04-02-2012, 09:05 AM
105M lotto jackpot with McD's co-workers
* Pool gal: $105M is all mine
By EVAN SERPICK and WILLIAM FARRINGTON in Baltimore and BOB FREDERICKS in NY
Last Updated: 9:46 AM, April 2, 2012
Posted: 2:02 AM, April 2, 2012

More Print
EXCLUSIVE
Mega Millions mania has plunged a Maryland McDonald’s into a bubbling cauldron of controversy hotter than a deep-fried apple pie.
Workers at the fast-food joint who pooled their cash for tickets are furious at a colleague who claims she won with a ticket she bought for herself and has no intention of sharing.
“We had a group plan, but I went and played by myself. [The ‘winning’ ticket] wasn’t on the group plan,” McDonald’s “winner’’ Mirlande Wilson 37, told The Post yesterday, insisting she alone bought one of the three tickets nationwide that will split a record $656 million payout.

“I was in the group, but this was separate. The winning ticket was a separate ticket,” the single mother of seven said as she and her fiancé left her home in the squalid Westport neighborhood to attend church.
The Haitian immigrant refused to show what she said was the winning ticket, claiming she had it hidden in another location and would present it to lottery officials today.
Pressed as the day went on, she became more cagey.
“I don’t know if I won. Some of the numbers were familiar. I recognized some of [them],’’ she said. “I don’t know why’’ people are saying differently. “I’m going to go to the lottery office [today]. I bought some tickets separately.”
With winning tickets also sold in Illinois and Kansas, a single Maryland winner would get an after-tax lump sum of $105 million, or $5.59 million a year for 26 years.
If Wilson won, and if it was with a pooled work ticket, the situation would be shockingly similar to that of New Jersey lottery louse Americo Lopes, who tried to screw five former colleagues after hitting a $24 million jackpot before a jury ordered him to spread the wealth.
Wilson’s co-workers — who make little more than $7.50 an hour — are sizzling with anger over the notion.
“She can’ t do this to us!” said Suleiman Osman Husein, a shift manager and one of 15 members in the pool. “We each paid $5. She took everybody’s money!”
A man identifying himself as the boyfriend of a McDonald’s manager named Layla, who was part of the pool, said Wilson bought tickets for the group at the 7-Eleven in Milford Mill, where the winning ticket was sold.
The group’s tickets — along with a list of those who contributed to the pool — were left in an office safe at the burger joint, said the man, who gave only his first name, Allen, as he stood next to Layla. She declined to comment.
Then, late Friday, before the night’s drawing, the owner of the McDonald’s, Birul Desai, gave Wilson $5 to buy more tickets for the pool on her way home from work, and she went back to the 7-Eleven and bought them, Allen said.
Wilson took those tickets home with her, Allen said.
But Wilson insisted yesterday that she had bought the second batch with an unidentified pal — not for the pool — and that the winning ticket was among them.
A day earlier, a delirious Wilson had called co-workers to break the news — tellingly used the first-person singular.
“I won! I won!” she cried, Allen said.
Another colleague, Davon Wilson, no relation, said he was there when Mirlande Wilson called.
“She said, ‘Turn on the news.’ She said she had won. I thought it was a joke or something. She doesn’t seem like a person who’d do this,” he said.
Allan said he and Layla went to Wilson’s home and pounded on the door for 20 minutes until she finally came out.
“These people are going to kill you. It’s not worth your life!” Allen said he told her.
“All right! All right! I’ll share, but I can’t find the ticket right now,” she finally said, according to Allen.
Yohannes Michael, a clerk at the 7-Eleven where Wilson bought the tickets, expressed doubts about her story when he said yesterday that lottery officials have reviewed the store’s video and believe that a man bought the winning ticket. Lottery rep Carole Everett would not confirm that.
Reached at his Fairfax, Va., home, Desai, the McDonald’s owner, declined to comment except to say, “It’s all bulls--t, if you ask me. It’s speculation.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/what_mega_mess_wHA9HVdfxA1VDSqWn58KtJ#ixzz1qtLcvPm e

JMarkJohns
04-02-2012, 03:31 PM
There was already a case with similar events/circumstances.

Guy purchases tickets for pool. Wins individually. Problem is he purchased the winning ticket at the same time as the pooled tickets. Not a separate transaction.

Sounds similar here.

The previous case the guy was ordered to split the winnings.

MannyIsGod
04-02-2012, 03:38 PM
It would be terrible to screw people like that. How would you live with yourself?

mouse
04-02-2012, 03:54 PM
That money is jinxed now. Only bad luck will come out of all this. I know this story is on a tad smaller scale but just the other day an airport shuttle van driver left off a costumer to his truck and sped off after getting his tip.

The man had a flat tire and I was doing security so I radioed the drivers to bring an air tank (they have them for the costumers)

I knew the drivers didn't want to help the man already tipped he is considered useless to them.

So I rolled up my sleeves and helped the man remove the spare from his tuck (it was underneath the bed and was tricky to remove) but it was flat also.

So (on my bike) I went and got the portable air tank and its not small.
http://www.inventgeek.com/2009-projects/fire-ball-air-cannon/Images/01.JPG
with one hand on my bike the other holding the tank I went to assist the man. The tank was just enough to get him to where we have an air station I told him to follow me as we approached the air tank station the driver quickly grabbed the hose and said "let me get that for you sir"

Afterwards the man in the truck gave the driver a 20 and said can you split this with you and the security officer ( I think you know what happened) well two days later that driver lost his wallet after he got paid.

