PDA

View Full Version : Adam Sandler, please just go away

JudynTX
04-03-2012, 12:42 PM
:pctoss :soapbox::idiot

Adam Sandler's Happy Madison to Produce 'Summer School' Remake

Happy Madison, the production banner run by Adam Sandler and Jack Giaraputo, is in negotiations to come aboard to produce Paramount’s planned remake of Summer School.

School was a light 1987 comedy directed by Carl Reiner that starred Mark Harmon as a gym teacher forced to cancel his summer plans and teach an English class filled with oddballs and rebels. The film also featured a young Courtney Thorne-Smith.

Paramount has been trying to remake the film since 2005, but the project has been stuck in development detention. Jordan Kerner, the producer behind The Smurfs and Charlotte’s Web, initially was backing a version that would have made the teacher hard-nosed (as opposed to Harmon's laid-back character) and squaring off against one mischievous student.

Another incarnation, this one around 2010, involved Star Trek writer-producers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci.

By bringing aboard Sandler and Giaraputo, the studio is signaling that it hopes to bring a more comedic focus to the project. Sandler is not attached to star in the project, which soon will hire writers.

link (http://http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/adam-sandler-summer-school-remake-happy-madison-306445)

Giuseppe
04-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Afuckin'men.

leemajors
04-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Happy Madison did make Grandma's Boy.

cantthinkofanything
04-03-2012, 01:08 PM
I heard they were going after Willem Defoe as Mr. Shoop.

jag
04-03-2012, 01:10 PM
2aVHf5nihx8

I can't believe anyone would pay to watch this shit. People like 90210 are the reason this garbage keeps getting produced.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-03-2012, 01:10 PM
No mention of Kirstie Alley and the future Alotta Fagina? Journalism at its poorest.

Also, fuck this bullshit. Even if they weren't talking about screwing with a movie that I liked after Jack and Jill the Happy Madison offices needed to be burned to the ground and Sandler sent to rehab. I don't even think Sandler has a drinking or drug problem, but we've come to an undeniable point where he needs to be locked up somewhere and forced to confront how his decisions are hurting himself and the people around him.

monosylab1k
04-03-2012, 01:11 PM
:lmao are you fucking kidding me? like summer school is some sort of sacred ground that should never be touched?

there's far more remakes worth bitching about than a remake of fucking Summer School.

cantthinkofanything
04-03-2012, 01:16 PM
:lmao are you fucking kidding me? like summer school is some sort of sacred ground that should never be touched?

there's far more remakes worth bitching about than a remake of fucking Summer School.

Yes. Summer school was a perfect 80's movie. No reason to fuck with it.

monosylab1k
04-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Yes. Summer school was a perfect 80's movie. No reason to fuck with it.

Summer School licked taint. If they were remaking Ferris Bueller's Day Off or some shit, I'd see a reason to bitch. Not for this crap.

CubanMustGo
04-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Well, Adam Sandler did such a good job with the remake of Longest Yard that you know his Summer School will totally rock!

leemajors
04-03-2012, 01:32 PM
No mention of Kirstie Alley and the future Alotta Fagina? Journalism at its poorest.

Also, fuck this bullshit. Even if they weren't talking about screwing with a movie that I liked after Jack and Jill the Happy Madison offices needed to be burned to the ground and Sandler sent to rehab. I don't even think Sandler has a drinking or drug problem, but we've come to an undeniable point where he needs to be locked up somewhere and forced to confront how his decisions are hurting himself and the people around him.

People are giving Sandler money, that's the problem. And indicative of how out of touch Hollywood is.

jag
04-03-2012, 01:39 PM
People are giving Sandler money, that's the problem. And indicative of how out of touch Hollywood is.

Jack and Jill made $147,758,157 on a $79M budget. Hollywood isn't out of touch. In fact, producers are probably as shocked as we are that people are actually spending $10 per ticket to watch this.

cantthinkofanything
04-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Summer School licked taint. If they were remaking Ferris Bueller's Day Off or some shit, I'd see a reason to bitch. Not for this crap.

You're retarded. Summer School, while not on the level of Ferris Bueller, or Breakfast Club, or anything like that, it was still funny as shit at the time. And I can see someone trying to remake Ferris Bueller because it was a classic. Not that I would want to see it but at least it's understandable. Why the fuck dig up Summer School? What are they going to do that makes it any better. Maybe add some hip hop music and emo kids?

leemajors
04-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Jack and Jill made $147,758,157 on a $79M budget. Hollywood isn't out of touch. In fact, producers are probably as shocked as we are that people are actually spending $10 per ticket to watch this.

