PDA

View Full Version : Santorum: You cannot take American History courses at the University of California

Pages : [1] 2

Cry Havoc
04-04-2012, 03:18 AM
http://video.msnbc.msn.com/the-rachel-maddow-show/46934004#46934004

:lmao

What a joke.

baseline bum
04-04-2012, 03:30 AM
:rollin :rollin :rollin

What a complete fucking moron

:rollin :rollin :rollin

baseline bum
04-04-2012, 03:35 AM
Santorum has to be the worst presidential candidate I have ever seen.

Wild Cobra
04-04-2012, 03:50 AM
I had a hard time listening to the Mad Cow for the 4:04 that I did. In that time, she only referred to one UC school that did teach it. Since she is a compulsive charlatan and always misleading with facts, maybe Santorum is correct?

Did she point out more than one school that did tech American history? Would I have seen it if I watched more?

Honestly, I don't know. Politicians do lie, especially during election season. However, so does the Mad Cow.

Wild Cobra
04-04-2012, 04:12 AM
I've been going through the UC system web sites, and I have not found a single American History course. I have found one lecture so far at UC Berkley. That's it.

Anyone else?

FuzzyLumpkins
04-04-2012, 04:38 AM
I've been going through the UC system web sites, and I have not found a single American History course. I have found one lecture so far at UC Berkley. That's it.

Anyone else?

You are fucking stupid.

http://registrar.berkeley.edu/?PageID=ahi.html

http://osoc.berkeley.edu/OSOC/osoc?y=5&p_term=FL&p_deptname=History&p_classif=L&p_presuf=--+Choose+a+Course+Prefix%2fSuffix+--&x=53

Wild Cobra
04-04-2012, 04:40 AM
You are fucking stupid.

Did you notice those are make-up courses because American history is a requirement to be accepted? Those are high school level courses. Not college level, and yes, I already saw that.

I think you have egg on your face.

Can you find any college level courses? can you find it as a major or minor?

FuzzyLumpkins
04-04-2012, 04:46 AM
Did you notice those are make-up courses because American history is a requirement to be accepted? Those are high school level courses. Not college level, and yes, I already saw that.

Yup you are stupid.

Those said how to get credit for the core requirement from high school courses. I understand you never went to a college so you don't understand how it works and are dumb but give me a fucking break.

Here is the course catalog for lower division history and they have the typical sections

http://osoc.berkeley.edu/OSOC/osoc?y=5&p_term=FL&p_deptname=History&p_classif=L&p_presuf=--+Choose+a+Course+Prefix%2fSuffix+--&x=53

baseline bum
04-04-2012, 04:50 AM
Why do people argue with WC?

Wild Cobra
04-04-2012, 04:54 AM
Yup you are stupid.

Those said how to get credit for the core requirement from high school courses. I understand you never went to a college so you don't understand how it works and are dumb but give me a fucking break.

Here is the course catalog for lower division history and they have the typical sections

Yes, I saw 7A and 7B. They are the ones that satisfy the high school requirement.

Two courses. One from colonization to the civil war, and another from civil war to modern day...

Not very comprehensive. like I said, they fulfill the high school American History requirement that students have before they enroll.

Wild Cobra
04-04-2012, 04:54 AM
Do you see any 1xx, 2xx, or 3xx level courses on American history?

FuzzyLumpkins
04-04-2012, 04:55 AM
Yes, I saw 7A and 7B. They are the ones that satisfy the high school requirement.

Two courses. One from colonization to the civil war, and another from civil war to modern day...

Not very comprehensive. like I said, they fulfill the high school American History requirement that students have before they enroll.

What do lower division mean?

baseline bum
04-04-2012, 04:56 AM
I took American History at the University of California. Now go fuck your welfare queen mother some more.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-04-2012, 04:59 AM

Is pointing out how hes stupid really arguing? i think of it as deriding.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-04-2012, 05:00 AM
Upper division

http://osoc.berkeley.edu/OSOC/osoc?y=3&p_term=FL&p_deptname=History&p_classif=U&p_presuf=--+Choose+a+Course+Prefix%2fSuffix+--&x=60

baseline bum
04-04-2012, 05:03 AM
Is pointing out how hes stupid really arguing? i think of it as deriding.

He's basically Rush Limbaugh spouting constant conspiracy theories. His schtick is to be the wingnut equivalent to the Loose Change producers.

baseline bum
04-04-2012, 05:04 AM
What are the odds that WC and boutons share the same IP Address?

Wild Cobra
04-04-2012, 05:04 AM
Upper division

http://osoc.berkeley.edu/OSOC/osoc?y=3&p_term=FL&p_deptname=History&p_classif=U&p_presuf=--+Choose+a+Course+Prefix%2fSuffix+--&x=60

LOL...

History of American Environment...

LOL...

LOL...

LOL...

FuzzyLumpkins
04-04-2012, 05:08 AM
What are the odds that WC and boutons share the same IP Address?

I have considered that but his regaling of his stalking leads me to believe otherwise. There are too many fucking trolls though so I find myself thinking some threads are just one guy talking to himself especially with all that racist shit.

baseline bum
04-04-2012, 05:08 AM
Santorum is definitely the WC of candidates with his boldfaced lies and conspiracies.

Wild Cobra
04-04-2012, 05:14 AM
Santorum is definitely the WC of candidates with his boldfaced lies and conspiracies.

Prove to me he lied about history at UC.

In my search, I have seen plenty of courses like Black American History, Latino American History, Asian American history, but where is regular American History, at the college level?

Wild Cobra
04-04-2012, 05:16 AM
Don't get me wrong. If someone other than the Mad Cow said this, I probably never would have looked into it, and probably would have said another dumb thing he said. But since that chronic liar opened her pie-hole, I had to look.

baseline bum
04-04-2012, 05:17 AM
What are you doing here WC? I thought I told you to go fuck your mother.

admiralsnackbar
04-04-2012, 05:18 AM

In my search, I have seen plenty of courses like Black American History, Latino American History, Asian American history, but where is regular American History, at the college level?
All those classes are regular American History. Plenty of history to go around, wouldn't you say?

FuzzyLumpkins
04-04-2012, 05:23 AM

I linked you the undergraduate course catalog for the UCB history department. Here are some course titles:

History of Science in the U.S
Gender Matters in 20th Century America
Intellectual History of the United States since 1860
The United States and the World Since 1945
The American West since 1850
The United States from the Late 19th Century
Antebellum America: The Advent of Mass Society
American Environmental and Cultural History
The United States from Settlement to Civil War

Wild Cobra
04-04-2012, 05:26 AM
What are you doing here WC? I thought I told you to go fuck your mother.
I throat fucked your sister.

admiralsnackbar
04-04-2012, 05:28 AM
Santorum was probably referring to the dearth of courses that discussed the constitutional necessity for the unification of church and state drafted by our Jesusfreak forefathers. If so, he's right: their absence speaks volumes about UC's pedagogic integrity.

baseline bum
04-04-2012, 05:30 AM

She said she didn't feel anything.

Wild Cobra
04-04-2012, 05:41 AM
I linked you the undergraduate course catalog for the UCB history department. Here are some course titles:

History of Science in the U.S
Gender Matters in 20th Century America
Intellectual History of the United States since 1860
The United States and the World Since 1945
The American West since 1850
The United States from the Late 19th Century
Antebellum America: The Advent of Mass Society
American Environmental and Cultural History
The United States from Settlement to Civil War
OK, there are still several for Santorum's statement to be accurate.

Wild Cobra
04-04-2012, 05:43 AM
Gender Matters in 20th Century America: SATISFIES AMERICAN CULTURES REQUIREMENT

Intellectual History of the United States since 1860: WTF... "Students will receive no credit for C132B after taking 132B."

The United States and the World Since 1945: And the world? How little is the US history?

The American West since 1850: SATISFIES AMERICAN CULTURES REQUIREMENT

The United States from the Late 19th Century: SATISFIES AMERICAN CULTURES REQUIREMENT

Antebellum America: The Advent of Mass Society: SATISFIES AMERICAN CULTURES REQUIREMENT

American Environmental and Cultural History: SATISFIES AMERICAN CULTURES REQUIREMENT

The United States from Settlement to Civil War: didn't see this one.

Wild Cobra
04-04-2012, 05:44 AM
She said she didn't feel anything.
So....

She lied about that, but not about doing me, huh?

FuzzyLumpkins
04-04-2012, 05:46 AM
OK, there are still several for Santorum's statement to be accurate.

You are living proof that there is no accounting for stupidity. The only question I have is whether or not you actually believe the stupid shit you say.

Wild Cobra
04-04-2012, 05:56 AM
You are living proof that there is no accounting for stupidity. The only question I have is whether or not you actually believe the stupid shit you say.
Believe as you wish, but know this too. Right now, it's fun fucking with you.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-04-2012, 06:07 AM

ChumpDumper
04-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Wow, Wild Cobra lied.

z0sa
04-04-2012, 08:03 AM
... what the hell did i just read?

ChumpDumper
04-04-2012, 08:10 AM
... what the hell did i just read?You read Wild Cobra's lying his ass off.

Blake
04-04-2012, 09:31 AM

0KmTTy_MM5w

cheguevara
04-04-2012, 09:36 AM
WC trollin hard

Goran Dragic
04-04-2012, 09:52 AM
:lmao what he said about the Netherlands

Goran Dragic
04-04-2012, 10:00 AM

:lol "Regular American history" (as in a course that just goes through American history from beginning to end) is a high school course, you'd be hard pressed to find any college that teaches a general "American History" course.

Blake
04-04-2012, 10:09 AM
:lol "Regular American history" (as in a course that just goes through American history from beginning to end) is a high school course, you'd be hard pressed to find any college that teaches a general "American History" course.

Black Americans aren't regular Americans.

Things we know thanks to WC.

Drachen
04-04-2012, 11:06 AM

They are college level courses. They are not admissions requirements.

