PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who doesnt want to see houston in the first round

freetiago
03-30-2012, 10:39 PM
Marcus Camby has always shutdown the paint vs the spurs
and lowry going down might be better for houston
it allows spur killer goran dragic to play full time
Scola always drops 20+ efficiently vs SA also

they split the season series also, and most games were played til the last possesion

justinandimcool
03-30-2012, 10:44 PM
I don't think we'd lose, but it would be tough. Definitely would rather see Denver/Utah.

IknowU
03-30-2012, 11:05 PM
Rockets have their own silent assassin....that Chandler Parsons kid

dbestpro
03-30-2012, 11:07 PM
Yes, you are the only one.

therealtruth
03-30-2012, 11:09 PM
It might be a good test like the Trailblazers were for the Mavs last year. Part of the reason Scola drops 20 is he's able to take advantage of Blair's lack of defense.

freetiago
03-30-2012, 11:10 PM
theyve gotten a lot better since spurs played them last
parsons has become an all rookie first team member
even got praise from kome
and courtney lee is a solid 2 way player

idk what the situation is with kevin martin but hes always up to abusing the spurs for going under screens

sananspursfan21
03-30-2012, 11:36 PM
I for one am not too worried about anyone but i spose they would kinda suck

100%duncan
03-30-2012, 11:37 PM
It will be ok. The scariest first round opponent will be Denver for me, quick and young guys, I know they don't seem to be that good but that's just me. Utah will be the best for us though.

T Park
03-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Marcus Camby might be the most overrated player on these boards I've ever seen...

Brazil
03-31-2012, 12:06 AM

Spurs da champs
03-31-2012, 12:42 AM
The only scary thing about them is Goran Dragic.

mkurts
03-31-2012, 01:41 AM
Not worried at all - if you have been keeping up you'd know the Spurs are a much more complete team after the acquisition of Jax and Mills, and with Ginobili healthy, they have no chance.

They may win 1 or 2 games but that's about as much damage they can do before they go down the toilet and are flushed out of the playoffs.

ElNono
03-31-2012, 03:15 AM

capek
03-31-2012, 03:57 AM
I would love this matchup. Not really for basketball reasons, because I don't think any of the potential 1st round matchups will give us too much of a problem. But I can see the Toyota Center from my balcony, so I would absolutely love it if we end up playing Houston in the first round and I get a chance to act a fool rooting for the Spurs live and taking on the Rockets fans in some good natured shit talkery.

TE
03-31-2012, 04:21 AM
If they meet Houston, the series will easily go at most 5 games. I can see a sweep though.

100%duncan
03-31-2012, 06:46 AM
Have you seen the Rockets lately? They have been crap.

Kuestmaster
03-31-2012, 07:06 AM
I'd rather play Houston or Denver than the Jazz. I don't like their frountcourt. Good frountcourt always give us problems.

TJastal
03-31-2012, 07:06 AM
Have you seen the Rockets lately? They have been crap.

That usually happens when two of your best players are out of the lineup.

100%duncan
03-31-2012, 07:08 AM
That usually happens when two of your best players are out of the lineup.

That's what I'm saying. They're not healthy and when those 2 comeback the team will have no chemistry. In short, CRAP.

TJastal
03-31-2012, 07:14 AM
That's what I'm saying. They're not healthy and when those 2 comeback the team will have no chemistry. In short, CRAP.

Why would you assume they'll have no chemistry? It's not like the guys coming back have never played with the team before. They might need a week or two to find their conditioning but after that watch out.

That's a scary team once Lowery and Martin are back in the lineup.

TJastal
03-31-2012, 07:24 AM
Just checked on Martin, there's no timetable for his return. He could be done for the year. If so, they're not as scary but still formidable nonetheless.

100%duncan
03-31-2012, 07:48 AM
Why would you assume they'll have no chemistry? It's not like the guys coming back have never played with the team before. They might need a week or two to find their conditioning but after that watch out.

That's a scary team once Lowery and Martin are back in the lineup.

Every team has chemistry problems nowadays. And they might need two weeks, minimum, and it means they're fucked up come playoff time.

pgardn
03-31-2012, 07:54 AM
Camby has always shut us down the paint?

Jesus the Nuggets did not even put him on Duncan when Camby was the defensive player of the year. Straight up, Duncan is too strong. Camby comes off his man to shut down the paint. He is good at getting guards that get through, but he has a tough time straight up.

This being said I dont particularly like the Mavs or the Rockets against us. Imo they do play harder and have a tendency not to completely fall apart against us. A team like the Lakers is a bad matchup. But if we get up on them, I think they crater easier this season. Bynum might be their best player but also will go "mental". And of course Artest and Barnes are there to settle him down. Laker haters take heart. After watching OKC play very poorly and still beat them... Easy to get in their heads.

