PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Houston?

George Gervin's Afro
06-21-2005, 09:56 AM
Any Houston get togethers? I was planning on watching the game at home but realize how much more fun it would be to party with some spurs fans.

easjer
06-21-2005, 10:07 AM
We're here (spurs_fan_in_exile and me), but don't have plans set outside of watching the game. Don't know of any gtg's . . .

What area are you in?

George Gervin's Afro
06-21-2005, 10:09 AM
I live of I-10 and Eldridge Pkwy. Location , at this point, is not that great of concern.

easjer
06-21-2005, 10:15 AM
We live on the SW side. I'll have to check with spurs_fan and see if we have plans (a friend just got a new big screen, and sfie may have plans with his old housemates, who are all from SA). D&B on Richmond will probably be airing it, and may have a gathering -- I've seen a few Spurs carflags about ...

(BTW, yo uhave my utmost pity if you have to tackle I-10 everyday)

George Gervin's Afro
06-21-2005, 10:27 AM
I-10 is bad bad bad.. and I work downtown.
Let me know if you find out if there is a GTG because it so much more fun with fellow fans.

easjer
06-21-2005, 10:39 AM
Then you have my utmost sympathy - I work downtown too, but 59 is no biggie. I'll let you know what I find!

caraspin
06-21-2005, 11:45 AM
I would LOVE to watch the game with fellow Spurs fans, especially if we win it all tonight! I'm in SW side of town, Galleria area, but am willing to drive within reason. I've thought of a few places (Champps Galleria, Fox Sports Bar, Nick's)....any other suggestions?

George Gervin's Afro
06-21-2005, 12:13 PM
I would LOVE to watch the game with fellow Spurs fans, especially if we win it all tonight! I'm in SW side of town, Galleria area, but am willing to drive within reason. I've thought of a few places (Champps Galleria, Fox Sports Bar, Nick's)....any other suggestions?

I like all of your suggestions on where to meet. Where is the Fox Sports bar? It would be grand to find a loud group of Spurs fans.. I will keep checking back on the board throughout the day. GO SPURS GO!!!!!!!!!!!

caraspin
06-21-2005, 12:49 PM
I like all of your suggestions on where to meet. Where is the Fox Sports bar? It would be grand to find a loud group of Spurs fans.. I will keep checking back on the board throughout the day. GO SPURS GO!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME! I'll post my plans for what I'm doing tonight later on this afternoon.... Its actually Fox Sports Grill, in the Galleria http://www.foxsportsgrill.com/houston/default.aspx

GO SPURS GO!!!!

easjer
06-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Wait, y'all don't want to meet at Yao's? :lmao

George Gervin's Afro
06-21-2005, 01:04 PM
I just want someone to high five.. maybe a hug if we win... I was downtown on the day we clinched the 03 championship (my first fathers day with my dad) and I have never hugged more strangers than I did that night..guys or gilrs..high fives..It was beautiful!!!!

LilMissSPURfect
06-21-2005, 01:06 PM
er one just drive to SA and celebrate with ALL the SPURS fans.....

easjer
06-21-2005, 01:08 PM
Awwwww. That's sweet! (seriously, no sarcasm intended!)

We don't live but five minutes away from Yao's but oddly, we've never felt the urge to stop in . . . (we go to the Benihana's right next to it about once a month, though! - all you can eat sushi Sun - Thurs for $23 a person. Incredible!)

I sort of doubt we'll be able to go- Spurs_fan_in_exile has class and work on Wednesday (though I'm thinking of ditching work if we win), but I'll talk to him when I see him.

George Gervin's Afro
06-21-2005, 01:08 PM
er one just drive to SA and celebrate with ALL the SPURS fans.....

If it goes to game 7 I am heading to SA right after work Thursday night..

caraspin
06-21-2005, 01:33 PM
If it goes to game 7 I am heading to SA right after work Thursday night..

I'm thinking of doing the same!!!! Certainly want to hug-a-Spur though if it happens tonight!

I've actually been to Yao's, its pretty good, a bit overpriced, but something just seems wrong watching it there :lol Enemy territory! Although they are a bunch of Spurs bandwagoners at this point of the year!!!

George Gervin's Afro
06-21-2005, 01:36 PM
I'm thinking of doing the same!!!! Certainly want to hug-a-Spur though if it happens tonight!

I've actually been to Yao's, its pretty good, a bit overpriced, but something just seems wrong watching it there :lol Enemy territory! Although they are a bunch of Spurs bandwagoners at this point of the year!!!

I vote (if we decide to meet) no to Yao's... Fox Sports seems to be a central location...

easjer
06-21-2005, 01:45 PM
Oh, I was kidding about Yao's . . . Let me know where you'll meet and we'll try to make it (address for mapquesting would be ideal).

George Gervin's Afro
06-21-2005, 01:50 PM
Oh, I was kidding about Yao's . . . Let me know where you'll meet and we'll try to make it (address for mapquesting would be ideal).

Go to caraspin's post and he\she (that's wierd to type) posted a link to the place. I believe it is right next to Saks and across the street form a rather large Marriott. If either of you guys want to meet I am all for it but if either of ya'll decide not to please IM me or post on the board that you will not make it. I am not a 'by myself at the bar' type person..

caraspin
06-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Go to caraspin's post and he\she (that's wierd to type) posted a link to the place. I believe it is right next to Saks and across the street form a rather large Marriott. If either of you guys want to meet I am all for it but if either of ya'll decide not to please IM me or post on the board that you will not make it. I am not a 'by myself at the bar' type person..

Okay guys, I am definitely going to be at Fox Sports Grill along with at least 2 other Spurs fans

http://www.foxsportsgrill.com/houston/default.aspx

I am planning on getting there sometime around 6:30 to eat and stake out a spot, so it would be helpful to know who all is down for going so I can save seats. Let me know if you are going and we will figure out some way to meet

caraspin
06-21-2005, 03:21 PM
from the website it actually says I can make reservations, so that is probably what I will do. Let me know if you are coming

George Gervin's Afro
06-21-2005, 03:30 PM
from the website it actually says I can make reservations, so that is probably what I will do. Let me know if you are coming

Cool. A buddy of mine and I will be in attendance. I will be wearing my Avery Johnson jersey.. Try and get a big table in front of a big screen!! I think it will be close to 7:30 when we will make it.

timvp
06-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Cool. A buddy of mine and I will be in attendance. I will be wearing my Avery Johnson jersey.. Try and get a big table in front of a big screen!!

You almost got another spur just for that.

:hat

caraspin
06-21-2005, 03:40 PM
Cool. A buddy of mine and I will be in attendance. I will be wearing my Avery Johnson jersey.. Try and get a big table in front of a big screen!!

Sweet! I'll be there in my white Duncan jersey, and, just so ya know, I'm a she :p I will try my best to get a big table in front of a big screen, will make reservations for 8

caraspin
06-21-2005, 03:44 PM
DAMN!!!! not accepting reservations, first come first serve

Like I said, I'll be there early to stake out a spot, hopefully we find each other!! I'm strictly going off the pictures as I've never been there, but I will hopefully get a spot either in the blue bar area or in the lounge type area near the pool table......check those spots first!

easjer
06-21-2005, 03:44 PM
Nope, we won't be able to make it - sorry! But let's keep the options open for future engagements. I so miss babbling about my Spurs! Have a great time, guys! We'll drink a LoneStar in your honor if they win!