Additionally they are pretty standard of the American History Courses. I remember the two history courses that I took in order to satisfy my requirement were called "American history: Pre-Columbus to Civil War" and "American History: Civil War to Present"

Bill_Brasky
04-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Gender Matters in 20th Century America: SATISFIES AMERICAN CULTURES REQUIREMENT

Intellectual History of the United States since 1860: WTF... "Students will receive no credit for C132B after taking 132B."

The United States and the World Since 1945: And the world? How little is the US history?

The American West since 1850: SATISFIES AMERICAN CULTURES REQUIREMENT

The United States from the Late 19th Century: SATISFIES AMERICAN CULTURES REQUIREMENT

Antebellum America: The Advent of Mass Society: SATISFIES AMERICAN CULTURES REQUIREMENT

American Environmental and Cultural History: SATISFIES AMERICAN CULTURES REQUIREMENT

The United States from Settlement to Civil War: didn't see this one.

Die.

TeyshaBlue
04-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Die.

in a fire.

ChumpDumper
04-04-2012, 11:16 AM
SATISFIES AMERICAN CULTURES REQUIREMENTYou don't know what this means.

Intellectual History of the United States since 1860: WTF... "Students will receive no credit for C132B after taking 132B."You don't know what this means.

The United States and the World Since 1945: And the world? How little is the US history?You really don't know what this means.

Didn't stop you from lying about them, though.

Spurminator
04-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Did you know they also don't say the Pledge of Allegiance in California universities??

baseline bum
04-04-2012, 11:34 AM
So....

She lied about that, but not about doing me, huh?

When I mentioned you she just held her pinky up and laughed tbh.

baseline bum
04-04-2012, 11:43 AM

Apparently WC is pissed that college American History courses go into enough depth that they're spread over multiple quarters/semesters? Maybe his kids went to DeVry and he doesn't know better?

RandomGuy
04-04-2012, 12:41 PM

Anyone else?

Shit, you're doubling down on this stupid?

Sounds like fun.

RandomGuy
04-04-2012, 12:46 PM
If WC had hung on long enough, Maddow found at least one school that did not offer history classes.

It was a medical college.

What an outrage!!! Medical colleges don't teach history!!! Holy fuck what is this country coming to!!!

(edit)

To be fair to Santorum: There may be "7 or 8" medical or law school or similar campuses in the largest college system in the US, that don't teach US history.

The kicker here is that this is part of the common pattern of half-truths out of the right wing outrage machine.

7 or 8 University of Californiamedical school campuses don't teach history!

Half-truths like this are either ignorance or outright lying.

Which do you think it is, WC?

RandomGuy
04-04-2012, 01:00 PM

That isn't the "high school requirement" dipstick.

Satisfying the American History and Institutions Requirements Before Enrolling at Berkeley:
Both the American History and American Institutions requirements may be satisfied in one the following ways:

High School Course Work: By fulfilling the portion of the "a" subject requirement for freshman admission that consists of one year of U.S. history or one-half year of U.S. history and one-half year of U.S. government in high school with letter grades of C or better.

That means that you can take the course as AP before getting there, so you don't have to take it at college level.

Satisfying the American History and Institutions Requirements After Enrolling at Berkeley:
NOTE: After enrolling at Berkeley, students who have not already satisfied the AH&I requirements must complete two courses: one course to satisfy the American History requirement and one course to satisfy the American Institutions requirement.
UCB Course Work: By passing with a grade of C- or P, at Berkeley, after July 1, 2005, History 7A, 7B,

Blake
04-04-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm doubting you satisfied WC's requirements

Drachen
04-04-2012, 01:15 PM
That isn't the "high school requirement" dipstick.

That means that you can take the course as AP before getting there, so you don't have to take it at college level.

Random Guy is a Thunder Thief!

:lol

LnGrrrR
04-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Maybe Santorum meant there was no class specifically called "American History" even though they actually DO have classes that cover American history. [/wc]

Wild Cobra
04-04-2012, 01:25 PM
If WC had hung on long enough, Maddow found at least one school that did not offer history classes.

It was a medical college.

What an outrage!!! Medical colleges don't teach history!!! Holy fuck what is this country coming to!!!

(edit)

To be fair to Santorum: There may be "7 or 8" medical or law school or similar campuses in the largest college system in the US, that don't teach US history.

The kicker here is that this is part of the common pattern of half-truths out of the right wing outrage machine.

7 or 8 University of Californiamedical school campuses don't teach history!

That was before the 4:04 mark I stopped at. I was asking if she mentioned more than the one she did.

Why do you make the fool of yourself by assuming?

Wild Cobra
04-04-2012, 01:28 PM

7 or 8 University of Californiamedical school campuses don't teach American history!

Look, Santorum was splitting hairs, and I find it ironic nobody else sees that in this specification of a type of history, he appears correct.

LnGrrrR
04-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Maybe Santorum meant there was no class specifically called "American History" even though they actually DO have classes that cover American history. [/wc]

Look, Santorum was splitting hairs, and I find it ironic nobody else sees that in this specification of a type of history, he appears correct.

clambake
04-04-2012, 01:41 PM
keep your day job.

Wild Cobra
04-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Is that anything similar to a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle isn't a square?

I think the point here is that all loosely based American History classes offered were only of agenda types, and then on top of that, they satisfied "American Culture" rather than "American history" requirements.

Don't you see? Title is meaningless. Culture and History have differences.

When you click on the link to any, what filed do they satisfy?

Bartleby
04-04-2012, 01:44 PM
I find it disturbing that they don't offer a course titled "Math"

Wild Cobra
04-04-2012, 01:45 PM
I find it disturbing that they don't offer a course titled "Math"
Yes, but if you click on Algebra, Geometry, trig, etc... I'll bet they satisfy mathematics, rather than culture...

Drachen
04-04-2012, 01:46 PM
You are fucking stupid.

Is that anything similar to a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle isn't a square?

I think the point here is that all loosely based American History classes offered were only of agenda types, and then on top of that, they satisfied "American Culture" rather than "American history" requirements.

See the History classes linked above they satisfy the AMERICAN HISTORY requirement.... what is the agenda there? Is UC pandering to the "settlement to civil war" group?

Wild Cobra
04-04-2012, 01:48 PM
See the History classes linked above they satisfy the AMERICAN HISTORY requirement.... what is the agenda there? Is UC pandering to the "settlement to civil war" group?

That's 7A... Not a 1xx, 2xx, 3xx...

I covered 7A and 7B already.

Drachen
04-04-2012, 01:52 PM
That's 7A... Not a 1xx, 2xx, 3xx...

I covered 7A and 7B already.

First of all, you incorrectly covered those already. You thought that they were pre-college admissions requirements - this has been debunked by RG in this thread.

Secondly, you are basing your incorrect assumption solely on the University's numbering system. I was unaware that you attended UC berkley and are intimately knowledgable about their numbering system.

Wild Cobra
04-04-2012, 01:58 PM
First of all, you incorrectly covered those already. You thought that they were pre-college admissions requirements - this has been debunked by RG in this thread.
OK, so I only said High School, but yes. I meant them as pre college requirements, and the 7A and 7B courses are available to complete that requirement. Minor error.

Secondly, you are basing your incorrect assumption solely on the University's numbering system. I was unaware that you attended UC berkley and are intimately knowledgable about their numbering system.

Am I? What class is there besides 7A and 7B that satisfy "America History?"

I was originally asking for help finding one because I didn't. Nobody as of yet has found one either. They satisfy "Culture." All you guys are doing is strengthening what Santorum said.

Drachen
04-04-2012, 02:01 PM
OK, so I only said High School, but yes. I meant them as pre college requirements, and the 7A and 7B courses are available to complete that requirement. Minor error.

Am I? What class is there besides 7A and 7B that satisfy "America History?"

I was originally asking for help finding one because I didn't. Nobody as of yet has found one either. They satisfy "Culture." All you guys are doing is strengthening what Santorum said.

They are not pre-college requirements

Spurminator
04-04-2012, 02:05 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

vy65
04-04-2012, 02:07 PM
someone should take WC's "don't euthanize me" bracelet.

CuckingFunt
04-04-2012, 02:13 PM

I'd like to know what you think the differences are.

EVAY
04-04-2012, 02:17 PM

:lol:lol:lol:lol:toast

EVAY
04-04-2012, 02:19 PM

Oh, CF, PLEASE don't ask.

I have almost split my sides laughing at this thread. First it was at Santorum. Then it was the respondents.

EVAY
04-04-2012, 02:20 PM
More and more I think CC was right when he said that the purpose of Santorum's candidacy is to make people feel better about voting for Romney.

baseline bum
04-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Yes, but if you click on Algebra, Geometry, trig, etc... I'll bet they satisfy mathematics, rather than culture...

The trig class doesn't satisfy any math requirement at some of the UCs, as it shouldn't, being high school material.

CuckingFunt
04-04-2012, 02:22 PM
More and more I think CC was right when he said that the purpose of Santorum's candidacy is to make people feel better about voting for Romney.

I certainly hope that's the case. The idea that there is a large enough group of people out there who take him seriously enough to have gotten this far is more depressing than I can stand.

Wild Cobra
04-04-2012, 02:25 PM
The trig class doesn't satisfy any math requirement at some of the UCs, as it shouldn't, being high school material.
You meant that as a joke, right?

There are higher levels you know.

baseline bum
04-04-2012, 02:29 PM
But you bet wrong.

baseline bum
04-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Back on topic, has there ever been a worse candidate than Santorum? I'm used to hearing stupid shit in campaigns, but not being able to take US history at the best system of public universities in the nation? :rollin

Unbelievable that people can defend this con-man.

Wild Cobra
04-04-2012, 02:41 PM
But you bet wrong.
So MTH 112 ELEM FUNCTIONS-TRIGONOMETRY at OSU isn't a college level class?

baseline bum
04-04-2012, 02:43 PM
I just said it didn't satisfy any math requirement at some UCs, being high school level.

