PDA

View Full Version : Last 3 moves look like Aces

Yuixafun
04-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Jackson, Diaw, Mills.

Not only do they compliment and enhance the Spurs already potent offense, they make improvements to the defense from what I've seen.

Also a boost in chemistry, feistiness, clout, toughness... a slew of intangibles.
It also seems that what they bring to the table picks everyone up.

And they all have familiarity with the Spurs system!!!
Just impressed with the clever moves, and how it's coming together.

We got stronger in our areas of strength made some marginal gains in our weaknesses, and became deep, flexible and versatile.

And the depth improves our chances of being fresh and healthy for the playoffs.

I remember when the Spurs could play any brand of ball and win, grind it out, high scoring, etc..
I'm starting to feel the same again!! :lmao :lmao :toast

Poolboy5623
04-03-2012, 08:32 PM
They are good..real good.

Stump
04-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Trading Hill for Kawhi + Lorbek was pretty solid too.

lefty
04-03-2012, 08:46 PM
We staaaaaacked

Timmy said a few days ago: deepest bench we've had since Ive been here

:wow

angelbelow
04-03-2012, 09:03 PM
They were A level decisions before Jack, Diaw and Mills even stepped on the floor. The risk is/was too low and payout has the potential to be very high.

Obstructed_View
04-03-2012, 09:06 PM
One big reason I would love for a team to tank to try to get to the Spurs. This isn't last year's team by any stretch.

Wild Cobra Kai
04-03-2012, 09:12 PM
We staaaaaacked

Timmy said a few days ago: deepest bench we've had since Ive been here

:wow

Our #s 6-13 could make the playoffs in the EC, tbh.

Robz4000
04-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Spurs second unit would be a starting unit for 70% of other NBA teams.

TampaDude
04-03-2012, 10:03 PM
We STAAAAAAAAAACKED!!!!! :hat

Assman
04-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Biggest win of all the trades: No more RJ.

crc21209
04-03-2012, 10:18 PM
One big reason I would love for a team to tank to try to get to the Spurs. This isn't last year's team by any stretch.

I dont think theres a team stupid enough out there to want the Spurs so bad right now that they would tank to get them. Everyone knows this isnt the same team as last year...

maverick1948
04-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Something I have noticed about SJax. Since joining the Spurs, he is on the court with Bonner and Splitter, instead of RJ. Has anyone noticed that defensive rotations have been better? I sometimes wonder if RJ was not the weak link in the D instead of Bonner. I wonder if Timvp could come up with a stat breakdown on something like this. Also, Bonner and Diaw play well together, both offensively and defensively.

Spur|n|Austin
04-04-2012, 12:45 AM
Biggest win of all the trades: No more RJ.

It's amazing what his being traded did to this team. The three additions have fit perfectly so far, but no mas RJ makes this look like a completely different team.

xmas1997
04-04-2012, 12:03 PM
I like it too, but I'm still pissed we had to give up our draft pick in the one year that the draft is loaded with really good players! That is a pisser!

xmas1997
04-04-2012, 01:02 PM
The fact that the Spurs have the rights to Lorbek, Richards, Bertans, Colon, etc. and also that they are STACKED RIGHT NOW and probably can bring this same unit back next year. They really didn't need a 1st rounder this year. Bring over Lorbek and sign Richards to the D League to develop.

:huddle: WE STACKED!!!!

Really RJ, LATE 1st Rounder vs. SJax, and saving 11mil dollars in the 2013 FA's. I would take the latter of the two any day of the week.

We may be stacked now, but mortgaging the future is also a big concern.
We might have gotten another really good young player that set us up for a long time through this draft.
And Lorbek is the only one who looks decent out of those you mention and he is no lock to come over next year.
No, unless the Spurs do another Hill type trade before or during the draft, none of what you mention make up for what they could have gotten in this years draft, even at their position, it being so deep.
And the only ones they might do this with would be Blair (doubt anyone wants his lack of ACLs), Anderson, or possibly Neal. I'd include Bonner too, but Pop will never trade him.

Fireball
04-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Forget next year ... win the 5th ring now ...

xmas1997
04-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Forget next year ... win the 5th ring now ...

Oh, I am all for that, as always, but I wish we hadn't given up our draft pick this year of all years in a really stacked deep draft.
I have a feeling that will come back to haunt us as Houston, Dallas, and L.A. get better.
Glad we got rid of Jefferson, but they should have been able to do it without giving up our pick!
But who knows, maybe they have already lined something up in order to recoup a draft pick this year.
And just getting back fumble fingers Jackson does not guarantee them a championship by any stretch of the imagination.

Fireball
04-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Which draft is 25 picks deep? Spurs are good at drafting, but looking at the current standings we did not give up very much I think ... they had to give it up to get rid of RJs contract ...

xmas1997
04-04-2012, 01:20 PM
If you look at it, this draft is deep all the way into the second round IMHO, better than I have seen in many a many a year.
Glad we got rid of him, but pissed we had to give up our draft pick to do it is all.
I daresay it will be many a many a year again before such a deep draft comes around again.

Yuixafun
04-04-2012, 01:20 PM
^^ Not just his contract though.

He was a miasma

Yuixafun
04-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Trading Hill for Kawhi + Lorbek was pretty solid too.

:toast

Yes.

These moves have been addition by subtraction as well as out rightly improving the team and raising it's potential yield.

They went from playoff team to Contender.

It's like in chess to gain an advantage, you need to strengthen your position, while strengthening your attack.