Right, the MPAA is in touch with the general populace. Movie theaters are not slowly dying.

jag
04-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Right, the MPAA is in touch with the general populace. Movie theaters are not slowly dying.

I don't know, nor do I care to look up movie theater revenue/profits throughout the US.

I was more referring to Hollywood not being out of touch as it pertains to Adam Sandler movies. People are paying to see his movies and there is certainly a profit to be made. Why wouldn't studios continue to produce his films? Are you possibly out of touch with the way production companies work?

redzero
04-03-2012, 02:19 PM
http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag/jack-and-jill/

Everybody should watch this (extremely long) review of Jack and Jill if they have the time. It raises some good points on why Jack and Jill's budget was so high.

leemajors
04-03-2012, 02:27 PM
I don't know, nor do I care to look up movie theater revenue/profits throughout the US.

I was more referring to Hollywood not being out of touch as it pertains to Adam Sandler movies. People are paying to see his movies and there is certainly a profit to be made. Why wouldn't studios continue to produce his films? Are you possibly out of touch with the way production companies work?

Happy Madison is the production company. Production companies generally don't finance movies.

BlackSwordsMan
04-03-2012, 02:37 PM
that piece of shit jack and jill made 140 mil

its you peoples fault for going to his movies

jag
04-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Happy Madison is the production company. Production companies generally don't finance movies.

I'd rather not hear an explanation on the dynamics of film financing and the level to which studios, production companies and their investors are involved. Especially from someone who thinks "Hollywood" is out of touch for making a movie that made $68M+ over their budget.

JudynTX
04-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Will you all please stop watching his shitty movies? :lol

JudynTX
04-03-2012, 02:42 PM
They better leave "can't buy me love" alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-03-2012, 02:42 PM
I'll freely admit it's not a great movie. In a lot ways I think there could probably be a dozen "misfits vs. the establishment" 80s comedies that could have come along when I was an impressionable kid and would have been just as funny to me, I just happened to see Summer School first and it quickly found its way into the rainy afternoon VHS rotation at my house growing up. So in that sense there's a more personal stake in it than if they were talking remaking one of the big 80s cultural touchstones like Bueller. I think everyone has an underappreciated film or two that they have a soft spot for, this is just one of mine.

The other thing is the point cantthinkofanything is making. They're talking about remaking a film that wasn't exactly brimming with original ideas in the first place. It took a formula with low ambitions and executed it well; it's the exact opposite of a film that needs remaking. This wasn't some near miss gem that didn't reach its potential because of budget constraints or studio politics or technological limits. Can you really "remake" something that is the product of a formula that's been used time and time again before and since the original? It's less that Summer School is some sort of American masterpiece that deserves defense so much as this idea is the lazy even by Hollywood's drooping standards and deserves to be shit upon.

CosmicCowboy
04-03-2012, 03:33 PM

LOL

I know a guy that was a producer on lots of Sandlers early stuff that apparently came to the same conclusion. He won't work for him anymore.

cantthinkofanything
04-03-2012, 03:38 PM
LOL

I know a guy that was a producer on lots of Sandlers early stuff that apparently came to the same conclusion. He won't work for him anymore.

Me too! I know that dude!

thispego
04-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Summer school was badass. Why remake good movies? Remake shitty movies so you at least have a shot at improving the product

CubanSucks
04-03-2012, 04:11 PM
I decided to look it up considering I've never even heard of it. lmao 61% from critics and 54% from audience on Rotten Tomatoes and then a 6.1 on IMDB

how bout tryin to shut the fuck up you bunch of dramatic crybaby c u n ts

cantthinkofanything
04-03-2012, 04:17 PM
I decided to look it up considering I've never even heard of it. lmao 61% from critics and 54% from audience on Rotten Tomatoes and then a 6.1 on IMDB

how bout tryin to shut the fuck up you bunch of dramatic crybaby c u n ts

Ok, but don't expect any sympathy when they remake The Wiggles Movie.

DMC
04-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Don't watch the movie, problem solved. Worked for me.

leemajors
04-03-2012, 04:44 PM
I'd rather not hear an explanation on the dynamics of film financing and the level to which studios, production companies and their investors are involved. Especially from someone who thinks "Hollywood" is out of touch for making a movie that made $68M+ over their budget.

The movie barely broke even in the US market, if at all. In addition to the production budget of 79 mill they spent another 41 mill on marketing.

Drachen
04-03-2012, 10:02 PM

qi83JMiIq1c

Spursfan092120
04-03-2012, 10:11 PM
I can't believe anyone would pay to watch this shit. People like 90210 are the reason this garbage keeps getting produced.

The fuck? I'd love to hear an explanation. Haven't watched a Sandler movie since Happy Gilmore. Wait..I saw Click..it was decent.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-03-2012, 11:26 PM
I realized Sandler blew and lost touch with his roots when I saw mr.deeds at the theater.