EVAY
04-04-2012, 02:48 PM

Well, it IS OSU.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-04-2012, 03:04 PM

Do you think the remedial english classes are college level?

If it doesn't satisfy a degree requirement then its not college level. You went to a tech school so you could be a partschanger but thats how it works.

i also like your new tact of defending anything Fox News or anti-'liberal' and then feign trolling once you realize that you are wrong. Its disgusting sophist shit.

CuckingFunt
04-04-2012, 03:10 PM

Shocking.

Wild Cobra
04-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Well, it IS OSU.
Still, there are standards among accredited universities. Right?

Wild Cobra
04-04-2012, 03:37 PM
"American Culture" rather than "American history" I'd like to know what you think the differences are.
Do you think another accredited university will accept those as a "history" requirement?

UC doesn't have history minors or majors that I could find. If someone goes there, and takes these "culture" classes that are listed as "history" classes, decides to major in history and goes to another school, will those classes be accepted for their new major?

TeyshaBlue
04-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Do you think another accredited university will accept those as a "history" requirement?

UC doesn't have history minors or majors that I could find. If someone goes there, and takes these "culture" classes that are listed as "history" classes, decides to major in history and goes to another school, will those classes be accepted for their new major?

Are you trying to establish this a some type of credibilty test?

If so, that's patently ridiculous without knowing anything about who accepts what as credits.

Nice dodge, and a fair shot at petitio principii....but stupid.

LnGrrrR

WC, do you think you could provide with a list of "history" courses from other colleges? I'm guessing you'll be able to find a few very quickly, for comparison.

FuzzyLumpkins

You couldn't find the course catalog of course you cannot find the degree programs. That doesn't mean they don't exist but rather than you are stupid.

And yes pretty much every university in the country will accept the US History Settlement to Civil War as a history credit.

vy65
04-04-2012, 03:45 PM

You honestly cannot be this fucking stupid.

http://www.registrar.ucla.edu/archive/catalog/2011-12/uclageneralcatalog11-12.pdf

pp.373

Course 139: American Civil War
141A-141B: American Economic History
142A-142B: American Intellectual History
143A-143B: American Constitutional History
142B: American Pop Culture.

These are all classes for a history major. None have anything to do with your American Studies bullshit (even though, most the classes you're thinking of are now housed under "American Studies Departments" at most universities anyway).

And also, who the fuck cares? Why does it matter if you can't major in American History? Why should people be taking American History classes or majoring in that bullshit anyway?

Wild Cobra
04-04-2012, 03:51 PM
WC, do you think you could provide with a list of "history" courses from other colleges? I'm guessing you'll be able to find a few very quickly, for comparison.
I've already looked and found some. Even Lewis and Clark in Oregon has some. Didn't save the links, and yes, my history isn't wiped yet, but I only have a few more minutes I can spend on the computer before I have to leave.

TeyshaBlue
04-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Just leave now.

Wild Cobra
04-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Just leave now.
LOL...

Whatever.

So...

We focused on what. One out of maybe 10 UC schools?

Let's assume you guys are right about this one. There is still room for Santorum to be right with 7 or 8 of them, right?

Is anyone going to check for others while I'm away?

vy65
04-04-2012, 03:57 PM
145A-145B US Urban History
146A-146B American Working Class Movements
147A-148B American Social History

Were you a failed abortion?

FuzzyLumpkins
04-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Hes jsut trolling now. He still hasn't grasped the concept of lower division vs upper division amongst a great many other things but he knows hes full of shit at this point.

vy65
04-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Here's one I'm sure WC would love to take ... History of Women in Colonial British American and Early U.S. 1600 - 1800

vy65
04-04-2012, 04:00 PM
And here's UCSD: http://courses.ucsd.edu/courseList.aspx?name=HIUS

TeyshaBlue
04-04-2012, 04:01 PM
LOL...

Whatever.

So...

We focused on what. One out of maybe 10 UC schools?

Let's assume you guys are right about this one. There is still room for Santorum to be right with 7 or 8 of them, right?

Is anyone going to check for others while I'm away?

Ah....onus probandi now.

Fuck off.

Cry Havoc
04-04-2012, 04:01 PM

Let me give you a little purview into college academia. There are these things called classes. You need to take and pass them to get these things called credits. Now you need credits to graduate, and you need a specific number of credits to complete a major or a minor in a field. Sometimes a class can count as a credit for more than one subject... say, you take a cultural anthropology course to fill a humanities credit, or a course about art history to fulfill a cultural credit.

The red lettering that says it's accepted for a cultural credit isn't stating that that's what the course is intended to fill. It's stating that it can ALSO be used for a cultural credit. You nimrod. They ASSUME that people smart enough to be taking an American History course at a major state university is also intelligent enough to figure out that it can (and usually is) used for a history credit/requirement.

If you are ignorance of the collegiate education system, that's fine, but stop pretending like you know more than everyone else. It's all too obvious just how little you actually know.

vy65
04-04-2012, 04:05 PM
And UCSC http://reg.ucsc.edu/catalog/html/programs_courses/hisCourses.html

Cry Havoc
2 fucking seconds on a google search for UC Santa Barbara history classes.

http://www.history.ucsb.edu/courses/

Course Title Days Time Place Syllabus Instructor
2C World History (1700 CE to Present) TR 2:00-3:15 Buchn 1910 Download Bergstrom
4B Western Civilization (1050 CE to 1715 CE) TR 8:00-9:15 MUSIC LLCH Tutino
4C Western Civilization (1715 CE to Present) TR 8:00-9:15 IV Thea 1 Hasegawa
8 Introduction to History of Latin America TR 12:30-1:45 Girv 1004 Download Rock
17C The American People (World War I to the Present) MW 12:00- 1:15 Buchn 1920 Download Dineen-Wimberly
17C The American People (World War I to the Present) TR 2:00-3:15 IV Thea 1 Download Yaqub
102FM Special Topics W 3:00-5:50 HSSB 1207 Download English
102SY Special Topics--The United States and the Middle East, 1900 to the Present TR 11:00-12:15 HSSB 4020 Yaqub
102WR Special Topics - Cultural History of the Body (circa 1700-1920) TR 12:30-1:45 387 103 Download Ruberg
108O History of the Oceans TR 3:30-4:45 HSSB 4020 Alagona
111E The Eastern Greek World, 750-330BCE TR 3:30-4:45 387 101 Lee
111P Proseminar in Greek History F 1:00-3:50 HSSB 4020 Lee
112P Proseminar in Roman History M 11:00-1:50 Girv 1106 Dufault
114A History of Christianity: Beginning to 800 WF 3:30-4:45 NH 1109 Dufault
119 The Crusades and the Near East, 1095 to 1291 MW 2:00-3:15 387 101 Humphreys
123C Europe Since Hitler TR 9:30-10:45 HSSB 4020 Edgar
141P Proseminar in Modern British History R 9:00-11:50 HSSB 2202 Rappaport
146PW Proseminar on Women and Gender in Middle Eastern History M 2:00-4:50 Girv 1106 Brownson
146W Women and Gender in Middle Eastern History MW 11:00-12:15 NH 1111 Brownson
151DR Directed Readings in the History of Latin America W 2:00-4:50 HSSB 3201 Rock
151FQ Latin America History through Film W 5:00-7:50 HSSB 4020 Méndez Gastelumendi
151G Latin America and Globalization TR 3:30-4:45 387 103 Download Cline
156B History of Mexico (Post Independence) TR 9:30-10:45 387 103 Soto Laveaga
157B History of Brazil (Modern) MW 7:00-8:15 TD-W 1701 Download Dutra
159B Women in American History (1800 to 1900) [cross listed] MWF 9:00-9:50 Brda 1640 Cohen
160C The Southern Civil Rights Movement, 1930 to the Present TR 8:00-9:15 Phelps 1508 Devoy
164CP Proseminar in Civil War and Reconstruction M 4:00-6:50 HSSB 4041 Wahlstrom
164IB American Immigration MW 12:30-1:45 Girv 1112 Devoy
166B United States in the Twentieth Century (1930 to 1959) TR 9:30-10:45 Embarc Hall Kalman
167Q Labor Studies Internship Research Seminar R 2:00-4:50 Girv 1106 Download Lim
168B History of the Chicanos [cross listed] MW 5:00-6:15 Girv 2112 Castillo-Muñoz
168C Asian American History, 1850-1965 TR 3:30-4:45 Girv 2127 Download Spickard
168D Asian American History Since 1965 Cancel cancelled
168P Proseminar in Chicano History [cross listed] M 12:00-2:50 HSSB 4020 Castillo-Muñoz
175A American Cultural History TR 2:00-3:15 HSSB 4020 Download Jacobson
175D American Family History TR 9:30-10:45 387 101 Download Jacobson
177P Proseminar in California History M 9:00-11:50 HSSB 2202 Graves
184hm W 10-11:50 GIRV 2115 Marcuse
187C Recent Japan TR 2:00-3:15 387 101 Download McDonald
187P Proseminar in Japanese History T 9:00-11:50 HSSB 2202 McDonald
191P Proseminar on the Cold War M 2:00-4:50 HSSB 2202 Hasegawa
193F Food in World History TR 2:00-3:15 HSSB 1174 Rappaport
197DR Special Topics - Directed Readings and Research W 1:00-3:50 HSSB 4020 Download Jacobson
197P Special Topics - Liberation Struggles in Africa T 9:30- 12:20 Girv 1106 Chikowero
200AS Historical Literature: Asia W 1:00-3:50 HSSB 4201 Zheng
201AM Advanced Historical Literature: America W 5:00-7:50pm HSSB 4041 Hämäläinen
201ME Advanced Historical Literature - Middle East T 2:00-4:50 HSSB 2201 Humphreys
201WD Advanced Historical Literature: World W 2:00-4:50 HSSB 2202 Soto Laveaga
204 Research Workshop M 2:00-4:50 HSSB 3202 Download Cline
208A Research Seminar in Environmental History W 3:00-5:50 HSSB 4202 Alagona
209B The Academic Profession of History R 11:00-1:50 HSSB 4041 Cohen
215B Seminar in Medieval History W 1:00-3:50 HSSB 3202 Blumenthal/Farmer
223B Seminar in Modern European History M 1:00-3:50 HSSB 4041 Edgar
266B Research Seminar in Recent U.S. History T 11:00-1:50 HSSB 2214 Kalman
287 Readings with Japanese Scholars R 2:00-4:50 HSSB 3001E Jung
289B Seminar in Chinese History T 9:00-11:50 HSSB 2252 Barbieri-Low
292C Foundations of U.S. History, 1917 to Present W 1:00-3:50 HSSB 2214 O'Connor
294 Colloquium in Work, Labor, and Political Economy F 1:00-3:50 HSSB 4041 Lichtenstein
295 Workshop in Environmental History R 6:00-8:50pm HSSB 4041 Alagona

Goran Dragic
:lol watching Wild Cobra act like he knows how the University system works when he's probably been on a University campus less than 5 times his entire life is gold

ChumpDumper
04-04-2012, 04:07 PM
WC, I say this with all due respect and sincerity.

