PDA

View Full Version : Everything going the Spurs' way tonight

sharkenleo
04-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Rockets get closer to that 7 spot where we want em, Clippers get closer to 3 (so we can avoid Lakers in round 2), and we get a game on Mavs.

Not to mention we are now one loss behind OKC.

:flag:

Robz4000
04-02-2012, 09:31 PM
I wanna see Utah and Rockets as the #7 and #8 seeds respectively. Spurs can win the Utah series in 4 or 5, while Houston may push OKC to 6 or 7. Shit, Grizz may just tank to get OKC at this rate.

sharkenleo
04-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Ideally:

1. OKC
2. Spurs
3. Clippers
4. Lakers
5. Grizzlies
6. Nuggets
7. Rockets
8. Mavs

OKC and Mavs wear each other out in a 7 game series, Spurs take out the Rockets in 5, Clippers beat Nuggets, and Lakers and Grizz also go 7. OKC then take out Lakers, Spurs take out Clippers, and Spurs beat OKC in a great 7 game series. Then we beat whatever team we see in the finals, having had only one real challenge in the playoffs. :D

100%duncan
04-02-2012, 09:41 PM
^ I hope this dream comes true.

Sean Cagney
04-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Ideally:

1. OKC
2. Spurs
3. Clippers
4. Lakers
5. Grizzlies
6. Nuggets
7. Rockets
8. Mavs

OKC and Mavs wear each other out in a 7 game series, Spurs take out the Rockets in 5, Clippers beat Nuggets, and Lakers and Grizz also go 7. OKC then take out Lakers, Spurs take out Clippers, and Spurs beat OKC in a great 7 game series. Then we beat whatever team we see in the finals, having had only one real challenge in the playoffs. :D

Rockets gave us problems this year, albeit most of the games were in the first month or so they gave us hell! They were very close to being 3-1 (Which means nothing later I know) if they did not blow their huge lead in the last game. I would love the Jazz personally if they were there. Rockets we would beat though so yeah outta those teams I prefer them. Mavs in 8th would be heavenly after last years title! :rollin

100%duncan
04-02-2012, 09:52 PM
^ agreed I hope Utah makes a run or something

Blake
04-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Ideally:

1. Spurs

100%duncan
04-02-2012, 09:55 PM
^ 8

Shastafarian
04-02-2012, 09:59 PM
The ideal matchup is Spurs vs Grizzlies. You don't get righteously owned by a team that TANKED to get you and not want to pummel them into the ground the next season. I see lots of improvement in this year's team so I don't think they're remotely scared of the Grizzlies. As always, health is the major variable.

DPG21920
04-02-2012, 10:02 PM
People acting like MEM is a fluke are not paying attention. Sure, revenge would be great, but wanting to play them is silly.

100%duncan
04-02-2012, 10:03 PM
People acting like MEM is a fluke are not paying attention. Sure, revenge would be great, but wanting to play them is silly.

Mostly this. We can play them, just not in the first round.

Shastafarian
04-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Haha You're scared of a team?!?! I'd much rather see them rectify a slight than coast through shitty teams and use/blame fatigue or injuries in later rounds. Come on have some balls.

jjktkk
04-02-2012, 10:06 PM
I never get too concerned with playoff matchups. I bottom line it. Provided your team is healthy, you either win or go home. You could look at quite a few teams in the West, that you wouldn't want the Spurs to matchup with, so I'm meh, on being apprehensive about playing certain matchups.

DesignatedT
04-02-2012, 10:09 PM
I try to look at the standings and figure out where people might end up and then I realize it just makes my brain hurt.

Solid D
04-02-2012, 10:11 PM
As of April 2nd
Bulls 55 games played (42-13)
Thunder 53 games played (40-13)
Spurs 50 games played (36-14)

Mel_13
04-02-2012, 10:14 PM
As of April 2nd
Bulls 55 games played (42-13)
Thunder 53 games played (40-13)
Spurs 50 games played (36-14)

About to get very busy for the Spurs.

Brazil
04-02-2012, 10:21 PM

:tu

revenge is nice and all but this grizz is going to be hard to play... like last year they are clinching right now and are playing great ball..

TE
04-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Haha You're scared of a team?!?! I'd much rather see them rectify a slight than coast through shitty teams and use/blame fatigue or injuries in later rounds. Come on have some balls.