But I will admit I didn't mind spanglish, cuz paz vega is gorgeous.
And that movie he made with Brooklyn Decker made me laugh a bunch.

But he's just not the same as he used to be

He should stick to using only insanely hot chicks

Bill_Brasky
04-04-2012, 01:13 AM
Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Waterboy, Big Daddy, Mr Deeds, Zohan.

Those are his good ones.

Fpoonsie
04-04-2012, 01:39 AM
Zohan.

You can't be fucking serious.

CuckingFunt
04-04-2012, 01:44 AM
The Wedding Singer is the only good Adam Sandler movie. Only one.

Punch Drunk Love is also good, but that's not really an Adam Sandler movie so much as it is a movie with Adam Sandler in it.

Woo Bum-kon
04-04-2012, 01:47 AM
Punch Drunk Love is also good, but that's not really an Adam Sandler movie so much as it is a movie with Adam Sandler in it.

Punch-Drunk Love uses some elements of a typical Adam Sandler movie, so I slightly disagree with you. But yes, the big reason it is good is because of Paul Thomas Anderson.

CubanSucks
04-04-2012, 01:56 AM
The Wedding Singer is the only good Adam Sandler movie. Only one.

typical stuck-up bitch thing to say

benefactor
04-04-2012, 07:35 AM
He peaked with his first movie and has been trying to dupicate that since with somewhere between decent and bad results. As far as Sandler movies go(beyond Billy Madison), Happy Gilmore, The Wedding Singer and 50 First Dates are the only ones worth re-watching...and I think those were good because of the cast around Sandler. Mr. Deeds had some good moments but I agree that it really started his decline.

I agree with others that say it's time to hang it up. He's trying too hard now to recapture past glory and it's painful to watch.

Dex
04-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Adam Sandler sets Razzies record with ‘Jack and Jill’ sweep: Panned film wins every category in worst movie awards
(http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/adam-sandler-sets-razzies-record-jack-jill-sweep-panned-film-wins-category-worst-movie-awards-article-1.1054459?localLinksEnabled=false)

cantthinkofanything
04-04-2012, 10:51 AM
He peaked with his first movie and has been trying to dupicate that since with somewhere between decent and bad results. As far as Sandler movies go(beyond Billy Madison), Happy Gilmore, The Wedding Singer and 50 First Dates are the only ones worth re-watching...and I think those were good because of the cast around Sandler. Mr. Deeds had some good moments but I agree that it really started his decline.

I agree with others that say it's time to hang it up. He's trying too hard now to recapture past glory and it's painful to watch.

50 First Dates is good. But one scene that sums up Sandler for me is when he's in the bar and he's fake crying. And it's so bad that it's obviously fake. But it's at a point in the movie where he's actually trying to get the girl to come over to talk to him. But it's so bad that it's like separate from the movie.

But Sean Astin's character is gold.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-04-2012, 11:11 AM
I don't see how one can like happy Gilmore and not billy Madison

That's like saying you really like Black Sheep but thought Tommy Boy sucked.

Billy
Happy
Water boy
Lil Nicky
Wedding singer

That's his top movies right thur

He also had a brilliant cameo in norm McDonalds Dirty Work, as the retarded crosseyed devil

JoeChalupa
04-04-2012, 11:24 AM
I don't mind his movies. Some are hits and some are misses.

manufan10
04-04-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm easily amused. I enjoy most of his movies. :lol

Bill_Brasky
04-04-2012, 11:48 AM
You can't be fucking serious.

Thought it would suck, ended up loling. God damn that Sandler.

benefactor
04-04-2012, 12:45 PM
:lol I always forget about Waterboy

Yeah...I did too. I'd lump that in with the others I listed as the good ones.

BlairForceDejuan
04-04-2012, 01:37 PM
How anyone can show their face in the cinema public after that abortion of a movie Jack & Jill is beyond me. Money is an amazing thing.

PakiDan
04-04-2012, 01:59 PM

I believe that one was already re-made...

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTUyMTY4NDk2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzU0MTYyMQ@@._ V1._SY317_.jpg

cantthinkofanything
04-04-2012, 02:16 PM
How anyone can show their face in the cinema public after that abortion of a movie Jack & Jill is beyond me. Money is an amazing thing.

you saw it?

JoeChalupa
04-04-2012, 02:30 PM
I refuse to pay those high dollar movie prices. ReBox or Netflix works for me.

JudynTX
04-05-2012, 08:33 AM
I'm easily amused. I enjoy most of his movies. :lol

Yeah, I can see you liking his movies. :vomit: :lol