PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to rid ourselves of Karl Rove?

GSH
03-30-2012, 01:01 PM
Look - I think it was wrong for Obama to send the message that he did to Putin over our national defense. And I think the way he has dealt with some of our allies is wrong and dangerous. But look at this ad that Karl Rove and his group of crazies has put together. What the hell is this supposed to accomplish, except to piss people off, and making anyone who disagrees with the President look like an idiot? If you consider yourself a conservative, I hope it pisses you off too. Because if you lock arms with this kind of stupidity, he's making you look like an idiot, too.

I'm not into conspiracy theories, but I might be able to be convinced that Rove is the Dem's secret weapon. If you give money to anything Rove touches, quit.

-Czo5Vf8KZs

Obama as a Russian double-agent? Karl Rove-linked group releases controversial ad

In a James Bond-style montage mocking the Democrat's open-mic gaffe this week, a Karl Rove-linked independent group released a new video on Friday painting President Barack Obama as a double agent for Russia out to weaken America's national security.

President Barack Obama stars as "President Flexible." Russian President Dmitry Medvedev is "Dr. Transmitkov," a cross between the James Bond super-villain Ernst Stavro Blofeld, white cat and all, and the Blofeld-inspired "Dr Evil" parody from the "Austin Powers" franchise. Incoming Russian president Vladimir Putin, shown shirtless on horseback, gets billed as "himself."
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/rove-linked-group-paints-obama-double-agent-russia-142856121.html

Yonivore
03-30-2012, 02:43 PM
I think it's clever and certainly no more over the top than some of the nonsense the left issued on Palin and Bush.

I do think, however, they should have included the entire quote in the ad:

President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space.

President Medvedev: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…

President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.

President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.

Look the ad is a humorous take on a very serious issue.

What is it about missile defense that Obama cannot solve until he has the flexibility of not having to run for reelection?

ElNono
03-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Karl Rove is free to say whatever he wants. I will defend his right to do so.

That the end result is that he hurts his party with stuff like that it's a different story altogether.

Winehole23
03-30-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm not into conspiracy theories, but I might be able to be convinced that Rove is the Dem's secret weapon. If you give money to anything Rove touches, quit.you are into conspiracy theories

Winehole23
03-30-2012, 03:12 PM
lol secret weapon

Yonivore
03-30-2012, 03:14 PM

That the end result is that he hurts his party with stuff like that it's a different story altogether.
So, exactly what is it you think Obama was trying to convey with his presumably private remarks to President Medvedev?

JohnnyMarzetti
03-30-2012, 03:55 PM

Those right wing nuts eat this up.

JohnnyMarzetti
03-30-2012, 03:56 PM
So, exactly what is it you think Obama was trying to convey with his presumably private remarks to President Medvedev?

You heard the man. Exactly what he said.

ElNono
03-30-2012, 04:07 PM

Already explained in the appropriate thread(s). Twice.

What do you think he was trying to convey?

GSH
03-30-2012, 04:13 PM

Heh... I suspect anyone who votes Democrat is glad to let Rove say anything he wants to.

What do you think he was trying to convey?

I think Obama believes in appeasement. I think he plans to give up more than he should, when he no longer has to worry about re-election. I think he meant what he said to Congress, when he said that he would "look at this as non-binding".

But the over-the-top bullshit in this commercial will make it hard for anyone with a serious point to be taken seriously.

ElNono
03-30-2012, 04:20 PM
I think Obama believes in appeasement. I think he plans to give up more than he should, when he no longer has to worry about re-election. I think he meant what he said to Congress, when he said that he would "look at this as non-binding".

I disagree. But even if you're right, Congress has the tools to check on the executive. The President isn't above the law, as some here would like you to believe.

For the third time, I think it's much more simple than that. No president (whatever party) is going to get into highly charged political discussions with Russia on an election year. It's political suicide.

GSH
03-30-2012, 04:30 PM
I disagree. But even if you're right, Congress has the tools to check on the executive. The President isn't above the law, as some here would like you to believe.

For the third time, I think it's much more simple than that. No president (whatever party) is going to get into highly charged political discussions with Russia on an election year. It's political suicide.

I think this President, and the last one, have gone around Congress way too much. And gotten by with it.

I can't disagree that it's not the nature of politicians to be high-profile in an election year.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2012, 04:33 PM
I think Obama believes in appeasement. I think he plans to give up more than he should, when he no longer has to worry about re-election.Could you quantify what you think "more than he should" is in this case, or is it just a guess?

ElNono
03-30-2012, 04:35 PM
I think this President, and the last one, have gone around Congress way too much. And gotten by with it.

I can't disagree that it's not the nature of politicians to be high-profile in an election year.

Oh, I agree about the expansion of executive power. But that only happens largely due to the passivity of Congress.

It's undeniable Congress as a democratic institution is at an all-time low. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an end to this.

GSH
03-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Could you quantify what you think "more than he should" is in this case, or is it just a guess?

A precise example of what I said in the other thread, Chump. This is the way you do things:
Beyond that, truthers never seem to be able to calculate how long they think it should have taken to collapse. They simply assert that it was too fast. If it was too fast, exactly how long should it have taken, Jim?

You're like a case study for a college logic class - on how not to make a valid argument. Are you proud of yourself for coming up with stuff like that? Does it make you feel like you've proven a point?

Face it, Chump. You don't have anything worth saying, you just spend your day being an asshole.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2012, 04:58 PM
A precise example of what I said in the other thread, Chump. This is the way you do things:
Beyond that, truthers never seem to be able to calculate how long they think it should have taken to collapse. They simply assert that it was too fast. If it was too fast, exactly how long should it have taken, Jim?

You're like a case study for a college logic class - on how not to make a valid argument. Are you proud of yourself for coming up with stuff like that? Does it make you feel like you've proven a point?

Face it, Chump. You don't have anything worth saying, you just spend your day being an asshole.Why are you deflecting?

I gave you a direct question about what you consider appeasement is in this case. I'm not making any argument at all -- I want to know what yours is.

I'm sorry you're getting so angry at these simple questions, but you chose the loaded term "appeasement" so I just wanted to know if you had anything specific in mind. It appears you don't. That's OK. It's not a crime.

RandomGuy
03-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Heh... I suspect anyone who votes Democrat is glad to let Rove say anything he wants to.

Yup. Makes my case about how the right-wing in this country has lost it for me.

Right-wingers: "We're not crazy. Vote for us!"

Left-wingers: "Oh yeah? Carl. Rove."

Right wingers: :depressed

But the over-the-top bullshit in this commercial will make it hard for anyone with a serious point to be taken seriously.

You think this expensive boondoggle missle defense system, that isn't wanted by the people of the countries we are building it in is something we shouldn't give up?

ChumpDumper
03-30-2012, 06:08 PM
You think this expensive boondoggle missle defense system, that isn't wanted by the people of the countries we are building it in is something we shouldn't give up?Expect a hysterical rant and jokes about your mother.