You're an idiot.

Worse than Santorum tbh.

Now I'm going to wait for you to say it was all a joke and look how you got everyone to google class schedules.

vy65
04-04-2012, 04:08 PM
I don't think I've even seen German porn stars take a steaming piece of shit to the face like WC has in this thread

Cry Havoc
04-04-2012, 04:09 PM
:lol watching Wild Cobra act like he knows how the University system works when he's probably been on a University campus less than 5 times his entire life is gold

To be fair, Santorum has a J.D. and is probably one of the stupidest public figures I've ever seen in my life.

CuckingFunt
04-04-2012, 04:09 PM

I think you didn't answer my question.

Goran Dragic
04-04-2012, 04:11 PM
To be fair, Santorum has a J.D. and is probably one of the stupidest public figures I've ever seen in my life.
Santorum might be plenty educated, but he's every bit as much of an "Education is the devil!!!" nut as Wild Cobra is.

Cry Havoc
04-04-2012, 04:21 PM
http://history.ucsd.edu/

http://history.ucsd.edu/

http://www.hnet.uci.edu/history/

UC doesn't have history minors or majors that I could find.

Finding would require looking, and looking requires a brain. :lmao

LnGrrrR
04-04-2012, 04:39 PM
I've already looked and found some. Even Lewis and Clark in Oregon has some. Didn't save the links, and yes, my history isn't wiped yet, but I only have a few more minutes I can spend on the computer before I have to leave.

Well, when you get the chance, could you post the names of the classes? It might be that classes the prestigious "Lewis and Clark in Oregon" are functionally similar to those UC Berkeley provides. I know that when I took Tulane courses, they had the basic "History up to the Civil War" and "History past the Civil War" (course names paraphrased) courses.

RandomGuy
04-04-2012, 05:10 PM
That was before the 4:04 mark I stopped at. I was asking if she mentioned more than the one she did.

Why do you make the fool of yourself by assuming?

Actually she mentioned the medical school at 3:51.

Either you didn't listen that long, or you weren't really paying attetion.

Sloppy.

RandomGuy
04-04-2012, 05:13 PM

No, he's not.

Prove his statement. Get cracking.

I was speculating. You are doubling down without knowing what the fuck you are talking about.

You do this almost every time you shoot off your mouth and get caught. You duck, dodge and try different attacks.

ChumpDumper
04-04-2012, 05:16 PM
This is his statement:
I was just reading something last night, from the state of California. And the California universities, I think it's seven or eight of the California system of universities, don't even teach an American history course. It's not even available to be taught.

[awaits transcript error gambit]

RandomGuy
04-04-2012, 05:21 PM
None of the nine general campuses in the UC system requires students to study the history and institutions of the United States. None requires students to study Western civilization, and on seven of the nine UC campuses, including Berkeley, a survey course in Western civilization is not even offered.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303816504577312361540817878.html

This is what Santorums stupidity is based on. (Edit)I would guess.(/edit)

He read an OP-ED piece and assumed he got the whole truth.

That, to me, is the level of intellectual rigor of the far right wing in this country.

(edit and clarification: this is where I found the link to the WSJ article)

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002503810

If these ass-hats don't scare you, you aren't paying attention.

Provably, stupidly, wrong.

RandomGuy
04-04-2012, 05:29 PM
http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/04/colbert-jabs-santorum-for-making-things-up.php

Stephen Colbert...

baseline bum
04-04-2012, 05:31 PM

That, to me, is the level of intellectual rigor of the far right wing in this country.

It's the Rush Limbaugh method; take a conspiracy theory and make it true by continually bouncing it through the echo chamber.

TeyshaBlue
04-04-2012, 05:32 PM

Irony. You're soaking in it.

TeyshaBlue
04-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Dont get pissy. You knew the minute you posted a WSJ and a Democraticunderground link in the same paragraph you were teeing one up.:lol

RandomGuy
04-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Dont get pissy. You knew the minute you posted a WSJ and a Democraticunderground link in the same paragraph you were teeing one up.:lol

Heh, didn't really see it until you noted it. Touche, it is a bit funny.

The link was there merely to point out the link (buried some 8 pages into a google search) of where I found the source material and figured out what Santorum was probably talking about.

Blake
04-04-2012, 05:51 PM
This is his statement:

[awaits transcript error gambit]

I'd like to know what it was he was reading.

RandomGuy
04-04-2012, 05:54 PM
I'd like to know what it was he was reading.

post 112.

Wall Street Journal, Op-ed, most likely.
Written by:

Mr. Berkowitz is a senior fellow at Stanford University's Hoover Institution and a member of the National Association of Scholars board of directors.

Or he was just repeating something he heard in a conversation.

Either way, santorum is an idiot for not getting his facts straight before shooting his mouth off. This isn't the only time.

EVAY
04-04-2012, 05:56 PM
http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/04/colbert-jabs-santorum-for-making-things-up.php

Stephen Colbert...

Brilliant Colbert reference to the California primary!
Thanks for posting this.

This whole thread has kept me laughing harder than I have for months!! YOu guys are great!!

RandomGuy
04-04-2012, 06:03 PM
on seven of the nine UC campuses, including Berkeley, a survey course in Western civilization is not even offered.

List of history courses:

4. Origins of Western Civilization. Three hours of lecture and two hours of discussion per week. Introductory study of major historical events in the origins of western civilization. Emphasis on class discussions, readings in the sources, and writing of essays. (F,SP)

http://general-catalog.berkeley.edu/catalog/gcc_list_crse_req?p_dept_name=History&p_dept_cd=HISTORY

What the fuck was this guy reading to make *these* claims?

RandomGuy
04-04-2012, 06:07 PM
In several English departments one can graduate without taking a course in Shakespeare.

The core of the major consists of six courses: English 45A-45B-45C, a course in Shakespeare

http://general-catalog.berkeley.edu/catalog/gcc_view_req?p_dept_cd=ENGLISH

Blake
04-04-2012, 06:08 PM
post 112.

Wall Street Journal, Op-ed, most likely.
Written by:

Or he was just repeating something he heard in a conversation.

Either way, santorum is an idiot for not getting his facts straight before shooting his mouth off. This isn't the only time.

Ah. Thanks. Makes it even funnier/scarier.

RandomGuy
04-04-2012, 06:10 PM
In many political science departments majors need not take a course in American politics.

Within the major, students are required to take at least one course (lower or upper division) in each of the five primary subfields—American Politics

I doubt I will find any differences in the other campuses.

http://general-catalog.berkeley.edu/catalog/gcc_view_req?p_dept_cd=POL+SCI

FuzzyLumpkins
04-04-2012, 06:24 PM
List of history courses:

http://general-catalog.berkeley.edu/catalog/gcc_list_crse_req?p_dept_name=History&p_dept_cd=HISTORY

Beat me to it.

fraga
04-04-2012, 06:31 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-J8Pe1Bh4Mw4/TrHKlNwufjI/AAAAAAAAAoE/JmzCCsaIF_8/s1600/trollface.png

LnGrrrR
04-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Really, does the WSJ Op-Ed page have any cachet left? I would hold the info my 3 yr old tells me as more credible than what's printed there.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Really, does the WSJ Op-Ed page have any cachet left? I would hold the info my 3 yr old tells me as more credible than what's printed there.

With PAC and superPACs being what they are it should come as little surprise.

Creepn
04-04-2012, 07:09 PM
This reminds me of some guy, don't know who it was, who was trying to pass legislation to ban fetuses in food because of some article he read.

admiralsnackbar
04-04-2012, 08:02 PM
This reminds me of some guy, don't know who it was, who was trying to pass legislation to ban fetuses in food because of some article he read.

Charlton Heston?

Drachen
04-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Well, when you get the chance, could you post the names of the classes? It might be that classes the prestigious "Lewis and Clark in Oregon" are functionally similar to those UC Berkeley provides. I know that when I took Tulane courses, they had the basic "History up to the Civil War" and "History past the Civil War" (course names paraphrased) courses.

I am going to post this, and hope that no one NO ONE sees it as an attempt to in any way defend or validate WC. He is so wrong that he has gone past wrong, I don't know what to call it, but it is sub-wrong somehow. That being said Lewis and Clark College is actually an extremely well regarded school and when I graduated high school it was among the top 5 for international business degrees. I received a full ride including room and board to that school because I was so damn smart :lol (then made the dumbest move ever, but in the end we can't dwell too hard on our regrets).

THAT being said, this college would most likely accept UC's history classes as.....HISTORY CLASSES.

MannyIsGod
04-05-2012, 01:08 AM

Spurstalk delivers - again!

Wild Cobra
04-05-2012, 02:22 AM
And UCSC http://reg.ucsc.edu/catalog/html/programs_courses/hisCourses.html
LOL...

Did you read the footnotes for the ones that would count?

"not offered in 2011-2012"

Is it slated to be discontinues?

