PDA

View Full Version : New: Jeep Hurricane

Useruser666
06-21-2005, 10:47 AM
http://www.gizmag.com/pictures/hero/3599_11.jpg

January 10, 2005 Jeep dropped a showstopper at the opening of the 2005 North American International Auto Show in Detroit today when it unveiled a radical off-road machine with TWO 5.7 litre V8 engines and a turning circle of ZERO! There are two 5.7-liter HEMI engines in the vehicle: one in the front and one in the back. Both engines deliver 335 horsepower and 370 lb-ft of torque – a total of 670 hp and 740 lb-ft of torque. Both HEMI engines in the Jeep Hurricane are equipped with the Chrysler Group Multi-Displacement System (MDS). Depending on the driver’s needs, the Hurricane can be powered by 4-, 8-, 12- or 16-cylinders. All of that translates into buckets of torque for climbing obstacles and, well having fun. On the tarmac, it has the power and traction to move from 0-60 in less than five seconds.

http://www.gizmag.com/go/3599

MaNuMaNiAc
06-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I don't really think they're going to mass produce it. I think its just a model

SpursWoman
06-21-2005, 10:52 AM
I think it'd take quite a while to get used to driving something like that... :wow

PS - User, free some space in your inbox. :lol

Gatita
06-21-2005, 10:54 AM
:wow What the hell.

ObiwanGinobili
06-21-2005, 10:56 AM
i want that!!
Oh my, I can picture the fun nights of mudding and drinking that Jeep would bring.........

and just to mix it up, sometimes we could take it out to the beach......

yep.
thast a party car.

06-21-2005, 11:01 AM
That's pretty neat, but I really want the "Rescue" that they debuted at last year's show.

http://www.daimlerchrysler.com/Projects/c2c/channel/images/23618_35952_381_253_jeep_rescue_concept.jpg

Jeep® Rescue Concept – the ultimate type of search and rescue vehicle and ultimate execution of a Jeep off-road vehicle
Combining legendary Jeep off-road capability with state-of-the-art search and rescue technology
Mastering the most extreme situations and unforgiving conditions, designed to reach areas in the harshest, most daunting mountainous and desert areas
Classic Jeep Design Taken to An Exciting New Dimension and Extreme
Modern interpretation of the timeless, classic Jeep
Hints at a future design direction for a large Jeep, building on the rugged Jeep heritage to forge an exciting new dimension for the Jeep brand
Can be configured to run almost totally “open” – with folding front windshield and a retractable backlite, a sliding glass sunroof in front, a fold-forward canvas roof in the rear
All four doors are removable
A Rugged Foundation
All-new body-on-frame construction with hydroformed frame rails
80-inch wide chassis with 123-inch wheelbase
Front hydropneumatic suspension combines with the heavy-duty link-coil rear suspension
Suspension with adjustable ride height and an additional 4-inch lift available for fording
37-inch tires feature an MTR tread and run-flat capability
On-board tire pressure control can “tune” tire pressures for maximum traction on all surfaces
Unequalled Rescue Capability
Cummins Diesel engine
Seating for five
AC electric power (10 kW) generation in the field
3-D topographical mapping software and topographical navigation system
Under- chassis, point-of-view cameras for avoiding danger in its path
Passive, infrared (thermal) cameras for search and rescue
Satellite telephone; VHF radio, digital video recorder with satellite transmission capability
Retractable 4-point harnesses for vehicle occupants
Exterior perimeter lighting
White LEV lighting for long distance visual search and reduced power use
Folding seats in rear compartment of vehicle
Remote control winch – front and back

desflood
06-21-2005, 11:27 AM

January 10, 2005 Jeep dropped a showstopper at the opening of the 2005 North American International Auto Show in Detroit today when it unveiled a radical off-road machine with TWO 5.7 litre V8 engines and a turning circle of ZERO! There are two 5.7-liter HEMI engines in the vehicle: one in the front and one in the back. Both engines deliver 335 horsepower and 370 lb-ft of torque – a total of 670 hp and 740 lb-ft of torque. Both HEMI engines in the Jeep Hurricane are equipped with the Chrysler Group Multi-Displacement System (MDS). Depending on the driver’s needs, the Hurricane can be powered by 4-, 8-, 12- or 16-cylinders. All of that translates into buckets of torque for climbing obstacles and, well having fun. On the tarmac, it has the power and traction to move from 0-60 in less than five seconds.

http://www.gizmag.com/go/3599
I want that for my birthday next year!

tlongII
06-21-2005, 12:41 PM
I used to have a Wrangler. That was my favorite car that I've ever had. Mucho fun!

Taco
06-21-2005, 12:44 PM

with TWO 5.7 litre V8 engines and a turning circle of ZERO! There are two 5.7-liter HEMI engines in the vehicle: one in the front and one in the back. Both engines deliver 335 horsepower and 370 lb-ft of torque – a total of 670 hp and 740 lb-ft of torque.

How many Gallons Per Mile does this thing get?

sa_butta
06-21-2005, 12:53 PM
That will never make production.
one question why would you want to drive in a circle with
that big ass vehicle?

Useruser666
06-21-2005, 01:09 PM
How many Gallons Per Mile does this thing get?

Well, if you read the article it stated that the vehicle has a system of only using as many cylinders as is need to produce the demanded power. It says it can run by only using 4 of the possible 16 cyclinders to run the vehicle. The Jeep only weighs 3,800 pounds, so it's nowhere near the size of even a regular pickup, meaning it can't require a lot of power to cruise around in.

Useruser666
06-21-2005, 01:11 PM
That will never make production.
one question why would you want to drive in a circle with
that big ass vehicle?

Answer:

It's A. not a very big vehicle.

And B. for offroading, or towing trailers, having a zero turn radius AND tons of power/torque is a very big thing. Oh and don't forget about making it easier to park.

Xolotl
06-21-2005, 02:08 PM
Damn that looks just like the new batmobile