PDA

View Full Version : Best PF of all time - Jim Duncan?

KobeOwnsDuncan
03-30-2012, 06:21 PM
Even though he's not a PF? :lmao Spurmfans

LakaFan
03-30-2012, 06:26 PM
:lmao

Bonner4MVPzz
03-30-2012, 06:28 PM
cool, try harder next time though. this topic is old and beat to death.

B+ for effort though

good luck luring in the trollbait :wakeup

Deuce Bigalow
03-30-2012, 06:28 PM
its the weakest position for alltime greats

malone, barkley, pettit, dirk is the competition

Stalin
03-30-2012, 06:36 PM
lakerfan lashing out after last night's bukake, tbh

midnightpulp
03-30-2012, 06:40 PM

SG is.

Kirby's competition is MJ, West, Wade, and............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............

Cry Havoc
03-30-2012, 06:40 PM

You left Kevin McHale out of that group? :wow

DMC
03-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Russell Westbrook broke one off in your ass, now you are doing the red herring dance. Dance, forum monkeys.

Deuce Bigalow
03-30-2012, 06:45 PM
sg is.

Kirby's competition is mj, west, wade, and............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............

michael jordan

DMC
03-30-2012, 06:47 PM
michael jordan
Pretty sure that's who MJ is... stat fag.

Did you think he meant Magic Johnson?

midnightpulp
03-30-2012, 06:47 PM
michael jordan

Being the GOAT is not enough to offset how weak the position has been historically. Before Jordan, there were no all-time greats at the 2 spot besides West.

Deuce Bigalow
03-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Pretty sure that's who MJ is... stat fag.

Did you think he meant Magic Johnson?

michael jordan is the GOAT. Nobody is ahead of him is my point

Deuce Bigalow
03-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Being the GOAT is not enough to offset how weak the position has been historically. Before Jordan, there were no all-time greats at the 2 spot besides West.

the 3rd GOAT SG is West
West> malone, barkley, pettit, dirk

:lol

midnightpulp
03-30-2012, 06:51 PM

And lol at no Moses Malone (who was a hybrid PF/C like Duncan), McHale, Elvin Hayes, Kevin Garnett. Sure, aside from Malone, you can't really make an argument for any these players being greater than Duncan, but it illustrates just how deep the position really is. Whereas the SG position consists of only 4 all-time greats: MJ, Kobe, Wade, and West.

Cry Havoc
03-30-2012, 06:51 PM

This is true, I've never realized that. Wow. PG and C are loaded, and SF only has a couple of transcendent players but is very deep overall with Elgin, Pippen, Havlicek, Bird, and Erving.

ElNono
03-30-2012, 06:53 PM
"Steve Blake is a good defender" :lmao

midnightpulp
03-30-2012, 06:53 PM
the 3rd GOAT SG is West

Who says?

Cry Havoc
03-30-2012, 06:55 PM
the 3rd GOAT SG is West

4th best player is Iceman or Iverson. That's a very, very thin group at the 2. Only because of Jordan is it not regarded as a weak position historically.

DMC
03-30-2012, 06:55 PM
michael jordan is the GOAT. Nobody is ahead of him is my point
Big fucking deal. Do you think that causes the SG position to be deeper historically?

You really are a stat fag. Get your fags straight.

Giuseppe
03-30-2012, 06:57 PM
4th best player is Iceman or Iverson. That's a very, very thin group at the 2. Only because of Jordan is it not regarded as a weak position historically.

At least once Pippen held his hand.

tee, hee.

Deuce Bigalow
Who says?

the majority has West #11-13, Malone, Barkley, Pettit, Dirk #15 and beyond

midnightpulp

And Gervin could be very regarded as a SF, since he played that position quite a bit when he was alongside Silas and Mike Evans.

Deuce Bigalow
03-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Big fucking deal. Do you think that causes the SG position to be deeper historically?

You really are a stat fag. Get your fags straight.

1. Jordan - #1
2. Kobe - #7-10
3. West - #11-13

Malone - #15 and beyond
Pettit - #15 and beyond
Dirk - #15 and beyond
Barkley - #15 and beyond

DMC
03-30-2012, 07:01 PM
1. Jordan - #1
2. Kobe - #7-10
3. West - #11-13

Malone - #15 and beyond
Pettit - #15 and beyond
Dirk - #15 and beyond
Barkley - #15 and beyond

So how many top 50 all time players were SGs? How many were PF?

Where's Duncan? I see you included Kobe.

Kobe is not in the top 10. Keep dreaming stat faggot.

midnightpulp
03-30-2012, 07:01 PM
1. Jordan - #1
2. Kobe - #7-10
3. West - #11-13

Malone - #15 and beyond
Pettit - #15 and beyond
Dirk - #15 and beyond
Barkley - #15 and beyond

Who says?

Pettit played in the same era as West, had better stats, and actually managed to beat Russell's Celtics despite the Hawks being less talented than the Lakers.

Deuce Bigalow
03-30-2012, 07:05 PM
So how many top 50 all time players were SGs? How many were PF?

Where's Duncan? I see you included Kobe.

Kobe is not in the top 10. Keep dreaming stat faggot.

ElNono
03-30-2012, 07:07 PM
lol Kobe top 10... it's like saying Pippen should be in the top 10

DMC
03-30-2012, 07:15 PM
When it's all said and done, Kobe will be remembered as someone who accompanied great players, and in the end someone who struggled to gain notoriety as the greatest at something. He will be remembered as someone who ran off Phil Jackson and Shaq. He will be remembered as a rapist and an adulterer. He will be talked about in the same conversations with Pippen and Nash. A remnant of the MJ hangover that the NBA experienced, their failed attempt at a follow up hero. Media outlets that kissed his ass at every turn will turn on him, as one by one writers offer their "inside take" on Bryant, how he was just a glorified McGrady with more luck in teammates, health and coaching system.

On the other hand, Tim will be remembered as someone who elevated a franchise for the entire length of his career, unselfish, incredible team leader, father, multiple Finals and NBA MVP, never had to get over himself because he never regressed to that point, and he will be portrayed in his country as a hero by many.

DMC
03-30-2012, 07:17 PM
1. Michael Jordan
2. Wilt Chamberlain
3. Bill Russell
4. Shaquille O’Neal
5. Oscar Robertson
6. Magic Johnson
7. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
8. Tim Duncan
9. Larry Bird
10. Kobe Bryant

That's from SLAM magazine.