Wild Cobra
04-05-2012, 02:29 AM
2 fucking seconds on a google search for UC Santa Barbara history classes.

http://www.history.ucsb.edu/courses/

You can only fuck for 2 seconds?

Anyway, yes. This is one of the three I found that has American History classes. Davis and San Diego also have US history classes.

ChumpDumper
04-05-2012, 02:31 AM
Man, WC. You are redefining fail with every post.

Wild Cobra
04-05-2012, 02:32 AM
Actually she mentioned the medical school at 3:51.

Either you didn't listen that long, or you weren't really paying attetion.

Sloppy.

Yes, I did hear that. I was paying attention.

She gave one example that had US history... Davis... and one that didn't... SF...

I was asking if there were more after I stopped listening.

Wild Cobra
04-05-2012, 02:34 AM
List of history courses:

I don't see that as a 3 digit HIUS number. Do you?

Wild Cobra
04-05-2012, 02:37 AM
And here's UCSD: http://courses.ucsd.edu/courseList.aspx?name=HIUS
Bingo...

You found what I was looking for. Too bad I only found three of the 10 schools that have this series of classes.

Where are the others besides San Diego, Davis, and Santa Barbara?

Lets see...

I didn't take this new math you guys took, but isn't 10 minus 3 still equal to 7?

ChumpDumper
04-05-2012, 02:39 AM
I don't see that as a 3 digit HIUS number. Do you?You're an idiot.

Cry Havoc
04-05-2012, 03:33 AM
You can only fuck for 2 seconds?

Anyway, yes. This is one of the three I found that has American History classes. Davis and San Diego also have US history classes.

You're wrong. Man the fuck up and admit it.

Wild Cobra
04-05-2012, 04:11 AM
LOL...

You're losing it.

Cry Havoc
04-05-2012, 04:22 AM

Das Texan
04-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Every time I think this loon Wild Cobra has achieved the top level of idiocy, I'm quickly proven wrong.

Impressive.

George Gervin's Afro
04-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Every time I think this loon Wild Cobra has achieved the top level of idiocy, I'm quickly proven wrong.

Impressive.

he's not faking it..

RandomGuy
04-05-2012, 09:53 AM
LOL...

LOL...

still doubling down on the bullshit.

To qualify for a bachelor’s degree, you must meet the following conditions, which are explained in more detail in the following sections:

Satisfy the university requirements in American history and institutions and in Entry Level Writing (English composition)
http://reg.ucsc.edu/catalog/html/undergrad_acad.html#gened

I would point out that smaller colleges might go a semester, or even, it seems, 4 without teaching things that are required to graduate.

The courses are then offered after this gap, and everybody take them.

It isn't as if they don't exist, or aren't a requirement.

Once again, if Santorum didn't mention this in context, he was either ignorant or deliberately deceiving.

Which do you think it is?

RandomGuy
04-05-2012, 10:03 AM
LOL...

You're losing it.

Indeed. We are, but not in the way you would like to think.

I try really hard to force myself to have some respect for you. Then you go off and do something like this.

It would be an interesting exercise to cobble together your stupidity here into one post.

Then, the next time you start blathering about the your climate scientist conspiracy theory just link that one post.

No credibility for you.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=212&pictureid=1684

GSH
04-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Santorum is a bonehead, with some of the things he says, so it's hard to be sure. I think he was probably parroting what someone else had told him, because I seriously doubt that he took the time to research the course catalogs.

Like I said, I don't know, but maybe the person was referencing the fact that the history courses that are taught all come with some peculiar ideological slant. This is one of the few "plain" American history courses at Berkeley. It could just as easily be called "How the White Man Kept a Brother Down". I'm pretty sure that there were some interesting historical things that happened between settlement and Civil War, but they don't teach them.

The United States from Settlement to Civil War -- History (HISTORY) 7A
There are two main themes: one is to understand the origin of the "groups" we call European-Americans, Native-Americans, and African-Americans; the second, is to understand how democratic political institutions emerged in the United States in this period in the context of an economy that depended on slave labor and violent land acquisition.

RandomGuy
04-05-2012, 10:13 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=212&pictureid=1685

vy65
04-05-2012, 10:16 AM
LOL...

110B. Revolutionary America, 1740-1815. S
Explores the political, social, economic, and cultural development of British North America from the first stirrings of resistance to the establishment of the U.S. Course 110A is not a prerequisite to course 110B. Satisfies American History and Institutions Requirement. G. O'Malley

110D. The Civil War Era. F
Social, political, and economic history of the American Civil War and Reconstruction, focusing on the war's changing nature and significance, emancipation, and the postwar struggle over the future of the South and the nation. C. Jones

110E. What Is a Nation? The U.S. from 1877 to 1914. F
History of the U.S. during what was perhaps its most socially turbulent era, the period following Reconstruction through the First World War. What did it mean to be a nation in the post-Reconstruction era? How did a country that had only recently unified itself under one system of labor now resolve the question of national identity? Was America truly a nation by 1914? M. Lasar

vy65
04-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Bingo...

You found what I was looking for. Too bad I only found three of the 10 schools that have this series of classes.

Where are the others besides San Diego, Davis, and Santa Barbara?

Lets see...

I didn't take this new math you guys took, but isn't 10 minus 3 still equal to 7?

Did your pappy skullfuck stupid into your head when you were young?

RandomGuy
04-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Santorum is a bonehead, with some of the things he says, so it's hard to be sure. I think he was probably parroting what someone else had told him, because I seriously doubt that he took the time to research the course catalogs.

Like I said, I don't know, but maybe the person was referencing the fact that the history courses that are taught all come with some peculiar ideological slant. This is one of the few "plain" American history courses at Berkeley. It could just as easily be called "How the White Man Kept a Brother Down". I'm pretty sure that there were some interesting historical things that happened between settlement and Civil War, but they don't teach them.

There are two main themes: one is to understand the origin of the "groups" we call European-Americans, Native-Americans, and African-Americans; the second, is to understand how democratic political institutions emerged in the United States in this period in the context of an economy that depended on slave labor and violent land acquisition.

I dunno, that seems to be the two main themes of events in early US history. I would be hard pressed to think of different themes for that time period.

It is sad when taking a realistic view, warts and all, about our history is somehow wrong.

Santorum obviously was parroting something he heard, I agree (see post 112 for probable source)

What does that say about him, especially given the context of his "dutch euthanasia" and "evolution is a lie" beliefs/comments?

What does it say about a sizable portion of the Republican base that they would support such a man?

RandomGuy
04-05-2012, 10:22 AM
I don't see that as a 3 digit HIUS number. Do you?

Relevence?

I would point out that it is awfully hard to see things when you have your head up your ass.

Try taking it out, maybe that will help.

vy65
04-05-2012, 10:22 AM

No upper level history course would be "objective." All history is ideologically slanted one way or another.

vy65
04-05-2012, 10:23 AM
What does that say about him, especially given the context of his "dutch euthanasia" and "evolution is a lie" beliefs/comments?

What does it say about a sizable portion of the Republican base that they would support such a man?

spuzFy33FuQ

GSH
04-05-2012, 10:26 AM

It says that they like some of the things he says, so they put their heads in the sand and totally disregard all the other dangerous and stupid shit he says.

See: Obama, Barack

RandomGuy
04-05-2012, 10:28 AM
No upper level history course would be "objective." All history is ideologically slanted one way or another.

I would generally agree. Some realities, however, like rampant genocide and slavery... don't really lend themselves to slants or spin. Not that people don't try.

vy65
04-05-2012, 10:30 AM
I would generally agree. Some realities, however, like rampant genocide and slavery... don't really lend themselves to slants or spin. Not that people don't try.

lol turkey

RandomGuy
04-05-2012, 10:31 AM
It says that they like some of the things he says, so they put their heads in the sand and totally disregard all the other dangerous and stupid shit he says.

See: Obama, Barack

Wrong answer.

What does it say that those people actively embrace those dangerous and stupid things?

These people don't like him in spite of the dangerous stupid shit he says, they like him BECAUSE of the dangerous stupid shit he says.

RandomGuy
04-05-2012, 10:32 AM
lol turkey

Yup. Ask a nationalist about Armenia.

GSH
04-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Wrong answer.

What does it say that those people actively embrace those dangerous and stupid things?

These people don't like him in spite of the dangerous stupid shit he says, they like him BECAUSE of the dangerous stupid shit he says.

You're now the sole source of knowledge about what other people are really thinking. I offer up a possibility, and you can immediately shoot it down, because you KNOW what other people are thinking?

You know they have a diagnosis for that, don't you?

RandomGuy
04-05-2012, 10:38 AM
You're now the sole source of knowledge about what other people are really thinking. I offer up a possibility, and you can immediately shoot it down, because you KNOW what other people are thinking?

You know they have a diagnosis for that, don't you?

You're now the sole arbiter of pshychological diagnoses. I offer up an explanation, and you shoot it down, because you are the sole arbiter?

You know they have a word for that, don't you?

RandomGuy
04-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Seriously though, have you listened to the things his supporters say about why they like him?

Don't take my word on it. Go out and find the footage.

It is scary.

vy65
04-05-2012, 10:40 AM

Rick understands that our freedom to practice our faith is not just under attack through the redefinition of marriage, but in nearly every facet of the popular culture. As a member of the United States Senate, Rick authored the “Workplace Religious Freedom Act” to ensure individuals of all faith could not be discriminated against while on the job. Rick also founded the Congressional Working Group on Religious Freedom to ensure that the principle of Freedom of Religion would not be infringed upon.

America is suffering a pandemic of harm from pornography. A wealth of research is now available demonstrating that pornography causes profound brain changes in both children and adults, resulting in widespread negative consequences. Addiction to pornography is now common for adults and even for some children. The average age of first exposure to hard-core, Internet pornography is now 11. Pornography is toxic to marriages and relationships. It contributes to misogyny and violence against women. It is a contributing factor to prostitution and sex trafficking.

