PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Fans vs. Kobe Fans

Darth_Pelican
04-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Lakers Fans

Live in Los Angeles or the surrounding area, or have some sort of ties to L.A. (i.e. grew up there and then moved away)
Attend at least one Lakers game per year
Know the history of the franchise and supports the team through good times and bad
Well educated and usually successful
For the most part (excluding the Hollywood actors), knowledgeable NBA fans who understand the game of basketball and know the dynamics of what makes a championship team
More concerned with the success of the Lakers franchise than the individual parts

Kobe Fans

Do not live in Los Angeles or the surrounding area, don't have any ties to the city, and in most cases have never even been to the state of California
Have never attended a Lakers game
Bandwagoners who pull for different professional sports teams from different cities based on individual players and popularity, despite not having any connections to the cities
Uneducated, usually with a GED or less
Not very knowledgeable about the game of basketball, and more concerned with SportsCenter highlights of Kobe and his statistics than the outcome of the team that he plays for
Live vicariously through Kobe, giving themselves a sense of false bravado and thinking that being a Kobe fan makes them cool, whilst the reality is that most of them either read comic books, live on forums, or post youtube videos that no one watches

midnightpulp
04-02-2012, 03:19 PM
Lakers Fans

Live in Los Angeles or the surrounding area, or have some sort of ties to L.A. (i.e. grew up there and then moved away), aside from the fans who moved to Southern California from Mexico
Attend at least one Lakers games per year
Know the history of the franchise and supports the team through good times and bad
Beeners aside, well educated and usually successful
For the most part (excluding the Hollywood actors), knowledgeable NBA fans who understand the game of basketball and know the dynamics of what makes a championship team
More concerned with the success of the Lakers franchise than the individual parts

Kobe Fans

Do not live in Los Angeles or the surrounding area, don't have any ties to the city, and in most cases have never even been to the state of California
Bandwagoners who pull for different professional sports teams from different cities based on individual players and popularity, despite not having any connections to the cities
Not very knowledgeable about the game of basketball, and more concerned with SportsCenter highlights of Kobe and his statistics than the outcome of the team that he plays for
Live vicariously through Kobe, giving themselves a sense of false bravado and thinking that being a Kobe fan makes them cool, whilst the reality is that most of them either read comic books, live on forums, or post youtube videos that no one watches

Fixed a couple of points, but overall, very accurate assessment.

midnightpulp
04-02-2012, 03:28 PM
So if you live in Los Angeles and you're a Spurs fan, what does that make you, not a Spurs fan anymore? That's pretty bright logic. :lol

Team fandom is all about sticking with one team through thick and thin.

I never implied the beener fans born in Mexico were anything less than real Lakers fans. They're often the most passionate and dedicated. I simply made the OP's first point more accurate, illustrating that many true Lakers fans weren't actually born in LA or Southern California or even the United States :lol

stretch
04-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Don't forget the million black guys that call themselves Laker fans because they "grew up watching Magic" or thinks "Kobe got swag"

DMC
04-02-2012, 04:12 PM
I disagree with most of what the OP listed. You can be a fan of a team for many various reasons and not live anywhere near that city.

Young kids (usually boys) are the biggest bandwagon fans around. They adopt these historically successful teams early on so they can say they like the winning teams, always have something to brag about. Some of that carries over into adulthood and the person will say "I've always liked these teams" even though it was still a bandwagon move, just a younger one.

Just look at all the fans the Spurs picked up after they acquired Tim Duncan and won their first ring.

IronMaxipad
04-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Lakers Fans

Live in Los Angeles or the surrounding area, or have some sort of ties to L.A. (i.e. grew up there and then moved away)

Check

Attend at least one Lakers games per year

Check

Check

Check

Check

and Check

Mugen
04-02-2012, 04:21 PM
There are A LOT of strictly Kobe fans in LA.

Ashy Larry
04-02-2012, 04:57 PM
soon as Bean retires, shit will get back to normal .........

Me personally,

Basketball fan first
Laker fan second

Ashy Larry
04-02-2012, 05:02 PM
they'll definitely fall off and it's a damn shame ......... they'll prolly hop on the next big thing and seeing all the shit that coming out the collegiate ranks, they may hafta wait a while ........

