PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul draws crowd of 10,000+ in California

cheguevara
04-05-2012, 08:41 AM
...and that's a day after drawing 6,000 at another speech

“Hey Mitt, Rick and Newt–this is what a revolution looks like.”

:toast :toast

Ch_VFEol7nY

http://hammeroftruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ron-paul-ucla-libertarian-cats-in-tree.jpg

http://hammeroftruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ron-paul-ucla.jpg

Thursday night in Los Angeles, presidential candidate Ron Paul broke his own attendance record, actually set the night before in Chico, California. The news media doesn't always pick up on the subtle, or even the obvious details that set Paul's feverish supporters apart from the typical pack. While the Chico attendance was recorded at six thousand four hundred, the media reported it as "hundreds" of participants.

At the UCLA event, participants had waited as long as nine hours, standing in line, wearing t-shirts, holding signs, chanting, and encouraging political discourse with each other. Of course, they had much to agree with each other, as Paul's supporter's are typically enthralled with his long-standing record of one-message, without changing points of view very often.

Even as this article goes to print, as Paul set a new attendance record (estimates have ranged form seven to ten thousand), the only mention of Paul on the Fox news site is "Paul Increasingly Absent From Campaign." This continuously frustrates his supporters, who turn out in significantly larger numbers than any other candidate in the race. Most complain that Paul is not given fair representation in the major news media, and this seems compellingly shown true tonight again.

Ron Paul is known for having a core message that doesn't change. His address at UCLA certainly kept that image in tact. January 1, 2012 saw the passage of forty thousand new federal laws in America; Paul says, "I want to be the first president to repeal forty thousand laws."

"If people want to put something that's harmful in their bodies, without being dangerous to anyone else, they ought to be able to do that." Later, when speaking about the difficulties farmers face, "and if they want to go into the rope business, I'll let them make hemp rope." Paul added, "The 'war on drugs' has caused more harm than the drugs themselves."

Paul referred to "The Golden Rule" and got a standing ovation from the record setting crowd of various ages. "That's certainly different from the reaction I got from metioning the Golden Rule in a debate a few months ago."

Finally, he addressed a few larger issues facing American freedom in this "We have to repeal the NDAA and change the attitude of the TSA" was greeted by a similar applause to his mention of reducing dependancy on government welfare: When you give all care over to the govt and they're doing a terrible disservice to people, how can you say they're the humanitarians?

His closing message offered uplifting potential: "Seek virtue and excellence."

Continue reading on Examiner.com Ron Paul Breaks Record Attendance at UCLA - Los Angeles Community activism | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/community-activism-in-los-angeles/ron-paul-breaks-record-attendance-at-ucla#ixzz1rAnRMz00

George Gervin's Afro
04-05-2012, 09:37 AM
I think he needs to run as an independent...

elbamba
04-05-2012, 09:55 AM

:toast :toast

Ch_VFEol7nY

http://hammeroftruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ron-paul-ucla-libertarian-cats-in-tree.jpg

http://hammeroftruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ron-paul-ucla.jpg

Hey, one in ten of those people might actually vote. When your presidential chances are tied to pot smoking college kids, you don't have a very good shot. Has Paul even received 10,000 votes in the primaries added together?

hater
04-05-2012, 09:57 AM
unfortunately, there are a lot less pot smoking students than there are gun toting, bible thumping warmongering brainwashed rednecks

hater
04-05-2012, 10:04 AM
“You have to reach out to more people than the Republican base,” Paul told WMAL Radio on Monday. “We’re going to have big turnouts in places where no other Republican can go. I’m going to go to Berkeley.”

:wow nigga going all in

cheguevara
04-05-2012, 10:12 AM
interesting. IMO Paul is using Texas and California as a measuring stick. He's going not for republicans there, but registering independents and liberals to vote for him.

Judging on how successful that is, he might decide to say fuck it and go 3rd party. Not before going to Tampa first though, he's #2 in delegates on some counts.

cheguevara
04-05-2012, 10:13 AM
unfortunately, there are a lot less pot smoking students than there are gun toting, bible thumping warmongering brainwashed rednecks

+1

I'd side with a pot smoking college guy before siding with a neocon

vy65
04-05-2012, 10:42 AM
who cares?

JoeChalupa
04-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Large crowds do not equal large number of votes.

ChumpDumper
04-05-2012, 11:18 AM

:toast :toastIt looks like he's going to receive about 10-12% of the vote.