Every family must now be concerned about the harm from pornography. As a parent, I am concerned about the widespread distribution of illegal obscene pornography and its profound effects on our culture.

For many decades, the American public has actively petitioned the United States Congress for laws prohibiting distribution of hard-core adult pornography.

Congress has responded. Current federal “obscenity” laws prohibit distribution of hardcore (obscene) pornography on the Internet, on cable/satellite TV, on hotel/motel TV, in retail shops and through the mail or by common carrier. Rick Santorum believes that federal obscenity laws should be vigorously enforced. “If elected President, I will appoint an Attorney General who will do so.”

The Obama Administration has turned a blind eye to those who wish to preserve our culture from the scourge of pornography and has refused to enforce obscenity laws. While the Obama Department of Justice seems to favor pornographers over children and families, that will change under a Santorum Administration.

I proudly support the efforts of the War on Illegal Pornography Coalition that has tirelessly fought to get federal obscenity laws enforced. That coalition is composed of 120 national, state, and local groups, including Morality in Media, Family Research Council, Focus on the Family, American Family Association, Cornerstone Family Council of New Hampshire, Pennsylvania Family Institute, Concerned Women for America, The Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention, and a host of other groups. Together we will prevail.

spuzFy33FuQ

MannyIsGod
04-05-2012, 10:44 AM
College Catalogs are hard to navigate. Nothing like a parts manual.

LnGrrrR
04-05-2012, 10:50 AM

How many "plain" history courses do most colleges offer?

RandomGuy
04-05-2012, 12:29 PM
spuzFy33FuQ

The true conservative vision wins because it is hopeful with a belief in free people and limited government.

...except porn. that i"m all for spending as much money as it takes to fight the War on Pornography.

When pornagraphy is outlawed, only outlaws will have pornography.

Lookin' at boobies makes you a criminal. DUN DUN DUN.

RandomGuy
04-05-2012, 12:32 PM
The policies of President Obama have moved us in exactly in the wrong direction. These job killing policies and increased regulatory barriers and burdens have made oil and gas exploration a low priority for America, virtually halting exploration.

Wow. Oil and gas exploration have "virtually halted".

ROFL...

Having thoroughly read the annual statements of one of the largest natgas producers, as well as Exxon's, I will say that is utter bullshit.

Yet there are people who believe that. Why?

DarkReign
04-05-2012, 01:17 PM

I spit my sandwich out onto my desk, thanks.

Oh, Gee!!
04-05-2012, 01:25 PM
"Culture" is a socialist buzzword.

RandomGuy
04-05-2012, 01:47 PM

Unless of course it has the word "American" in front of it. Or "western".

Then it is ok.

Because studying other cultures is, you know, snobbish.

resistanze
04-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Wow at this thread.

Drachen
04-05-2012, 02:10 PM

L/R 020. History of the United States to 1865. (A) History & Tradition Sector. All classes. Richter.
An analysis of American society from the founding of the Colonies to the outbreak of Civil War. Topics to be emphasized include: the interaction among European, Indian and African cultures in the New World; the shaping of the distinctive American character; the creation of an independent nation-state; and the crisis of the Union. Special attention will be given to biographical profiles of the men and women who helped shape American history during this period.

Looks to be pretty much the same. I chose University of Pennsylvania because it's his home state.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-05-2012, 02:48 PM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5754607&postcount=1

ElNono
04-05-2012, 02:50 PM
How did I miss this thread? :lol

MannyIsGod
04-05-2012, 03:12 PM
How did I miss this thread? :lol

Perhaps you thought it was just a high school requirement.

EVAY
04-05-2012, 03:17 PM

It (the WSJ) is owned and published by the Murdoch Empire.

'Nuff said?

MannyIsGod
04-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Personally I find the WSJ op ed page great. Especially when they cover science news. Anyone who blindly follows what they say is fairly unreachable, but those who are honestly open minded are able to be shown how they pretty much just flat out lie about things.

Wild Cobra
04-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Glad to amuse you guys. At the least, you can see why an article can make such a claim. I wonder what the full context of what Santorum was saying is, especially just before the quotes we saw.

Take what you want out of this, I know it doesn't change how you feel about me, and I don't give a shit anyway. Still... isn't o possible that what lead up to this is that most the UC colleges do not have an actual American History curriculum? Just a class here or there?

Go back and consider my words when I first posted. It was because the Mad Cow opened her mouth. She rarely says anything true by the time she is done spinning it.

I will stick to my assertion that only the 100, 200, and 300 series classes count, and that title alone doesn't matter. One of the classes someone listed before was a "women's studies class." Not a history class.

Glad you all had you fun. DarkReign... sorry about your sandwich.

ChumpDumper
04-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Glad to amuse you guys. At the least, you can see why an article can make such a claim.No, we can't.
I wonder what the full context of what Santorum was saying is, especially just before the quotes we saw.No, you don't.

Take what you want out of this, I know it doesn't change how you feel about me, and I don't give a shit anyway. Still... isn't o possible that what lead up to this is that most the UC colleges do not have an actual American History curriculum? Just a class here or there?No, it isn't possible.

Go back and consider my words when I first posted. It was because the Mad Cow opened her mouth. She rarely says anything true by the time she is done spinning it.No, we won't.

I will stick to my assertion that only the 100, 200, and 300 series classes count, and that title alone doesn't matter. One of the classes someone listed before was a "women's studies class." Not a history class.No, you're wrong.

Wild Cobra
04-05-2012, 04:00 PM
No, you're wrong.

If I'm wrong, then so be it.

At least I got a bunch of you guys to help me look up information.

Thanks.

ChumpDumper
04-05-2012, 04:09 PM
If I'm wrong, then so be it.Oh, it be.

At least I got a bunch of you guys to help me look up information.

Thanks.
Now I'm going to wait for you to say it was all a joke and look how you got everyone to google class schedules.No, thank you.

LnGrrrR
04-05-2012, 04:18 PM
WC, still waiting for you to point out another college with a great deal of these "plain American History" classes.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-05-2012, 04:21 PM
WC, still waiting for you to point out another college with a great deal of these "plain American History" classes.

How would he know. He went to Mansfield Technical School so he could become a trained partschanger.

RandomGuy
04-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Glad to amuse you guys. At the least, you can see why an article can make such a claim. I wonder what the full context of what Santorum was saying is, especially just before the quotes we saw.

Dude, it wasn't just one claim, the WSJ article had several. All massively, stupidly, easily provably wrong.

The context was that liberals hate america, and that half-assed, false assertion was used to support that thesis.

Don't try to bullshit his/your way out of it.

RandomGuy
04-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Go back and consider my words when I first posted. It was because the Mad Cow opened her mouth. She rarely says anything true by the time she is done spinning it.

Bullshit.

1) Define "rarely"

2) Prove it.

Bullshit has been called. Either you can support this statement, or we can, rightly, reject it.

baseline bum
04-05-2012, 04:27 PM
LOL @ WC being the Republican version of mouse.

RandomGuy
04-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Take what you want out of this, I know it doesn't change how you feel about me, and I don't give a shit anyway.

This thread does change how I feel about you, not that I think you care, or should care.

I think much less of you.

Instead of admitting you were wrong, you double down on, then when shown to be wrong AGAIN, you double down on it AGAIN.

Duck, dodge, and obfuscate is all you did, in the most thoroughly dishonest, and sloppy way possible. Your problem now is that it is really, really clear that is exactly what you did. You removed any shadow of doubt anyone had that you have any shred of credibility on anything.

FWIW, I still think the "parts changer" stuff is mean, and unwarranted.

CuckingFunt
04-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Still... isn't o possible that what lead up to this is that most the UC colleges do not have an actual American History curriculum? Just a class here or there?

(In general, curricula are made up of classes here and there.)

baseline bum
04-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Nevermind... I'm tired of feeding the WC troll.

Cry Havoc
04-06-2012, 12:01 AM
Nevermind... I'm tired of feeding the WC troll.

He's not trolling.

Wild Cobra
04-06-2012, 02:45 AM
Well, I didn't mean it quite like that. I'm not going to go back and look at the words I said, not worth the time. I meant history that wasn't focused on some agenda. Most the courses I found by that time that had "history" in the title, were not history classes anyway. I also specified several times that I was looking for 100, 200, or 300 series classes. Right or wrong, my perception of a college class are those series classes that are transferable to other colleges.

Now I may be wrong about this, but I don't think I am...

The three UC colleges that I accepted as having history classes all had searchable HIUS numers. (History US.) The other seven did not. Right or wrong, I was using those standards, and right or wrong, I assumed the entire UC system retains the same class numbering sequence.

Maybe my standards are higher than the rest of you?

Dude, it wasn't just one claim, the WSJ article had several. All massively, stupidly, easily provably wrong.

The context was that liberals hate america, and that half-assed, false assertion was used to support that thesis.

Don't try to bullshit his/your way out of it.
I wasn't going by the WSG article. I was going by the limited information provided at the start of the thread. Now what I failed to do, because I was so busy doing other things, and only focused on finding actual American History courses, was... I didn't do other searches. I didn't see what Santorum's statement was in full context. I think it would be important to see what preceded those words.

I really wish you wouldn't assume things about me. Others may applaud you, but really. I am so different than most of you that all I do when you guys assume so incorrectly about me is think... Damn... he is real fucking stupid.

He's not trolling.
That's is correct. However, you guys fail to acknowledge what I was looking for, and at every opportunity, attacked me rather than trying to see my viewpoint.

Not my bad, but you guy's bad.

Cry Havoc
04-06-2012, 03:20 AM
That's is correct. However, you guys fail to acknowledge what I was looking for, and at every opportunity, attacked me rather than trying to see my viewpoint.