Where do you see Tim Duncan?

Now where do you see Kobe

/thread

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-30-2012, 07:20 PM
A Duncan-Kobe thread...how refreshing.

Latarian Milton
03-30-2012, 07:21 PM
dirk is in fact a shooting guard, we know that bro

DMC
03-30-2012, 07:21 PM
A pissed off Suns fan, how original.

j/k, don't taze me bro

ElNono
03-30-2012, 07:22 PM

Let's make this thread better...

Who did you bet on DAL vs Magic?

I was tempted to drop some dough on Orlando...

midnightpulp
1. Michael Jordan
2. Wilt Chamberlain
3. Bill Russell
4. Shaquille O’Neal
5. Oscar Robertson
6. Magic Johnson
7. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
8. Tim Duncan
9. Larry Bird
10. Kobe Bryant

/thread

Link?

DMC
http://www.interbasket.net/news/7683/2011/04/top-500-nba-players-of-all-time-slam/

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-30-2012, 07:23 PM
A pissed off Suns fan

Is there any other kind?:lol

midnightpulp
03-30-2012, 07:25 PM
http://www.interbasket.net/news/7683/2011/04/top-500-nba-players-of-all-time-slam/

Cool. 2011. So it's current. I know before Kirby won his 4th, they had him 12th all-time, so I thought that list might be from '10 before he won his 5th.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-30-2012, 07:25 PM
Let's make this thread better...

Who did you bet on DAL vs Magic?

I was tempted to drop some dough on Orlando...

No bets tonight (so far)...won on the Thunder (-1.5) last night, but pussed out and only bet $50. That's not enough to satisfy a fan tax.

ElNono
03-30-2012, 07:26 PM
No bets tonight (so far)...won on the Thunder (-1.5) last night, but pussed out and only bet $50. That's not enough to satisfy a fan tax.

I hear you. I dropped my green on MegaMillions this week... too big a pot to pass up...

DMC
03-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Is there any other kind?:lol
I heard a story once... long time ago. Never met one though.

DMC
03-30-2012, 07:29 PM
Also, note the tactics: When someone says "my guy is ranked 7-10", the guy is 10th. You never say "I am in the top 10" if you are in the top 8, or top 5. You only say it if you are number 10.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-30-2012, 07:29 PM
I hear you. I dropped my green on MegaMillions this week... too big a pot to pass up...

They're all too big...I'm not going to shun a 3-million dollar pot just because it's not 500 million.:lol

Everytime I feel like playing the lotto I go to 7-Eleven and see the line of minorities/homeless people buying tickets, and I'm reminded why i don't

midnightpulp
03-30-2012, 07:31 PM
1. Michael Jordan
2. Wilt Chamberlain
3. Bill Russell
4. Shaquille O’Neal
5. Oscar Robertson
6. Magic Johnson
7. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
8. Tim Duncan
9. Larry Bird
10. Kobe Bryant

/thread

Anyhow, good top ten from SLAM. I'd switch Kareem and the supremely overrated Chamberlain, Magic and Shaq, and Bird and Oscar. I really have no prob with Kirb being number 10, but I'd be inclined to bring the Dream at 10 and stick 40% at 11.

ElNono
03-30-2012, 07:33 PM
They're all too big...I'm not going to shun a 3-million dollar pot just because it's not 500 million.:lol

Everytime I feel like playing the lotto I go to 7-Eleven and see the line of minorities/homeless people buying tickets, and I'm reminded why i don't

risk/reward... I'll buy a single tix here and there when it goes over 20+ million. $4 bucks a month ain't going to break the bank. I used to spend 50x as much in smokes alone :lol

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-30-2012, 07:37 PM
My Dad has it the worst. He's played the same 6 numbers since 1989...he's hit 5 once and 4 a number of times, but he's locked into playing those the rest of his life. Imagine skipping one week and those numbers land...you'd have to kill yourself:lol

DMC
03-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Anyhow, good top ten from SLAM. I'd switch Kareem and the supremely overrated Chamberlain, Magic and Shaq, and Bird and Oscar. I really have no prob with Kirb being number 10, but I'd be inclined to bring the Dream at 10 and stick 40% at 11.

Wilt gets there from the sheer number of whores he fucked. What an ironic name, Wilt. That should be Dale's nick name.

So it doesn't matter if Duncan is the greatest PF of all time, he's better overall than Kobe, ergo the point is moot or at least should be to stat faggot.

ElNono
03-30-2012, 07:39 PM
My Dad has it the worst. He's played the same 6 numbers since 1989...he's hit 5 once and 4 a number of times, but he's locked into playing those the rest of his life. Imagine skipping one week and those numbers land...you'd have to kill yourself:lol

I get the random shit... when you're talking odds, it's all the same.

DMC
03-30-2012, 07:42 PM
I make hundreds a year by not playing the lottery. It's a tax on mathematically challenged people.

Deuce Bigalow
03-30-2012, 08:01 PM
PSD forum http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=635088

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Wilt Chamberlain
4. Magic Johnson
5. Bill Russell
6. Larry Bird
7. Shaquille O'neal
8. Kobe Bryant
9. Hakeem Olajuwon
10. Tim Duncan
11. Oscar Robertson
12. Moses Malone
13. Jerry West
14. Karl Malone
15. Julius Erving
16. David Robinson
17. Charles Barkley
18. John Stockton
19. George Mikan
20. Kevin Garnett

Look at Jerry West compared to the PFs

ElNono
03-30-2012, 08:09 PM
PSD forum http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=635088

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Wilt Chamberlain
4. Magic Johnson
5. Bill Russell
6. Larry Bird
7. Shaquille O'neal
8. Kobe Bryant
9. Hakeem Olajuwon
10. Tim Duncan
11. Oscar Robertson
12. Moses Malone
13. Jerry West
14. Karl Malone
15. Julius Erving
16. David Robinson
17. Charles Barkley
18. John Stockton
19. George Mikan
20. Kevin Garnett

Look at Jerry West compared to the PFs

forum votes? :lmao

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 08:12 PM

He's right...about Kobe not being in the top 10

and about you being a stat fag.