Seventyniner
04-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Anyone. Anywhere.

Robz4000
04-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Spurs can beat the Grizz, but wanting them in the first round is unwise. Out of all the teams out West they'll pose the greatest threat (outside OKC). Spurs have owned them in the regular season this year, but a 7-game series would be extremely physical and I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the team banged up. I'd only want to see the Spurs play them at the earliest in the second round, hopefully after they come out of a brutal matchup with the Lakers or Clippers.

T Park
04-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Battier and Arthur who killed the Spurs along with Vazquez aren't walking through that door.

Again, don't get the fear.

roycrikside
04-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Ideally:

1) Spurs
2) OKC
3) LAC
4) Mem
5) Dal
6) LAL
7) Hou
8) Uta

The less non-athletic, poor-outside shooting teams the Spurs play, the better.

100%duncan
04-02-2012, 11:50 PM
Ideally:

1) Spurs
2) OKC
3) LAC
4) Mem
5) Dal
6) LAL
7) Hou
8) Uta

The less non-athletic, poor-outside shooting teams the Spurs play, the better.
not really

Robz4000
04-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Battier and Arthur who killed the Spurs along with Vazquez aren't walking through that door.

It's not fear as much as caution. Spurs can definitely beat the Grizz, but without getting banged up? I doubt it. The series would go a good 6 games most likely, and there's no telling what sorts of injuries could occur. On top of that they'd get little rest before the start of the second round against possibly a Lakers/Clippers team that'll be just as physical. If the Spurs get the Grizz in the second round after maybe sweeping their first opponent, they'll be rested and ready.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-03-2012, 12:05 AM

Rudy Gay is though...

Robz4000
04-03-2012, 12:11 AM
Rudy Gay is though...
He also takes away shots from Zbo and Gasol, and the Spurs have a player in Leonard capable to shutting him down. He won't be a deciding factor in a series against the Grizz.

freetiago
04-03-2012, 12:39 AM
Gay wasnt the deciding factor today
infact he did his best kobe impersonation
4-15 from the field

leonard has shut gay down and that was earlier in the season
looking forward to the next memphis game to see how he does again

Fpoonsie
04-03-2012, 12:47 AM

Man In Black
04-03-2012, 01:57 AM
IDGAF who they play because Champions play and beat whoever it is that opposes them. Game 5's will be critical but this Spurs team with the depth they have, should be resilient.

This team has all the tools except for the stretch 4.
If one projects it out though, not having one is minimized by the collective experience of Leonard, Green, and Jackson. If the Spurs had RJ instead of SJ, I'd think that it'd be like the HITA days of Steve Smith.

But we don't see that. Athleticism in the post has hurt the Spurs more than just length. While both Bynum & Gasol have that the length, it was Darrell Arthur and Sam Young's young legs and quickness to the ball, that kept our air-challenged team working harder to get position for critical rebounds.
This season, those 2 aren't there, although Speights will not be an easy cover either. I'm encouraged by the way certain Spur players play position D and while it ain't 05 again, it's much improved, despite their penchant to play uptempo.

jestersmash
04-03-2012, 02:22 AM
He also takes away shots from Zbo and Gasol, and the Spurs have a player in Leonard capable to shutting him down. He won't be a deciding factor in a series against the Grizz.

Leonard's not the second coming of Bruce Bowen. Yeah, he has stretches where he can play solid individual defense, but he's nowhere near as consistent as Bruce (and I don't expect him to be as a rookie).

Spurs fans have to stop throwing Leonard's name around as though he's capable of consistently shutting down star or superstar-level perimeter players.

Rapper
04-03-2012, 04:20 AM
Ideally:

1. Spurs

This

DBMethos
04-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Hopefully the Spurs aren't afraid of these teams the way that some of the posters here are.

cheguevara
04-03-2012, 08:32 AM
^ 8

100%duncan
04-03-2012, 09:22 AM
It's funny how gnsf's and some bolded fans laugh at how some of us are scared of the Grizz. I really don't want to face them in the 1st round. And I wouldn't want to be the person telling you, "I told you so".

