PDA

View Full Version : Diaw in the post, spin baseline, crosscourt to Mills, Oz three-pointer

timvp
04-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Rinse and repeat.

:smokin

Yuixafun
04-03-2012, 08:18 PM
How bout that Manu pass to him cutting towards the basket over Mills shoulder.

Kwa almost cut to the same exact spot lol..

Wild Cobra Kai
04-03-2012, 08:26 PM
How bout that Manu pass to him cutting towards the basket over Mills shoulder.

Kwa almost cut to the same exact spot lol..
That's a set play that Manu runs with Tony.

Yuixafun
04-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Manu doesn't even have to put himself in harms way.

He can just sit back and orchestrate.

From El Contusion to El Conductor!!

capek
04-03-2012, 09:03 PM

:toast I like!

freetiago
04-03-2012, 10:30 PM
led the team with 9 assists in 20 minutes
played solid d, showed some nice post moves, and he can actually rebound despite what stats show

meanwhile blair was the sole reason we were trailing in this game
with his lack of d
stupid fouls
and overall blairness

praying every night the blair experiment ends
diaw must start games

TheSkeptic
04-03-2012, 10:32 PM
played solid d, showed some nice post moves, and he can actually rebound despite what stats show

with his lack of d
stupid fouls
and overall blairness

diaw must start games

Definitely the better option I'd say. The Spurs can't face LA while starting Blair.

T Park
04-03-2012, 10:33 PM
5th big my ass.

100%duncan
04-03-2012, 10:43 PM
:lol at people complaining about him being passive, of course he ain't score first and we don't need another scoring guy, what we need is another wise guy(lots of bball IQ) who can defend and run the court faster than other bigs.

TheSkeptic
04-03-2012, 10:45 PM
5th big my ass.

Yeah. Diaw and Blair probably need to switch places and Bonner's minutes need to be limited on the whole tbh.

Spursmania
04-03-2012, 10:49 PM

:lol

letmk
04-03-2012, 10:53 PM
The Blair issue has to be addressed. It's much bigger than RJ starting when he was here.

ducks
04-03-2012, 11:15 PM
blair is gone next year if spurs sign diaw
good time to trade him also do to his knees

freetiago
04-03-2012, 11:20 PM
i think lost in diaws performance was splitters also
in pretty much every pick and roll he was in, it was either easy score
or he would catch it in the middle and would consistently find the open 3 point shooter when they brought in the help
only fault in splitters game tonight was missing those 2 putbacks from nearly point blank and hes still getting the ticky tacky fouls called against him

spurs10
04-04-2012, 12:23 AM
Diaw did what I hoped he would. His team high 9 assists was no fluke. He's a very smart player who elevates the team.

xmas1997
04-04-2012, 12:30 PM
blair is gone next year if spurs sign diaw
good time to trade him also do to his knees

I don't see how Blair gets traded with no ACLs. What team would take the chance?

Keepin' it real
04-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Why y'all hijacking this thread? It has nothing to do with Blair. Isn't there already an official "Dump on Blair" thread somewhere else?

As for Diaw, I also like how he's been playing, but he needs to shoot more. There were at least a couple of times he was at point blank range but chose to pass ... they were good passes, but a shot from point blank range would have been the better option.

with his lack of d
stupid fouls
and overall blairness

diaw must start games

Definitely the better option I'd say. The Spurs can't face LA while starting Blair.

The Blair issue has to be addressed. It's much bigger than RJ starting when he was here.

I don't see how Blair gets traded with no ACLs. What team would take the chance?

The ADMIRAL 50
04-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Rinse and repeat.

:smokin

not even a video or gif?
cmon timvp, you are unquestionably the man and I love your work on this site, but if a GNSF made this thread they would have been shit all over by now.

The ADMIRAL 50
04-04-2012, 01:02 PM
that being said you have free reign to do whatever the fuck you want. but if a GNSF made this thread, a BNSF wouldve immediately said "you realize theres a game thread, right?" and that wouldve been the end of it unless some others came in and started trashing on the OP which is very likely.

acoelho1
04-04-2012, 01:35 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Pop places Blair back on the bench as he did last year prior to the playoffs. If it is the Lakers in the 2nd round, I can't imagine Blair guarding Gasol or Bynum. It will be a disaster. Not that Diaw is some great defender but at least he has more length and I don't expect Splitter to start.

MmP
04-04-2012, 01:59 PM
I guess Bruno was about right (before Diaw got his buyout) when he mentioned that Diaw was gonna bring a lot to this team.

therealtruth
04-04-2012, 02:15 PM

Once Bonner and Blair are out of the rotation this team will be ready for the playoffs.

Bruno
04-04-2012, 02:42 PM
The whole benching Blair for Diaw isn't as simple as it seems.

First, it has been already said but benching a player while Spurs are on a 25-5 run isn't a natural move.

Second, last year, Pop benched Blair because he was fat. He challenged him and he went from 300lbs to 280lbs. Pop challenged Blair again before the lockout and Blair showed up at the training camp at 265lbs. After being benched a year ago just before the playoffs because he was fat, Blair would be benched again in favor of a fat Diaw after having made efforts to be in shape. It's going to be tough to handle for Blair.

Nathan89
04-04-2012, 03:00 PM

First, it has been already said but benching a player while Spurs are on a 25-5 run isn't a natural move.

Second, last year, Pop benched Blair because he was fat. He challenged him and he went from 300lbs to 280lbs. Pop challenged Blair again before the lockout and Blair showed up at the training camp at 265lbs. After being benched a year ago just before the playoffs because he was fat, Blair would be benched again in favor of a fat Diaw after having made efforts to be in shape. It's going to be tough to handle for Blair.

The goal should be to make the team as good as possible. If Blair came up to Pop he should hit him with a "life isn't fair" line.

Paranoid Pop
04-04-2012, 03:02 PM

It won't happen. The playoff rotation was seen against Indiana, it will only change if someone gets injured or during the PO if something goes wrong.