So sometimes money can be a curse.

TDMVPDPOY
04-02-2012, 03:57 PM
lol hatian continue hating

it depends if that ticket was seperate and the dollar amount should be different to what if you bought it as a group ticket or syndicate tickets are usually more expensive then someone playing non syndicate tickets....

cantthinkofanything
04-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Not a very good example for whites to point at. Greedy no class white woman can't share all that money.

baseline bum
04-02-2012, 04:23 PM
It would be terrible to screw people like that. How would you live with yourself?

I'm sure the extra $98 million from not splitting it would cushion the blow.

BackStabber
04-02-2012, 04:24 PM

Wealthy.

cantthinkofanything
04-02-2012, 04:25 PM

whatever, she shouldn't be renigging

pawe
04-02-2012, 04:37 PM
She'll be dead in a month.

pawe
04-02-2012, 04:37 PM

mouse
04-02-2012, 05:52 PM

:lmao

benefactor
04-02-2012, 06:45 PM
She'll be dead in a month.
This would be my worry about screwing anyone when it came to that much cash. We are not talking about the highest level of education when it comes to McDonald's workers. One of them could easily get pissed and just kill her. You are talking about someone who has just had their chance at a new life stripped away from them.

baseline bum
04-02-2012, 06:57 PM
This would be my worry about screwing anyone when it came to that much cash. We are not talking about the highest level of education when it comes to McDonald's workers. One of them could easily get pissed and just kill her. You are talking about someone who has just had their chance at a new life stripped away from them.

Damn... set for life with $7 million after taxes and or fucked for life working the damn fryer? I'm not saying I'd kill the bitch, but I understand.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-02-2012, 06:59 PM

My thoughts exactly and from the details in the article it sounds like she might be lying or just plain wrong. At the end of article someone who works at the place where the ticket was sold said that after looking at security tapes the lottery officials are thinking it was a guy who bought the winning ticket. It'd be one thing to get yourself killed over 100 million bucks, another to get yourself killed over trying to cook up 15 minutes of fame or because you didn't actually read the numbers right and started shouting the news from the roof top.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Damn... set for life with $7 million after taxes and or fucked for life working the damn fryer? I'm not saying I'd kill the bitch, but I understand.

Is that you, Hulkster?

Spurtacus
04-02-2012, 07:29 PM

I couldn't because I know karma is ready to fuck me over.

Ricky Davis
04-02-2012, 07:32 PM
So this dumb bitch didn't win anything and also managed to alienate all her coworkers?

Why?
04-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Why can't her co-workers say "congrats" and move on?

William Hung
04-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Why can't her co-workers say "congrats" and move on?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1vdy9xZdk1r2mlgmo1_500.gif

baseline bum
04-02-2012, 07:49 PM
So this dumb bitch didn't win anything and also managed to alienate all her coworkers?

Elaborate scam so she could get unemployment from McDs?

Blake
04-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Reached at his Fairfax, Va., home, Desai, the McDonald’s owner, declined to comment except to say, “It’s all bulls--t, if you ask me. It’s speculation.”

exactly what Ronald would have wanted him to say.

Frenzy
04-02-2012, 10:23 PM
That's one greedy bitch.

DMC
04-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Bitch has 7 kids, no husband and works at McDonalds (worked). How much shittier do you want her life to be?

mouse
04-02-2012, 11:06 PM
What if it was the other way around and she was one of the other employees that got Fu_ked?

Sense
04-02-2012, 11:57 PM
The pools I saw had contracts, which is an easy thing to do and smart...

Wild Cobra Kai
04-03-2012, 12:18 AM
The pools I saw had contracts, which is an easy thing to do and smart...

The group at my work varies from drawing to drawing, but the tickets are always purchased well in advance, and xerox copies of all tickets, with a current list of players are distributed to everyone in a given drawing.

jag
04-03-2012, 07:57 AM
Bitch has 7 kids, no husband and works at McDonalds (worked). How much shittier do you want her life to be?

:lol

BlairForceDejuan
04-03-2012, 11:21 AM
single mother of seven

Jesus Christ. At least stop at 4 until you've made Manager :bang

DMC
04-03-2012, 04:47 PM
pego needs to keep his employees in check

imho
Probably his kids.

InRareForm
08-23-2017, 12:27 AM
Man gets 25 years in prison for rigging lottery

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/08/22/certainly-regret-rigging-iowa-lottery-says-cheat-who-sentenced-25-years/591464001/

baseline bum
08-23-2017, 06:46 AM
hotter than a deep-fried apple pie.

McDonalds is dead to me after getting rid of those.

SnakeBoy
08-23-2017, 04:40 PM
Man gets 25 years in prison for rigging lottery

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/08/22/certainly-regret-rigging-iowa-lottery-says-cheat-who-sentenced-25-years/591464001/

After his first illegal win in 2005, Tipton launched construction on a 4,800-square-foot home outside of Des Moines that contained a movie theater and gym,
https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/872c4713b9b66ad31a66f7d574fcd553423a9af4/c=124-0-2049-1447&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/2017/08/22/IAGroup/DesMoines/636390076577475286-Eddie-Tipton.jpg

InRareForm
08-23-2017, 09:34 PM
lol

Chris
08-23-2017, 11:19 PM
Probably a good night thing for his health he went to prison :lol