SA210
04-05-2012, 11:35 AM
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/527200_380996835256774_343586265664498_1274262_171 9861284_n.jpg

:rollin

ChumpDumper
04-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Latest CA Primary poll:

Romney 44%
Santorum 23%
Gingrich 12%
Paul 12%

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=e0ca86dd-f10f-4eab-bfd9-83cc40996df1

RandomGuy
04-05-2012, 11:46 AM
So now Ron Paul is an artist or something?

Hell, *I* could draw a crowd of 10,000+

I'll stop now.

MannyIsGod
04-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Thats not a very big crowd tbh.

ChumpDumper
04-05-2012, 12:15 PM
He'll get that many in Austin coming up pretty soon, I suspectHe'll come in fourth in that primary too, I suspect.

elbamba
04-05-2012, 12:47 PM
He'll come in fourth in that primary too, I suspect.

I think Paul has passed Newt. Paul will get about 9% and Newt will get 5%. For someone who draws large crowds people don't really get very excited about voting for him.

BlairForceDejuan
04-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Hey, one in ten of those people might actually vote. When your presidential chances are tied to pot smoking college kids, you don't have a very good shot. Has Paul even received 10,000 votes in the primaries added together?

Son this ain't Occupy Wallstreet.

elbamba
04-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Son this ain't Occupy Wallstreet.

Until they graduate.

cheguevara
04-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Let's clear some things up.

A) The crowds Paul is attracting (6,000 one day, 10,000 the next, etc) are big for a candidate in primary season. only an idiot would disagree.

B) Paul is not winning the election because the Republican party is still controlled by neocons.

C) The reason this is newsworthy is because Paul is running one of the best ran elections in modern times, in terms of transparency, organization and ardent following.

D) Paul is going to the Tampa convention with a ton of delegates and could prossibly play the role of kingmaker.

pretty simple to understand tbh

elbamba
04-05-2012, 01:12 PM

A) The crowds Paul is attracting (6,000 one day, 10,000 the next, etc) are big for a candidate in primary season. only an idiot would disagree.

B) Paul is not winning the election because the Republican party is still controlled by neocons.

C) The reason this is newsworthy is because Paul is running one of the best ran elections in modern times, in terms of transparency, organization and ardent following.

D) Paul is going to the Tampa convention with a ton of delegates and could prossibly play the role of kingmaker.

I think its great he is able to bring that many people to hear him speak. Your point B is essentially the same argument Santorum is making so there i no need or a response as it is just wrong.

I suppose if you add the collective weight of the delegates he will have in Tampa, they might combine to weigh about a ton. He will only have a role in Tampa if Romney's team allows him one. When you can't collect more than 10% of the vote, you don't have sway. Especially when 90% of your 10% do not turn out to vote.

scott
04-05-2012, 01:19 PM
The Spurs draw like 18,000 every night. Maybe they should run for president.

cheguevara
04-05-2012, 01:21 PM
I think its great he is able to bring that many people to hear him speak. Your point B is essentially the same argument Santorum is making so there i no need or a response as it is just wrong.

Santorum is the definition of neocon. More wars, more civil rights violated.

I suppose if you add the collective weight of the delegates he will have in Tampa, they might combine to weigh about a ton. He will only have a role in Tampa if Romney's team allows him one. When you can't collect more than 10% of the vote, you don't have sway. Especially when 90% of your 10% do not turn out to vote.

This is where you miss the point. Votes in the primaries do not = delegates.

cheguevara
04-05-2012, 01:21 PM
The Spurs draw like 18,000 every night. Maybe they should run for president.

:tu

Pop would be awesome going to congress to clean house

cheguevara
04-05-2012, 01:22 PM
http://www.themainewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/PAUL.jpg

ChumpDumper
04-05-2012, 02:53 PM
This is where you miss the point. Votes in the primaries do not = delegates.So Paul seeks influence through less democratic means?

Explain how this reflects the will of the people who bothered to vote.

cheguevara
04-05-2012, 03:00 PM
So Paul seeks influence through less democratic means?

Explain how this reflects the will of the people who bothered to vote.

You are barking at the wrong tree. It's called Election rules.

Similar to Gore vs. Bush 2000 and the Electoral College.

ChumpDumper
04-05-2012, 03:03 PM
You are barking at the wrong tree. It's called Election rules.

Similar to Gore vs. Bush 2000 and the Electoral College.It's precisely the right tree.

Your contention is that Paul is using technicalities to secure delegates outside the more democratic process of primary elections.

In fact, you are bragging about it. This is a good thing to you.

cheguevara
04-05-2012, 03:07 PM
:lmao technicality

ChumpDumper
04-05-2012, 03:09 PM
:lmao technicalityYes, technicalities that undermine the more democratic process of primary elections in reflecting the will of those who actually vote.