Deuce Bigalow
03-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Heres another list, not a forum one

http://www.hoopsmanifesto.com/articles/basketball/top-10-nba-players-of-all-time.html

10. Oscar
9. Duncan
8. Kobe
7. Shaq
6. Wilt
5. Bird
4. Kareem
3. Russell
2. Magic
1. MJ

Deuce Bigalow
03-30-2012, 08:16 PM
He's right...about Kobe not being in the top 10

and about you being a stat fag.

prove that Kobe is not top 10

Kobe - 5 rings, 2 finals mvps, 1 mvp

West - 1 ring, 0 finals mvps, 0 mvp
Oscar - 1 ring, 0 finals mvp, 1 mvp

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Top 20

http://www.slamonline.com/online/the-magazine/features/2009/06/the-new-top-50/

1. Michael Jordan
In case you were wondering, this was the least debated slot on the entire list. We’re not saying Michael Jordan can never be toppled, but for the time being, based on every consideration we could give, Mike is the one. Pure stats and their place in history? Try 30.1 ppg for his career (first all time). Or 2,514 steals (second all time). Honors? Rookie of the Year, 14 All-Star Games (MVP three times), 10 First Team All-NBA teams (nine First Team All-Defense), five MVP awards (plus six Finals MVPs). Dominant at both ends of the floor? Um, did you read the stats and honors above?! Championships? Six. Went head-to-head with other greats? Shoot, MJ ended one era (Magic-Bird-Isiah) before its time, and basically single-handedly kept a Hall of Fame lineup’s worth of stars (Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone, Reggie Miller, John Stockton) from ever winning a ring. Entertaining? The most. Impact on the game? Ditto. Really, Michael Jordan is the perfect basketball player, and the only way he wasn’t finishing No. 1 was if we’d devised a new label for whoever we deemed “the best.”—Ben Osborne

2. Wilt Chamberlain
There was no farewell tour. In fact, he may not have realized he had played his last NBA game until long afterward. But for Wilt Chamberlain, the ’72-73 season was the end. It didn’t seem that way. Sure, the 36-year-old Chamberlain averaged a career-low 13.2 points per game. But he shot over 70 percent from the floor—a record that still stands—and he led the League in rebounding for the 11th time. Wilt entered the League as the Basketball Colossus and stomped the record books flat. In his very first game, he posted 43 points and 28 rebounds. He went on to win both the Rookie of the Year and the MVP. In ’61-62, he scored 100 points in a game, averaged 50.4 points and 25.7 rebounds, and played all but eight minutes of the season. He only won two NBA titles, spurned again and again by Bill Russell’s Celtics. But his personal numbers stood up. They always did. Chamberlain’s last-ever NBA game came against the Knicks, in Game 5 of the 1973 NBA Finals. He scored 23 points and pulled down 21 boards. His team lost.—Russ Bengtson

3. Bill Russell
I can’t prove that Bill Russell is into arithmetic, but I have a hunch he must love numbers. Russell’s gotta appreciate the number 1—that’s where he falls on the all-time list of chips won (11). He likes 2 also, collecting the second-most rebounds of all time (21,620). If he wasn’t into the digit 3, he’d better like it now, because that’s where we have him on this list. Four is special to Russ, too, it being the number of times he led the L in rpg (22.5 for his career). Five is near and dear—it’s the number of times he hauled in the MVP hardware, though he easily could have had a few more. And 6, well, 6 is the number that the Celtics retired along with him, after soaking it with sweat, tears and champagne over a 13-season career, while making the Celts into the storied franchise that they are. By being the greatest winner of all time, Bill Russell made the Celtics into a franchise of winners—long after his playing days ended. If you don’t believe me, just ask Kevin Garnett.—Tzvi Twersky

4. Shaquille O’Neal
A legend in his own time. A juggernaut. A true difference-maker if ever there was one. Made everybody he played with better. Shaquille O’Neal is a star amongst stars and has been one of the focal points of the League for his entire 17-year career. His stats are monstrous. For reference sake, here are a couple: Playoff averages of 25 and 12, 15 All-Star Game appearances, tied with Chamberlain for the most times leading the League in field goal percentage (9), won two scoring titles, ’93 Rookie of the Year, 2000 MVP, three Finals MVPs and four rings. Could have had more if not for the Kobe battles, but still, four rings is nothing to laugh at. At his peak he was a physical marvel, 7-1 and 330-plus yet agile and quick. An underrated shot-blocker. Arguably the best post scorer ever. Even now, he still routinely pushes around other big men with a physicality rivaled by only a few players in the history of the game. He made you laugh. Made Kings fans cry. He calls himself the LCL (Last Center Left). I believe him.—Khalid Salaam

5. Oscar Robertson
Big O was the only player ever to average a triple double for a season: 30.8 ppg, 12.5 rpg and 11.4 apg in ’61-62, his second year in the League. Read it and weep. He averaged 25.7 for his 14-year career, once led his team in boards from the backcourt and dished out the fourth-most assists ever, playing in an era when they were less often credited than today. And he had the undying respect of his peers. “Oscar would beat you anytime he had the ball in his hands at the end of a game,” says Elvin Hayes. “He was a complete player.”—Alan Paul

6. Magic Johnson
He wasn’t a very good shooter, nor was he particularly athletic by NBA standards. And if you’re only old enough to know him as the husky guy on TV who hawks rebate anticipation loans for predatory lending firms, you’ll be excused for not understanding what made him so wonderful to watch in his prime: No player in the history of the game better combined court vision, creativity, competitiveness and sheer joy. This dude now, I don’t even know who he is. Twenty-five years ago, he was everything basketball is supposed to be.—Ryan Jones

7. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Sometimes the numbers tell the story. Just consider the 38,387 points Kareem Abdul-Jabbar scored in 1,560 games over 20 seasons, the most ever in the NBA, by a long shot. Some more numbers to ponder: 11.2 rpg, 3.6 apg, 2 bpg and 6 rings. But Cap also transcended the stats, as one of the most intelligent, enigmatic athletes ever and the creator of the sky hook, which Bill Russell called “one of the greatest innovations in the history of sports.“ Its brilliance, Russell added, was that “it was completely unique to Kareem’s physical abilities, proportions and coordination.” All of that made the shot virtually indefensible.—AP