T Park
03-31-2012, 07:56 AM
Lowery is out for the year and Martin is thought of as well.
They're not even making it. Utah? Lol yeah ok. Ooo real scary.

100%duncan
03-31-2012, 08:00 AM

A lot of guys in this forum are overrating Houston and Utah,tbh.

acoelho1
03-31-2012, 08:19 AM
Funny...I rather play Houston than Denver or Utah. The reg season is one thing but in the playoffs, we will own them.

Rapper
03-31-2012, 08:26 AM

Wild Cobra Kai
03-31-2012, 08:42 AM
Marcus Camby might be the most overrated player on these boards I've ever seen...

This. There is a reason that his nickname is Cotton Camby. Hes mentally weak. He completely checked out in Portland this year. If you get HOU on the ropes, he'll do the same there. He's never given us playoff problems. We knocked his Denver teams out twice, quite handily.

There is rarely an "easy out" any year in the WC. You can find quality traits for any team. When you do, turn it around, and look to see what problems WE pose for them. In Houston's case, that's a lot of problems we pose, like not only ungodly depth, but QUALITY depth. Our starters and bench are both better than theirs. Hell, our bench woul give their starters fits.

Chomag
03-31-2012, 09:33 AM
If Spurs are "TRUE" championship contenders then we sould not worry about anyone they play. Just saying...

Being the champs means you got to be able to beat anybody at anyday.

elemento
03-31-2012, 09:54 AM
You're the only one

We are stronger in every single position except PF and our bench is better.

The only team i want do avoid in the 1st round is Memphis for obvious reasons, even though i don't think they're better now than they were last season. Rudy Guy doesn't scare me at all and he is taking a lot of shots from Gasol and Z-Bo, something i love facing them.

NRHector
03-31-2012, 10:38 AM
Bring Houston or anybody, the Spurs are rolling with 5 cylinders right now, once the the defense is ready then it'll be 6 cylinders

DesignatedT
03-31-2012, 10:49 AM
Be a shitload better than Memphis or Dallas round 1.

Give me Utah/Denver or Houston. Probably in that order.

fotan2
03-31-2012, 11:03 AM
i would tank to get Memphis just for the hell of it.

will_spurs
03-31-2012, 11:07 AM
Being the champs means you got to be able to beat anybody at anyday.

That's the theory. More often than not, the reality of it is that the eventual champ faced good favorable match-ups, teams with a key player injured, etc.

Path of least resistance > everything.

TheSkeptic
03-31-2012, 11:17 AM
Scola > Duncan? :lol

Obviously but because Blair is simply not capable of anchoring a defense, that match-up is more like Duncan > Dalembert.

Just saying.

Spurs da champs
03-31-2012, 03:02 PM
Scola > Duncan? :lol

Duncan is the center, man how stupid are you?

Spursmania
03-31-2012, 04:30 PM

dunkman
03-31-2012, 04:36 PM

Horse
04-02-2012, 12:38 PM
No shit Duncan has always owned his punk-ass.

Proxy
04-02-2012, 12:41 PM
I wouldn't mind not seeing Houston in the first round... everything considered, they play with confidence against the Spurs. I'd rather the first round not be a physical series.

Carnage&Mayhem
04-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Im worried that Houston has some Vendetta for their more successful Texan counterparts. We've played them 6 times and broke even on the wins/losses. Optimally I want Utah first round, but would take Houston over the Nuggets.

Keepin' it real
04-02-2012, 03:40 PM
I hope the Spurs play Houston at some point in this year's playoffs. I'm still waiting for payback for the 1995 series!

Gospursel
04-02-2012, 05:05 PM
if they were full strength I would not want to face them. They seem to be one of those teams that can keep up with anyone in the league but wind up loosing most close games.

Blake
04-02-2012, 05:41 PM
I can envision the Spurs sweeping them.

Wild Cobra Kai
04-02-2012, 08:26 PM
if they were full strength I would not want to face them. They seem to be one of those teams that can keep up with anyone in the league but wind up loosing most close games.

That would be a reason you would WANT to face them

Sean Cagney
04-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Marcus Camby has always shutdown the paint vs the spurs

Like 99, 05 and 07 right?? :lol
No shit Duncan has always owned his punk-ass.

Yep, no clue where dude got he shuts down the paint vs the Spurs crap from, no stats to back it nor series to speak of.

100%duncan
04-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Like 99, 05 and 07 right?? :lol

Yep, no clue where dude got he shuts down the paint vs the Spurs crap from, no stats to back it nor series to speak of.

Dude was on meth.

