PDA

View Full Version : SICK of Manu being labeled as the "Worst Flopper in the NBA" FISHER IS THE WORST.

timtonymanurich
04-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Article from True Hoop:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/39266/derek-fisher-flopper-emeritus

:nope:nope:nope:nope:nope:nope:nope:nope:nope:nope :
:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit :ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:
:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:roll eyes:rolleyes:

Mel_13
04-02-2012, 03:08 PM
You'll get over it.

$pursDynasty
04-02-2012, 03:16 PM
I have always felt that Vlade Divac was the worst flopper of all time. One of the funniest memories is one year Phil "the Zen Master" Jackson was complaining about how Vlade's flopping was disrespectful to the game. Then the next year when Phil acquired Vlade, Phil is crying because he is constantly being murdered out there. :lmao

timtonymanurich
04-02-2012, 03:17 PM
You'll get over it.

Likely...

Thanks. :rolleyes

PBEEZY
04-02-2012, 03:22 PM
You'll get over it.

urunobili
04-02-2012, 03:25 PM
CP3 says hi...

MmP
04-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Im sick of Fisher being called 'classy' tbh
the guy is the dirtiest player around

z0sa
04-02-2012, 03:32 PM
timtonymanurich :lol

endrity
04-02-2012, 03:54 PM
In a couple of years James Harden will be everyone's number one

letmk
04-02-2012, 03:58 PM

Totally agree with this.

Although I'm a Spurs homer, but I do believe both DR & TD are classy. Or somebody like Joe Dumars.

But Fisher? Nah!!!!

freetiago
04-02-2012, 04:02 PM
manu isnt even a big flopper
the part that damages his reputation the most is the reach ins
when a defender tries to swipe the ball he pretends like he was going to shoot it, jumps and flails his arms
now technically the defender did foul ginobili and the refs should call it, which they do most of the time
but we all now he wasnt going to shoot it, hes just abusing the rules and the defender for reaching in

id really love to see these people calling ginobili a flopper stand in the paint and brace their body for contact by a guy whos 6'6+ 230+ lbs driving in the lane at full speed
theyd either get in the fetal position or urinate themselves
and ginobili does it fearless like two times a night

FuzzyLumpkins
04-02-2012, 04:04 PM

Its a result of people taking PR at face value.

DAF86
04-02-2012, 04:11 PM

That dude must have watched a lot of Manu back in the day.

TheSkeptic
04-02-2012, 04:17 PM

That dude must have watched a lot of Manu back in the day.

He hasn't seemed that bad in the games I've seen but I've heard stuff like this from fans who watch them more often.

GSH
04-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Yeah, but who is the best flopper in the league? I nominate Varejao. I haven't checked the last couple of seasons, but when he came into the league he was always at or near the top for drawing charges. Some of it was getting good position. A lot of it was flopping. And he was damned good at it.

Solid D
04-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Andrew Bogut is the most frequent flopper at 5 Megaflops.

Old School 44
04-02-2012, 04:44 PM
"The more hair you have, the better," Battier said with a laugh. "My boy Luis Scola, he’s got that long hair and when it gets sweaty and he starts flopping and flailing, it looks like he’s getting murdered out there.

"I love Luis Scola, but he’s the most egregious flopper on the offensive end."

- Shane Battier on former teammate Luis Scola

I think Shane is on to something. Scola, Varejao, and long-haired Manu were/are some of the best floppers, and less hair CP3 is the worst flopper. I think he over compensates with the flailing arms since he lacks the floppy hair. :lol

LsmQ1_Q1B14

3_5zoayBI1U

jestersmash
04-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Speaking of Harden, I always found his draftexpress "player comparison" to be humorous -

Player comparison -
Best Case: Manu Ginobili
Worst Case: Jason Terry :lol

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/James-Harden-1241/

DAF86
04-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Speaking of Harden, I always found his draftexpress "player comparison" to be humorous -

Player comparison -
Best Case: Manu Ginobili
Worst Case: Jason Terry :lol

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/James-Harden-1241/

That's awesome at so many levels :lol

DAF86
04-02-2012, 08:23 PM
"The more hair you have, the better," Battier said with a laugh. "My boy Luis Scola, he’s got that long hair and when it gets sweaty and he starts flopping and flailing, it looks like he’s getting murdered out there.