8. Tim Duncan
Tim Duncan is the best power forward to ever play basketball. Over 12 seasons, he’s accumulated one Rookie of the Year award, two MVPs, three Finals MVPs, four championships, nine First Team All-NBA appearances and 11 All-Star Game invites. And all for the same franchise. His career numbers are dizzying, but Duncan has never been about the stats. With his quick wit, quiet grace, no-nonsense approach to the game and always, always perfect positioning, Tim Duncan playing basketball is poetry personified. At 33 years old, his career is probably winding down. Enjoy him—and appreciate him—while you still can.—Lang Whitaker

9. Larry Bird
Larry Bird collected every accolade the NBA offered. At 6-9, 220, and long-armed, Bird had the body for ball and he was blessed with a natural command for it, if not abundant athleticism. Physical limits didn’t stop “Larry Legend.” You don’t average 24.3 ppg and 10 rpg without athleticism, but Larry did. You don’t average 6.3 apg and 1.7 spg as a forward, but Larry did. You don’t win three rings and last 13 seasons in the L with a bad back, but somehow Larry did. More than anything else he did, he always found ways to overcome, to compete, to win and to repeat.—Matt Caputo

10. Jerry West
Jerry West honed his skills in solitude, emerging from Cabin Creek, WV, to lead West Virginia University to the NCAA title game in 1960. West was rawboned, long armed and springy. His jump shot, especially off the dribble, was warm pie. West’s reticent aloneness both fueled and haunted him. His Lakers lost in the Finals his first six seasons, and each heartbreak added kindling to his astonishing drive to win. After more than a decade in the League, West’s ’71-72 Lakers won 33 consecutive games—still the record—and the NBA Championship. West chipped in 25.8 points and 9.7 assists on perhaps the greatest team ever. Modest yet self-assured, West was also the best clutch shooter the game has seen. He averaged a remarkable 27 ppg over 14 years, but upped that to 29 in 153 Playoff games—all before the three-point line. West was named an All-Star every year, First Team All-NBA 10 times. Here are two measures of the respect given Jerry West: He is the only Finals MVP not on the championship team. His image is the NBA’s logo.—Rus Bradburd

11. Elgin Baylor
Do you believe in basketball evolution? You should, you know. Because the NBA wasn’t always like this. And I’m not just talking about recent developments like three-pointers and Thundersticks. The fundamentals of the game have changed. They’re still changing. They’ve always been changing. But if you know anything at all about evolution, you know it isn’t just about small steps. Because that’s not how you get from Ralph Kaplowitz set shots to LeBron James dunks in a mere 60 years. Somewhere along the line, someone has to leap. And Elgin Baylor took the biggest leap of them all. Understand this, if you understand nothing else: Without Elgin Baylor, there is no Michael Jordan, no Kobe Bryant, no LeBron James. Elgin took a ground-bound game skyward, transformed the entire sport. True, he never won an NBA championship, despite playing in eight NBA Finals. But his 61-point outburst in 1962 remains an NBA Finals record. His 19.8 rpg average in ’61 is unsurpassed by any other non-center. Everyone since has just built on the foundation he laid.—R. Bengtson

12. Kobe Bryant
Perfectionism is the persistence of will in obtaining the optimal quality of spiritual, mental, physical and material being. Also referred to as Kobeism. When discussing KB24, there are a few things you have to take into account. One, he was constructed in a lab by commissioner David Stern and company. Sixty percent MJ, 20 percent Tiger Woods and 20 percent Jellybean Bryant (for physical attributes). Two, he’s only 30 years old and has 12 healthy seasons under his belt with three rings, 11 All-Star Game appearances and two scoring titles. Last but not least, how many players can give you 25-30 points when their defender is doing a great job stopping them? Kobe is the product of Michael Jordan as MJ was the product of Dr. J. Some may argue that there’s a different best active player, but truth is Kobe Bryant has the only set of keys to the best basketball player car and it’s going to be a few more years until he lets anyone else drive. For now he’s welcoming all students to ride alongside in the passenger seat. Put your seatbelt on and enjoy the ride.—Konate Primus

13. Hakeem Olajuwon
Hakeem the Dream, first thrust onto the basketball consciousness as a star for the great University of Houston teams of the early ’80s, went on to an NBA career that featured a dozen All-Star selections, the all-time record for blocked shots, two Finals MVPs, two Defensive Player of the Year Awards, the most steals in Rockets history and the ’94 League MVP Award under his belt. A rare talent who—due in part to his youth training as a soccer player in his native Nigeria—possessed superb footwork. One of the very few dominant players on both offense and defense, he scored nearly 27,000 points in his career and grabbed nearly 14,000 rebounds. Offensively, all the pump fakes and change of directions were designed to get his opponent off balance (seriously, the Dream Shake could have a write-up all its own) and out of position. Standing 7-0 with an athletic 255-pound body, he used both finesse and muscle, and combined quick hands, upper body strength and nimbleness to shut down opponents.—KS

14. Bob Pettit
At 6-9 and only 215 pounds, Bob Pettit was under-undersized. But after being cut from his high school team as a freshman and as a sophomore, Pettit went on to star at his hometown Louisiana State and then play 11 seasons in the NBA and total over 20,000 points and 12,000 rebounds. Pettit played his entire career for the Hawks, though at the time the team was based in Milwaukee, then St. Louis. As a rookie, BP averaged 20.4 ppg with 13.8 boards and won the Rookie of the Year award. His coach, Red Holzman, noted, “We didn’t ever hope that anybody could be that good.” His second year, Pettit averaged 25.7 and 16.2. In 1958, Pettit lead the Hawks to the NBA Finals against Bill Russell and the Celtics. The Hawks won the chip—the franchise hasn’t won another since—with Pettit going for 50 points in the decisive Game 6. As Bill Russell himself said, “Bob made ‘second effort’ a part of the sport’s vocabulary.”—LW

