PDA

View Full Version : A question for all the dad's on Spurstalk

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-01-2012, 09:52 AM
When u found out your wife/gf/slampiece was having a kid, did you hope it was a boy?

I ask this b/c i'd think it'd be more rewarding to have a son. Ballgames, barbecues, teaching him how to hunt, fish, build stuff, and become a man. There's so much pride to be had, it seems.

King
04-01-2012, 09:56 AM
I hoped my first was a boy - and he was. My second was, too. If we decide to have a third, I'd like a little girl.

Nothing wrong with hoping for one or the other. If you have a girl, though, rest assured you'll be wrapped around her finger.

JoeChalupa
04-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Yes and no. Part of me did want a son for the same reasons most men do but I couldn't be happier having two daughters. Growing up my dad was old school and didn't show affection towards us boys. Never said "I love you" or gave us hugs. He has changed over the years and now hugs and says I love you to all his grandkids.

JoeChalupa
04-01-2012, 10:10 AM
There is also much pride watching a daughter grow and become a young woman. I've played ball, fished, laughed and cried with them and there is special bond between a father and daughter that I wouldn't trade for the world.

redzero
04-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Yes and no. Part of me did want a son for the same reasons most men do but I couldn't be happier having two daughters. Growing up my dad was old school and didn't show affection towards us boys. Never said "I love you" or gave us hugs. He has changed over the years and now hugs and says I love you to all his grandkids.

Maybe he just didn't love you.

JoeChalupa
04-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Maybe he just didn't love you.

Oh, I knew he did but he just wasn't one of those to say it.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-01-2012, 10:12 AM
There is also much pride watching a daughter grow and become a young woman. I've played ball, fished, laughed and cried with them and there is special bond between a father and daughter that I wouldn't trade for the world.

I'd trade it for a boy.

JoeChalupa
04-01-2012, 10:16 AM
I'd trade it for a boy.

Not me. I don't miss having a boy one bit.

silverblk mystix
04-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Yup...hoped it was a boy...and now he's a man.

He has been the absolute love and pride of my life. One day...he revealed....sigh...(buries hands in face)...

He was into Rap music....

He's still...ok...I guess...

redzero
04-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Yup...hoped it was a boy...and now he's a man.

He has been the absolute love and pride of my life. One day...he revealed....sigh...(buries hands in face)...

He was into Rap music....

He's still...ok...I guess...

Not everybody is into cheesy 80's soft rock.

silverblk mystix
04-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Not everybody is into cheesy 80's soft rock.

Can't say I blame them...80's music sucks balls...the 80's were the shittiest times for music tbh...

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-01-2012, 10:37 AM
boy or girl, my kid won't be stupid enough to put in an apostrophe when one isn't warranted

No woman would willingly reproduce with you, so don't sweat the small stuff, scro.

If you expand your knowledge beyond eminem lyrics and robocop quotes you might land that elusive 2nd date someday:tu

Don Draper
04-01-2012, 11:04 AM
I remember when Betts first told me she was pregnant. We were jubilant. I had a glass of rye to celebrate.

Reck
04-01-2012, 11:44 AM
When u found out your wife/gf/slampiece was having a kid, did you hope it was a boy?

I ask this b/c i'd think it'd be more rewarding to have a son. Ballgames, barbecues, teaching him how to hunt, fish, build stuff, and become a man. There's so much pride to be had, it seems.

What if he gay?

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-01-2012, 11:48 AM
It would break my heart, but I'd still support him and go to all his soccer games.

RichardSimmons
04-01-2012, 11:50 AM
It would break my heart, but I'd still support him and go to all his soccer games.

Would you support him when he ran for Prom Queen?

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Would you support him when he ran for Prom Queen?

I'd do whatever it takes to make sure he isn't living in a dingy basement and using cinderblocks as furniture when he's 50.

DesignatedT
04-01-2012, 12:05 PM
I remember when Betts first told me she was pregnant. We were jubilant. I had a glass of rye to celebrate.

:lol

Reck
04-01-2012, 12:10 PM
So going ass-to-mouth on your mom didn't count as 2 separate dates?

:depressed

You just proved his point. :lol

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Oh semen shield

ididnotnothat
04-01-2012, 12:21 PM

I have a son and a daughter and it was not more rewarding having a son. You can do all those things with a girl too you know.