WC's initial reply to the thread:

I had a hard time listening to the Mad Cow for the 4:04 that I did. In that time, she only referred to one UC school that did teach it. Since she is a compulsive charlatan and always misleading with facts, maybe Santorum is correct?

mingus
04-06-2012, 03:59 AM
Depends on what Santorum meant by "American History." It could have narrow or broad meaning. Technically, I think it refers to American History from Colonization-Reconstruction and Reconstruction-Current. Those are your standard American History courses. I know UT offers a bunch of them (or did, anyway). Would be strange if UCLA didn't offer them. And if not, then why?

Wild Cobra
04-06-2012, 06:13 AM
Depends on what Santorum meant by "American History." It could have narrow or broad meaning. Technically, I think it refers to American History from Colonization-Reconstruction and Reconstruction-Current. Those are your standard American History courses. I know UT offers a bunch of them (or did, anyway). Would be strange if UCLA didn't offer them. And if not, then why?
I agree, context matters. I still haven't looked up to see if I could find a transcript, and frankly, it's not that important to me. However... only 3 of the 10 UC colleges offer more than a few history classes. Most the ones with history in their name is not a history course either.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-06-2012, 07:25 AM
only 3 of the 10 UC colleges offer more than a few history classes. Most the ones with history in their name is not a history course either.

Point them out you lying piece of shit. UCB, UC, UCD, UCSB, UCSC, UCLA, etc all offerred the typical two lower division that your dumb ass still attempts to deny as well as upper division courses. You have been linked all of thir course catalogs in this thread.

Your issue is that some of the upper division classes talk about race and gender so you try and diminish them. Seeing that your a racist stalker this comes as little surprise. Nonetheless, you suck at sophistry.

Goran Dragic
04-06-2012, 08:11 AM
Because it's a liberal pinko college that wants to deprive students of American history!

RandomGuy
04-06-2012, 08:16 AM
I wasn't going by the WSG article. I was going by the limited information provided at the start of the thread. Now what I failed to do, because I was so busy doing other things, and only focused on finding actual American History courses, was... I didn't do other searches. I didn't see what Santorum's statement was in full context.

BULLSHIT.

Maddow gave enough of the clip to see it in full context.

Hell, I spoon-fed it to you. "Liberals are bad, California, run by liberals hates America. Look they dont' even have American history courses in colleges."

You don't want the "full context", don't lie to me. It's fucking irritating.

You want something you can spin to make it seem like Santorum is less of an idiot for believing and regurgitating something stupid.

This is what you do when you paint yourself into a corner. Instead of having a shred of intellectual honesty and man up that some politician you like fucked up, or that you fucked up, you grasp at straws, and then build the thinnest of cases out of some "context", with a side order of "liberal media bias".

Bullshit.

You still haven't proven that Maddow "rarely tells the truth", by the way.

Are you going to stand by that or slink away from it?

RandomGuy
04-06-2012, 08:20 AM
I agree, context matters. I still haven't looked up to see if I could find a transcript, and frankly, it's not that important to me. However... only 3 of the 10 UC colleges offer more than a few history classes. Most the ones with history in their name is not a history course either.

... because history majors are so in demand in the job market. That just doesn't make any sense, I know.

Hell, I can't see why all these colleges run by liberals don't spend more money on history courses, given the massive current demand from Exxon, Apple, IBM, Freescale, Coca-Cola for history majors.

All you have to do is key in "histotry degree" in the website of those companies, and you get hundreds of hits each about jobs for history majors.

http://www.exxonmobil.com/Search/search.aspx?q=history+degree&site=xom%7Cbusswire&css=xom&BCL=%2FCorporate%2FNavigation&km=corporate&la=en&lr=lang_en&output=xml_no_dtd&client=default_frontend&getfields=description&show_km=n&as_q=inurl%3A%2FCorporate%2F+OR+inurl%3Abusinesswi re.com%2F+OR+inurl%3A%2FNA-English%2FPA%2F&filter=0&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

http://www.ibm.com/search/csass/search?sn=mh&q=history%20degree&lang=en&cc=us&en=utf

http://www.apple.com/search/?q=history%20degree&section=global&geo=us

http://search.coke.com/search?q=history+degree&site=9446_coll_USCokeCorporate%7C11302_coll_USCoke CorporatePC&client=9446_frnt_USCokeCorporate&output=xml_no_dtd&proxystylesheet=9446_frnt_USCokeCorporate&oe=utf8&ie=utf8

The only possible explanation is that liberals hate US history, history in general, and the free market.

:bang :bang :bang :bang

TeyshaBlue
04-06-2012, 08:52 AM
Maybe my standards are higher than the rest of you?

Not really. Maybe your standards are just a construct of the stranglehold that confirmation bias has upon you.

Venti Quattro
04-06-2012, 08:52 AM
Santorum is an idiot. These are the things that we know.

Cry Havoc
04-06-2012, 05:07 PM
attacked me

mad cow

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
04-06-2012, 06:09 PM
If this forum was a porn video library, then this thread is the interracial gangbang section and WC stars as the blonde girl.

Drachen
04-06-2012, 06:35 PM
If this forum was a porn video library, then this thread is the interracial gangbang section and WC stars as the blonde girl.

baseline bum
04-06-2012, 08:00 PM

Nah, Santorum is the blonde; WC is the fluffer.

fraga
04-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Wild Cobra

http://duasounove.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/master-troll-e1301323817393.jpg

resistanze
04-07-2012, 11:07 AM

I would like this question answered as well.

mingus
04-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Does UCLA not have Intro to Biology, Chemistry 1, Pre-Calculus, Algeabra 1, physics 1, English Comp 1 classes, too?

Drachen
04-07-2012, 01:15 PM
Does UCLA not have Intro to Biology, Chemistry 1, Pre-Calculus, Algeabra 1, physics 1, English Comp 1 classes, too?

dont know, did you look those (or their equivalents) up?

Kinda a left field question though.

Blake
04-07-2012, 01:17 PM
I would like this question answered as well.

No way it's possible that it could take an entire semester to cover 60 years of American history!

mingus
04-07-2012, 01:21 PM
dont know, did you look those (or their equivalents) up?

Kinda a left field question though.

It is not a left field question at all. Why would they allow anyone to study any specific part of American History without knowing American History in general? Usually they give you a survey class, and then they go into specifics. They're narrowing your scope of American History to things they would like you to know about, which is bullshit.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Most school systems have you go through US and world history at each of the elementary, middle and high school levels. I have yet to see a degree program from a 4 year university that did not require an additional 2 classes which covered US history from at least initial european settlement to modern times.

Further study becomes more specialized.

WC fixating on that upper division coursework should not be compelling but for some reason the same people are compelled. Its useful to see confirmation bias at work is suppose but gmfb.

Agloco
04-07-2012, 03:46 PM
College Catalogs are hard to navigate. Nothing like a parts manual.

It is not a left field question at all. Why would they allow anyone to study any specific part of American History without knowing American History in general? Usually they give you a survey class, and then they go into specifics. They're narrowing your scope of American History to things they would like you to know about, which is bullshit.

I don't believe you need lower division prerequisites in history to understand upper division history, or history of a narrower scope as you put it.

Would be a neat trick in a nukulr fizzucks class though.

If your argument is that broad based history is a good/necessary thing, then simply seek out an institution that teaches it.

baseline bum
04-07-2012, 03:59 PM
UCLA has a full-year US history sequence in the lower division.

http://www.registrar.ucla.edu/catalog/catalog11-12-400.htm

13A-13B-13C. History of the U.S. and Its Colonial Origins. (5-5-5)

Lecture, three hours; discussion, two hours. Strongly recommended for History majors planning to take more advanced courses in U.S. history. Cultural heritages, political institutions, economic developments, and social interactions which created contemporary society. P/NP or letter grading. 13A. Colonial Origins and First Nation Building Acts; 13B. 19th Century; 13C. 20th Century.

mingus
04-07-2012, 04:37 PM
I don't believe you need lower division prerequisites in history to understand upper division history, or history of a narrower scope as you put it.

It is not that you would not be able to understand it. It is that you would only learn a narrow part of history, leading to possibly narrow historical, economical, cultural, and political prespectives. That is not learning American History; that is learning about X period of American History.

If your argument is that broad based history is a good/necessary thing, then simply seek out an institution that teaches it.

You are missing the point. The point is that learning just a part of American History is not learning American History. Yet, American History is (as far as I know) a neccessary class. Whether a kid should go to another Uni. to study is off-subject.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-07-2012, 04:46 PM
It is not that you would not be able to understand it. It is that you would only learn a narrow part of history, leading to possibly narrow historical, economical, cultural, and political prespectives. That is not learning American History; that is learning about X period of American History.

You are missing the point. The point is that learning just a part of American History is not learning American History. Yet, American History is (as far as I know) a neccessary class. Whether a kid should go to another Uni. to study is off-subject.

Im sure you've got some religious bullshit in mind knowing you but can you point me to one 4 year public university in the US that does not require at least 6 hours of US history dating from 1600 to 1860 and 1860 to present or a something analogous?

Just one.

Agloco
04-07-2012, 04:55 PM

Most all of those classes when put together cover a large portion of US history. I don't see the focus as being too narrow. I know that most Unis require a year of history which is broken into two semesters. They cover the entire gambit as I understand it.

EDIT: Fuzzy beat me to this point.

Ahhh, I missed the context.

Necessary for what though? To fulfill some general requirement I take it? Why is it a bad thing for kids to have a choice? I say let them decide if there are in fact other choices to be had.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Sorry to steal your thunder Agloco. I've just been doing this back and forth for a couple of days now and its become reflex.

Drachen
04-07-2012, 05:20 PM

UCLA offers general american history courses.

Shit, not only do they have the standard general american history courses that all universities have, but they even have this:

Understanding Whiteness in American History and Culture

ChumpDumper
04-07-2012, 05:24 PM
It would help if we knew what university you were talking about.

Agloco
04-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Sorry to steal your thunder Agloco. I've just been doing this back and forth for a couple of days now and its become reflex.

:toast

UCLA offers general american history courses.

Shit, not only do they have the standard general american history courses that all universities have, but they even have this:

Understanding Whiteness in American History and Culture

You'll definitely need to provide a link for WC's sake. I wonder if that will quench his bloodlust?