15. Julius Erving
If it wasn’t for Dr. J, there is no SLAM. I have 180 words with which to justify his placement on this list, but I could have ended after those first 10 and been done with it. Because without the Doctor, I’m not writing this at all. Julius Erving didn’t invent the dunk, it just seems that way. Wilt Chamberlain, then a student at the University of Kansas, was dunking on a 12-foot basket as early as the mid ’50s. Doc wasn’t even the first guy to dunk from the free-throw line—Jim Pollard had done it as early as the late ’40s. In fact, the NCAA had banned dunking by the time Erving started at UMass in 1968. What Erving did was turn the dunk into an offensive weapon, a tool with which to demoralize and destroy. Ask Bill Walton. Ask Michael Cooper. Yes, he won four MVPs (three in the ABA). Yes, he won three championships (two in the ABA). Yes, he was the main reason behind the ABA/NBA merger. But mostly, without him, there is no us.—R. Bengtson

16. Moses Malone
I’m old enough to have seen Moses Malone play basketball, but I mostly remembered the older, balding, bespectled, paunchy Moses who played out his career in a series of stints in peculiar locales (including Milwaukee and San Antonio). The Moses I don’t remember seeing is the man who parted the waters for players to go pro straight out of high school, the 6-10 center who averaged 24.8 points per game and 17.7 rebounds per game as a 23-year-old. Counting the two seasons he played in the ABA right after high school, Moses played 21 years of pro ball and retired with averages of 20.3 and 12.3. He won an NBA title and a Finals MVP, was a three-time regular season MVP, was an 11-time All-Star, led the NBA in rebounds per game six different times, and even led the NBA in minutes per game twice. Why, you may ask, is Moses ranked below Dr. J, when Moses’s stats and legacy are obviously superior? Well, Dr. J had a cool afro and could dunk. Other than that, I’m not sure why. Let my people go.—LW

17. John Havlicek
Tireless, gutsy, smart, scrappy and winner are all adjectives people used to describe Hondo’s game. The 6-5 guard/forward was certainly tireless, averaging more than 35 mpg nine different times. Gutsy also works, too, as Havlicek played through injuries, playing less than 75 games only once in his 16-year career. In that career, he managed to average over 20 ppg, 6 rpg and 4 apg, showing he was smart with the rock. It’s not just the stats, though; it was the way he accumulated them. Whether starting or coming off the pine, whether picking-and-popping or driving to the hoop, whether rebounding or passing, Havlicek did it all to the fullest. And that’s why he was the winner he was, pocketing eight championships. If you add it all together, one word can be used to describe him: complete.—TT

18. Karl Malone
Behind Karl Malone’s ringless fingers are two fists full of honors and records, of which we can only begin to highlight here. Malone was an All-Star every season from 1988 to 2002. He finished among the top eight in MVP voting for 14 straight seasons, and he won the award twice. He was First Team All-NBA for 11 straight years. He finished in the top 10 in total rebounds and top 5 in scoring for 13 consecutive seasons. Malone never missed more than two games in a season with the Jazz and played in the Playoffs every year of his career. He’s second all-time in career points and first in field goals made. Karl Malone was the prototype of being consistently great. And it doesn’t take a title to prove it.—Ryne Nelson

19. Isiah Thomas
Some of you under the age of 30 might look at Isiah Thomas’s ranking and shrug your shoulders, only knowing him from his scandal-ridden tenure with the Knicks. But settle down and learn something: Not only does he belong here, but there’s no debate about it. Clutch, quick and tough-minded, Zeke was a hard match-up for backcourt and frontcourt players alike. He routinely broke down his initial defenders and drove to the rack with determination. Additionally, he was an asshole (I mean that in a good way) to match, with a mean streak that only intensified his competitiveness. Thomas was the brains behind those fabled Detroit Pistons Bad Boys teams in the late ’80s and early ’90s. He scored over 18,000 points, dished out over 9,000 assists, was selected for a dozen All-Star games and was named the 1990 Finals MVP.—KS

20. Charles Barkley
Before the fat jokes every Thursday night and before senior citizen challenges at All-Star Weekend, there was a man who stood 6-4, who pumped fear into opponents and laid down the law in the paint. Often we give credit to those oversized with exceptional skill, and just as often we overlook the undersized players who cast just as large of a shadow. But how can anyone overlook someone who gives you 22 ppg with 12 rpg over the course of 16 years in the League? Yeah, Sir Charles didn’t get the one nice piece of jewelry he was aiming for, but he has his spot in the HOF, plus an MVP, a gold medal and countless other achievements. Plain and simple, Barkley was one of the toughest forwards to play this game. And some might even say he’s a great role model for future Hall of Famers.—KP

ElNono
03-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Heres another list, not a forum one

http://www.hoopsmanifesto.com/articles/basketball/top-10-nba-players-of-all-time.html

10. Oscar
9. Duncan
8. Kobe
7. Shaq
6. Wilt
5. Bird
4. Kareem
3. Russell
2. Magic
1. MJ

What's next? Hoopsworld? Bleacher report? :rollin

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 08:18 PM
prove that Kobe is not top 10

Kobe - 5 rings, 2 finals mvps, 1 mvp

West - 1 ring, 0 finals mvps, 0 mvp
Oscar - 1 ring, 0 finals mvp, 1 mvp

MVPs in your argument? Wow..you really are a statfag...and an idiot.

Deuce Bigalow
03-30-2012, 08:19 PM
^ that was in 2009, slam made a new one in 2011

Deuce Bigalow
03-30-2012, 08:20 PM
prove that Kobe isn't top 10

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 08:21 PM
and rings? So I guess

Sam Jones, Tom Heinsohn, Satch Sanders, Jim Luscutoff, Frank Ramsey, Robert Horry, Jim Pollard, Slater Martin, Larry Siegfried, Michael Cooper, Ron Harper, and Steve Kerr are all > Kobe? There are others ahead of Kobe in rings, but most of those guys could actually be argued as better than Kobe.

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 08:22 PM
^ that was in 2009, slam made a new one in 2011

They did one in 2011 for the best players of today...in 2011. Not of all time, statfag.

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 08:23 PM
prove that Kobe isn't top 10

prove he is

Deuce Bigalow
03-30-2012, 08:23 PM
and rings? So I guess

Sam Jones, Tom Heinsohn, Satch Sanders, Jim Luscutoff, Frank Ramsey, Robert Horry, Jim Pollard, Slater Martin, Larry Siegfried, Michael Cooper, Ron Harper, and Steve Kerr are all > Kobe? There are others ahead of Kobe in rings, but most of those guys could actually be argued as better than Kobe.