E-Coli
04-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Well I wanted to go wash my dick with soap and water in between the 'ass' and 'mouth' parts of sexing up your mom. but she wouldn't let me - but at least she let me put some hand sanitizing gel on my shaft

e coli aint nuttin ta fuk wit

You got that right.

Kori Ellis
04-01-2012, 01:37 PM
You guys turn every thread into talking about sexing each other (and each other's family members). It's an odd phenomenon.

Anyway, I think that most men probably hope for boys (whether they admit it or not). But once they have a kid, it doesn't really matter -- they end up loving the girls and doing things with them just as much.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-01-2012, 01:46 PM
You guys turn every thread into talking about sexing each other (and each other's family members). It's an odd phenomenon.

Anyway, I think that most men probably hope for boys (whether they admit it or not). But once they have a kid, it doesn't really matter -- they end up loving the girls and doing things with them just as much.

I made no such sexing references. I find them inappropriate,immature, and beneath me.

As to your other point, I assume you're right (you and LJ have kids, I don't), but I think it would be easier to raise a boy (and much more enjoyable) from a guy's perspective. I know I wouldn't want to go through the hell of parenting a teenage girl.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-01-2012, 01:48 PM
^
case in point

JoeChalupa
04-01-2012, 01:50 PM
I made no such sexing references. I find them inappropriate,immature, and beneath me.

As to your other point, I assume you're right (you and LJ have kids, I don't), but I think it would be easier to raise a boy (and much more enjoyable) from a guy's perspective. I know I wouldn't want to go through the hell of parenting a teenage girl.

Not having a son I don't have experience raising one but both my sis and brother have sons and it hasn't exactly been smooth sailing. Teenagers will be teenagers and it doesn't matter if they are a boy or a girl. Just different circumstances. Spending time with your child is or at least should be not matter what gender they are. Watching my daughter get her first hit in baseball and catch her first fish were awesome just the same.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-01-2012, 01:51 PM
you have a very narrow definition of 'sexing' hmmmmmmmmmmm

No.

cantthinkofanything
04-01-2012, 01:54 PM

I can honestly say that I wanted a girl. Have no idea why. Couldn't imagine not having her in my life. Did get her into sports early though.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-01-2012, 01:59 PM
To 'Ryan Fitzpatrick':

1. you claim if i work hard enough i may someday get a 2nd date with a woman (a not-so-subtle invitation to have sex with you)
2. i responded by saying that i put my penis in your mom's butthole, then put it in her mouth (delicately trying to dissuade you from pursuing a romantic encounter with me, due to the incestuous implications)
3. you retort by attempting to portray me as an object on which to ejaculate (demonstrating that you would indeed like to copulate with someone who has been intimate with your mother, and revealing your scarcely veiled Oedipus tendencies)

and then you proclaim that you made 'sexing' references are beneath you

methinks the [alleged] sunfan doth protest too much

mom jokes, crying to Kori about your trolls, and spamming eminem lyrics. Trust me, kid...you haven't been intimate with anybody:lol

JoeChalupa
04-01-2012, 02:02 PM
I can honestly say that I wanted a girl. Have no idea why. Couldn't imagine not having her in my life. Did get her into sports early though.

:tu I concur. Although I did think about the whole "having a son" and all that I did know that having a girl would be awesome.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-01-2012, 02:08 PM
crying to Kori about my trolls?

oh so we're resorting to fiction now

the only things i've ever cried to timvp and/or Kori Ellis are about requests to make administration-level changes to my own personal accounts, no more no less

yet i can't get Ghost of Bin Laden troll approved

AwwwwWwwWwWwwww :depressed

so every mav fan and his mongoloid mother gets to have racist real-name trolls and i can't get a Ghost of Bin Laden troll approved?

STUFF THIS STUFF

this fuck gets a racist RGIII troll and i can't get Ghost of Bin Laden approved?

STUFF THIS STUFF

so this asshat gets a rick santorum troll but i can't get Ghost of Bin Laden???