Why do you hate democracy?

cheguevara
04-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Yes, technicalities that undermine the more democratic process of primary elections in reflecting the will of those who actually vote.

Why do you hate democracy?

Again, you are barking at the wrong tree.

The rules are the rules and Paul is going by the book. Go whine about the rules to whoever made them up.

MannyIsGod
04-05-2012, 03:18 PM

Pretty simple when you look at the facts you want to look at. You know why he's getting bigger crowds? Because thats what he goes for. While others are trying to get people to - get this - VOTE for them - Paul tries to get these rallies to show that he's a viable candidate.

Um, ok?

Congrats on winning the largest primary candidate crowd contest, I guess. That shit does not translate to anything meaningful.

But what is really showing regarding your and other Paul supporters delusions is your contradictory ideas that:

A) The neocons control the Republican Party and have shut Paul out.
B) That Paul will somehow be able to play "king maker" at the giant Neocon party.

People can convince themselves of anything, I suppose.

cheguevara
04-05-2012, 03:21 PM
But what is really showing regarding your and other Paul supporters delusions is your contradictory ideas that:

A) The neocons control the Republican Party and have shut Paul out.
B) That Paul will somehow be able to play "king maker" at the giant Neocon party.

A) The neocons won't let Paul win
B) The delegates Paul has gives him influence at the Convention

not contradictory at all and pretty easy to understand tbh

MannyIsGod
04-05-2012, 03:24 PM
I will bet anything you'd like that Ron Paul will not be a major influence at the convention. Romney can pretty much pretend he doesn't exist and still win quite easily.

ChumpDumper
04-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Again, you are barking at the wrong tree.

The rules are the rules and Paul is going by the book. Go whine about the rules to whoever made them up.Paul can't win the nomination by the simpler democratic process. In fact he's proved time and again to be pretty terrible at it, so he must use other means.

MannyIsGod
04-05-2012, 03:30 PM
If Ron Paul's success with crowds is so high, why doesn't that translate to success at the polls? I mean if he's reaching so many people and they agree with him why aren't they taking the simple action of voting for him? He's not even close to winning any of these contests.

ChumpDumper
04-05-2012, 03:32 PM
If Ron Paul's success with crowds is so high, why doesn't that translate to success at the polls? I mean if he's reaching so many people and they agree with him why aren't they taking the simple action of voting for him? He's not even close to winning any of these contests.It's the neocons that are stealing primary elections but writing rules to give Paul delegates outside the primary process!

NEOCONS, I tell you!

cheguevara
04-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Paul can't win the nomination by the simpler democratic process.

there is no such thing. I'd advice you read up on the GOP election system. Everyone is playing the same rules.

In fact he's proved time and again to be pretty terrible at it, so he must use other means.

The tens of thousands that wait for hours to hear Paul disagree with your opinion.

ChumpDumper
04-05-2012, 03:34 PM
there is no such thing. I'd advice you read up on the GOP election system. Everyone is playing the same rules.And Ron Paul is losing the most democratic part of it across the board.

The tens of thousands that wait for hours to hear Paul disagree with your opinion.The primary election results agree with that fact.

BlairForceDejuan
04-05-2012, 03:41 PM
America is stupid. It's quite simple.

cheguevara
04-05-2012, 03:44 PM
And Ron Paul is losing the most democratic part of it across the board.

that is the least important part of this election process. What counts is delegates.

cheguevara
04-05-2012, 03:45 PM
America is stupid. It's quite simple.

pretty much

SA210
04-05-2012, 03:52 PM
If Ron Paul's success with crowds is so high, why doesn't that translate to success at the polls? I mean if he's reaching so many people and they agree with him why aren't they taking the simple action of voting for him? He's not even close to winning any of these contests.

Election fraud tbh, which has surprisingly been covered by Rachel Maddow a couple of times.

ChumpDumper
04-05-2012, 03:55 PM
that is the least important part of this election process. What counts is delegates.Yeah, fantasy delegate counts don't count either.

ChumpDumper
04-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Election fraud tbh, which has surprisingly been covered by Rachel Maddow a couple of times.Which fraud laws were broken and by whom?

cheguevara
04-05-2012, 04:12 PM
shhh don't you know Ron Paul is irrelevant. Noone listens to him. :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
04-05-2012, 04:15 PM
shhh don't you know Ron Paul is irrelevant. Noone listens to him. :rolleyesPractically no one votes for him in the primaries.