They are on the same level dude, you're so smart:rolleyes

Deuce Bigalow
03-30-2012, 08:24 PM
prove he is

Give me a general list of the 25 players ever

then I'll rank Kobe

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Give me a general list of the 25 players ever

then I'll rank Kobe

already did top 20...here's 21-25

21. Rick Barry
Rick Barry’s prime was divided between the NBA, the ABA and various courtrooms, as the leagues fought over him. This reflected the tumult of the times but also overshadowed the fact that he was one of the game’s all-time greatest offensive players, scoring over 25,000 points in 14 seasons. “Rick had a tremendous outside shot,” recalls Chet Walker. “If we had had three-pointers during our era, this guy would have been truly unstoppable.” Barry led the NBA in scoring his second season with 35.6 ppg, but the League sued him when he tried to jump to the ABA. He was forced to sit out a year before his 34 ppg led the rival league in ’69. He returned to the NBA after four years. “Rick was as good at working the pick and roll as any forward ever,” recalls Slick Watts, who teamed with Barry on the Rockets, “He could shoot or pass great coming off a screen from a big guy, and he could also put the ball down once or twice, then score on anyone.”—AP

22. John Stockton
First all-time in assists (5,000 more than second place). First all-time in steals (700 more than second place). John Stockton didn’t just exceed what anyone thought a 6-1, 175-pound guard out of Gonzaga could do, he absolutely demolished expectations. Working brilliantly alongside Karl Malone and Jerry Sloan for the only team he’d ever suit up for (a record 19 seasons with one franchise), Stock ran the game at both ends of the floor with supernatural hands and unprecedented guile. The biggest negative to Stock’s career is his lack of a ring, but you can blame MJ for that. It should go without saying, given the outrageous numbers Stock put up, but dude hardly ever missed a game; in 17 of his seasons he didn’t miss a single outing, including closing his career with five straight seasons starting every possible game. And the 10-time All-Star wasn’t out there for charity—in ’02-03, his last campaign, Stock quietly led the NBA in assists per 48 minutes. He’s headed into the Hall this fall…though most people won’t notice cause you know who’s going in, too.—BO

23. Elvin Hayes
The Big E infuriated coaches and drove teammates crazy, but that marvelous turnaround jumper of his helped him become the sixth-leading scorer in NBA history. The top overall pick of the San Diego Rockets in ’68 after playing in one of the most famous college games in history (a 71-69 win for his Houtson Cougars over UCLA), Hayes led the NBA in scoring as a rookie and soon became one of the most productive and durable big men in history. In 1972, the Rockets traded Hayes to the Bullets, where he joined Wes Unseld on one of basketball’s most formidable front lines. Hayes helped the Bullets to the ’75 Finals, but a surprising four-game loss to Golden State earned the Big E criticism from those who considered him a selfish player. Three years later, he lifted Washington to the title, earning vindication against his detractors. Hayes finished his 16-year career in Houston and is remembered as a pioneering power forward and force on offense and the backboards.—Michael Bradley

24. Bob Cousy
When you think of razzle-dazzle and creative handles, you probably think of streetball. But long before the AND 1 Mixtape Tour, Boston Celtics point guard Bob Cousy was known as the “Houdini of the Hardwood.” Cousy helped contribute six titles to the greatest dynasty in any sport of all time. And even though his numbers won’t blow you away (18.4 ppg, 7.5 apg, 5.2 rpg), his crossover would crack any present day below-average NBA defender’s ankles. The New York native pioneered leading the break with behind-the-back dribbles and no-look passes that seemed headed nowhere until you saw a teammate swoop in and finish off the dime. He saw what other people didn’t see, and he knew what to do when he saw the opening. Cousy’s innovation shaped ballhandling on all levels of the game forever.—MC

25. David Robinson
Basketball, like life, is funny. In both cases, one or two moments can come to define your existence. Take David Robinson, a guy who averaged 24 ppg, 12 rpg and 4 bpg as a rookie, and went for 30 and 11 a few years later. Ten-time All-Star. Rookie of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, League MVP. Dream Teamer. And yet when I think of David Robinson, what do I think of? The guy Dream embarrassed in the Playoffs. The guy whose greatest contribution to his franchise was missing most of the ’96-97 season. But this is my problem, not his. For the first half of his career, David Robinson was all-world. For the second half, he was “only” a terrific, selfless role player with two rings to show for it. Nothing funny about that.—RJ

Really want to see where you rank him..this will be hilarious.

Deuce Bigalow
03-30-2012, 08:26 PM
give me the 2011 SLAM top 25, not 2009

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 08:27 PM
give me the 2011 SLAM top 25, not 2009

Idiot..2011 is the top players of today, in 2011. We're talking all time.

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 08:29 PM
Here...found it.

1. Michael Jordan
2. Wilt Chamberlain
3. Bill Russell
4. Shaquille O’Neal
5. Oscar Robertson
6. Magic Johnson
7. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
8. Tim Duncan
9. Larry Bird
10. Kobe Bryant
11. Jerry West
12. Elgin Baylor
13. Hakeem Olajuwon
14. Bob Petit
15. Moses Malone
16. Julius Erving
17. John Havlicek
18. Karl Malone
19. Isiah Thomas
20. Charles Barkley
21. Rick Barry
22. John Stockton
23. Elvin Hayes
24. Bob Cousy
25. David Robinson

I'd put West ahead of Kobe..maybe even Baylor, or Hakeem.

Deuce Bigalow
03-30-2012, 08:29 PM
TOP 500 NBA PLAYERS OF ALL-TIME:

1. Michael Jordan
2. Wilt Chamberlain
3. Bill Russell
4. Shaquille O’Neal
5. Oscar Robertson
6. Magic Johnson
7. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
8. Tim Duncan
9. Larry Bird
10. Kobe Bryant
11. Jerry West
12. Elgin Baylor
13. Hakeem Olajuwon
14. Bob Petit
15. Moses Malone
16. Julius Erving
17. John Havlicek
18. Karl Malone
19. Isiah Thomas
20. Charles Barkley
21. Rick Barry
22. John Stockton
23. Elvin Hayes
24. Bob Cousy
25. David Robinson

That is the newest version. Can we all agree that this is generally accepted as the best 25 players ever?
If so then I'll rank Kobe's accomplishments compared to the top 25

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 08:31 PM
TOP 500 NBA PLAYERS OF ALL-TIME:

1. Michael Jordan
2. Wilt Chamberlain
3. Bill Russell
4. Shaquille O’Neal
5. Oscar Robertson
6. Magic Johnson
7. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
8. Tim Duncan
9. Larry Bird
10. Kobe Bryant
11. Jerry West
12. Elgin Baylor
13. Hakeem Olajuwon
14. Bob Petit
15. Moses Malone
16. Julius Erving
17. John Havlicek
18. Karl Malone
19. Isiah Thomas
20. Charles Barkley
21. Rick Barry
22. John Stockton
23. Elvin Hayes
24. Bob Cousy
25. David Robinson

That is the newest version. Can we all agree that this is generally accepted as the best 25 players ever?
If so then I'll rank Kobe's accomplishments compared to the top 25

LMAO...nobody's going to care where your homer ass ranks Kobe.