Drachen
04-07-2012, 05:39 PM
:toast

You'll definitely need to provide a link for WC's sake. I wonder if that will quench his bloodlust?

Nah, I will let him educate himself on this thing called "goo-gle" it is a need tool to find things that you are looking for. Additionally, it could help him look less stupid in the future. Hopefully Mingus has learned his lesson to not throw his lot in with WC, noble as it was for him to attach himself to a sunken ship.

Wild Cobra
04-07-2012, 05:42 PM
You guys are still at this?

Wow...

ChumpDumper
04-07-2012, 05:43 PM

Wow...Some other ignorant poster started building a straw man. What else should be done?

Agloco
04-07-2012, 05:54 PM

Wow...

Have you figured out the problem with American History yet?

ChumpDumper
04-07-2012, 06:05 PM
We could go on for another 9 pages and WC would still be asking for links to California course catalogs.

I haven't seen anyone prove anything about Humbolt State. Perhaps that's what Santorum was talking about!

Wild Cobra
04-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Have you figured out the problem with American History yet?
There is no problem. I have my answer, not my problem you guys are chasing something else.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-07-2012, 07:53 PM
There is no problem. I have my answer, not my problem you guys are chasing something else.

The discussion doesn't revolve around you is the reason why we are still at it. Nice to see your ego is based on how much attention you get though.

Venti Quattro
04-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Maybe Wild Cobra studied at USC? :lol

ploto
04-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Im sure you've got some religious bullshit in mind knowing you but can you point me to one 4 year public university in the US that does not require at least 6 hours of US history dating from 1600 to 1860 and 1860 to present or a something analogous?

Just one.

Are you really claiming that all universities require all it graduates to take an entire year of US history to graduate?

For example:
University of Alabama

12 semester hours of courses approved for the history and social and behavioral sciences (SB) designation to include 3 semester hours of courses approved for the history (HI) designation and 6 semester hours of courses approved for the social and behavioral sciences (SB) designation.

(Does not have to be US history)

http://registrar.ua.edu/academics/core-curriculum/core-post-1998/

For engineering majors, it is even less:

Nine semester hours of courses in the areas of history and social and behavioral sciences (HI & SB), to include six semester hours in a discipline (HY, EC, for example). A six-hour depth study is required and may be taken in either HU, L, & FA or HI & SB.

http://registrar.ua.edu/academics/core-curriculum/engineering/

University of Arizona:

All degree-seeking, undergraduate students must satisfy the requirements of the UA General Education Curriculum by completing a series of basic college courses:

Foundations – English Composition, Mathematics, and Second Language courses
Tier One – Traditions & Cultures, Individuals & Societies, and Natural Sciences courses
Tier Two – Humanities, Individuals & Societies, Natural Sciences, and Arts courses
Diversity Emphasis – Gender, Race, Class, Ethnicity, Sexual Orientation, or Non-Western Area Studies (one course)

http://catalog.arizona.edu/2011-12/gened.html

If you follow the link, you can find a long list of courses from which to choose to satisfy these requirements. You do not even have to take one history class to graduate.

Woo Bum-kon
04-07-2012, 10:40 PM
Wild Cobra, you need to come see me.

Wild Cobra
04-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Wild Cobra, you need to come see me.

I have no need to see a 30 year dead ghost.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Are you really claiming that all universities require all it graduates to take an entire year of US history to graduate?

For example:
University of Alabama

12 semester hours of courses approved for the history and social and behavioral sciences (SB) designation to include 3 semester hours of courses approved for the history (HI) designation and 6 semester hours of courses approved for the social and behavioral sciences (SB) designation.

(Does not have to be US history)

http://registrar.ua.edu/academics/core-curriculum/core-post-1998/

For engineering majors, it is even less:

Nine semester hours of courses in the areas of history and social and behavioral sciences (HI & SB), to include six semester hours in a discipline (HY, EC, for example). A six-hour depth study is required and may be taken in either HU, L, & FA or HI & SB.

http://registrar.ua.edu/academics/core-curriculum/engineering/

University of Arizona:

All degree-seeking, undergraduate students must satisfy the requirements of the UA General Education Curriculum by completing a series of basic college courses:

Foundations – English Composition, Mathematics, and Second Language courses
Tier One – Traditions & Cultures, Individuals & Societies, and Natural Sciences courses
Tier Two – Humanities, Individuals & Societies, Natural Sciences, and Arts courses
Diversity Emphasis – Gender, Race, Class, Ethnicity, Sexual Orientation, or Non-Western Area Studies (one course)

http://catalog.arizona.edu/2011-12/gened.html

If you follow the link, you can find a long list of courses from which to choose to satisfy these requirements. You do not even have to take one history class to graduate.

Good stuff ploto. i actually did not know as for the states that i am familiar with the 6 hours is required. that being said it is interesting that two of the most conservative states in this country do not require it.

Woo Bum-kon
04-07-2012, 11:39 PM
I have no need to see a 30 year dead ghost.

Maybe I'm not dead. Have you seen my death certificate? Why are people so quick to jump to conclusions before all the facts are out?

Venti Quattro
04-08-2012, 12:18 AM
Maybe I'm not dead. Have you seen my death certificate? Why are people so quick to jump to conclusions before all the facts are out?
Where are you hiding? The whole South Korean police force is going to go HAM on your ass. You killed a whole family with a grenade for fuck's sake. :lol

Wild Cobra
04-08-2012, 05:26 AM
What a lame troll.

Woo Bum-kon
04-08-2012, 07:25 AM
I'm just emulating your style, bro. No need to get mad. I think your inability to use a search engine correctly is fucking hilarious, since you can e-stalk women like a pro.

mingus
04-08-2012, 12:39 PM

Just one.

i never said that wasn't the case. in fact from the beginning ive said it would be strange if UCLA did not require them. i offered hypotheticals as to how i would feel if that wasn't the case, but i've never been committed to believing otherwise. why are you geting so defensive?

ChumpDumper
04-08-2012, 01:07 PM
i never said that wasn't the case. in fact from the beginning ive said it would be strange if UCLA did not require them. i offered hypotheticals as to how i would feel if that wasn't the case, but i've never been committed to believing otherwise. why are you geting so defensive?Given the past of this thread, it doesn't seem to be a good idea to speculate on something that has proved to be completely easy to learn in seconds.

baseline bum
04-08-2012, 01:12 PM
UCLA doesn't require American History, though it has about a billion US history courses available.

Goran Dragic
04-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Good stuff ploto. i actually did not know as for the states that i am familiar with the 6 hours is required. that being said it is interesting that two of the most conservative states in this country do not require it.
Arizona is a conservative state but Tucson is a liberal city (Giffords and Grijalva being the two house members from Tucson districts) and UofA is a very liberal school. Just look at the stuff ploto posted for UofA (like a diversity requirement).

I don't think requiring students to take US history is a conservative ideal at all though. Requiring students take some version of the bullshit US history they teach in middle school and high school that always portrays America as the liberating freedom fighter? Yeah, that'd be conservative. Making students take courses on real American history (i.e. manifest destiny, slavery, etc.) isn't very conservative at all. One class I've taken at UA had a huge unit on the bullshit America pulled with Afghanistan and the Soviet Union.

mingus
04-08-2012, 01:57 PM
UCLA doesn't require American History, though it has about a billion US history courses available.

As long as it offers it, then that is fine by me, and proves Santorum is liar.

boutons_deux
04-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Rick Santorum Faces Resentment In Pennsylvania After Senate Loss

GETTYSBURG, Pa. — Rick Santorum is as unpopular in Pennsylvania today as he was six years ago when home-state voters kicked him out of the Senate in a rout. That sour public perception may doom his fading chances of sticking around in the GOP presidential race, along with other hurdles that dot his path to a possible, and needed, victory in the April 24 primary.

He failed to heal a rift with fiscal conservatives who had lost confidence in him or reassure party leaders that he could temper his hardline positions on social issues that repel the moderate and independent voters who are crucial to success in statewide elections in this diverse state. Even some who know Santorum say he isn't the best candidate.

That Pennsylvanians know Santorum may be part of the problem.

He spoke at the state's largest annual gathering of conservatives several weeks ago, yet won a straw vote with less than half the vote. His support in the state also has slipped, according to surveys that highlight his apparent likeability problem.

Santorum is as unpopular now as he was at the time of his defeat. A February poll by Muhlenberg College showed that nearly half the registered voters surveyed viewed him unfavorably. Just 39 percent saw him favorably.

A March 28 poll by Franklin & Marshall College showed Santorum with 30 percent support to Romney's 28 percent among registered Republicans, a significant drop from the 29-point advantage Santorum enjoyed in February.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/06/rick-santorum-pennsylvania-primary-senate-loss_n_1407862.html

Proof that InSaneTorum is all about himself, not about The American People.

baseline bum
08-29-2014, 12:43 AM
lol WC
lol faggot

ElNono
08-29-2014, 06:04 AM

Cry Havoc
08-29-2014, 01:33 PM
:lol This thread is a classic.

SnakeBoy
08-29-2014, 02:52 PM
Ya'll aren't being fair to WC, it's pretty clear Santorum and WC were talking about Amurican History which isn't taught in universities.

Quality coursework like:

HIS1001 Amurica: Fuck Yeah!
HIS1002 Amurica: We're #1
HIS2035 Amurica: Love It or Leave It
HIS2055 Amurica: USA! USA! USA!

Bill_Brasky
08-29-2014, 03:14 PM
He can track down a slut over the internet but he cant navigate a course catalog. Unbelievable.

DarrinS
08-29-2014, 03:56 PM
Wow. Bumping a 2 year old thread to call someone a faggot?

spurraider21
08-29-2014, 04:57 PM
precisely

:lol glad this was bumped, i had never seen it before

baseline bum
08-29-2014, 05:37 PM

Not just that. It's always fun to shit on Santorum.