Jacob1983
04-05-2012, 04:24 PM
People who hate Ron Paul are the types that think that everything is fine and the government never does anything wrong or never keeps shit from its citizens.
If you want to continue to see America do nation building overseas and making other countries hate us even more and also increasing the debt every minute with all the unrealistic obligations and goals that America has right now, then you shouldn't support Ron Paul. He doesn't support that shit.

I'd love to see Ron Paul run as an independent just so it would piss off all the Romney and Obama jizz drinkers.

ChumpDumper
04-05-2012, 04:25 PM
People who hate Ron Paul are the types that think that everything is fine and the government never does anything wrong or never keeps shit from its citizens.
If you want to continue to see America do nation building overseas and making other countries hate us even more and also increasing the debt every minute with all the unrealistic obligations and goals that America has right now, then you shouldn't support Ron Paul. He doesn't support that shit.

I'd love to see Ron Paul run as an independent just so it would piss off all the Romney and Obama jizz drinkers.Your homosexual fantasy imagery aside, Obama supporters would welcome an independent Ron Paul run.

ChumpDumper
04-05-2012, 04:29 PM
practically no one votes in primaries tbh

11.5% yeesh

http://www.bipartisanpolicy.org/library/report/2012-gop-primary-turnout-lower-2008-2000-higher-some-states-open-or-semi-open-primariYep, 10-12% is practically nothing in these contests. That's why he gets little national coverage.

Jacob1983
04-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Shit dumper, we all know that you're still crossing your fingers on that new car and house that Obama promised you back in 2008 when you voted for him.

ChumpDumper
04-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Ron Paul isn't likely to go Libertarian or independent, I think, because he may not want to piss the GOP off and thus harm Rand's future oppsI never said he would.

Shit dumper, we all know that you're still crossing your fingers on that new car and house that Obama promised you back in 2008 when you voted for him.Never voted for him and he never promised anything of the sort, but thanks for making it about me. Would you like for me to make it about you next?

Jacob1983
04-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Sure. But come on, you're gonna tell me you're not an Obama supporter? You posts and tone seem to state that you are.

ChumpDumper
04-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Sure. But come on, you're gonna tell me you're not an Obama supporter? You posts and tone seem to state that you are.Not really. He's a fantastically mediocre president.

I just pick on right wing idiots and whiners more here because they say stupid shit like Obama promised everyone a house and car in 2008 much more often.

SA210
04-05-2012, 04:50 PM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/528427_273466309404676_169567139794594_625366_1832 73294_n.jpg

ChumpDumper
04-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Latest CA Primary poll:

Romney 44%
Santorum 23%
Gingrich 12%
Paul 12%

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=e0ca86dd-f10f-4eab-bfd9-83cc40996df1

cheguevara
04-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Practically no one votes for him in the primaries.

:lmao 12% is practically nothing

"Dumpster, how would you like 12% raise on your 25,000 janitor salary?"
"no thanks, it's practically nothing"

"Dumpster, there's 12% chance of catching aids through anal sex"
"it's practically nothing, put it in"

spursncowboys
04-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Although I think that is pretty incredible that although he doesn't get electorals, the ones he gets come in full force. However, it doesn't matter how big he is in California, since that state is an all or nothing state and very blue. FTR I hope he has enough clout at the end of this to get a Sec of State.

ChumpDumper
04-05-2012, 10:17 PM

Yep, 10-12% is practically nothing in these contests.Practically nothing as in he wins nothing and will have no influence on the convention.

You say practically nothing in all of these threads.

Give us your prediction about how Paul becomes a kingmaker and who it will be. It's your argument.

Jacob1983
04-06-2012, 12:53 AM
Why do people hate Ron Paul and why do people love to hate Ron Paul? I just don't get it.

SA210
04-06-2012, 01:22 AM
Why do people hate Ron Paul and why do people love to hate Ron Paul? I just don't get it.

Because they have to actually read and learn something. Because if they learn about Ron Paul it would mean they would have to admit that their loyalty is to the bad ones. Takes too much work. They'd rather go with the norm. They'd rather do what society tells them. It's easier. They don't really have to do anything.

SA210
04-06-2012, 01:23 AM

:lmao:rollin:rollin

MannyIsGod
04-06-2012, 01:34 AM
Because they have to actually read and learn something. Because if they learn about Ron Paul it would mean they would have to admit that their loyalty is to the bad ones. Takes too much work. They'd rather go with the norm. They'd rather do what society tells them. It's easier. They don't really have to do anything.

You guys who support Paul are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo damn wise.

MannyIsGod
04-06-2012, 01:35 AM
FYI - not thinking Paul has any real influence of consequence and hating Paul are too completely different things. Some of you are just flat out delusional.