Carnage&Mayhem
04-03-2012, 09:38 AM
^ agreed I hope Utah makes a run or something

I would definitely feel safer playing Utah first round rather than the Rockets, I know we can beat the Rockets, its just the chance that the Rocket's confidence, due to our six game split season with them, will cause for a tough first round series.

therealtruth
04-03-2012, 02:31 PM
It's funny how gnsf's and some bolded fans laugh at how some of us are scared of the Grizz. I really don't want to face them in the 1st round. And I wouldn't want to be the person telling you, "I told you so".

I also didn't like it when Duncan said they wanted us and they got us. That gave me a foreboding feeling about the series. I wasn't sure Duncan at that stage could back up his words.

Hoops Czar
04-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Hopefully the Spurs aren't afraid of these teams the way that some of the posters here are.

I hope the Spurs aren't as overconfident as some of the posters on here are.

spurspokesman
04-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Ideally:

1. OKC
2. Spurs
3. Clippers
4. Lakers
5. Grizzlies
6. Nuggets
7. Rockets
8. Mavs

switch 5 and 7 and im happy. Revenge is best served cold.

Blake
04-03-2012, 03:11 PM
I hope the Spurs aren't as overconfident as some of the posters on here are.

As often as Pop preaches about appropriate fear, I doubt they will be over confident against anyone.

Shastafarian
04-03-2012, 03:26 PM
As often as Pop preaches about appropriate fear, I doubt they will be over confident against anyone.

This is obviously the case. And do you want 18,000 people in the stands being afraid of a team or do you want 18,000 people in the stands out for blood? I'd want the Grizzlies because in the end it doesn't really affect my life enough to warrant not wanting to see a team in any round of the playoffs.

therealtruth
04-03-2012, 03:57 PM

If he had appropriate fear he would have played Ginobili in game 1.

Mel_13
04-03-2012, 03:58 PM
If he had appropriate fear he would have played Ginobili in game 1.

:rolleyes

Shastafarian
04-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Ginobili broke his humerus. Even with 85% "welding" (from an article I read), it can still take several weeks and even a couple months to heal fully. In fact, a closely appositioned fracture can even be weaker than a displaced fracture initially.

sehui
04-03-2012, 04:06 PM
We do not want to play against Memphis unless necessary. Stop being cocky bastards. The fact is, we lost to Memphis due to their big man. By the time the playoffs start Zeebo will be in game-shape again.

Why play against the same team that we lost to? Zeebo and Gasol are still a huge threat and take advantage of our weaknesses.

Shastafarian
04-03-2012, 04:08 PM
We do not want to play against Memphis unless necessary. Stop being cocky bastards. The fact is, we lost to Memphis due to their big man. By the time the playoffs start Zeebo will be in game-shape again.

Why play against the same team that we lost to? Zeebo and Gasol are still a huge threat and take advantage of our weaknesses.

:lol It's not about being cocky. It's about wanting to see your team beat the guys that beat them previously. Hell I'd be disappointed if the Spurs don't want to play the Grizzlies. If a team has a weakness that is glaring enough to lose in the first round, they don't deserve/won't win the title.

TheSkeptic
04-03-2012, 04:32 PM
:lol It's not about being cocky. It's about wanting to see your team beat the guys that beat them previously. Hell I'd be disappointed if the Spurs don't want to play the Grizzlies. If a team has a weakness that is glaring enough to lose in the first round, they don't deserve/won't win the title.

I know beating the Grizzlies would be emotionally satisfying.

That being said, this winning streak has people getting overconfident in my opinion.

Our frontcourt is still a problem and you never know how someone like Rudy Gay will perform during the playoffs.

Factor in the fact that OJ Mayo has been looking fabulous as of late and I seriously want no part of the Grizzlies. Especially not in the first round.

Ideally the Spurs can play someone like Utah. Houston is the second choice although I'm not fully as confident with that match-up.

Hoops Czar
04-03-2012, 05:30 PM

I was being facetious but to the point, poster's were brimming with confidence after last year's regular season. Not many feared the underdog Grizzlies. This forum was spamming with over confidence and shunning those who didn't believe including Barkley who predicted the Spurs demise. By the end of game 4, this forum had become a preaching ground spammed with BELIEVE threads.

I am sure the Spurs don't fear te Grizz or any team for that matter, but one thing is absolutely certain, no team fears the Spurs.