PDA

View Full Version : What team will OKC struggle with the most in playoffs if they met?

InRareForm
04-03-2012, 10:48 AM
1. Grizz

2. Spurs

3. Lakers

InRareForm
04-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Hence why I put them 3rd.

InRareForm
04-03-2012, 10:54 AM
I think Lakers have better chance of beating OkC than Dallas, Utah, etc...

stretch
04-03-2012, 10:58 AM
They struggle mightily against Dallas. IQ matters in basketball.

Goran Dragic
04-03-2012, 11:03 AM
Spurs Mavs and Lakers, the 3 teams that have a huge experience advantage.

100%duncan
04-03-2012, 11:04 AM
I think Dallas can beat OKC too. Even though the season series says otherwise

InRareForm
04-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Everyone is saying experience will help against OKC.. but I think them battling through couple tough postseasons will also help out their "experience" department as well.

stretch
04-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Everyone is saying experience will help against OKC.. but I think them battling through couple tough postseasons will also help out their "experience" department as well.

I don't think it has since they are still at the top of the league in turnovers, Westbrook is still taking dumbass shots and making dumbass turnovers, and still finds ways to overshoot and cause KD to lose his rhythm.

Kai
04-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Rockets beat them twice this year, and lost once with a Durant buzzer beater. I think the Rockets match up well with OKC.

Brazil
04-03-2012, 01:51 PM
The biggest threat to OKC is Westbrook and I'm confident that he will mess up OKC come PO time. I have faith he will screw them for good.

Scrub
04-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Memphis obviously. They're scared of the Grizzlies imho.

Conley is a good defender (first in the league in steals i think), has the length, and with Tony Allen they can keep Westbrick in check as good as anyone in the league.

Gay can also play some defence and has the length to bother Durant. Not many potentially better Durant defenders out there...

They also have Mayo who's playing best basketball of his career lately and won't do much worse than Harden as a 6th man...

And of course GaZebo>>>>Perkins&Ibaka

JRHernandez88
04-03-2012, 02:11 PM
SAN ANTONIO SPURS

...and you already know this man!!!!!! We been whooping that ass all year long. :pop:

Red Hawk #21
04-03-2012, 02:17 PM
The biggest threat to OKC is Westbrook and I'm confident that he will mess up OKC come PO time. I have faith he will screw them for good.

Something I notice about Westbrook is that he simply does NOT let things go. If he messes up on a play, gets a shot blocked, or feels he got fouled and didnt get the call he totally loses his mind. He'll either start pouting, start trying to take over the game, making dumbass plays, or usually just a combination of all three. He's still a great player though, and I respect how hard he must have worked to improve his jumper. But he really needs to improve his shot selection, and try to keep his composure when things get tough.

cheguevara
04-03-2012, 02:29 PM

I normally agree, but this year he seems to have grown up a bit. It's the coach of OKC I have no faith in. They might need a real coach to take them all the way.

Giuseppe
04-03-2012, 02:30 PM
"Something I notice about Westbrook is that he simply does NOT let things go. If he messes up on a play, gets a shot blocked, or feels he got fouled and didnt get the call he totally loses his mind. He'll either start pouting, start trying to take over the game, making dumbass plays, or usually just a combination of all three. He's still a great player though, and I respect how hard he must have worked to improve his jumper. But he really needs to improve his shot selection, and try to keep his composure when things get tough."

Hawky-poo, breakin' his cogent post cherry.

Congratulations. Mother & father will be so proud.

Brazil
04-03-2012, 04:44 PM
I normally agree, but this year he seems to have grown up a bit. It's the coach of OKC I have no faith in. They might need a real coach to take them all the way.

I fully agree with you. 2011/12 RS Westbrook is much better than last year. He apparently has worked on his JS and he is taking less dumb shots, even if he is still TOs prone and his BBIQ is still low he is much improved player this year. Nevertheless I think he is going to come back to his old self with the POs when things will become tougher during a serie.

William Hung
04-03-2012, 05:04 PM
I wouldn't underestimate Denver in a 7 game series against the Thunder
Afflalo and Lawson might give Westbrook problems, but Durant remains the x-factor along with Denver's health.

m>s
04-03-2012, 08:03 PM
experience will be a main factor in the playoffs and almost every team in the playoff range would beat em to this end tbh

Banzai
04-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Spurs and Memphis.

tlongII
04-03-2012, 08:26 PM
The Spurs can beat OKC. Nobody else in the West though.

ElNono
04-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Spurs and Memphis.

Memphis getting their shit pushed in by Golden State in their house right now

HarlemHeat37
04-03-2012, 09:03 PM
1. Spurs
2. Mavs
3. Grizzlies
4. Rockets
5. Lakers

Josepatches_
04-03-2012, 09:11 PM
1. Spurs
2. Mavs
3. Grizzlies
4. Rockets

5.Clippers
6.Lakers

ElNono
04-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Memphis getting their shit pushed in by Golden State in their house right now

Well, looks like this one is going to the wire

ElNono
04-03-2012, 09:19 PM
damn, Grizz pulls the win at the end

FkLA
04-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Dont really get why people think OKC is head and shoulders above the rest of the West. Spurs would pummel them. Id put my money on Dallas and LA if they faced off against OKC too. Even Memphis would give them problems.