SA210
04-06-2012, 01:43 AM

What I said is actually true for a majority of people who hate on him. Let's at least agree that RP is the ONLY honest man running for office, there is no doubt about that. Amazing how that isn't important to people.

SA210
04-06-2012, 01:44 AM
RU3HnDovu9I

MannyIsGod
04-06-2012, 02:20 AM
What I said is actually true for a majority of people who hate on him. Let's at least agree that RP is the ONLY honest man running for office, there is no doubt about that. Amazing how that isn't important to people.

I think Ron Paul is a politician. You should know what that means. I'll give you that Ron Paul definitely speaks his mind more and says things others wouldn't but thats only because he's a congressman from a unique district.

Jacob1983
04-06-2012, 02:51 AM
It's sad and pathetic that Republican voters care more about voting for a candidate that may beat Obama more than voting for a candidate that is consistent and knows what the fuck they're talking about and doesn't pander to anyone.

Wild Cobra
04-06-2012, 03:18 AM
It's sad and pathetic that Republican voters care more about voting for a candidate that may beat Obama more than voting for a candidate that is consistent and knows what the fuck they're talking about and doesn't pander to anyone.
I agree, but unless we install runoff elections, it will be like that.

Most people try to make the safe vote. People are sore of especially 3rd party candidate. Most republicans believe that Ross Perot took mostly Bush (41) votes, making Clinton president for example.

Jacob1983
04-06-2012, 03:49 AM
True but Ron Paul being a 3rd party candidate might give hope to future 3rd party candidates. Ron Paul has enough supporters where he could get the required 15 percent in the national polling therefore allowing him to be in the debates with Barry and Willard.

Whether you love or hate Ron Paul, the man is a badass. That crowd at UCLA proves it.

Wild Cobra
04-06-2012, 06:11 AM
True but Ron Paul being a 3rd party candidate might give hope to future 3rd party candidates. Ron Paul has enough supporters where he could get the required 15 percent in the national polling therefore allowing him to be in the debates with Barry and Willard.

Whether you love or hate Ron Paul, the man is a badass. That crowd at UCLA proves it.
I don't think he would want to guarantee a win for Obama.

spursncowboys
04-06-2012, 08:19 AM
I think Ron Paul is a politician. You should know what that means. I'll give you that Ron Paul definitely speaks his mind more and says things others wouldn't but thats only because he's a congressman from a unique district.

He is a politician. Like how even though he will vote against bills like crazy, it doesn't stop him from loading said bills with pork for his district.

spursncowboys
04-06-2012, 08:20 AM
which to me is pretty disingenuine

spursncowboys
04-06-2012, 08:21 AM
I don't think he would want to guarantee a win for Obama.

I think he would take just as many obama votes. Plus there is already a libertarian candidate if people where looking for a ron paul type in the general

cheguevara
04-06-2012, 08:43 AM

this makes no sense. Paul says what he says because he's from a unique district? are you saying any other politician in a unique district acts the same?? :downspin:

Yes Paul is a politician, but he's the unique one. Name another politician that has not changed his tune one bit since the 1980s. That's 30 years. Add to that one that has predicted the 2008 collapse? Add to that one that does not talk to lobbyists. Add to that one that wants to stop the unfair drug war. Add to that one that wants to stop the illegal wars abroad. Add to that one that wants to protect the civil liberties of all citizens. Add to that one that wants to audit the Fed.

not a single one.

cheguevara
04-06-2012, 09:18 AM
a few thousand more yesterday at UC Berkley

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/561240_389590311066001_241998685825165_1363551_115 5329403_n.jpg

SA210
04-06-2012, 11:30 AM
this makes no sense. Paul says what he says because he's from a unique district? are you saying any other politician in a unique district acts the same?? :downspin:

Yes Paul is a politician, but he's the unique one. Name another politician that has not changed his tune one bit since the 1980s. That's 30 years. Add to that one that has predicted the 2008 collapse? Add to that one that does not talk to lobbyists. Add to that one that wants to stop the unfair drug war. Add to that one that wants to stop the illegal wars abroad. Add to that one that wants to protect the civil liberties of all citizens. Add to that one that wants to audit the Fed.

not a single one.