Now you're going to say you weren't crying to the mods with those, just crying out loud, right?:lol

A crier AND a liar. Tough day for you:lol

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-01-2012, 02:14 PM
show me where i PM'd Kori about a troll?

show me where I wrote a post directly aimed at Kori about a troll?

sorry that you are a nazi troll sympathizer but revisionist history isn't my forte

You cried, then lied. Neal with it.

cantthinkofanything
04-01-2012, 02:14 PM
girls are cool because the dad will more likely be their favorite parent
boys are cool because they have gender in common with the dad

there may be something to this. I don't think my daughter has a favorite parent. But I think with a girl, the dad gets to be the "fun" parent more than the mom.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Now you're going to say you weren't crying to the mods with those, just crying out loud, right?:lol

A crier AND a liar. Tough day for you:lol

show me where i PM'd Kori about a troll?

show me where I wrote a post directly aimed at Kori about a troll?

sorry that you are a nazi troll sympathizer but revisionist history isn't my forte

Called it.:lol

that's cute. do you write hardcore german gay fantasy erotica in your spare time as well?

yeah, that gem will help you save face:lol

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-01-2012, 02:25 PM
guess i'm a little confused how publicly complaining about the glorification of racism, nazis and murderous dictators is equivalent to me losing face

but, you know, whatever helps get your peepee hard in the middle of the day

A 30-year-old complaining that he can't get a terrorist troll on a forum. If that don't beat it all:lol

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Have fun searching my post history, you might accidentally get educated.:lol

Put my quote up against yours. Mine is a suggestion. Yours is outright whining with emoticons.:lol

Go ahead, post more:lol

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Have fun searching my post history, you might accidentally get educated.:lol

Put my quote up against yours. Mine is a suggestion. Yours is outright whining with emoticons.:lol

Go ahead, post more:lol

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-01-2012, 02:34 PM
:lol posting emoticons means you didn't whine directly to kori that she needs to take a specific direct action because you are whining about it hmm :lol

That makes no sense whatsoever. Do you always stop making sense when you get frustrated like this?:lol

Don't worry kid, I'd be upset too if I had to defend my Bin Laden troll crying:lol

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-01-2012, 02:57 PM
:lol if i keep posting emoticons it's almost as if my ass isn't hurt by taking it up the ass on behalf of racists/nazis/dictators :lol

why don't you lick the admins' toes some more? i'll be watching southpark season 2 in the meantime

tell us all how it goes please

The Nazi trolls were approved. Your Bin Laden troll was denied, and you cried about it.:lol

Does it hurt? Does it hurt?

Nathan Explosion
04-01-2012, 03:05 PM
I have both, and I can honestly say that I'm glad my son is older. I wanted both, but I knew my daughter would be daddy's girl and get anything she wanted, and she does. But at least my son can help keep me in check and watch over his baby sister.

The only time they get along is when they're getting in trouble.

redzero
04-01-2012, 03:14 PM
That makes no sense whatsoever. Do you always stop making sense when you get frustrated like this?

Yes, he does.

TDMVPDPOY
04-01-2012, 05:03 PM
what happens what u wish for, turns out not to be ur kid? lol

cantthinkofanything
04-01-2012, 05:24 PM
what happens what u wish for, turns out not to be ur kid? lol

how did your mom's husband hande it?

PuttPutt
04-01-2012, 05:29 PM
I have a daughter & a son. Neither was more rewarding. The most important thing is that your child is healthy & that you love him/her.

NFO
04-01-2012, 06:31 PM
boy or girl, my kid won't be stupid enough to put in an apostrophe when one isn't warranted

Don't sell your kid so short. I'm sure he/she will be plenty stupid enough to put in an apostrophe when one isn't warranted.

Muser
04-01-2012, 06:32 PM
I'd love my first kid to be a Boy, but tbh once he/she is born I won't give a fuck.

NFO
04-01-2012, 06:58 PM
I'd love my first kid to be a Boy, but tbh once he/she is born I won't give a fuck.

Way to be a dead beat dad from the start. No point in delaying it.

Latarian Milton
04-01-2012, 07:11 PM
i'd just hope "my" kid doesn't come out half white tbh, bitches ain't worth our trust at all

DMC
04-01-2012, 08:11 PM
We had a daughter first but we set "it" outside for the local wild dogs, because it's an abomination to have a girl first.

After 4 or 6 more, we finally had a boy. The dogs still come around though.

Creepn
04-01-2012, 09:19 PM

Sooooooo why can't you do these things with a girl again?

Creepn
04-01-2012, 09:29 PM
could be a little weird teaching a girl how to become a man...

depending. on the girl

lol.

Doug Whiner
04-02-2012, 06:39 AM
:lol posting emoticons means you didn't whine directly to kori that she needs to take a specific direct action because you are whining about it hmm :lol

:lol brave defender of racists/nazis/murderers :lol

Sounds like your dads raised some whining little boys. :tu