MR.SILVER&BLack
03-30-2012, 08:32 PM
I honestly have never heard of any of the sites that Stat Fag is trying to debate.

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 08:33 PM
I honestly have never heard of any of the sites that Stat Fag is trying to debate.

He's just looking for places that rank Kobe ahead of Tim...all crap sites.

Giuseppe
LMAO...nobody's going to care where your homer ass ranks Kobe.

The only thing that matters is:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

Spursfan092120
the only thing that matters is:::

the tired old shit bag duncan: 4

Giuseppe
03-30-2012, 08:34 PM

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 08:36 PM

Now...championships as team leader

Let us proceed.

Giuseppe
03-30-2012, 08:38 PM
Now...championships as team leader

Let us proceed.

You can have that concession.

I do:::

That's it, and that's all.

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 08:40 PM
You can have that concession.

I do:::

Pippen: 6

Rapist/Adulterer: 5

z0sa
03-30-2012, 08:41 PM

Liar

Giuseppe
03-30-2012, 08:42 PM
Pippen: 6

Rapist/Adulterer: 5

Fine. You have that one.

I got:::

KobeOwnsDuncan
03-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Kobe's place in the top 10 is legit simply because he played the position he was supposed to play. Duncan on the other hand wouldn't even sniff the top 50 had he played Center.

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Fine. You have that one.

I got:::

Too bad Kome can't play defense....and is one of the worst team players in NBA history.

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 08:45 PM
Kobe's place in the top 10 is legit simply because he played the position he was supposed to play. Duncan on the other hand wouldn't even sniff the top 50 had he played Center.

LMAO..who the fuck are you to say what position he was supposed to play? He was a PF in college...where does it say he's supposed to be a C?

KobeOwnsDuncan
03-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Too bad Kome can't play defense....and is one of the worst team players in NBA history.
Duncan took the easy road and had weak competition to guard at the PF spot.

Giuseppe
03-30-2012, 08:48 PM

Still:::

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Duncan took the easy road and had weak competition to guard at the PF spot.

He guards PFs and C's...dumbass...you're about as smart as statboy.

MR.SILVER&BLack
03-30-2012, 08:52 PM

Probably the same guy

BlairForceDejuan
03-30-2012, 08:54 PM
lol @ James Worthy just calling Bynum a little crybaby bitch on natl sports radio.

KobeOwnsDuncan
03-30-2012, 08:58 PM

Read my post again and this time read it slow, tardface. I said he had weak competition at the PF spot.

BanditHiro
03-30-2012, 08:58 PM

he would be 4 below Wilt Kareem Russell. He is a top 10 player regardless of his position

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Read my post again and this time read it slow, tardface. I said he had weak competition at the PF spot.

Idiot..you said he had weak competition at the PF spot..BUT HE GUARDED BOTH!! Everyone guards other positions at some points. So I guess because of his size, Kobe should be guarding SF's like Lebron, but he took the easy way out and decided to guard SGs. Guess Pop wouldn't have anything to do with who Tim guards.

KobeOwnsDuncan
03-30-2012, 09:01 PM
he would be 4 below Wilt Kareem Russell. He is a top 10 player regardless of his position
:lmao Try again. Its Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem. Duncan doesnt even make top 10.

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 09:03 PM

You truly are an idiot. lol Hakeem > Tim.

ElNono
03-30-2012, 09:04 PM

:lol history2bs
:lol Steve Blake
:lol ESPN forums
:lol shit takes all around

Deuce Bigalow
03-30-2012, 09:06 PM
Kobe Bryant's ranking compared to the top 25 players of all-time

Championships (5) - 3rd, tied with Johnson
Finals MVPs (2) - 3rd, tied with Abdul-Jabbar, Bird, Olajuwon, Reed
MVPs (1) - 6th, tied with O'Neal, Robertson, Olajuwon, Erving, Barkley, Robinson, Cousy
All-NBA Teams (13) - 3rd, tied with Duncan
All-Star Teams (13) - 3rd, tied with Jordan, Garnett, Malone, West
All-NBA First Teams (9) - 3rd, tied with Duncan
Scoring Titles (2) - 3rd, tied with Abdul-Jabbar, O'Neal
Points (29,306) - 5th
Playoff Points (5,280) - 3rd

I rank him 7th all-time. He is definitely top 10

ElNono
03-30-2012, 09:07 PM
^ Not top 10... debatable whether he's top 20

KobeOwnsDuncan
03-30-2012, 09:07 PM
You truly are an idiot. lol Hakeem > Tim.
Hakeem = better player. Tim has the accomplishments because he played PF, so nice try. Hakeem was an undersized center who should have actually been a PF. Too bad Tim didn't take the challenge.

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 09:08 PM

MVPs (1) - 6th, tied with O'Neal, Robertson, Olajuwon, Erving, Barkley, Robinson, Cousy
Points (29,306) - 5th

I rank him 7th all-time. He is definitely top 10
Statboy...idiot...you need to play defense to be in the Top 10. Sorry.

Deuce Bigalow
03-30-2012, 09:08 PM

Points (29,306) - 5th

try again

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 09:09 PM
LMAO using Scoring titles and All Star teams for rankings...

KobeOwnsDuncan
03-30-2012, 09:10 PM
You just used the accomplishment argument to rank Duncan above The Dream.