Be careful there Che..these truths make us "delusional" lol

SA210
04-06-2012, 01:42 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s720x720/398865_10150810081912577_80256732576_11682360_1041 845296_n.jpg

ChumpDumper
04-06-2012, 01:47 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s720x720/398865_10150810081912577_80256732576_11682360_1041 845296_n.jpgIdaho 18.1%

Michigan 11.6%

Illinois 9.3%

Wisconsin 11.2%

Maryland 9.5%

Missouri 12.2%

In short, the media is covering the winners.

cheguevara
04-06-2012, 02:33 PM
plenty of love from the media for Dr. Paul's amazing deed in Berkley :tu

http://media.washtimes.com/media/community/viewpoint/entry/2012/04/05/ron-paul-ucla-640_s640x426.jpg?d9df90bc03b78ac13713e2120229f166a 08c6acb

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/tygrrrr-express/2012/apr/5/ron-paul-speaks-ucla/

http://www.presstv.ir/usdetail/234884.html

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_20331753/ron-paul-draws-overflow-crowd-at-ucla-town?source=most_emailed

http://www.examiner.com/community-activism-in-los-angeles/ron-paul-breaks-record-attendance-at-ucla

http://rt.com/usa/news/ron-paul-berkley-republican-476/

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local&id=8609883

Ronald Reagan, the golden calf of the GOP, called it "a haven for communist sympathizers, protesters and sex deviants." At the University of California, Berkley this week, though, students showed up in droves to support a Republican: Ron Paul.

Anti-war protests during the Vietnam era and mass gatherings during the Free Love movement made UC Berkley not just an unofficial hub of the hippie counterculture but also an opponent of the right-wing establishment during the 1960s and ‘70s. Only a few decades down the road, however, students enrolled at the same college that then-Governor Ronald Reagan dispatched the National Guard to are showing their support for a Republican Party presidential candidate.

Although the GOP has changed since the days of the Gipper — to a degree, at least — to say that the Republican Party would one day spawn a candidate so well condoned by Berkley students would have baffled the institution years earlier. Like his Republican Party rivals, Texas Congressman Ron Paul is indeed campaigning for the right. With college students at one of the most notoriously liberal schools of learning in the US, though, there’s a lot right about their candidate of choice.

http://rt.com/usa/news/ron-paul-berkley-republican-476/

MannyIsGod
04-06-2012, 03:51 PM

The same as in they get away with making statements that go against the grain? Of course. Exactly like Paul? No, but thats your strawman not my argumetn.

not a single one.

LOL @ not changed his tune since the 80s.

Ron Paul on climate change as recently as 2008 openly acknowledged that science pointed to humanity playing a significant role in the process.

Ron Paul, on Fox News (one of the media channels that ignores him) saying Global Warming is a hoax. (7:00 minute mark).

hCc5Gk1nops

So, here you have Ron Paul completely flip flopping on an issue in a direct effort to pander to GOP viewers of Fox News. In other words, he's being a politician in the exact way you claim he never does. Ron Paul will act just like every other politician if he feels he needs to do that.

If you need more proof of that, look no further than earmarks. You absolutely do not get to stand up for something out of one side of your mouth and then say something completely out of the other. Here is a plain as day opportunity for Ron Paul to show that he's more substance than talk and actually put his money where his mouth is and he doesn't. WHY? Because it would cost him his seat. He puts the political choice of getting reelected above his principles just like any other politician. You guys making him out to some sort of saint above that are simply completely wrong.

As for the rest of the issues, if you think Paul is the only one standing against those then you're simply wrong again.

Its cool that you guys support Paul. I don't have a problem with that. Its your unrealistic view of his support, potential influence, and "uniqueness" that I feel is wrong.

MannyIsGod
04-06-2012, 03:57 PM
You see, its one thing to speak out on things and go against the mainstream when it realistically doesn't cost you votes at home in your district. He's never going to lose an election at home by saying shit about the Fed, wars abroad, or anything else you guys love him for. However, the moment he took a principled stand against ear marks and refused to take them for his district those who lost out would be the first to bring about a primary challenge. He would be out of his seat in the next election. Of that there is NO doubt.

MannyIsGod
04-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Ron Paul on immigration certainly hasn't been consistent either.

cheguevara
04-06-2012, 04:08 PM
The same as in they get away with making statements that go against the grain? Of course. Exactly like Paul? No, but thats your strawman not my argumetn.

So you don't have another candidate that has been anti-drugwar, anti-war, anti-Fed, pro-liberty, anti-lobby and predicted the 2008 financial collapse?

ok, thanks.

LOL @ not changed his tune since the 80s.

