PDA

View Full Version : Greg Williams Real Bounty Speech Before 49ers Game

Darth_Pelican
04-05-2012, 10:21 AM
fhnn9kbqQUA

Fine speech coach. Too bad your defensive schemes still allowed an Alex Smith run offense to put up 36 points points including the game winning drive. Maybe if you had focused more on game planning and less on hurting players, your defense could have gotten a stop and the NFL's most prolific offense of all time could have won another SuperBowl.

This guy should never coach in the NFL again.

Bill_Brasky
04-05-2012, 10:29 AM
:lol all that head knocking "we have to make them fear us" talk, and on the first NO drive of the game Donte Whitner just absolutely destroys Pierre Thomas.

Love that shit.

J.T.
04-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Well now that we have this, I can't see Goodell letting Williams back into the league with him explicitly saying to go for the head while the NFL is trying to weed out intentional helmet-to-helmet hits because of the concussion lawsuits.

Saints sold their souls to win the Super Bowl and if you keep letting the devil ride with you, sooner or later he's going to drive.

Magua
04-05-2012, 10:44 AM
That's one Classless Asshole we'll never see on the sidelines again

Goran Dragic
04-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Yeah, this guy deserves a life long suspension

MavDynasty
04-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Wow, fuck him. He can burn in hell tbh

shyne
04-05-2012, 09:43 PM
That dumb fuck is finished.

Spursfan092120
04-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Fuck that motherfucker. Go after the head? Take out the outside ACL? Fuck him.

Findog
04-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Man, what a great speech. I really hope he gets some commencement speech gigs six weeks from now. I think he narrowly edges out Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday with this gem. Just some real pearls in there:

RESPECT COMES FROM FEAR!

KILL THE HEAD AND THE BODY WILL DIE!

MOTHERFUCKERS NEED TO RESPECT THE WAY WE COMPETE!

Goran Dragic
04-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Findog, coming out of nowhere and reminding n!ggas why he's still an all time great

TE
04-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Sounds like Mr. Greg Williams had a rough childhood growing up given his violent tone in this video.

Spurtacus
04-06-2012, 07:56 PM
NFL should have released this audiotape the same time or right before the suspensions were handed out. Then all the fucking crybabies would have shut their mouths.

I hope this motherfucker put some money away cause he's not coaching football at any level ever again.

IronMexican
04-06-2012, 08:03 PM
What pisses me off is that this was him a couple months ago. And now he talks about how sorry he is. Shit is pathetic.

RaZon
04-06-2012, 10:52 PM
How did that freak get as far as he did? What a sad sack of worthless shit. Bipolar?

JMarkJohns
04-06-2012, 11:43 PM
To top it all off, this was him knowing he was being recorded for a documentary. What would he have said without the recorder on?

Pelicans78
04-07-2012, 07:49 PM
To top it all off, this was him knowing he was being recorded for a documentary. What would he have said without the recorder on?

Slice the neck with the cleets?

JMarkJohns
04-07-2012, 09:45 PM
I understand all the cheapshots in a pile are typical in football. I get it. But how, with a warning prior to the game and prior knowledge of an NFL investigation into bounties, does a coach not only encourage the illegal act, but names specific opponents and what exactly to do to them knowingly ON CAMERA? Equal amounts of don't give a shit and dumb, I guess.

He basically did everything but admit the payouts. Guess he was smart enough to keep that strictly hush hush.

DeadlyDynasty
04-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Slice the neck with the cleets?

:lol

monosylab1k
04-08-2012, 02:14 AM
He basically did everything but admit the payouts. Guess he was smart enough to keep that strictly hush hush.

He kinda did that too, they say when he's taking about hitting Alex Smith in the head he said "i got this one" and rubbed his fingers in the international hand signal for "dolla dolla bill yall" implying he was paying for the first head hit on Smith.

JamStone
04-08-2012, 07:39 AM
I'm not particularly offended by the speech because I think as many NFL players have suggested, that kind of stuff probably gets said a lot by coaches on a lot of other teams as well. But considering the Saints were specifically warned before this game and that Williams should have been aware of the camera crew, a lot of the stuff he said was incredibly stupid. There are probably several other coaches / assistant coaches who preach the same way to their defenses.

Saints are definitely being made examples of. Not that it isn't wrong on many levels. But they're probably getting the extreme end of it because they're the ones who got caught.

monosylab1k
04-08-2012, 12:22 PM
I'm not particularly offended by the speech because I think as many NFL players have suggested, that kind of stuff probably gets said a lot by coaches on a lot of other teams as well. But considering the Saints were specifically warned before this game and that Williams should have been aware of the camera crew, a lot of the stuff he said was incredibly stupid. There are probably several other coaches / assistant coaches who preach the same way to their defenses.

Saints are definitely being made examples of. Not that it isn't wrong on many levels. But they're probably getting the extreme end of it because they're the ones who got caught.

It's partly because they got caught, but mostly because they lied and tried to cover it up. Everyone butthurt saying ":cry Why are they getting this severe a penalty when Belichick just got fined and that's it?" forgets that Belichick never tried to hide his videotaping, he even argued that he didn't think what he was doing was illegal according to the rules. Belichick complied with everything the NFL asked him to do, he gave up any tapes they had, and didn't lie.

That's the big reason why the Saints got so fucked here. Goodell is making an example of them, partly because he doesn't want bounties in the NFL, but mostly he's making sure no other team ever tries to lie to him or cover up their wrongdoing.

Goran Dragic
04-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Trying to compare videotaping signals to paying players under the table (a violation in and of itself) to injure players on the other team is pretty stupid regardless of the argument.

Pelicans78
04-08-2012, 01:16 PM
I understand all the cheapshots in a pile are typical in football. I get it. But how, with a warning prior to the game and prior knowledge of an NFL investigation into bounties, does a coach not only encourage the illegal act, but names specific opponents and what exactly to do to them knowingly ON CAMERA? Equal amounts of don't give a shit and dumb, I guess.

It was definitely stupid. Even worse than blitzing and playing man-to-man with 40 secs when a team has almost 70 yards to go.

Pelicans78
04-08-2012, 01:18 PM
The Saints, Payton, etc deserved their punishment. They lied, they ignored warnings. The league is also facing player safety/liability issues. I've got no beef with the punishments.

William Hung
04-08-2012, 01:47 PM
cowardice? helmets make you a pussy?

any team in the NFL would wax you're silly aussie rules teams, in your own game!

what williams did isnt any different then any other team, your job as a defensive player is to stop the offense in any way shape or form, if theyre too scard to run at you, mission accomplished. Thats why footballs the BEST sport in the WORLD

Hail to the FUCKING REDSKINS!

monosylab1k
04-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Hail to the FUCKING REDSKINS!

:lol