rather Timmy ring 5 than Kobe 6

I was gonna agree since Spurs are bad matchup for OKC. but they looked damn scary tonight. Durant didn't even have to work hard

Spur|n|Austin
are #1 in the West ahead of OKC because of experience.

Shaq also says:

I am... Kazaam!

http://www.nicekicks.com/wp/files/2011/06/shaq-lead-620.jpeg

TE
03-30-2012, 12:23 AM
Jinx statement.

SenorSpur
03-30-2012, 12:23 AM
Even when Shaq is picking the Spurs, I STILL cannot stand to hear him talk. He usually has no factual evidence to backup his "adolescent" thoughts, he's certainly not funny and is dumb as a rock.

I'm not saying he's incorrect about the Spurs, but the fact the he's picking them doesn't impress me at all. The guy is a flat-out terrible analyst and I turn the channel anytime he's on.

I'd feel a lot better if this opinion came from some other more ccredible NBA analyst.

100%duncan
03-30-2012, 12:24 AM
He jinxes teams for free.

Spurs da champs
03-30-2012, 12:25 AM
Even when Shaq is picking the Spurs, I STILL cannot stand to hear him talk. He usually has no factual evidence to backup his "adolescent" thoughts, he's certainly not funny and is dumb as a rock.

I'm not saying he's incorrect about the Spurs, but the fact the he's picking them doesn't impress me at all. The guy is a flat-out terrible analyst and I turn the channel anytime he's on.

I'd feel a lot better if this opinion came from some other credible NBA analyst.

I agree but man Dennis Scott is by far the worst.

VBM
03-30-2012, 12:27 AM
Brent Barry looks so sad

Libri
03-30-2012, 12:29 AM

I'd feel a lot better if this opinion came from some other more ccredible NBA analyst.

Magic has stated the same thing about the Spurs but contrary to Shaq, Earvin has offered more cogent arguments.

jrodriguez.Nb.Tx
03-30-2012, 12:29 AM
Shaq also says:

I am... Kazaam!

http://www.nicekicks.com/wp/files/2011/06/shaq-lead-620.jpeg

:lol

DAF86
03-30-2012, 12:31 AM
I loved he he said: "I still like coach Pop, Ginobili (looks at Brent) ... and the big fundamental to win the West" :lol

Robz4000
03-30-2012, 01:13 AM
I think he'd rather Timmy ring 5 than Kobe 6

I was gonna agree since Spurs are bad matchup for OKC. but they looked damn scary tonight. Durant didn't even have to work hard
Nah, Lakers are just that bad. Both Harden and Durant (not quite as much by the end of the game) had bad nights. Kobe went into chuck mode, Sessions is getting exposed more and more, and Gasol was in foul trouble the entire second half. Both teams looked beatable to me tonight tbh. Though, if they unleash Bynum in the playoffs, everybody better watch the fuck out.

Arcadian
03-30-2012, 01:24 AM
He's jinxing them. Doesn't want Timmy to hit 5.

Good thing jinxing doesn't exist and is superstitious nonsense.

The ADMIRAL 50
03-30-2012, 01:29 AM
I loved he he said: "I still like coach Pop, Ginobili (looks at Brent) ... and the big fundamental to win the West" :lol
:lmao
:rollin
great catch I wish I had seen that, that had to be pretty hilarious

Man In Black
03-30-2012, 01:31 AM
Since the Sonics bailed for OKC and became the Thunder, the Spurs have beaten them 10 out of 14 times.

So...why are they considered the favorites to win the West again?

jrodriguez.Nb.Tx
03-30-2012, 01:34 AM

Cuff yo chickkk
:p:

gambit1990
03-30-2012, 01:49 AM

i actually thought he was gonna be a good analyst--or at least funny--but he's neither of the two.

i miss c-webb & gary payton on inside the nba.

SenorSpur
03-30-2012, 02:27 AM
i actually thought he was gonna be a good analyst--or at least funny--but he's neither of the two.

i miss c-webb & gary payton on inside the nba.

