PDA

View Full Version : Just another great Bill Simmons article.

MattBonnerExperience
04-03-2012, 10:11 PM
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7770130/handicapping-nba-mvp-race

This is just a really good article, I really like the part about lebron.

"I'm not so sure. LeBron famously shrank from The Moment against Boston. A friend of mine sat right next to Miami's bench in Dallas during Game 4 of the Finals and told me the following story: If you remember, Dallas called timeout after Miami jumped to a seven-point lead with 10 minutes to play. The series looked like it was over, or headed that way, barring a semi-improbable comeback. Wade had been carrying them for this game and the previous one; now, the table was set for LeBron to bring them home. His teammates knew better than anyone.

Here's how my friend remembers it: "They were excited in the huddle because they knew they were close (to finishing Dallas off). I was right there, I was sitting three feet away from their trainer. LeBron sat down and started chewing his fingers. I remember (assistant coach) Bob McAdoo and a few other bench guys kept coming over, slapping him on the shoulder and saying, 'Come on, Bron, take us home.' And he was just staring into space and chewing his nails. I remember AT THAT MOMENT wondering, 'How would MJ be right now?' I thought for sure LeBron would get fired up and feed off those guys. He looked like he wanted no part of it! So they go back out and Dallas starts coming back. Next timeout, same thing. 'Come on, Bron, take us home.' And he's staring into space and chewing his nails. I could see Wade's face. Remember, Wade played his ass off in those Dallas games. Wade had this look on his face like, 'Oh, fuck me.' That was when I knew Dallas could win. I don't think LeBron has it in him. I will never forget watching that from that close. I feel like I witnessed history and actually felt that way as it was happening."

Venti Quattro
04-03-2012, 10:15 PM
So how are Wade and LeBron still friends after this account from the Finals? :lol

MattBonnerExperience
04-03-2012, 10:21 PM
So how are Wade and LeBron still friends after this account from the Finals? :lol

Do you stop being friends with someone after one dissapointmemt?

Venti Quattro
04-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Do you stop being friends with someone after one dissapointmemt?

Are you really still going to be friends with someone who you just gave an "oh, fuck me" look during the Finals?

MattBonnerExperience
04-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Are you really still going to be friends with someone who you just gave an "oh, fuck me" look during the Finals?

Me? Well I probably would considering I couldn't do any better myself.