Koolaid_Man
04-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Lakers Fans

Kobe Fans

Hornet fan:

Kobe 5

The State of Weezy-ana 0

Kobe has more rangs than Wezzy Ana and SA combined :lol

lefty
04-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Lakers Fans

Kobe Fans

Solid thread TBH :tu

Koolaid_Man
04-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Solid thread TBH :tu

The Lakers 16

Kobe 5

:lol

Koolaid_Man
04-02-2012, 05:53 PM
with my new Math that brings our title count to 21

Darth_Pelican
04-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Hornet fan:

Kobe 5

The State of Weezy-ana 0

Kobe has more rangs than Wezzy Ana and SA combined :lol

Thank you for your insight which carries information completely irrelevent to the topic, while at the same time further illustrating what everyone in the forum already knew about which category you fall into.

LkrFan
04-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Name on the front first and foremost.

wanggi
04-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Is it really necessary to discriminate between idiots and morons?

Findog's Ex Fiancee
04-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Lakers fans on SpursTalk: Ginobili Bald Spot, Banzai, Lkrfan, IronMexican, IronMaxipad, Ashy Larry, DeadlyDynasty, Venti Quattro, Sportscamper, ManFromAcme, cobbler

Kobe followers: namlook, Quit Hatin, Deuce Bigalow, history2b, Koolaidman, Lakaluva

Hybrids: killakobe, 21 Blessings, 2Cleva, TheMachine

Suns fans: Giuseppe

ginobili's bald spot
04-02-2012, 07:22 PM
I agree with that criteria with the exception of the goes to at least one game per year part. If that were the case it would only be mathematically possible for there to be what... a million Laker fans? That's dumb. There are obviously a whole variety of circumstances that prevent people from going to games.

Giuseppe
04-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Suns fans: Giuseppe

Thank you.

ginobili's bald spot
04-02-2012, 07:33 PM
The Kobe first fans piss me off. But nothing pisses me off more than the former Bulls fan in the 90's turned Lakers fan (probably the same people). When Jordan and the Bulls were runnin shit everybody and their mom claimed the bulls. Where are all those people now? Every fan base has a percentage of ex-bulls fans, especially the Lakers. You know who you are faggots.

KoolAid Mans Brother
04-02-2012, 07:52 PM
The Kobe first fans piss me off. But nothing pisses me off more than the former Bulls fan in the 90's turned Lakers fan (probably the same people). When Jordan and the Bulls were runnin shit everybody and their mom claimed the bulls. Where are all those people now? Every fan base has a percentage of ex-bulls fans, especially the Lakers. You know who you are faggots.

Kobe comes first homie. He is da black mamba and my n!gga.

Reck
04-02-2012, 07:55 PM

This is DeadlyDynasty through and through. Its like, it was written specifically for him. lol

DeadlyDynasty
04-02-2012, 08:05 PM

This is DeadlyDynasty through and through. Its like, it was written specifically for him. lol

:loloh look, the World of Warcraft fan who hopped on Jeremy Lin's tiny dick is calling someone else a bandwagoner.

If this don't beat it all:lol

Reck
04-02-2012, 08:17 PM
:loloh look, the World of Warcraft fan who hopped on Jeremy Lin's tiny dick is calling someone else a bandwagoner.

If this don't beat it all:lol

Still thinks I'm the same guy from a baseless google search. :lmao

DeadlyDynasty
04-02-2012, 08:23 PM

Still thinks I'm the same guy from a baseless google search. :lmao

google your screen name...the first thing that comes up is world of warcraft shit. You're a LARP'r, a bandwagoner, and a faggot.

Deal with it how you see fit, but if I were you I'd tell the old man you like a twink sooner than later. Remember, he can legally kick you out once you turn 18

Reck
04-02-2012, 08:40 PM
google your screen name...the first thing that comes up is world of warcraft shit. You're a LARP'r, a bandwagoner, and a faggot.

Deal with it how you see fit, but if I were you I'd tell the old man you like a twink sooner than later. Remember, he can legally kick you out once you turn 18

Give me facts, buddy. Doing a search on my name proves shit. A name that's not even my primary one at that. :lol

And what the hell is a LARP'r? :lol

If you knew me you'd get how and why I chose this name but you're prone to jump to conclusion and so prone to fail and so obssesed with me that I see why you would want to make me out to be some sort of nerd that has nothing better to do then play War of Warcraft. :lol

Let me school you in teh art of doing some factual research.

http://s108.photobucket.com/profile/reck24

Boom.

DeadlyDynasty
04-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Didn't read. Sorry.

Reck
04-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Of course not. You only read when convinient.

I present you with facts and you run away like the little bitch you are. :lmao

Oh and BTW, hi Fitzpatrick AKA DeadlyDynasty aka Magua. :lol

DeadlyDynasty
04-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Of course not. You only read when convinient.

I present you with facts and you run away like the little bitch you are. :lmao

Oh and BTW, hi Fitzpatrick AKA DeadlyDynasty aka Magua. :lol

oh