ElNono
03-30-2012, 09:10 PM
try again

Deuce Bigalow
03-30-2012, 09:11 PM
Statboy...idiot...you need to play defense to be in the Top 10. Sorry.

with defense added

All-Defensive Teams (11) - 2nd tied with Abdul-Jabbar, Ganrett
Points (29,306) - 5th

Deuce Bigalow
03-30-2012, 09:12 PM

WTF. what do you want me to put?

I just put championhships, finals mvps, mvps, all nba teams, allstar teams, all defensive teams, scoring titles, points, and playoff points

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 09:13 PM
You just used the accomplishment argument to rank Duncan above The Dream.

Where? All I said was Tim was better than Hakeem, which he was. Didn't use anything to prove it. Don't think I need to.

ElNono
03-30-2012, 09:13 PM
All-Defensive Teams (11)

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 09:15 PM
WTF. what do you want me to put?

I just put championhships, finals mvps, mvps, all nba teams, allstar teams, all defensive teams, scoring titles, points, and playoff points

When you rank players, it's not just stats, statboy...it's everything...Kobe Bryant is one of the worst team players in NBA history. THAT is why he'll never be Top 10. He doesn't make the people around him better. That is all.

Deuce Bigalow
03-30-2012, 09:16 PM
When you rank players, it's not just stats, statboy...it's everything...Kobe Bryant is one of the worst team players in NBA history. THAT is why he'll never be Top 10. He doesn't make the people around him better. That is all.

I put everything

go ask pau gasol, trevor ariza, odom, ect if kobe makes his teammates better moron

KobeOwnsDuncan
03-30-2012, 09:17 PM
Where? All I said was Tim was better than Hakeem, which he was. Didn't use anything to prove it. Don't think I need to.
Duncan couldn't hold Hakeem's jock, and neither could Robinson. You can't prove Duncan was better because he wasn't.

ElNono
03-30-2012, 09:17 PM
I put everything

go ask pau gasol, trevor ariza, odom, ect if kobe makes his teammates better moron

Maybe we should ask Odom before Gasol came around...
Or Bynum...

KobeOwnsDuncan
03-30-2012, 09:18 PM
All-Defensive Teams (11)

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao
Yet you claim Kobe's all defensive team awards to be false because its a "media award". So which is it?

Spursfan092120
I put everything

Have you even watched him play this year? Look at his numbers. He's horrible. Tim is twice the player Kobe is this year. It's getting hard to watch him. Kobe averages just over 1 steal a game and a half block a game. If you really think he earned those All Defensive Teams and they weren't handed to him because of who he is, then God Bless you, but you are a fucking dumbass.

ElNono
Duncan couldn't hold Hakeem's jock, and neither could Robinson. You can't prove Duncan was better because he wasn't.

:lol calculated shitbombs
:lol getting toyed with
:lol proving Kobe isn't a glorified T-Mac

ElNono
03-30-2012, 09:19 PM
Yet you claim Kobe's all defensive team awards to be false because its a "media award". So which is it?

Tell me more about Steve Blake being a good defender :lmao

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 09:19 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

ElNono
03-30-2012, 09:20 PM
Kobenut fans are hilarious... there's not a single time their thread don't backfire...

And that's on Kobe, tbh

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 09:20 PM
and who said anything about 5 Oh?

ElNono
03-30-2012, 09:21 PM
and who said anything about 5 Oh?

It's a calculated shitbomb... :lmao

He's been carefully planning to drop it :lmao

KobeOwnsDuncan
03-30-2012, 09:22 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
Duncan's only rival was Shaq, and Duncan was the help defender most of the time. :lmao:lmao:lmao

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Kobenut fans are hilarious... there's not a single time their thread don't backfire...

And that's on Kobe, tbh

http://sports.gunaxin.com/most-hated-sports-personalities/25133

Most hated Sports Personalities...Kome is #3. :lmao at this article.

Why you should hate him:If only he didn’t rape so much. Bryant is blamed for breaking up the early 2000s Lakers (an amazing feat since he wasn’t even on the team when it happen – he was a free agent), for being a ball hog, and for being an all-around asshole. Let’s not forget that he nearly cried his way off the Lakers a few years back when he decided they didn’t have enough talent for him. This was despite the fact he voluntarily chose to resign with the team.

He’s been described as friendless, someone who constantly turns on people in his life, and overall generally disliked. Well except in China, where he was adored at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. But then again, China’s food and toys seem littered with poison, so I wouldn’t put too much stock in what they think. They could be as mad as a hatter. Here’s a video dedicated to the Anti-Kobe movement.

ElNono
Duncan's only rival was Shaq, and Duncan was the help defender most of the time. :lmao:lmao:lmao

So was Shaq :lmao:lmao:lmao

Having to go get Ariza and Artest because that lazy ass won't guard anybody :lmao

Cry Havoc
Any list that has Hakeem out of the top 10 is flat out bonkers.

Spursfan092120
03-30-2012, 09:27 PM
Any list that has Hakeem out of the top 10 is flat out bonkers.

I think Hakeem belongs in the Top 10..but not ahead of Duncan. But tbh, most lists have Hakeem out of the Top 10.

Cry Havoc
03-30-2012, 09:40 PM
I think Hakeem belongs in the Top 10..but not ahead of Duncan. But tbh, most lists have Hakeem out of the Top 10.

Most lists I've seen have him hovering around #7/#8.

DMC
04-01-2012, 07:58 PM
"if"

Duncan 8th all time

Kobe 10th

:lmao:lmao

Ring argument

:lmao:lmao:lmao

DMC
04-01-2012, 08:01 PM

Calculated shit bombs :lmao

Arcadian
04-01-2012, 08:26 PM

This is nonsense. The PF is actually one of the most competitive positions, especially in the last two decades.

How many "all time great" PGs are there? Magic, Oscar, West, Cousy...Nash?

How many "all time great" SGs are there? Jordan, Bryant...Wade?

How many "all time great" SFs are there? Bird, Dr. J, Rick Barry...LeBron?

The PF and C are the most competitive positions by far.

In the last decade alone, we've had Duncan, Garnett, Nowitzki, Webber, Stoudemire, Rasheed, Brand, etc.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192952&highlight=year+power+forward

Hell, even for PFs and Cs, there weren't long lists before 1990.

How many "all time great" Centers were there pre-1990? Wilt, Kareem, Moses...Mikan?