TDMVPDPOY
04-02-2012, 10:15 PM
lol op mentionin camby shuttin down the spurs, watta fkn joke the OP is....what happen to the year he won DPOY, duncan destroyed that clown first round playoffs...

freetiago
04-03-2012, 12:41 AM
go back and watch the first portland vs spurs game this year
parker getting his shit sent back and camby controlling the paint forcing the players to shoot
the only reason spurs won that game was because camby went down on his ankle and had to leave

Sean Cagney
04-03-2012, 01:16 AM
go back and watch the first portland vs spurs game this year
parker getting his shit sent back and camby controlling the paint forcing the players to shoot
the only reason spurs won that game was because camby went down on his ankle and had to leave

STFU stop it you have no basis a tall, you go to one game or so.. I mention series where he got fucked up by Duncan etc., you mention one game this year or so! Just stop it. STOP IT. You can't win here, we have series upon series of proof, you have one game this year or maybe another one too? Other than that? :lmao:rollin

tediousj
04-03-2012, 01:27 AM
Why worry about something you have no control over? Who cares which teams end up with what seed. You play who you play. And Camby is a clown. You are overrating the effect he would have on the series.

sehui
04-03-2012, 01:47 AM
I feel like whoever we face in the first round will likely all be around the same amount of difficulty.

I'm referring to Denver/Utah/Houston. They could all potentially upset us due to our weak interior defense, injury prone players, and we live/die by the 3.

TJastal
04-06-2012, 11:10 PM

Both expected back next week, according to new reports I'm hearing. Guess I'd rather have the rockets than LA or Mem though.

siraulo23
04-06-2012, 11:20 PM
lowry, martin, scola, dragic

even lee and that kid budinger kills the spurs

holy shit

TJastal
04-07-2012, 12:05 AM
lowry, martin, scola, dragic

even lee and that kid budinger kills the spurs

holy shit

Yep they taking care of the lakers tonight too. The rockets are no joke.

freetiago
04-07-2012, 12:35 AM
gave chicago a beatdown at their house
and now just outclutched the fakers at staples center

spur fans should get use to watching the rockets
our team will look like theres in 2-3 years once ginobili and duncan retire

and we played them throughout the years when they had the undersized center even by spurs standard chuck hayes patrolling the paint
camby makes them a lot better with a rotation of scola, camby, dalembert

TheSkeptic
04-07-2012, 12:44 AM
Not at all. If the only other options are like the Lakers or the Grizzlies then you roll the dice and take Houston. But I definitely wouldn't be happy about it.

The Rockets have always been kind of dangerous because they hustle and never give up on plays. Now that they seem to be clicking on all cylinders, I just don't think they'll be an easy out for anyone.

Where the Spurs are concerned Dragic puts it over the edge for me:I want to avoid them.

JRHernandez88
04-07-2012, 12:48 AM
They have played us well this season but that was in the beginning of the year. I would like to see us play them again with this squad but overall I'm not too worried.

therealtruth
04-07-2012, 12:49 AM
gave chicago a beatdown at their house
and now just outclutched the fakers at staples center

spur fans should get use to watching the rockets
our team will look like theres in 2-3 years once ginobili and duncan retire

and we played them throughout the years when they had the undersized center even by spurs standard chuck hayes patrolling the paint
camby makes them a lot better with a rotation of scola, camby, dalembert

McHale recognizes the importance of having a quality big rotation. If they face the Spurs he will focus on attacking the Spurs weak interior.

TheSkeptic
04-07-2012, 12:53 AM
McHale recognizes the importance of having a quality big rotation. If they face the Spurs he will focus on attacking the Spurs weak interior.

Oh yeah they've got McHale. :depressed

DAF86
04-07-2012, 12:54 AM
Utah, Denver then Houston.

Slo spurs fan
04-07-2012, 01:11 AM
And Spurs could have had Dragic coming in for Tony and Manu from the bench. Still think that was a good trade? :(

Spurs da champs
04-07-2012, 01:20 AM
And Spurs could have had Dragic coming in for Tony and Manu from the bench. Still think that was a good trade? :(

No, but hey we got Leonard out of it.

Texas_Ranger
04-07-2012, 01:27 AM
Dragic would play like 10 minutes a game if he was here, and after 2 years of backing up Tony he would turn into Beno, so I'm not really that sad, but I'm very happy to see him play that good and he deserves to be a starter, if not on the Rockets then on another team and Dragic/Lee looks better to me than Lowry/Martin. Plus Dragic as a starter looks better than Lowry and I'm not a homer cause I'm always critical on slovenian players.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
04-07-2012, 02:04 AM

Yeah, and a certain Argentinian power forward instead of Blair or Bonner...oh wait... been a long time since

Scola thread!

therealtruth
04-07-2012, 03:12 AM
The Rockets might end up being a dangerous team. Like last year you always get those eighth seeds who aren't really eight seeds because of injuries and other issues. The Rockets were around fourth before they had the injuries to Lowry and Martin.