PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER great off day for the Spurs!

roycrikside
04-02-2012, 09:41 PM
Thunder and Bulls both suffer home losses, pulling us to within one in the loss column with both. Spurs' chances of getting #1 overall seed improved dramatically over the last 48 hours, even if Pop will never admit to caring about it. :flag:

For the moment I'll ignore how dangerous the Rockets and Grizzlies look, beating those teams on the road is no joke (though the Bulls were on a b2b and without Rose and the Thunder were on a b2b as well).

Obviously health is the most important thing, but any of you who wouldn't want to have home court advantage as much as possible is lying.

Woot!

HeroSquad
04-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Thunder and Bulls both suffer home losses, pulling us to within one in the loss column with both. Spurs' chances of getting #1 overall seed improved dramatically over the last 48 hours, even if Pop will never admit to caring about it. :flag:

For the moment I'll ignore how dangerous the Rockets and Grizzlies look, beating those teams on the road is no joke (though the Bulls were on a b2b and without Rose and the Thunder were on a b2b as well).

Obviously health is the most important thing, but any of you who wouldn't want to have home court advantage as much as possible is lying.

Woot!

On an unrelated note, do you suspect Pop to rest one or two of the Big 3 tomorrow considering a) Kyrie Irving is unlikely to play, b) we play Boston the next day, and c) it's the Cavs?

Reck
04-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Spurs will lose their share in the coming games.

They'll be playing literally non-stop for the next 2 weeks.

roycrikside
04-02-2012, 09:47 PM
On an unrelated note, do you suspect Pop to rest one or two of the Big 3 tomorrow considering a) Kyrie Irving is unlikely to play, b) we play Boston the next day, and c) it's the Cavs?

I'd try to blow them out early, see if I can limit the big three to 20-24 mins each and get as much rest as they can. If you have to rest one, probably Manu. I think that game @Utah will be the real rest day, tbh.

100%duncan
04-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Go all out tomorrow tbh. Don't want to end a winning streak against CLE :lol

roycrikside
04-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Spurs will lose their share in the coming games.

They'll be playing literally non-stop for the next 2 weeks.

Outside of Memphis, the Lakers, the Celtics and maybe Phx, almost everyone on their schedule they're good enough to beat with 2 of their big 3 playing and they can mix and match the rest for the role players.

It would take expert planning and a little luck, but it can be done.

100%duncan
04-02-2012, 09:51 PM
^ yup

CubanMustGo
Go all out tomorrow tbh. Don't want to end a winning streak against CLE :lol

Spurs winners of 7 straight, Cadavers losers of 7 straight. Bad juju there, a loss is almost to be expected.

roycrikside
The more I think about it, I'd probably rest Tim or Manu tomorrow.

100%duncan
04-02-2012, 09:56 PM
^ Probably rest Timmy and give diaw some burn

Robz4000
04-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Grizzlies have looked awful scary of late. . .
Not really. The only quality wins they've gotten in the past few weeks were against the Lakers (who they can matchup with in size) and OKC.

Same goes for Houston. They just lost to an Indy team we dominated who was on a b2b while Houston was fresh. Chicago is beginning to be exposed without Rose playing.

100%duncan
04-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Not really. The only quality wins they've gotten in the past few weeks were against the Lakers (who they can matchup with in size) and OKC.

Same goes for Houston. They just lost to an Indy team we dominated who was on a b2b while Houston was fresh. Chicago is beginning to be exposed without Rose playing.

Ya don't say? Of course they're gonna be.

wildbill2u
04-02-2012, 10:02 PM
But...but...the Thunder played great defense and kept the Grizzlies shooting to 39% and only 94 points.

Oh darn, I forgot. The object of the game is to score more points than the other guy.

Shastafarian
04-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Grizzlies have looked awful scary of late. . .

Not that much. They lost 4 out of 5 recently to Toronto, Sacramento, Portland, and LAC. No b2bs in there and Randolph played in all of them.

Seventyniner
04-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Oh darn, I forgot. The object of the game is to score more points than the other guy.

Your typical ST conventional wisdom says that you can't win in the playoffs trying to outscore your opponent...

...except that, by definition, it's the ONLY way to win the game.

Robz4000
04-03-2012, 12:14 AM
But...but...the Thunder played great defense and kept the Grizzlies shooting to 39% and only 94 points.

The Grizz played better D and forced OKC into a lot of turnovers.

Robz4000
04-03-2012, 12:17 AM
Earlier on, I was thinking the Bulls were better off without Rose, as he's a huge liability on defense, and Chicago is a defense-first team. CJ Watson and Lucas III were doing great at keeping the offense going, with Deng carrying the load too, and weren't invisible on the other end. Now it's becoming apparent that they can't be consistent on offense enough for their D to save them.

therealtruth
04-03-2012, 02:38 AM
I am not for throwing games but if they are going to throw games I would throw the ones against non playoff opponents.

TheSkeptic
04-03-2012, 03:24 AM
Your typical ST conventional wisdom says that you can't win in the playoffs trying to outscore your opponent...

...except that, by definition, it's the ONLY way to win the game.

That's not what we meant. :wakeup

therealtruth
04-03-2012, 04:09 AM

Which makes what Thibodeau is doing pretty impressive.

jiggy_55
04-03-2012, 04:13 AM
If we can get 2 wins in Cleveland and Boston, it's also likely that the Thunder lose to Miami who are a great home team. That would leave OKC at 40-14 and SA at 38-14, only 1 game behind OKC cuz we've played 2 less games.

Rapper
04-03-2012, 04:22 AM
Tell you guys a good news

OKC @ MIA tomorrow

Old School 44
04-03-2012, 08:33 AM
If Kyrie doesn't play and Pop chooses to rest any of the big three, I'd rest Tony and start Mills.

Slutter McGee
04-03-2012, 08:47 AM
This condensed season is spoiling me. Even a two day wait without games is now frustrating. Want to watch more basketball. I don't know what I am going to do next year with a full 82 game season spread out.

I know they need their rest. But I am a fan. Not a coach. I make decisions on what is best for my well being, not the Spurs.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee