PDA

View Full Version : need more reasons to be pumped for this series? (media rant)

dcole50
06-21-2005, 12:24 PM
there's no reason anyone shouldn't be as pumped as possible, but if you want to be more fired up, i'd recommend listening to espn radio right now. the former around the horn guy (kellerman ... sp?) is hosting the dan patrick show. he has already, in 20 minutes, declared the pistons a dynasty, predicted them to win six and seven, referred to them as the best post-bulls team, and then stated that they were up 2-0 in this series. his reasoning? they were tired in games 1, 2, and 5 and that's why the spurs won those three ... because we rested for "two weeks at least" as he said.

wow. i am just shocked at the stupidity.

oh, and if you're a piston fan, i'd like to hear about some anti-piston/pro-spur media homer too.

Extra Stout
06-21-2005, 12:32 PM
Wow... so given that the Pistons only have a day's rest since the Game 5 OT thriller, I guess they'll still be tired, huh? Will the series be suspended with the Pistons up 2-0 and with 4 mulligans for being tired?

That would be the best asterisk ever. San Antonio Spurs: 2005 NBA Champions*

*--The Pistons were better, but they were too tired.

Brilliant take. Just brilliant.

GrandeDavid
06-21-2005, 12:36 PM
Around the Horn Guy after Game 4:

http://www.owned-pictures.com/owned-pictures/owned_cum.jpg

ambchang
06-21-2005, 12:36 PM
Why is the media so pro-Piston? It's not like they have very quotable guys like the lakers did (Shaq, Fox), it's not like they are particularly nice to the media (Rasheed, Ben are pretty nasty mofos when they are in a bad mood ... well, maybe Billups), and it's not like they have any sort of connection to them.
But the 2-0 comment was classic. By my count, the Pistons are 14-0 in the playoffs so far, because all the games they lost, they didn't feel like playing or were tired.

nkdlunch
06-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Around the Horn Guy after Game 4:

http://www.owned-pictures.com/owned-pictures/owned_cum.jpg

oh shit :lmao :lmao

duncan2k5
06-21-2005, 03:02 PM
the media loves them because of the gimmicks. mason, the championship belts, deeeeetrooit baaaasketbaaaall, the mask, guaransheeds, the "underdog" label they keep givin themselves. everything. they make me sick. lets ERASE them tonight.

Marklar MM
06-21-2005, 03:25 PM
Max has been with the Pistons since before they won last year. He was basically the only one that thought Detroit would beat the Lakers. He likes the Pistons. They were tired in game 1, but not 2 and 5. Game 1, you could tell they didn't have their legs in the 4th quarter, hence the pullaway by SA. 2 and 5 were good wins for SA. 3 and 4 good wins for Detroit. Either way, good luck to the Spurs tonight...we will see what the Pistons have up their sleeve. Hamilton has to wear the mask for medical reasons(can't break nose again or his career is over), the guaransheeds I guess because every time he gives them, we win. Other then that, I guess you have points.

But then again, Detroit feels the same way you guys feel about us. We feel the media hates us. The fans here are so use to having media members talk smack at the city and such, that when we finally get some respect, the bandwagoners(and some of the diehards) go insane. Personally, I would like media attention, but when the only attention you get is from "Larry to NY, Cleveland, LA" and "The Brawl", the media can have an effect on your psyche.

LilMissSPURfect
06-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Spurs like the Lakers have been there in the MIX the last few years...I guess we just grew to the TEAM they LOVE TO HATE!!!!!

nothing new!

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Fucking Kellerman. You know I used to prefer that guy to Tony Reali on ATH, but frankly this tears it. What a shit brick. They haven't even repeated yet and he's ready to call them a dynasty? When it's looking like Brown won't be there next year? And who the hell knows what will happen to their free agents? (I'll readily admit I don't know what Pistons are up for FA, but look how many guys they lost after the first championship.)

td4mvp3
06-21-2005, 04:54 PM
Wow... so given that the Pistons only have a day's rest since the Game 5 OT thriller, I guess they'll still be tired, huh? Will the series be suspended with the Pistons up 2-0 and with 4 mulligans for being tired?

That would be the best asterisk ever. San Antonio Spurs: 2005 NBA Champions*

*--The Pistons were better, but they were too tired.

Brilliant take. Just brilliant.

:lol funny as hell

td4mvp3
06-21-2005, 04:56 PM
Max has been with the Pistons since before they won last year. He was basically the only one that thought Detroit would beat the Lakers. He likes the Pistons. They were tired in game 1, but not 2 and 5. Game 1, you could tell they didn't have their legs in the 4th quarter, hence the pullaway by SA. 2 and 5 were good wins for SA. 3 and 4 good wins for Detroit. Either way, good luck to the Spurs tonight...we will see what the Pistons have up their sleeve. Hamilton has to wear the mask for medical reasons(can't break nose again or his career is over), the guaransheeds I guess because every time he gives them, we win. Other then that, I guess you have points.

But then again, Detroit feels the same way you guys feel about us. We feel the media hates us. The fans here are so use to having media members talk smack at the city and such, that when we finally get some respect, the bandwagoners(and some of the diehards) go insane. Personally, I would like media attention, but when the only attention you get is from "Larry to NY, Cleveland, LA" and "The Brawl", the media can have an effect on your psyche.

didn't he guarantee game 5?