PDA

View Full Version : Best Cavs Announcer faux paux....

tenbeersbold
04-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Sorry,I know I'm late to the party but being in Germany,I watch the games via HD rips the next day.

LOL! The Cavs homer play by play guy questioning the Cavs launching 3 balls w/ 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter down by 32 points

And I quote

"Why are we tryin' to shoot all three's now,we don't have to do that"

Honestly,how the f**k else could they've remotely got back in the game :hat

justinandimcool
04-04-2012, 02:13 PM
I chuckled at that too. But when you announce for a scrub team that has no hope, you root for them to play good basketball at the very least. The Cavs were playing so badly last night he was just looking for a silver lining of good execution from the bench mob. No dice :lol

Fireball
04-04-2012, 02:20 PM
hey, that was better than "deeeeep in the Q" or "he throws the hammer down" ...

Darkwaters
04-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Watching the game now...just heard the "hammer" comment about 20 seconds ago.

Spurminator
04-04-2012, 02:22 PM
The best part of that quote was when he said, "There's still plenty of time!"

Obstructed_View
04-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Bad teams try to get back into games three at a time. Good teams try to get back with good shots, and if some of those shots happen to be threes, so be it. I've seen the threejacking strategy work once, and it required one of the best players I've ever seen going on a major hot streak at the same time that the other team was sort of sleepwalking through garbage time.

Seventyniner
04-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Bad teams try to get back into games three at a time. Good teams try to get back with good shots, and if some of those shots happen to be threes, so be it. I've seen the threejacking strategy work once, and it required one of the best players I've ever seen going on a major hot streak at the same time that the other team was sort of sleepwalking through garbage time.

Let me guess: T-Mac as a Rocket with the miracle comeback against the Spurs in the 2004-2005 season.

jestersmash
04-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Where are you guys watching the game? I already watched the game last night live on FSSW with spurs announcers, but it'd be interesting to hear things from the Cavs announcers' perspective.

I found some highlights of Patti Mills from last night from the Cavs announcers' perspective -

e68M0i2gs8U

Obstructed_View
04-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Let me guess: T-Mac as a Rocket with the miracle comeback against the Spurs in the 2004-2005 season.

Yepper. And you can forgive a superstar for trying to do that with 30 seconds to go, because that literally is the only chance they have at that point. Doing it with ten minutes to go in the game doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

CitizenDwayne
04-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Where are you guys watching the game? I already watched the game last night live on FSSW with spurs announcers, but it'd be interesting to hear things from the Cavs announcers' perspective.

I found some highlights of Patti Mills from last night from the Cavs announcers' perspective -

e68M0i2gs8U
Patty went video game on 'em.

Cry Havoc
04-04-2012, 03:38 PM
I laughed at first too, but I think he was just hoping for his team to play good basketball and use the shot clock, rather than talking about mounting a comeback.

sehui
04-04-2012, 03:59 PM
thro da hamma down!