"I love Luis Scola, but he’s the most egregious flopper on the offensive end."

- Shane Battier on former teammate Luis Scola

I think Shane is on to something. Scola, Varejao, and long-haired Manu were/are some of the best floppers, and less hair CP3 is the worst flopper. I think he over compensates with the flailing arms since he lacks the floppy hair. :lol

LsmQ1_Q1B14

3_5zoayBI1U

Don't forget Nowitzki, imo the best flopper on the offensive end.

100%duncan
04-02-2012, 08:25 PM
cp3

bobby4germany
04-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Here is the worst flopper EVER!
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/video-philippine-player-challeneges-omer-asik-basketball-best-193605733.html

Spurtacus
04-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Manu hasn't had an obviously bad flop in years. CP3 does that shit nightly.

Spursfan092120
04-02-2012, 09:01 PM
CP3 says hi...

see the bottom of my sig

BadOne
04-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Yep. CP3 hands down.

siraulo23
04-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Who cares

theyre both floppers

siraulo23
04-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Yep. CP3 hands down.

:lol

that sig is awesome :lol

DMC
04-02-2012, 10:55 PM
I agree with the OP. Manu is one of the best floppers in NBA history.

rudwick
04-02-2012, 11:01 PM
cp3

+1
CP3 is the only one I've seen flop BETWEEN plays during a dead ball.
Pathetic.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-02-2012, 11:15 PM
One of my favorite moments was a few years ago when CP3 was trying to flop and Tim Duncan caught him. CP was still wriggling around like a fish out of water, but Duncan just raised him off the ground every time he spasmed. Hilarious!

Yuixafun
04-02-2012, 11:20 PM
LOL found this...

mNxiWES8G0o

irishock
04-03-2012, 12:11 AM
ESPN started the Manu flopping BS because USA basketball got destroyed by him.

Manu isn't a James Harden/Kevin Durant flopper, Manu simply plays the game in such a smart way he's able to draw fouls easily without blatantly flopping.

jestersmash
04-03-2012, 02:18 AM
I've always thought of Manu as more of a "flail-er" than a flopper. He embellishes foul calls as to draw attention to himself, thereby increasing the probability that refs will give him the call (flails).

Flopping to me is more of an extreme. Flopping is trying to sell a call that isn't a foul in the first place.

This is a flop:

tlFMT88acHw

Flailing is trying to embellish a foul that is rightly a foul call. Flailing simply increases the probability that the refs will actually call it (because it's not humanly possible for refs to correctly identify and call 100% of fouls committed in a game).

I think Manu's "flopping" reputation is overrated. He's 70% flail/30% flop.

1:21 is a perfect example of "flailing" (by Chris Paul):

znAA4mLU0II

Oberto is clearly moving into that screen. It's definitely a foul. Chris Paul merely embellishes it. It was George Hill's fault for not waiting for Oberto to set the screen before he made his move. Rookie mistake.

pgardn
04-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Chris Paul would have made a great soccer player as well. Manu has an excuse for the flop having acquired the Argentinian soccer gene. Manu does not appear to excel at flailing/spasms though. He needs to move his arms more. Also a flop vs. flopping are two different things.

Sponge Bob defines "drop to the floor and flop like a fish" as flopping. Manu does not continue with the flopping like a fish after the intial flop. There is usually just one drop flop, he does not excessively spasm after the initial flop. Need more video evidence. All are important basketball tactics and deserve more than just this thread.

JR3
04-03-2012, 10:51 AM
CP3 by far.

YoMamaIsCallin
04-03-2012, 11:03 AM
The point I always raise here is "just because you flopped doesn't mean it wasn't a foul." The refs are not stupid. Flopping is a non-issue IMO, because it all depends on the refs and what they call or don't call. Think back to how many times you've seen a defender flop in the paint allowing an easy layup and it wasn't called a charge.

People seem to think flopping is "unmanly" and "disrespectful" for some reason. I really don't get that attitude. It's like people who value dunks over a nice up-and-under move and an easy layup, because dunks are more "manly". It's part of the game, that's why they have charging rules.

By the way one name I never see come up in the discussion is JJ Barea. That dude acts like he's shot every time you touch him, or even when you don't touch him.