PDA

View Full Version : A Big Question... yet ahead..

Sense
06-21-2005, 10:01 AM
Who has the best chance of being MVP, IF the Spurs win today or Thursday?

Manu? Many people might argue he has had the best games throughout the series...but he's also struggled throughout the road trip to Detroit, do you really think Manu has outperformed our 2 time MVP?

Tim Duncan has had his ups and downs, personally I think he's had less bad games than Manu, and right now he deserves it more.... although that remark about his reputation being saved, and the choke make you want to wonder..

Horry? Hmm, I don't really know if Horry could've earned it for game 5... but it probably did save the Spurs from a harder game 7 championship win IMO.

Will the MVP be decided by the stats sheet of the last Finals game?

What are your thoughts?

btw sorry if this was posted already....

ObiwanGinobili
06-21-2005, 10:10 AM
If it was my vote I'd give it to Manu cause I feel that he has inspired and excited this team the most on the floor. At the same time posting good #'s and the key to us wining games 1 and 2.

CosmicCowboy
06-21-2005, 10:11 AM
I don't think there will be any question of who the MVP will be after tonight. I expect Duncan to have a monster game that will clinch the series and the MVP. That being said it has been a team series and a will be a team win...the MVP will be almost irrelevant unless someone else besides Duncan wins it...

Sense
06-21-2005, 10:16 AM
I don't think there will be any question of who the MVP will be after tonight. I expect Duncan to have a monster game that will clinch the series and the MVP. That being said it has been a team series and a will be a team win...the MVP will be almost irrelevant unless someone else besides Duncan wins it...

I definately agree... I think tonight's game will put doubters on their places if Duncan decides to come out early and go for the win..

He'll definately get it if he achieves another triple double :P....

Manu Ginobili has been an inspiration on Winning Games or blowouts, I can't say the same about the close games, or pressure games..

Duncan did choke a bit, but it was a role player's turn..

Duncan deserves it...

nkdlunch
06-21-2005, 10:16 AM
Bowen deserves it most.

Sense
06-21-2005, 10:19 AM
Bowen deserves it most.

Hmmm... if this happens it would be Rare...unless Rip OR Chauncy get 10 points less than their average...

A Role Player could be debatable aswell.

kskonn
06-21-2005, 10:33 AM
I think this year would be the perfect year for whoever wins the trophy to say, thank you for the award but this should be a team award, and display it at the sbc.

ALVAREZ6
06-21-2005, 10:38 AM
I could care less right now. I was hoping that Manu would win it after games 1 and 2, but after I saw how badly we got killed in the next 2 games, the MVP award was way out of my mind. I don't care who is awarded MVP of the finals...

All I care about now making sure that the Spurs will win the NBA Finals.

DarrinS
06-21-2005, 10:39 AM
Bowen has been the most consistent player throughout this series. And his D on Billups was awesome. I'd like to see more of that.

Jimcs50
06-21-2005, 10:41 AM
Whoever has the biggest game tonight, if there is a big descrepency.

I like TD's chances.

I am still looking for that Triple Double from him.

:)

bigzak25
06-21-2005, 10:42 AM

I like TD's chances.

exactly. Just Win.
:smokin

Sense
06-21-2005, 10:43 AM

I like TD's chances.

I'm looking for the quadruple double..

Btw is it just me or is it 10:42 in da AM?

Damnit I was about to turn on the T.V. for broadcasting already..

Can't wait.

Jimcs50
06-21-2005, 10:45 AM
I'm looking for the quadruple double..

Btw is it just me or is it 10:42 in da AM?

Damnit I was about to turn on the T.V. for broadcasting already..

Can't wait.

I like waiting, the buildup is half the fun.

kind of like sex.

duncan2k5
06-21-2005, 10:46 AM
Manu. he was outstanding. tim duncan overall played below expectations, manu surpassed them overall. the key to us winning is him having a good game. i think whoever has a monster game out of manu and tim tonight will win it. and i think manu will have a near tripple double tonight and pull some of his magic. you know how he loves to play home

MannyIsGod
06-21-2005, 10:47 AM
Manu has to carry the team tonight to have a shot at it. Otherwise, it's Tim's award to lose.

Sense
06-21-2005, 10:49 AM
Manu. he was outstanding. tim duncan overall played below expectations, manu surpassed them overall. the key to us winning is him having a good game

Manu didn't have 20 ppg in the last 3 games..

Duncan didn't either, but he did his thing the last 2.... with the rebounding,blocking and a somewhat scoring..

Manu probably lead the Spurs in turnovers the first 2 detroit road games....

Something we couldn't afford...thus why we lost..

I really think Manu doesn't deserve it unless he proves himself tonight.

ObiwanGinobili
06-21-2005, 10:51 AM
I like waiting, the buildup is half the fun.

kind of like sex.

nah...
I just like lots and lots of basketball and basketball coverage and basketball highlights and basketball analysis.

And I like lots and lots of sex.

MI21
06-21-2005, 10:59 AM
What is Tim averaging for the series?

He has had 24/17 and 26/19 games. 18/11 in game 2 I think. Averaged about 15/11 in the 2 losses. Is probably averaging around the 20/14 with a few blocks and assists per game.

If the Spurs win tonight, Tim will more than likely need to go 20/10, so he will deservedly get MVP.

Spurminator
06-21-2005, 11:02 AM
Despite playing below his usual Finals standard (a credit to Detroit), Duncan is still, by far, the most important player on the Spurs, and has been the most important player in the Finals. Even at 70%, he's still the MVP.

That said, I would love to see Bowen get it... ;)

dcole50
06-21-2005, 11:02 AM
bowen deserves it.

i expect tim to get it.

cmc$purs
06-21-2005, 11:05 AM
just win theLOB

indv. awards dont matter

that being said my heart is with MANU ,my head is with TIMMY
BIG SHOT BOB could sneak in too. Horry for 3 god i love that :spin

GO SPURS GO