So, here you have Ron Paul completely flip flopping on an issue in a direct effort to pander to GOP viewers of Fox News. In other words, he's being a politician in the exact way you claim he never does. Ron Paul will act just like every other politician if he feels he needs to do that.

wrong again, he hasnt changed his tune. From his website, he's still singing the same tune :lol

On November 20, 2008 Ron Paul said in a New York Times / Freakonomics interview:

“I try to look at global warming the same way I look at all other serious issues: as objectively and open-minded as possible. There is clear evidence that the temperatures in some parts of the globe are rising, but temperatures are cooling in other parts. The average surface temperature had risen for several decades, but it fell back substantially in the past few years.

Clearly there is something afoot. The question is: Is the upward fluctuation in temperature man-made or part of a natural phenomenon. Geological records indicate that in the 12th century, Earth experienced a warming period during which Greenland was literally green and served as rich farmland for Nordic peoples. There was then a mini ice age, the polar ice caps grew, and the once-thriving population of Greenland was virtually wiped out.

It is clear that the earth experiences natural cycles in temperature. However, science shows that human activity probably does play a role in stimulating the current fluctuations.

The question is: how much? Rather than taking a “sky is falling” approach, I think there are common-sense steps we can take to cut emissions and preserve our environment. I am, after all, a conservative and seek to conserve not just American traditions and our Constitution, but our natural resources as well.

We should start by ending subsidies for oil companies. And we should never, ever go to war to protect our perceived oil interests. If oil were allowed to rise to its natural price, there would be tremendous market incentives to find alternate sources of energy. At the same time, I can’t support government “investment” in alternative sources either, for this is not investment at all.

Government cannot invest, it can only redistribute resources. Just look at the mess government created with ethanol. Congress decided that we needed more biofuels, and the best choice was ethanol from corn. So we subsidized corn farmers at the expense of others, and investment in other types of renewables was crowded out.

Now it turns out that corn ethanol is inefficient, and it actually takes more energy to produce the fuel than you get when you burn it. The most efficient ethanol may come from hemp, but hemp production is illegal and there has been little progress on hemp ethanol. And on top of that, corn is now going into our gas tanks instead of onto our tables or feeding our livestock or dairy cows; so food prices have been driven up. This is what happens when we allow government to make choices instead of the market; I hope we avoid those mistakes moving forward.”

After additional consideration and analysis and shortly before the release of the Climategate emails in late 2009, Ron Paul identified the artificial panic around Global Warming as an elaborate hoax:

“The greatest hoax I think that has been around for many, many years if not hundreds of years has been this hoax on [...] global warming.” – Ron Paul on Fox Business, Nov. 4, 2009

“[The Copenhagen treaty on climate change] can’t help the economy. It has to hurt the economy and it can’t possibly help the environment because they’re totally off track on that. It might turn out to be one of the biggest hoaxes of all history, this whole global warming terrorism that they’ve been using, but we’ll have to just wait and see, but it cannot be helpful. It’s going to hurt everybody.” – Ron Paul on the Alex Jones Show, Nov. 5, 2009

If you need more proof of that, look no further than earmarks. You absolutely do not get to stand up for something out of one side of your mouth and then say something completely out of the other.

Failure again. Try to reason: Ron Paul is against the SPENDING so votes against the bills. But if a bill for $100 billion is up, he thinks every single penny in it should be earmarked by congress to a specific project -- rather than giving the president a blank check. In addition, since his constituents are forced to pay their share of taxes, he feels that IF the bills will pass OVER his vote against the bills, his constituents should get their share.

As for the rest of the issues, if you think Paul is the only one standing against those then you're simply wrong again.

again which candidate is running against war, against drug war, agains NDAA, pro audit the FED? which one??

Its cool that you guys support Paul. I don't have a problem with that. Its your unrealistic view of his support, potential influence, and "uniqueness" that I feel is wrong.

I guess it's also cool some guys support Barack the warmonger Obama. Who is currently serving Bush term #3 and is Wall Street's and the banker's #1 guy :tu

MannyIsGod
04-06-2012, 04:11 PM
You think I support Obama?

cheguevara
04-06-2012, 04:13 PM
who do you support?

MannyIsGod
04-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Honestly? None of them. I've made my complete distaste for nearly everything Obama has done incredibly clear over the past couple of years. If you haven't noticed then I don't know what to tell you but it has definitely been no secret.

I do wonder sometimes if being burned so bad by him has made me cynical to a that I've overreacted. I suppose someone could come around and pleasantly surprise me and turn out to be an actual leader but I'm not holding my breath and given the education level and outlook of this country I don't see that happening. In any event, I definitely do not believe that to be Ron Paul because I do not think he is the man you make him out to be but judging by poll numbers that is an irrelevant discussion since he has no real chance of becoming president.

Wild Cobra
04-06-2012, 04:23 PM
who do you support?

