PDA

View Full Version : Great off day for the Spurs

roycrikside
04-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Both Bulls and Heat lost. Tied Miami in the loss column and only two behind OKC and Chicago. Need to finish with one less than Chi and Mia because they have tiebreakers, but we have the tie-breaker with OKC.

Not as concerned with Bulls and Thunder, but I really want to have a better record than Miami. They're night-and-day when it comes to home vs. road and they're the best home team in the league but pretty soft mentally on the road.

The Spurs have no games left with any of them, so really no reason why every game the rest of the way isn't winnable except for the fatigue of the schedule. Hopefully Pop will manage it right and have at least two of the big three play in every game and we won't have any more injuries to other important guys like Leonard, Tiago or Jackson.

Celtics playing their best ball of the season, so I'm curious how Spurs will measure up against them at Boston, especially considering it will be a B2B for us.

Old School 44
04-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Even though I think the Spurs will finish with the 1st or 2nd best record in the league, I'd just as soon stay at 2nd in the West and 4th overall. I like the underdog role with each of these teams.

Yes, the Celtics are playing great, but if you shut down Rondo, you shut down the Celtics. With Leonard, Jack, Green I think we have the length and athleticism to do it.

DPG21920
04-01-2012, 05:10 PM
I don't care about that because if the Spurs play the Heat, it means they are in the finals and have figured "it" out.

The only concern should be the seeding of the West teams. Spurs need to hold onto number 2 and hope LA falls to 4. That would be perfect.

sharkenleo
04-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Of course it will only matter in case of a Spurs-Heat finals, but it would still be nice to finish above them.

No way Spurs aren't #2 in most power rankings tomorrow, right?

:flag:

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-01-2012, 05:48 PM
I don't care about that because if the Spurs play the Heat, it means they are in the finals and have figured "it" out.

The only concern should be the seeding of the West teams. Spurs need to hold onto number 2 and hope LA falls to 4. That would be perfect.

This.

TDMVPDPOY
04-01-2012, 05:59 PM
pre ejaculation thread

Sense
04-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Chicago doesn't have enough to beat Miami in the playoffs. This we know.

:lol

therealtruth
04-01-2012, 06:22 PM

I want to face the Lakers. Pop will either go down overplaying Bonner/Blair or he will be forced to play Splitter.

DPG21920
04-01-2012, 06:26 PM
I want to face LA too...in the WCF.

TheSkeptic
04-01-2012, 06:28 PM
I want to face the Lakers. Pop will either go down overplaying Bonner/Blair or he will be forced to play Splitter.

I suppose...but what would we gain exactly if he decides to keep overplaying Bonner and Blair?

BadOne
04-01-2012, 06:34 PM

This

Wild Cobra Kai
04-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Chicago doesn't have enough to beat Miami in the playoffs. This we know. Another thing we know is that the Spurs are 4-0 in the Finals but we had HCA each time, we don't know how the Spurs would respond without it for the first time. Put these two pieces together and root for the Heat to lose as many games as possible in April.

Teams are figuring out their gimmick defense. Watched a commentary today that with the way they play D, the defender is often above the line of ball and man, as Sean would say, and that can easily be exploited with back door cuts and back picks by a team that shares the ball.

Wild Cobra Kai
04-01-2012, 06:57 PM

LA is in both 3rd and 4th place right now. I assume you mean the LAL, and not the LAC.

therealtruth
04-01-2012, 07:12 PM
I suppose...but what would we gain exactly if he decides to keep overplaying Bonner and Blair?

It will draw more attention to Pop's mishandling of the Splitter situation.

TheSkeptic
04-01-2012, 07:14 PM
It will draw more attention to Pop's mishandling of the Splitter situation.

I don't know that that will change things though since it looks like Pop's being stubborn. If what AceProfits said was true, then the problem goes beyond Splitter.

100%duncan
04-01-2012, 07:54 PM

This. The Spurs never lose an NBA final.

Proxy
04-01-2012, 08:26 PM

Lemme continue the trend...

This

Spurtacus
04-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Health is more important then the overall #1 seed. The big 3 and others are going to be rested down the stretch.

Splits
04-01-2012, 09:48 PM
We are the only team in the league that regularly sits dudes with DNP-Old. I'm a bit baffled why that is, and how it's just accepted w/o controversy. Mastermind Pop I guess.

100%duncan
04-01-2012, 10:00 PM
^that solidifies your gnsf status tbh

04-01-2012, 10:10 PM
usually i don't worry about eastern conference teams because it would take a miracle for the spurs to get to the finals. but now it's nice to see that the bulls and heat are vulnerable.

100%duncan
04-01-2012, 10:13 PM
^Shouldn't really worry for the EC team,tbh. If we get there, we win the whole thing

coachmac87
04-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Why would you want to play the Lakers in thw WCF???

100%duncan
04-01-2012, 10:46 PM
^You wanna play them the round earlier?

coachmac87
04-01-2012, 10:55 PM
I just feel like if the Lakers have made it that far...that can't be good for us. They would more than likely be in a rythm and the are a terrible match for us. And they are only 1 more series away from Sterns "dream series" MIA vs LA.

But I guess that's just me....

100%duncan
04-01-2012, 11:46 PM
^Lakers always a bad matchup for us,tbh.

Blake
04-02-2012, 11:00 AM

DJB
04-02-2012, 11:30 AM
^Shouldn't really worry for the EC team,tbh. If we get there, we win the whole thing

:tu, Timmy ain't losing in the finals, this we know.

Fireball
04-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Of course it will only matter in case of a Spurs-Heat finals, but it would still be nice to finish above them.

No way Spurs aren't #2 in most power rankings tomorrow, right?

:flag:

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

vander
04-02-2012, 09:26 PM
no, today was a great off day for the Spurs

outmap
04-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Chicago and OKC both lose! :)

silverblk mystix
04-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Chicago and OKC both lose! :)

memphis beats OKC...and they were without Conley...

don't sleep on memphis again....