I've got a secret to share...Shaq was never funny from the gitgo. It jsut seemed to that NBA beat writers, analysts and a faction of uniformed fans simply thought he was because was just a big, immature, fun-loving goofball. Make no mistake, he was never funny.

Now that he's on camera, he now has a national platform to expose his cartoon mind and juvenile opinions - and that's not a good thing for ratings.

Proxy
03-30-2012, 02:34 AM
haha, you guys are petty. The comments that Shaq doesn't know shit are going too far... he played on a lot of teams as a great player of the post-mj generation... I'm sure he knows his shit even if he isn't articulate enough to communicate it.

OZspurs
03-30-2012, 04:35 AM
can't believe both Dennis Scott and Shaq are sooooo fat. man, these guys need to work out

Fireball
03-30-2012, 05:08 AM
haha, you guys are petty. The comments that Shaq doesn't know shit are going too far... he played on a lot of teams as a great player of the post-mj generation... I'm sure he knows his shit even if he isn't articulate enough to communicate it.

agree ... and he can be pretty funny

100%duncan
03-30-2012, 05:38 AM
can't believe both Dennis Scott and Shaq are sooooo fat. man, these guys need to work out

That out of topic shit made me :lol

Obstructed_View
03-30-2012, 06:57 AM
Shaq's improving as an analyst, but I still feel sorry for everyone that has to work with him. Not all that impressed with any of his takes so far.

pgardn
03-30-2012, 07:27 AM
Nah, Lakers are just that bad. Both Harden and Durant (not quite as much by the end of the game) had bad nights. Kobe went into chuck mode, Sessions is getting exposed more and more, and Gasol was in foul trouble the entire second half. Both teams looked beatable to me tonight tbh. Though, if they unleash Bynum in the playoffs, everybody better watch the fuck out.

Bit by bit Bynum is revealing his juvenile side.

Its possible he may be a little Me baby boy. Cant figure where he got that from.

Park in that handicap spot.
Let little Jose get under the skin.
Go sulk on the end of the bench when the coach takes you out for being stupid.

therealtruth
03-30-2012, 08:32 AM
Shaq's improving as an analyst, but I still feel sorry for everyone that has to work with him. Not all that impressed with any of his takes so far.

He's too juvenile and petty for me and it doesn't come across as funny.

703 Spurz
03-30-2012, 08:54 AM
Since the Sonics bailed for OKC and became the Thunder, the Spurs have beaten them 10 out of 14 times.

Prob b/c they are younger. I don't agree with that statement but I'm sure the media would.

tmtcsc
03-30-2012, 10:10 AM
Shaq picked the Spurs to come out of the West before the season started. You've got to give him credit even if its for dumb luck. 95 % of the fans in here wouldn't have picked the Spurs to win jack sh*t this year much less the championship.

Hell, with the way Tim looked last year in the playoffs, I was thinking making the playoffs would be a great accomplishment.

Shaq's a lot of things but he's isn't stupid or dumb. He's honest.

bigfan
03-30-2012, 10:27 AM
Hey, Shaq is a pretty decent guy all things considered and can be pretty entertaining. He was a good foe, didnt talk too much trash about the Spurs and always seems to have respect for TD.

widowmaker
03-30-2012, 10:41 AM

Because there is a big difference in regular season basketball and playoff basketball. Last year OKC went to WC and the 1 seed spurs did not. Anything can happen, no doubt. But just because they went deep is a good enough reason.

Fpoonsie
03-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Because there is a big difference in regular season basketball and playoff basketball. Last year OKC went to WC and the 1 seed spurs did not. Anything can happen, no doubt. But just because they went deep is a good enough reason.