Honestly? None of them. I've made my complete distaste for nearly everything Obama has done incredibly clear over the past couple of years. If you haven't noticed then I don't know what to tell you but it has definitely been no secret.

I don't like defending Manny, but this is correct.

MannyIsGod
04-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Now I know I'm wrong. Fuck.

Wild Cobra
04-06-2012, 04:28 PM

LOL...

I get under your nerves, even when I try to be nice.... Shit...

cheguevara
04-06-2012, 04:32 PM

So it seems you voted for Obama last time around? I give a 90% chance you'll be doing the same or not voting at all in November.

I do wonder sometimes if being burned so bad by him has made me cynical to a that I've overreacted. I suppose someone could come around and pleasantly surprise me and turn out to be an actual leader but I'm not holding my breath and given the education level and outlook of this country I don't see that happening.

it's not happening because it is April and the table has been set for an Obamney presidency. There is almost no chance of anybody else coming up.

In any event, I definitely do not believe that to be Ron Paul because I do not think he is the man you make him out to be but judging by poll numbers that is an irrelevant discussion since he has no real chance of becoming president.

So I take it you are either pro-war, pro-drugwar, pro-Fed, pro-NDAA, pro-spending or all of the above?

ChumpDumper
04-06-2012, 04:35 PM
So it seems you voted for Obama last time around? I give a 90% chance you'll be doing the same or not voting at all in November.Over 90% of the people at Ron Paul rallies won't actually vote for Paul.

MannyIsGod
04-06-2012, 04:36 PM
So it seems you voted for Obama last time around? I give a 90% chance you'll be doing the same or not voting at all in November.

Hey, I give it a 90% chance that will either be sunny and dry tomorrow or rainy and wet!!!!!!!

Maybe you could try not pairing two completely different things and actually make a point.

it's not happening because it is April and the table has been set for an Obamney presidency. There is almost no chance of anybody else coming up.

So I take it you are either pro-war, pro-drugwar, pro-Fed, pro-NDAA, pro-spending or all of the above?

I try to have an honest discussion with you and this is the bullshit you come up with? SMH, this is the exact shit I'm talking about.

TeyshaBlue
04-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Che is from the "Apples, Parachutes, and Cray Supercomputers" school of catagorical syllogism.

SA210
04-06-2012, 04:50 PM

In all seriousness though. I cannot be convinced that Obama is a good President. He's a damn war monger and he did it illegally. Lives have been lost. Others can spare me the bs of the "innocent casualties from war are inevitable" because the wars should not have started to begin with. You see the video I posted of the children in Lybia with arms and legs and jaws blown up.

It is unbeliveable to me they gave this fraud the Nobel Peace Prize.

Not to mention the terrible NDAA and others Bills this fraud signed that took American rights away. And his damn cowardliness when ever coming to battle against the Republicans.

Fuck him! He was "supposed" to change things, instead he's having more war than that pos Bush.

Say what you want about Edwards, but Edwards did warn that you had to fight these Republican bastards, that you couldn't compromise or nice them to death. Obama openly disagreed, and look what's happened. Simply pathetic.

I support RP because he is the most trusted, the most honest, and most importantly... ANTI corrupt system. At some point in our lives or our children's lives the Dem and Repub system needs to come down. I might as well back that movement now instead of being part of the problem of supporting that very corrupt system.

RP may not win right now, but the bigger picture is the movement. And you better believe there is a movement.

spursncowboys
04-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Paul's office takes earmark requests from district constituents and forwards them on with little-to-no vetting (they say).

His ideological justification is that the fed is using the people's $ and the $ should go back to the people fro their projects

Paul says he doesn't come up with or solicit pork, he just passes on constituents' wants.

So their his constiutents' projects, not his. So not disingenuous to vote against a bill laden with his constiutents' pork.

just my 2 cents

But to vote against a bill that you are filling with pork...

FuzzyLumpkins
04-06-2012, 05:44 PM
LOL...

I get under your nerves, even when I try to be nice.... Shit...

Nobody wants your endorsement. That should tell you something. You should be so proud that people take what you say and immediately consider it nonsense. it may be jumping to conclusions but with you its most likely to be correct.

cheguevara
04-06-2012, 07:02 PM
I try to have an honest discussion with you and this is the bullshit you come up with?

:lmao yeah, you really came in here to have an honest discussion:

Thats not a very big crowd tbh.

Paul supporters delusions

Some of you are just flat out delusional.

that sounds like a great, phylosophical, honest discussion all right :downspin:

SA210
04-06-2012, 10:31 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/380534_2443453929608_1349642813_31839150_179085691 3_n.jpg