PDA

View Full Version : We have a chance to catch thunder

Rapper
03-31-2012, 03:30 AM
OKC will have 3 tough match-ups coming

1st Apr vs CHI (best record in the league)
2nd Apr vs MEM (b2b)
4th Apr @ MIA (Heat - 13 L)

so....should I root for those teams?

Paranoid Pop
03-31-2012, 04:04 AM
OKC will have 3 tough matct-ups coming

1st Apr vs CHI (best record in the league)
2nd Apr vs MEM (b2b)
4th Apr @ MIA (Heat - 13 L)

so....should I root for those teams?

Who cares... We have tough games and a tough schedule ourselves and getting the top seed doesn't garantee to get the most favorable match-ups.

Rapper
03-31-2012, 04:09 AM
Who cares... We have tough games and a tough schedule ourselves and getting the top seed doesn't garantee to get the most favorable match-ups.

However. being the top seed does guarantee home court advantage throughout the playoffs. at least in the west.

TE
03-31-2012, 04:11 AM
I don't think catching the Thunder is a realistic notion, given how hard they play and try to win night in night out. A close friend of mine is a hardcore Thunder fan and has repeatedly whined about how hard the team, in particular, the core plays every game. My reply to that is the fact that this plays into the Spurs hands. That's the problem with this Thunder team, they're young and relatively inexperienced. Let them spill their collective guts out the rest of the season (and in doing so, put themselves in position to win games). It doesn't matter in the playoffs. I predict the Thunder to be tired if they do get to the WCF finals. Hopefully if the Spurs are facing them, they will take advantage of this.

Rapper
03-31-2012, 04:14 AM
I don't think catching the Thunder is a realistic notion, given how hard they play and try to win night in night out. A close friend of mine is a hardcore Thunder fan and has repeatedly whined about how hard the team, in particular, the core plays every game. My reply to that is the fact that this plays into the Spurs hands. That's the problem with this Thunder team, they're young and relatively inexperienced. Let them spill their collective guts out the rest of the season (and in doing so, put themselves in position to win games). It doesn't matter in the playoffs. I predict the Thunder to be tired if they do get to the WCF finals. Hopefully if the Spurs are facing them, they will take advantage of this.

It would be difficult but not realistic notion man

TE
03-31-2012, 04:18 AM
It would be difficult but not realistic notion man

It's not realistic when the Thunder are treating each game like a playoff game. Let them run their fumes out.

chazley
03-31-2012, 04:41 AM
Their core is all in the early twenties. Doubtful they run out of gas.

We can definitely catch them. I wouldn't bet on it, but not a far fetched idea.

Paranoid Pop
03-31-2012, 04:45 AM
However. being the top seed does guarantee home court advantage throughout the playoffs. at least in the west.

Would you rather give up home court advantage to OKC (where we won) or MIA (where we got slaughtered)?

Anyways the most important thing imo is that we have 3 games remaining vs. LAL, a frontline we would not be thrilled to face in the PO and that could give OKC a hard time with the correct gameplan. Let's win at least 2 of these, ideally 3 and help the Clips to move up to 3rd seed.

100%duncan
03-31-2012, 06:47 AM
Haven't you learned your lessons? Being #1 seed is useless.

JRHernandez88
03-31-2012, 11:53 AM
I think we can, but I think we can take the thunder in 6 games honestly...

Small Fundamental
03-31-2012, 12:25 PM
Would you rather give up home court advantage to OKC (where we won) or MIA (where we got slaughtered)?

Anyways the most important thing imo is that we have 3 games remaining vs. LAL, a frontline we would not be thrilled to face in the PO and that could give OKC a hard time with the correct gameplan. Let's win at least 2 of these, ideally 3 and help the Clips to move up to 3rd seed.To be fair we dominated Miami for the first half of that game.

therealtruth
03-31-2012, 02:40 PM

Anyways the most important thing imo is that we have 3 games remaining vs. LAL, a frontline we would not be thrilled to face in the PO and that could give OKC a hard time with the correct gameplan. Let's win at least 2 of these, ideally 3 and help the Clips to move up to 3rd seed.

Knowing CIA Pop he will probably throw the LA games because he doesn't want to hurt his team's confidence and/or he doesn't want to show his playoff strategy.

maverick1948
03-31-2012, 02:52 PM
The Thunder and Spurs have about wrapped up the 1 and 2 seeds. The rest of the seeds are up for grabs. Let's hope it stays that way and the fight takes more out of the bottom 4 teams who do make the playoffs. Then, we should have an easier time in round 1.

Proxy
03-31-2012, 02:53 PM
Championship teams win on the road.

dbestpro
03-31-2012, 03:51 PM
Knowing CIA Pop he will probably throw the LA games because he doesn't want to hurt his team's confidence and/or he doesn't want to show his playoff strategy.

The Spurs are so deep Pop will have a hard time throwing games the rest of the way.