One could still argue it's a matchup issue, too. SA matched up terribly w/ MEM, but pretty well w/ OKC.

sa_butta
03-30-2012, 10:45 AM
With the depth we have now, should be no reason not beat them in a playoff series. But honestly who cares what Shaq says?

therealtruth
03-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Since 1999 the only teams that have come out of the West are the Lakers, Spurs, and Mavs. The Lakers lost Phil Jackson, Lamar Odom and Derek Fisher. The Mavs lost Tyson Chandler, Barea, and Stevenson. I think the Spurs have a pretty good chance of coming out of the West. The other teams like OKC and the Grizz are probably not experienced enough.

Experience tends to mean alot in the playoffs and that's another reason the Grizzlies upset over the Spurs was unexpected. I think TD said it best when he said the Grizzlies played like a 1 seed and they didn't buckle like an inexperienced team might.

urunobili
03-30-2012, 11:32 AM
I only care for Skip and Chuck TBH...

sa_butta
03-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Since 1999 the only teams that have come out of the West are the Lakers, Spurs, and Mavs. The Lakers lost Phil Jackson, Lamar Odom and Derek Fisher. The Mavs lost Tyson Chandler, Barea, and Stevenson. I think the Spurs have a pretty good chance of coming out of the West. The other teams like OKC and the Grizz are probably not experienced enough.

Experience tends to mean alot in the playoffs and that's another reason the Grizzlies upset over the Spurs was unexpected. I think TD said it best when he said the Grizzlies played like a 1 seed and they didn't buckle like an inexperienced team might.
I think OKC is starting to gain some experience, getting to the Conference Finals is not an easy task for such a young team.

Small Fundamental
03-30-2012, 12:26 PM
I think OKC is starting to gain some experience, getting to the Conference Finals is not an easy task for such a young team.Yeah, but they got to the WCF only by beating one of the few teams in the league without any superstars in the Nuggets, and a #8 seed team. And then they ended up losing to Dallas anyway. Doesn't take experience to do that when you have two superstar scorers.

Granted we lost to that Grizzlies team. But only because it was a bad matchup. The Thunder like pretty much every other elite team in the NBA could actually hold their own in the paint against the Grizzlies. It's not as Memphis was really special last year. The Lakers or Mavs would have taken them out had they met up in the playoffs.

Horse
03-30-2012, 12:38 PM
Timmy is already way ahead of shaq, that fatass never played any d, and I did as much as he did for the heat in '06

lefty
03-30-2012, 12:39 PM
If we are 100% healthy, there is no doubt in my mind we will beat OKC

Obstructed_View
03-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Bit by bit Bynum is revealing his juvenile side.

Its possible he may be a little Me baby boy. Cant figure where he got that from.

Park in that handicap spot.
Let little Jose get under the skin.
Go sulk on the end of the bench when the coach takes you out for being stupid.

He's just following the example of Kobe. Be more important than the team and do whatever you want. Mike Brown may lose this squad before the playoffs start.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-30-2012, 12:42 PM
I'd feel a lot better if this opinion came from some other more credible NBA analyst.

I found myself nodding along with what Brent Barry was saying, which wasn't as emphatic as Shaq's pronouncement but a lot more reasonable and pretty encouraging. With the moves the Spurs made and how good they're looking right now that they could make a run at the #1 seed down the stretch and he doesn't think the Thunder could beat the Spurs in the WCF without homecourt advantage.

TheCerebral1
03-30-2012, 01:42 PM
Well, cool but it doesn't matter that much. I will take the results of close games and know that when rested Duncan can still abuse Perkins. That we can match them offensively and create complications to their rotations. Our bench > OKC's bench.

SenorSpur
03-30-2012, 05:08 PM
Hey, Shaq is a pretty decent guy all things considered and can be pretty entertaining. He was a good foe, didnt talk too much trash about the Spurs and always seems to have respect for TD.

Yeah he such a decent guy alright. He's got a laundry list of unscrupulous and unsavory social behavior that goes unnoticed by most and unreported by the mainstream media. Such as:

http://www.exposay.com/restraining-order-issued-against-shaquille-oneal-at-request-of-former-girlfriend/v/22544/

It's amazing how this guy gets a pass for some of the shit that he does.

Stalin
03-30-2012, 07:14 PM

Co sign